AllSaints

AllSaints Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
Nice place to enjoy and learn every day
This is one of the best experiences I've ever got. We see all of our colleagues as a team instead of competitors!!! Everyone works hard together to reach the targets.
I don’t recommend.
Arrogant inexperienced team leaders at head office who tend to only be nice and polite when the big heads are around.
Snobbish staff.

Fake career promises.

The uniform/allowance benefit makes no sense (50% off is not really 50% off, deadline to use it, not transferable).

Discrepancy in benefits and bonuses depending on contract.

The extremely high turnover speaks for itself.
Pros
The music, interaction with customers from across the globe
Cons
Long hours, uncomfortable chairs, outdated system, old equipments
Good Management
Edinburgh store: best first job could ask for. Glasgow store poorly managed, staff not given enough guidance and are treated solely on sales no matter the situation.
Great company to work for
All Saints is a great brand to work for, you get amazing benefits and they always take into consideration your work life balance. Amazing brand! would recommend to anyone.
Easy to adapt
I worked for 2 years and enjoyed it, only a small team but as long as you work hard you can enjoy it. Good uniform discounts. I personally love AllSaints clothing so it was very exciting o see new styles and colours.
the worst work life balance
the typical day for a stylist at Allsaints is the same as most other retail stores at a similar price point although. the best part of this jobs is the friends you make from within the team because you all hate your job equally and bond over this. when an employee gets a new job youre all happy that they have managed to escape the nightmare off Allsaints. work life balance is an absolute joke. managers might change your days off the day before or change your shift for the next day 10 mins before you're about to leave. the management in some stores is extremely pushy for sales and expect you to cling onto customers. the managers do nothing and just dictate and distracts you but then complain that you're not doing your job. occasionally you might have a manager that is nice, I have had ONE out of 6 managers and 2 nice cover managers. brand don't allow stylists and managers to be friends and associate outside of work.
Really Good
Amazing company, just upsetting to know that I didn’t get kept on due to funding issues. Amazing place to work, with an even better team of staff to get along with day in, day out!
Productive, but can be repetitive.
Work can vary from day to day, but generally is the same most of the tine. Not a lot of opportunity to make friends or conversation. Schedule is mainly fixed with occasional lengthy periods depending on influx of orders.
Can be very strict regarding phone policies, so emergencies have to wait.
Awful
No training received when joined as floor manager, poor management within the store and out, store manager was horrible too work with. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone stay clear of this company as they don’t know how to treat staff properly.
Awful place to work!!
Would not recommend working here, the management are awful and talk down to you like you're a nobody. The training given is non-existent, but a lot is expected of you from the get go. Just simple do not work here.
Really enjoyed working there for experience its nice meeting new people.
Really peaceful atmosphere enjoyed gaining experience there which will help me in the future .nice staff great funding money for there charity
Also nice meeting new people who come in .
Good
Amazing place to work, you gain confidence and a sense of pride when working there, staff are friendly and so are customers, this job helps you gain skills you need
God awful
Just don't work here.

I've never worked for a company that treat you so badly. Pay is shoddy, benefits don't exist, management full of fake/empty promises.

Management more than happy for you to work 18 hours without stopping and say it shows commitment.... er no thats just slave labour.

An awful place to work.
Don't work here
Management don't care about you whatsoever, they don't give you flexible hours, they make you do dangerous work like unscrewing and screwing heavy metal shelves and picking up heavy glass, when they close off the store for the evening. They do not care about you as a person and treat you like slaves, only pro is that you get a decent break and the collegues are all nice and welcoming.
Pros
nice colleugues, decent pay and break
Cons
pretty much everything
hard job
Senior managers do not know how to rotate a PDF, use Paint application or make a pivot table.
The system is from the 1990s, full of bugs and delays.

People are not honest and rude.

Selective favouritism.
Not good to work
We do not have job secure. Not a good management or culture. You do not have liberty to manage your own team.
Lack of team work specially management team.
Easy job, poor higher management
Concession managers/store managers usually very good, higher up the ladder very disjointed. Poor communication especially to smaller teams. Fair wages and perks such as gift vouchers.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Poor Communication
stressful and staff depentant
Management depended on staff's continued sacrifices in order to maintain the store. Management changes from dissatisfaction were frequent. The company saw staff sacrifice as expected and not commendable.
Very thin, shiny exterior, but very ugly on the inside - avoid
I was singled out and bullied by my manager and other staff noticed. She made a concerted effort to get rid of me to no avail just because, for whatever reason, I clearly wasn't her cup of tea. The 'disciplinary' in which I was accused of things I proved wrong was carried out in a disgusting manner by two managers (that clearly had already made their minds up about me before I even spoke a word) in Leeds that I now realise, after a couple more years in retail, was abhorrent and I should've given them a far harder time. So clearly there's a pattern of the kind of people they hire for management.

My manager at the time, saw fit to tell me to ''do some work'' while I was talking to a customer about her holiday and trying to identify what she might like, building rapport with a customer... something you are TRAINED TO DO.

The only saving grace of working there were the other stylists, who didn't really take to our manager either.

If you have any self respect, at the very least avoid the Leeds stores like the plague. Seriously, whatever they're paying 'Stylists' is NOT WORTH IT.
Progressive workspace
There is no typical day; you might be quiet, you might take over 2k in 4 hours, who knows. You're taught to give good customer service and ensure that each customer leaves satisfied, regardless of whether he/she has made a purchase. Management are happy to increase hours if you ask and it is possible, provided you prove that you can keep up with the busy periods, and not waste time when it's quiet. Admittedly, you need to be somewhat a self-starter, but if you want a job that pays well, you can't be spoonfed everything. Staff are diverse and work well with each other, I personally believe this is a factor in hiring, as each team is significantly different. The hardest part of the job is keeping calm when multiple customers require you at once, the most enjoyable is frankly the perks.
Pros
Great wage - especially for younger workers, flexible management, perks, great discount, regular incentives
Cons
Shift work, sometimes unreliable hours (one week 8, the next 20), you're held to a high standard
Awful place
Awful pay for very demanding work, very shoddy working facilities and management were at times very unprofessional. Never got paid correctly or on time.

Staff were very toxic and would try and boss others around, stand up for yourself and it would just land you in trouble with management over trying to mention a simple issue.

You would be made to arrive early before your shift and leave late and not get paid for it either, if you tried to leave on time you will be disciplined.
Pros
Leaving the store
Cons
Everything apart from leaving, even though you'd be in the next day.