Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Worst job iv ever had
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 September 2018
Bullied into working long hours. 7 day weeks, 15hr days. Not paid travel time so frequently out 16hrs to only get 10hrs pay. Management horrendous. On the very few occasions you do get a break office constantly phone to add extra work. All training/meetings done outside your availability so absolutely NO breaks. All for a ridiculously low pay at the end of the week. No compassion for any personal issues, only interested in covering calls. Frequently made to do double up calls by yourself. Rules only count when it suits them! Shameful disregard for service users and carers. Disgusting place to work, if you work for these people you will have no life!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Management, hours, pay, attitude.. i could go on!
productive
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 September 2018
was a pleasure to meet so many people from different walks of life who needed help on a daily basic with anything from getting showered to making a meal.
good review
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon18 September 2018
this is was a really good company to work for

go into people homes and help get them washed and dressed and give them their meds

go in on a lunchtime and give them lunch and meds

go in at tea time and give them their tea and meds

go in at bedtime and put them to bed or got them ready for bed
Pros
time of inbetween
Cons
long days
not good treatment for staff
care assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife16 September 2018
I worked for this company from 2008 to 2011 in Dunfermline, not good company to work for, they ignored some service users requests, made staff feel unwanted and not listened to, I would never work for them again, wages and promotion prospects very poor,staff moral was very low.
Pros
Cons
staff not listened to, no chance to move up
Avoid, hourly rate is good, but is only for hands on work, travelling is paid at minimum wage, and there is a lot of travel, as calls very far apart.
Reablement Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex15 September 2018
Read the cqc report, it will tell you all you need to know, inadequate, current cva in place, avoid
Never have worked for a care agency like this and worry that the job I loved doing has changed.
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment, no time for lunch break, understaffed, constant calls to work overtime, most staff job hunting or have left.
Great company to work for
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire14 September 2018
I am an existing employee at Allied Healthcare and I have been with the company for 8 years.

The branch staff do their best to keep things running as smooth as possible which is greatly helped by the carers who are a great team.

Rotas are optimised to help reduce travel time and waiting around.

They have a great employee benefit scheme, garunteed hours, paid travel time and mileage, pension scheme, great classroom and on the job training before staff work on their own and also provide all staff with company phones that can be used for personal use.

Allied also have a refer a friend scheme, employee of the month and superstar of the quarter.

The hours can be long but that is the nature of the job, there are so many vulnerable people and not enough people to support them unfortunately.

I am very proud to work for Allied Healthcare and hope to continue working for them in years to come.
Not enough trained staff/ 90% of concerns on a daily basis
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London11 September 2018
Startex working as. Care coordinator, well for starters a home with embargo hanging over it, medication concerns, relitives asvised things in place did their loved one but in fact 90% it has never been addressed.
I raised so many concerns and escalated these to professionals outside the company, thankfully they listens and became very proactive. Allied healthcare do not have the service user at the forefront of the business but money
Pros
None..
Cons
Dangerous medication problems, clinical problems
Worst work place ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moray9 September 2018
Do not work for this company!! Staff are very rude!! They don’t know how to total up hours properly and jusy take the complete idiot out of you!!! They make you feel guilty if you refuse to say no to extra hours!,, they make you work every single weekend even though they promise you the weekend off and your imtitlesd to every second weekend off like that happens nope!! They wonder why everyone is leaving because the staff in the office are very rude to the cares!! Terrible company wouldn’t reccomend to anyone!
Pros
Alright pay
Cons
Very rude staff in office and hardly at home
Being a driver carer I have wonderful experienced double up's.
Driver Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton5 September 2018
A typical day at work - I am a carer driver and do not get my weekly rota for the week till the day before i.e. rota for the weekend I do not get till late Friday night and get my rota for Monday to Friday late on a Sunday night. This gives me no chance to arrange any personal appointments I may have so rules my life completely. Also have many rota changes when I am already with customers sent by email that I can pick up on my phone.

I am confident with everything I have learnt in these last 7 months, I do want to stay in care, it matters to me because I do care, a lot.
I personally think their administration/management skills are not good but that is just a personal opinion.

The hardest part of the job is the driving from customer home to home, I would much prefer to be in a care home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I get in seeing the smile on the customers face when I arrive, I am proud of the care I give (this is in many ways) and knowing I have done well with the care, it makes me feel good to know the customer is good and happy and comfortable with the care I provide.
Pros
Personal satisfaction that I am doing something good
Cons
Just to meet my lovely clients that I can help them to be comfortable and happy
Great client based
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Folkestone5 September 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is the clients that I currently care for as I have a great carer / client relationshop. No two days are the same and it can be challering at time
Cons
Long hours and travelling
Its ok
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Doncaster south yorkshire1 September 2018
Jus t to much traveling and the wages pay no good good company to work with good staff enjoyable part is looking after the clients I have learned alot from them and experience
Pros
Cons
Hours
Don’t bother
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland31 August 2018
If you want to work for a company that doesn’t care about its staff or clients then go for it. You can’t have a life outside of work though, because you’ll be working a 15 hour day (but paid for less!).
Pros
Free uniform.
Cons
Everything?
Forever chop and change your runs
Care asdistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City29 August 2018
terrible hours, finish with one client at eg 5:30.. next client start time 5:30 at the other side of town. To avoid paying travel time. petrol allowance not great either. Shifts constantly changed..clients added onto the end of rotas on a regular run, without informing you or your consent to visit this additional call. When Calling in sick. Asked if you could cover your 2st couple of calls until the office get someone to cover. Sorry you are calling in sick for a reason. Working with vulnerable people that you could pass your illness onto. The runs have you travelling all over the place.5 people in two street radius get service from Allied. But have 5 different careers going into them. It would make more sense to have one cater do all visits. Terrible organisation. Don't pay sick pay automatically I had to request it. Not a good company to work for. However new management took over as I left. Do things may have improved. But I doubt it. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Terrible organisation, poor mileage virtually no travel time
Good experience and helpful company
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 August 2018
Working on the road visit into the elderly at home and care of them.
Traveling around time spent meeting different people.
Nice place to work management friendly and helpful.
Pros
Meeting new people
Disappointment
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire17 August 2018
As a coordinator, the hours are very long and job takes over your life. You will be bothered during annual leave or weekends.

Management are very unsupportive and are out to further themselves at a cost to anyone else. No support given during time off sick and no return to work given or plans to support you in the return to work.

Management hound you daily to grow the business hours when we are already struggling to cover the hours we have. Constantly have to put pressure on staff to pick up extra shifts.

Absolutely no training or support given on how to support our carers when we took on a package of care for very violent and challenging individual.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Long hours, being bothered at home.
Good company to work for
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham15 August 2018
I have been with Allied Wrexham since Feb 18 and I have found it an excellent company to work for. The support that I am giving is excellent and somebody is always at the end of the phone to offer advice when needed.
Pay could be better but that is true across the board in care.
The office staff care equally care about the customers and carers alike.
The hours are plentiful if you want to work them but if not they respect when you have to say no and never make you feel guilty.
So far so good and I look forward to many years working for Allied.
Pros
free uniform, good pay
Cons
long hours (if you agree to work extra)
Not a nice place to.wprk
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 July 2018
This wasn't a nice place to work long hours no travelling cost covered no pay for.training.changing hours and shifts with enough notice.although good training taken advantage of good nature
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
Long hours until sociable hours
Wouldn’t recommend anyone that wants to here
Careworker (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 July 2018
Would never recommend anyone to work for this company extremely rude staff ,poor management,don’t pay you on time and force you to do extra hours,hours that ain’t even in your contract or that you applied for,the management shouldn’t even be be working there
Cons
Rude staff and pay issues
Avoid- avoid- avoid
Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Stafford Head Office3 July 2018
The pressure is relentless- The working environment is atrocious. No air con and office staff are not allowed to have fans and the heat is currently at sweltering point. You are expected to work 6 hours without a break. Comfort breaks are monitored. The management spend most of their time taking you in the office for a RECORD of Conversation- Affectionately known as a ROC. No training!! Coordinators are trained by listening into a so called experienced coordinator. On the plus side the working conditions take me back to my school days when we had to raise an arm to ask permission to go to the toilet!! Those were the days.

No words of encouragement-- no thank you for your work today- not valued- Not treated with respect- Not listened to by the management- But if you want to feell like trying the working in a third world experience then give Allied a go. Oh...if you recommend a friend to work there, & they last 6 months then you can earn £75 as a bonus. If staff would stay for 6 months then your laughing.

To top it all the staff are expected to clean the building as for the past 5 weeks the cleaning company have gone AWOL- staff ware tasked with cleaning duties, eg cleaning the toilets, vacuuming, emptying the bins...etc etc etc

Oh did I mention the un-achievable KPI's.......
Pros
So far I have been paid every month
Cons
Pressure, no support, lack of communication, high staff turnover, terrible working conditions, staff moral at an all time low, staff crying and walking out of the building, branch managers treating you like you are a grade 1 idiot, Calls not recorded.
Rewarding for people who want to help others
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire3 July 2018
Very busy but rewarding. Just a shame staff are underpaid and their travel is compensated enough. It's great to be able to help individuals to become independant again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9