Almac Group Employee Review

Horrible Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Craigavon1 February 2019
I worked here as a Project Manager. I had a lot of previous project management experience but felt that non of it was worth anything as you learn being a PM the ALMAC way. The job essentially was filling in data sheets and document templates, hosting meetings and phone calls all day while applying SOP's and work instructions (alot of them).
Management is micro-managing and if you deviate from their expectations and do not follow instructions to the T than you have no chance of being successful.

Working hours are min. 40h/week, not including your 30min lunch break and often extended well passed 45 hours per week. Working in the evening from home or on weekends and holidays is expected to meet the business needs but the company does not compensate for this at all. The salary and benefits were decent.

Experienced, long-term employees have full-flexi which means they can make up their hours with working from home - providing them with a lot flexibility to look after their families. However, as new personal you have to be there between 10am and 4pm and also the time you need to make up 40 hours per week. As working from home is not counting towards your hours the flexi-time they pride themselves is worth nothing.

Bottom line, if you want a job where all you do is following orders and instructions and are not concerned about a proper work-life balance, this company might be a good fit. If you cannot see yourself in such a place - do not bother.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours, Micromanagement, High staff turnover, people are burned out.

Other Almac Group Employee Reviews

If your face fits
SENIOR OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Craigavon21 August 2019
As I was qualified etc for my role any input I tried to add to improve the process was shot down. Employees whom were under qualified got the roles as they where friendly with supervisors and management. My face didn't fit as I spoke up, had an opinion and my life was made unbearable.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Bullying, favouritism
Used to be a great company
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh17 August 2019
It used to be a fun place to work but once Allen McClay passed away it changed almost overnight. His attitude was that people were his most important asset. Sadly that is no longer the case.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almac Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Almac Group Reviews by Location