Allied Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst job I’ve ever had!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester-Le-Street6 June 2019
So where do I start.. Basically I was lied to from the start. When I first applied to work for Allied Healthcare I was promised a contract and competitive rates of pay however, when I went into the office to sign my contract, it was zero hours and the rate of pay was £8.21ph (minimum wage). When I started the job I had nothing but helll!! Management is very poor, and there is a definite lack of communication between staff. I was regularly being send to clients houses that were either in hospital or had past away and the office would either be unaware of this or just wouldn’t inform you. This was annoying as sometimes it would be a 20 mins drive between clients houses and we only get paid 14p per mile. Staff were not very friendly either, I found that staff would be name calling and talking about me to clients, which is very unprofessional and basically bullying. Office staff don’t treat you much better either, whilst walking into to the office, I felt very uncomfortable, everyone goes quiet and nobody chats until you leave.

I would not recommend this company to work for! Youre treated with no respect at all, you are made to feel worthless!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, treat unfairly
Would not bother
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham6 June 2019
Extremely bad Company. Managers tell terrible lies, I had dealings with 4 in a short time, caught each and everyone out lying. More worried about profit than any clients. Will promise you the earth to start then nothing. Training is abysmal, none existence. Just interested in ticking a box for compliance needs than doing it right. When it does go wrong and it does it gets brushed under a very large rug they have, never disclosed to governing body or local authority, terrible. All clients I meet never blame the carers always management and office. Your treated like a piece of dirt. Have to get from call to another will know travel time. Think they can pick you up put you down as they please. Bullied to pick up extra shifts when your already dead on your feet. All and all stay away if I were you a lot better care companies
Pros
Clients
Cons
Very long hours
Poor management
Carer (Current Employee) –  Carmarthen29 May 2019
Job was ok but the best senior carers in office left and he was only one with any work ethic . Lazy rota work from co ordinator and impossible work load . Embarrassing should be ashamed
Cons
Good friendly company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford24 May 2019
Medication, finances, booking appointments, life skills, personal care.
Cooking. Daily activities. Daily note taking, driving to activities and shopping. laundry, cleaning and house hold duties.
Pros
Sleep ins required.
Cons
working weekends, evenings, unsociable hours.
Great company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster15 May 2019
I worked for premier for 10 years. Great team to work for amazing clients to support. will continue to work here for the foreseeable defiantly! good pay and good way to gain further skills
Pros
pay
Cons
sometimes long hours
A good place to learn care work
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury4 May 2019
It was varied. I enjoyed the actual work but fed up of all the driving. Rotas were a pain, kept putting extra hours on and not always with the same service users.
Worked with some great staff.
Did NVQ2 and 3 with Allied.
Some fond memories and some not so good but glad I did it
Pros
Excellent traing, great co-workers
Cons
Rotas, travel
Awful
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeenshire2 May 2019
Only worked here for a short time due to poor management and lack of communication and training. Had a full week of unpaid training then a further week of shadowing experienced carers before being given my rota which was in a town I was unfamiliar with and clients whos homes I had never been to/visited before. Expected to care for client's using equipment I hadn't been trained to use.
Absolutely awful I was glad to leave.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Managment
Job satisfaction
Quality manager and compliance (Current Employee) –  National28 April 2019
I have worked with Allied for just over 2 years now and in that time have have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience and feel I have built a reputation of being a expert in my field. I have worked alongside some of the most supportive and knowladgeble people within the business and feel grateful that each and every employee from the carers to the CEO all have the same objective and that is to ensure a good quality of care is delivered safely to each individual.
1 star is too much for them!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent26 April 2019
Spent 5 years in the job fantastic enjoyed every minute of it then BANG company goes bust new owners and management came in all get treated like dirt told if u don't work when they say they won't pay your contacted hours THATS if they pay u correct anyways sometimes u got to wait an age for money owed not appreciated when extras are picked up offer the world give u sod all and as for half the stuff they offer don't listen load of poppycock if u can get time off well done and good luck they will still ring u constantly to come off early to work as they don't have the staff as they keep bullying and pressureing u todo everything staff just walk out so if u want to apply good luck ya gonna need it if old management was still there this would be a great review but like the title says right now one star is way to much for these clowns.
Pros
Old management
Cons
New management
enjoyable
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 April 2019
I have worked for allied for 10 years i enjoy my job and the clients i work with.
i would usually assist clients in the morning with personal care and breakfast. make the bed, administer or prompt medication.
sometimes do domestic work or shopping for the client.
Cons
not always enough hours
Absolute shambles of a company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head Office16 April 2019
Poor management over the years has clearly destroyed what was a leading healthcare company. They are now owned by another company who also have poor reviews
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Bad Work Place
Carer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset15 April 2019
I think that the Company need better Management
Pay needs to improve
I think that the Staff needed more training on certain aspects of the Job.
Better Hours
Pros
Non
Cons
Pay is bad
Alright if your desperate for a job
Carter (Former Employee) –  Beccles, Suffolk30 March 2019
The Place will literally employ anyone.
Constantly ringing you up even when you have said no to work.
Been 3 years now since I left to have my little girl and not once has anyone been in touch to see how I am or if I was going back.
Pros
Cons
Zero hour contracts
money motivated
Team manager - Allied Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire28 March 2019
During my time at allied I felt unappreciated and undervalued. Teams are overworked and understaffed and it is glaringly obvious that the company only cares about the figures and not the people behind them.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent28 March 2019
Allied Care Company is proud to provide high-quality homecare and support services that keep clients safe, cared for and happy in the comfort of their own home.

Their bespoke service is individual and personalised for all clients so they can ensure their caring, carefully selected and fully trained staff deliver service to the client’s preference. The management team had finally been changed to individuals that care about thier work force and they dont protect certain people within the company i.e family, the old management team bullied and miniplated the staff and works force to statisfy I. E family.

Would like to thank the Allied Team for the support and guidance in the past two months after taking over.
Pros
New Management, clients, training, millage, Pay Rate
Cons
The Old Management Team
I need to be honest . .
worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford27 March 2019
I got paid for doing not a lot and a lot of other people did too. The management/directors didn't have a clue and as a company they hemorrhage money. People were 'working away' for a week on projects that took a day to complete and there was no fear of consequence or reprisal. Management are top heavy too. I wasn't there long as the guilty got to me and a redundancy package was offered.
Pros
Beacon International
Cons
Lack of leadership, strategy, drive and common sense
Waste
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, Monmouthshire27 March 2019
A waste of time. Will bully you. Don't care about their staff. New managment are a waste of time and treat you like dirt no problems with old managment lucky to get 1 star would give minus 50
Cons
worst place company to work for Higher management are unprofessional they change contracts unlawfully
branch manager (Former Employee) –  telford25 March 2019
Worst company to work for higher management are under hand, change contracts without consultation, don't care about their staff or customer all about getting money in at the expense of middle management. Do not comply with legislation and change things to suit themselves.
Pros
some branch staff and majority of the good carers
Cons
higher management are decietful
Much better the last 3 months!!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pontypool25 March 2019
I’ve worked for allied over 3 years , most of that time I wasn’t happy in the company but enjoyed the job itself.
The management was shocking and they had family members working under them which I don’t think should have been allowed as they were treated differently to every other carer. The management before we’re more concerned about making friends and skivvys than doing they’re job properly!
The management now is SO much better and So much better run that I even enjoy being in work that much I don’t mind picking up the extra shift here and there when needed.
Carers and all office staff work together as a team now and we are all treated the same , The new manager deals with all concerns , complaints asap and doesn’t palm them off!
The new manager along with the other office staff always rings to check up on you and check that everything is okay , she is always there to help when she can. Allied is now a much better environment and I look forward to going to work!
Pros
Clients, office staff
Crazy hours.
Nursing and support staff (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire22 March 2019
It used to be a good company to work for, sadly, having sold out the hours are long, mad and crazy and the salary doesn't reflect the work and loyalty given by the nursing staff and carers to the patients. The office staff only think about themselves and have never or hardly ever been out on the roads doing the actual work themselves. It's very sad but since the sell out the financial and Court issues they have got themselves into is only what they deserve.
Pros
no pros anymore
Cons
all cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9