Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Good Agency
Carer (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire13 April 2018
Good agency to work for. Lots of support and understanding for staff. Easy to talk to. Lots of work. No shifts left without staff. Good company to work for.
good team
Regional Recruiter/Administrator (Former Employee) –  sheffield/Doncaster13 April 2018
Pre-screening potential carers. Interviews. Making sure they were compliant. Interviewing candidates. Booking carers for training. Inputting new starters onto the data base.
Pros
staff
Cons
no cons
good team effort and good management
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 April 2018
It was great opportunity working in Allied healthcare.I acquired so much experience working with vulnerable people needing care.I initially thought that I am caring and patient enough,but now I am even a better carer than ever.Everyone in the office are very considerate and great listeners.
No support
Registered Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey4 April 2018
Since SAGA sold Allied to Aurelius there has been little or no investment into any kind of support structure. Branches and staff are expected to make do but still achieve unrealistic KPI's let alone maintain the level of complinace required by the CQC. I was personaly working in excess of 50 hrs a week with no additional salary or time off to compensate.
Pros
Cons
No support
lovely care company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford4 April 2018
loved working at allied but it was to many hours for me didn't really get much time off always got given extra shifts.but would recommend to anyone who is determined to make a career in care lovely staff and good company to work for. training given if needed and paired if walker unless you want to walk every where
Pros
moving around all the time
care worker
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry, Vale of Glamorgan27 March 2018
hard work long hours no thanks from managers had to use my own car and had to take out business insurance just in case I took a client out plus they gave short times to get from one client to another
Pros
good work mates
Cons
poor pay
Dedicated staff let down by incompetent office staff
Carer (Current Employee) –  South East23 March 2018
The work is great and I look forward every day to helping clients maintain their independence and helping them as much as the generally too short call times allow.

However, the administration side is frighteningly inept. Call times are wrong, calls are missed. The medication paperwork is mostly wrong. Calls are jam packed giving few breaks. The wages are minimum wage at best and you'll be hounded to do additional shifts.

Other than that, it really is a wonderful career as long as you don't mind being bullied or being paid peanuts..
Pros
Clients and fellow carers
Cons
Frighteningly bad admin & support
Nice working independently
Care assistant in the community (Former Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
Was a lovely job knowing you was helping the elderly at their own homes, just difficult if you cannot drive as you will need to drive to each individuals home
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long distance
Never paid correctly
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire15 March 2018
After a year of working for them i can no longer afford to carry on as they never paid me correctly and refused to do anything to rectify it. Always told it was a head office issue in the payroll but when i contacted them they said its down to the branch and they even emailed me confirmation of what they had said. The branch payroll refused to speak to me and didn't even respond to my emails after i provided proof they were lying.
Pros
The people you meet in their homes
Cons
Payroll issues and very rude office staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Telford12 March 2018
I left at christmas after 2 years with the company I loved my job but not the way the staff get treated. Management have no people skills and a bad attitude towards staff dont ask you to do extra calls tell you to. Very rude and shout at you to the extent you feel bullied .. would not tell anyone to work for the this branch . I worked with some very good and careing people and if the attitude continues they will loose them as well. The customers are all lovely and that's what I miss .
Pros
Carers and customers
Allied was a joy
Carer (Former Employee) –  Havering8 March 2018
I worked for the havering branch and the office staff were all lovely, pay was decent not amazing but decent. There’s always plenty of work as well including live ins and nights
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Pay
joke of a company
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, UK8 March 2018
never work for allied. no sense of time management whats so ever.

pay is no where near what was advitised as your only paid for the time in clients home. can be in work nearly 16 hours and get paid for 8. its joke
Loved my time
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pont-y-pŵl7 March 2018
Had very good management that really cared about their clients needs and well-being. They were very approachable and would help you if they could. Can be a very challenging job due to the hours and the clients you care for but is a very satisfying job. Great place to work if your committed to care and helping others.
Pros
Good management
Avoid at all costs
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire7 March 2018
Management structure is shocking. They take the big pay but expect staff to do all their work. Don't care about how stress and pressure on home life effects you. Complete joke. Directors make decisions without consultation to any other department. Avoid working at Head Office at all costs. If you are a carer you'll always get ripped off one way or another because it's all about the invoicing and they don't care if branches have processed your pay wrong.
Pros
Giving in my notice.
Support worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rhyl, Denbighshire27 February 2018
Poor management skills from the office staff they are rude and force hours on you the only good thing about working for this company was the staff and the customer I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
The customers
Cons
The entire management team
Former employee
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset23 February 2018
After starting with allied there was no support from management left on your own if there was a problem no manager or senior to call ,
Promised contracted 20 hours in fact got less than 12 . Was told block paid wasn’t ! In fact in 13 weeks I wasn’t paid properly , wages always wrong but no manager to contact . AL nt paid , terrible company poor management don’t care about staff or clients for a care provider . Staff don’t stay for all of above reasons .
Pros
Cons
List is too long
A great place to work for over 11 years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire8 February 2018
I have worked for the company for over 11 years and after a number of promotions I have moved from a branch position into a management position that I love at head office. I work in a great function with some incredibly talented people. Management have always been very supportive and we have a culture of promoting from within which is great.

The care industry faces a lot of challenges which can make things difficult at times. The company has been through a lot of change over the years but is now very stable and is facing these challenges head on. There has been some brilliant progress in recent times with some fantastic things released, and with some even more exciting things ready to be launched in 2018. I think these will make a real difference and I can really see the company moving in the right direction.
Pros
Promotions and an extensive rewards and benefits platform released in the last few months
Cons
It is hard work but you are rewarded for the effort you put in
I loved my clients
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire7 February 2018
As I don't drive I was a mobile carer and would ride my push bike to my clients.
I generally had the same ones which I would have a good relationship with and would go above and beyond for their individual needs
I really loved this job, helping others .
Pros
Not every client had the same needs
Cons
Didnt allow enough time between clients
I enjoyed working for this company to begin with.
Social Caregiver (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London7 February 2018
When the management changed after a few months in it was noticed that the operation was not running smoothly anymore. My main concern was that it felt as if the management only wanted to tick boxes and did not care for employees work life balance.
Generally a a good place to work. Excellent cares who actually care.
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham6 February 2018
I have worked for allied Wrexham for a few years and have always found the standard of care given is exceptional. Like most care companies carer and office staff relationships can be strained. This is caused by office staff changing rotas at short notice and bad communication with carers. On the other hand carers are also at fault. Carers hand calls back at short notice and refused calls at will. Moving forward is the carers and office staff have a little more respect and patience with each other allied Wrexham would again provide the high standard of care we are use to.
Pros
Service users and staff
Cons
Office staff and carer relationships

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9