Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend anyone that wants to here
Careworker (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 July 2018
Would never recommend anyone to work for this company extremely rude staff ,poor management,don’t pay you on time and force you to do extra hours,hours that ain’t even in your contract or that you applied for,the management shouldn’t even be be working there
Cons
Rude staff and pay issues
Avoid- avoid- avoid
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Stafford Head Office3 July 2018
The pressure is relentless- The working environment is atrocious. No air con and office staff are not allowed to have fans and the heat is currently at sweltering point. You are expected to work 6 hours without a break. Comfort breaks are monitored. The management spend most of their time taking you in the office for a RECORD of Conversation- Affectionately known as a ROC. No training!! Coordinators are trained by listening into a so called experienced coordinator. On the plus side the working conditions take me back to my school days when we had to raise an arm to ask permission to go to the toilet!! Those were the days.

No words of encouragement-- no thank you for your work today- not valued- Not treated with respect- Not listened to by the management- But if you want to feell like trying the working in a third world experience then give Allied a go. Oh...if you recommend a friend to work there, & they last 6 months then you can earn £75 as a bonus. If staff would stay for 6 months then your laughing.

To top it all the staff are expected to clean the building as for the past 5 weeks the cleaning company have gone AWOL- staff ware tasked with cleaning duties, eg cleaning the toilets, vacuuming, emptying the bins...etc etc etc

Oh did I mention the un-achievable KPI's.......
Pros
So far I have been paid every month
Cons
Pressure, no support, lack of communication, high staff turnover, terrible working conditions, staff moral at an all time low, staff crying and walking out of the building, branch managers treating you like you are a grade 1 idiot, Calls not recorded.
Productive work place
Administrator/Quality Assurance Supervisor/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 June 2018
Very busy, Learn a vast amount of knowledge every day,My manager was my mentor when taking my level 5, the hardest part of my job is when I have completed my own work I tend to make work, I don't like being bored, I love all aspects of my job roll from interacting with homecare workers, clients everything to be honest,
worst place eva
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire15 June 2018
this company is rubbish, do not work with them. they dont care about staff as long the company are making money everyone look after them selves. lack of communication! you have to do as your told or your jobless
Pros
finishing work
Cons
everything the company are rubbish

Comment – 6 July 2018

Also any qualifications gained at the company are absolutely useless once you leave as they cannot give you any documents to prove the skills you gained whilst employed by them.

If your face fits
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland8 June 2018
Carers are used ceaselessly and office staff are relentless in pushing to get cover even though you’ve been working 12 days in a row. This is because they are supposed to do the work if they can’t get anyone to do it. Office staff are rude and it’s no use speaking to the manager because nothing gets done. There’s no chance of promotion if the office staff don’t like you. A really horrible place to work.
Pros
Client and carer interaction
Cons
No help from office. Harassment only
Lovely work, too much split shifts
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Conwy5 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Allied Healthcare. The work is rewarding and fun most of the time, however the length of the working days are a bit of a pain.
Pros
Feeling like you've made a difference, good pay with plenty of hours available.
Cons
Too many gaps in the day, long working days.
productive and fun workplace
Carer (Current Employee) –  Maidstone4 June 2018
A good company to work for, always on hand when you need them. Good enough hours. Nice Carers to work with. No to travel too far, right on the doorstep.
Pros
Go home for breaks
Cons
Getting rang on your day off
Very busy and difficult environemnt
Interim Care Delivery Director (Current Employee) –  South West England1 June 2018
Good ideas, high change of management and lack of consistency. Low on resource but excellent standard of care delivered. Local managers are excellent and passionate about care
Pros
good care teams
Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire1 June 2018
Worst company I ever worked for pay was always wrong rotas were always a mess they spoke to there staff like dirt they never kept in contact with their staff regarding cancelled calls clients being admitted to hospital etc.
Lovely place to work
Service delivery manager (Current Employee) –  Spalding, Lincolnshire29 May 2018
I am a new member of staff as I started in Jan this year , my day is longer than my previous job role was but it flies by, I learn something new for my job role everyday, I have met some lovely people and feel like I belong here , everybody is so friendly and very welcoming.
It is easy to approach everyone to ask for help and advice if I need it.
The support workers all appear to be very happy in their job roles and they also enjoy coming into the office. We try to have fun things going on too and arrange events for team building days too.
I do not regret leaving my old job role to start afresh and have new challenge as I have made some lovely friends here already.
The pay is good, Management are approachable, training is second to none. Over all a great place to work. I feel staff are treated fairly and that management try to help where possible if there are any problems that may arise.
Pros
team work friendly staff good pay excellent training
Cons
occasionally long hours

Want to know more about Allied Healthcare Group?

Ask a question
interview
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff24 May 2018
interview was shocking and staff was disrespectful and did not care about the well being of myself during this interview. was proper upset during the interview. will not apply again!!
Bad management unqualified staff.
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Spalding24 May 2018
Very bad management in spalding if your face does not fit your life is made awful. Unqualified staff horrible place to work. Full of lies . Very poor pay . No support .
Pros
Cons
Don't work there
Lovely team
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Morden22 May 2018
This is a great place to work if you have a family as there are typically long breaks, however, these breaks vary from place to place and during this, you could be asked to run to another call and fill in for someone.
Your supervisors are generally lovely people, you'll get along with the team and the workplace.
weekends are their busiest times so its extremely hard to get off early.
The hardest part was doing a very early to very late shift on weekends.
The most enjoyable part is still definitely the team, and pay.
Pros
the team and the pay
Cons
Walking and running everywhere if you don't drive
Leave while you still can
Carer (Former Employee) –  Letchworth England and Elgin Scotland21 May 2018
Absolutely horrendous company been with them for years as I needed the money I loved my clients but then once Office know you are close to them(as you would be) they take them off your rotas no support at all got pretty much sacked for being in hospital for a week money is atrocious and holidays are impossible don’t even get sick pay or paid holiday and I got a transfer which didn’t happen cause I had to start all over again going from working 60 odd hours a week to 8 terrible company if you are thinking of going with them , DONT !
Carer asistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire15 May 2018
I enjoyed working for allied health care. My employees were caring and friendly and always there to help and re-assure. Caring for allied was suitable for my lifestyle and also very rewarding as I helped assist vulnerable people in there own home to assure they were left happy and cared for.
Pros
Worked hours that was beneficial to me
Cons
Hours were not reliable
Fun and lovely place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stevenage13 May 2018
Very good company they look after their staff easy going and everyone is really nice good team work and very helpful good training, salary was OK and very flexible with appointments and time off
Pros
Lovely place
Cons
No cons
Recognised for hard work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire3 May 2018
In my experience, Allied is a great place to work. In two years I have enjoyed more recognition and advancement than in previous positions and work in a fantastic team with some very talented individuals.

Noone is under any illusion about how much work there is to do to get where we want to be, but there is a real appetite from colleagues to continue moving forward in line with our clear strategy.
Pros
Great colleagues, Approachable senior managers, Development opportunities, Regular challenges
Terrible place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire27 April 2018
No job security. Seemed to be permanently under consultation. No pay rises for 3 years running.
Most issues began when SAGA bought the company. They cherry picked the profitable parts for themselves and sold the loss making parts onto Aurelius. They had no idea how to turn the company around and things just got worse. Branch closure after branch closure trying to balance the books. Current management have no idea. Company is being run into the ground.
The only good thing about the company is the staff and colleagues.
The worst thing is the clueless management.
workplace
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon27 April 2018
I didn't enjoy working for allied healthcare, they didn't help out when needed, they weren't there to talk to if you needed to. they expected you to know everything.
Worst company I ever worked with.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire25 April 2018
I worked for the Middlesbrough branch. This was the worst work place I have worked for. The managers are extremley unorganized in regards to giving rotas on time. Addresses or times would be wrong or not on a rota. They would not let you know if a client had cancelled a call.

Would highly reccomend NOT working for the Middlesbrough branch they are awful to work with.
Pros
Clients are amazing, lovely, chatty
Cons
Not paid enough for travel expenses if they remembered to add travel on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9