Almac Group Employee Reviews in Craigavon

Face didn't fit
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh1 May 2019
Started in Almac as agency worker hoping to soon progress to permanent position. After a year a full time position in a different department came up. I applied for job and got it. Downhill from there. Was made feel like a complete child by my new superviser they watched every move and I was never aloud to make a decision on my own. It seems if you have been there for years no one says anything to you (those staff don't know any different as it's been their only job) but I found it so demolishing and working there has knocked the confidence out of me. If the face doesn't fit supervisor and manager will nit pick every fine detail to get rid of you!!
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Some Supervisers will do anything to get themselves up the ladder in order for them to look Good!!
Horrible Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Craigavon1 February 2019
I worked here as a Project Manager. I had a lot of previous project management experience but felt that non of it was worth anything as you learn being a PM the ALMAC way. The job essentially was filling in data sheets and document templates, hosting meetings and phone calls all day while applying SOP's and work instructions (alot of them).
Management is micro-managing and if you deviate from their expectations and do not follow instructions to the T than you have no chance of being successful.

Working hours are min. 40h/week, not including your 30min lunch break and often extended well passed 45 hours per week. Working in the evening from home or on weekends and holidays is expected to meet the business needs but the company does not compensate for this at all. The salary and benefits were decent.

Experienced, long-term employees have full-flexi which means they can make up their hours with working from home - providing them with a lot flexibility to look after their families. However, as new personal you have to be there between 10am and 4pm and also the time you need to make up 40 hours per week. As working from home is not counting towards your hours the flexi-time they pride themselves is worth nothing.

Bottom line, if you want a job where all you do is following orders and instructions and are not concerned about a proper work-life balance, this company might be a good fit. If you cannot see yourself in such a place - do not bother.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours, Micromanagement, High staff turnover, people are burned out.
Positive
Regulatory Affairs Scientist (Current Employee) –  Craigavon12 October 2018
Good company to work for, good chances to progress and really good employee forums and benefits. I highly recommend for anyone looking to apply. It different per department but overall very good
Benefits
Cons
Big business
Wonderful organisation
Operator (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh16 April 2018
A great company and great experiences.

A typical day would include packing pharmaceuticals into packaging.

I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Lack of parking spaces
Office work in Almac
Student (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh23 April 2017
I was a summer temp in ALMAC, my job was to dispose of any documents belonging to a certain customer, making a copy of anything important. So, I learned the system that Almac used and now to navigate it. I worked under, a Project manager. The workplace was extremely professional. The Job wasn't to difficult. And what i enjoyed most was the conversations in the workplace
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
N/a
Like a prison camp
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Craigavon5 September 2016
This place was a nightmare , i felt as if i had been sent to jail , bosses like wardens , watching every move you made, touting everything to the manager, two faced bosses , The manager had more faces than a town clock. They enjoyed it when you made mistakes or they caught you in the wrong, lets make an example of him , was there attitude. If you were one of the managers favorite you got away everything, shame
Pros
Hours and Wages
Cons
Bad Management
A very happy place to work in
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, NIR21 September 2015
Sadly for me my time in Almac was short and sweet. I was temping for nearly 12 weeks there. I met a lot of amazing people in Almac. I would go back in a heartbeat. I left Almac in July and haven't got a job yet that's suitable.
Pros
Every aspect of the factory
Progressive and challenging post
Laboratory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, N.I.28 July 2015
Multi-tasking was essential, as was priority management, customer satisfaction and continuous communication. Guidelines were frequently in a state of flux (most often customer driven) so teamwork was mandatory. Working to time pressures was both challenging and satisfying.
Pros
Many company perks
Cons
Communication needed improvement
Interesting workplace
Senior Distribution Operator (Former Employee) –  Craigavon14 June 2014
My day starts with handing Shipments to various Couriers from 15.30 to 18.30 which is the courier cut off time so its usually busy . Shipments have be manifested and marked of as they are finished for despatchto couriers. Then I would have to pick various medical protocols as per the picklist in the job pack which tell me what locator and floor I need to go to ,then I downgrade the product with a handheld scanner or I could be processing various protocols which have been picked and located on a shelf by the pickers. Processing is using a job pack that has the information that instructs you in the manner for that particular protocol and if needs to be shipped in a ambient or refrigerated or frozen conditions so approicate shipper will need to be selected and temperature monitoring device as per instruction . Then the paper work has to be completed for the job along with Air way Bills , invoices and import liences if applicable , plus the labels to be applied to the outside of the shipper ie Dangerious goods , handle with care , this way up , toxic , flamable etc . We also have to fill in a log to account for our time no matter what job we are doing.
We have a lot of trainning to do when I started Almac and is on going as there is always changes and updates to the procedures. I've learnt a lot about Good Manufactures practice and Good Clinical Practice , and Health and Safety.
On evening shift I've been very lucky to work with people that you could ask for any better everyone is plesent and very helpful we all get on well together.
THe hardest part of my job is keeping the
  more... Quailty and Quantity up to the target level that are set for us . Ever job is checked and if the are any errors it is logged and we are only allow so many per year , depending on the type of error.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills.
Pros
Health care, Pension
Cons
working evening hours