Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Basic homecare company
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
Home care company, work around your availability as best as possible, full training provided. Must have own vehicle to use for traveling. Sometimes can be out until 10pm
Rubbish
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rassau ED15 January 2018
to get a decent wage you have to work all the hours god sends. Some of the office staff are ok but the people highly up are beyond a joke. you need to be young free and single as there is no work/ life balance.
Pros
Cons
Pay/ staff attitude
Not managed well at all
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex8 January 2018
I am a reablemnt support worker, I have enjoyed meeting and helping vulnerable people.
It has been hard at times seeing old people suffering but I feel I have helped some of the people I have seen in lifting there spirits when there having a down day, I am a bright cheery person and was welll suited for this role.
Pros
Cons
Driving around a lot, wear and tear on my car, not enough fuel allowance, wasn't paid mileage properly
my time at allied
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  tyne dock8 January 2018
I would look after about 2 ladies a day during the week then around 4-5 on a weekend. my role was to go 3 times a day to ensure that they had breakfast lunch and dinner that they had taken their medication on time, help them with housework or help them shower or bathe.
I learnt that I absolutely loved this job, I enjoyed looking after these ladies.
Hardest part of the job for me was working all day saturday and sunday and barely nothing through out the week.
The best part was meeting these different ladies working within a team and also being something other then just a mam
Pros
working with a variety of people
Cons
weekend long weekends
Wouldn’t recommend to work here
Community Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth8 January 2018
The hours are are ridiculous, one week you could do 33 hours, the following you can do 15. The pay is awful, including the mileage allowance. In the 5 months I worked for them I only earnt £2000. And that was working 25 hours a week and including all mileage and travel allowance. A couple of members of staff in the office were really rude, they don’t even really care about the clients have of the time. I phoned a couple of times to say clients were unwell etc and they didn’t care. The company is a complete waste of time, and I wouldn’t recommend to work for them at all.
Pros
The clients were lovely
Cons
The whole company
Productive and supportive workforce
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent7 January 2018
Good company to work for. Staff are good to work with. Training was good. Hours can be long. Company provide good care to the clients they support.
Pros
Local to the area i live
Cons
Hours can be long
not so positive
Homecare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley7 January 2018
at the time of working for the company there didn't seem to be a lot of support for care staff once training was complete you were left to your own devises and expected to know everything.
Hours are variable
Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil3 January 2018
No continuity or appreciation, every year they when nmw goes up they take it from you other ways e.g. less amount for mileage, minute billing and annual leave change of system so no more accumalted annual leave.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, expect to work all hours, no benefits and no appreciation
Dont do it
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire2 January 2018
I worked here for 3 years and fund staff were bullied often by other staff and management didn't care. The favourites where promoted whether capable or not. Pay is shocking compared to others.
absolutely socking
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembrokeshire1 January 2018
if you like not having a life and like being take advantage of then this is the job for you. The office staff are absolutely disgusting towards their staff, you get no benefits for working for them or doing anything for them as you offer to help them and then you have nothing in return when you need help they do not care. they are ment to be a caring company but they are not caring at all. They treat their workers and clients with no respect at all. They are rude, obnoxious and disrespectful.
Never work for this company
Pros
Cons
they are horrible
Would happily work for them again
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire29 December 2017
I learned a lot from working with allied health care I would gladly work for them again in team or on my own. All members of staff are helpful & understanding
Love my job at allied
Care worker assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire28 December 2017
i work for the Stafford branch covering stoke and Stafford. The office staff are amazing and so supportive, they're always at the end of the phone. I have a set Rota with set service users so I know them all really well. I do get asked to pick up extra shifts and visits occasionally and if I can I will, if not the office don't mind. All the care workers I work with are great too. There is a new benefits reward scheme that's just come out with some amazing offers. I wouldn't work anywhere else!
Pros
Amazing team work, set Rota, same clients, support from office
Worse work place
Carer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 December 2017
worked at Allied for a few months, i was pregnant at the time. they never did a pregnancy risk assessment. they are the worse company i have ever worked for, office staff we're rude. id never recommend these to anyone. they tried to make me go to calls even when i had a sickness bug, and tried to make me do double ups! The service users were lovely and very welcoming.
AVOID!
Pros
nothing
Cons
Awful office staff
Lovely clients
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire15 December 2017
The clients very really nice, also the clients family. I was on a set run so I don't know it that will a difference. Loved my job, the carers I worked with were lovely. Everyone at the office were nice.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Kidlington13 December 2017
making a difference to someones life with the littlest thing such as a cup of tea or a clean bed.

listening to the stories from the clients I cared for, from the old days and what they did when they were younger and their interesting stories about them as a child
Pros
very fulfilling job
Cons
very emotional when you lose someone you cared for
Absoluty Diabolical
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent11 December 2017
This company needs to be shut down. Absolutely impossible to work for! It's all about the money.The pay is bare minimum and they have no respect for the staff whatsover.I feel sorry for the clients who pay this company big money for care and this company doesn't care about them atall they're just dollar signs.It's a real shame. I would honestly rather boil my own head than work for this company. They are a disgrace, don't know how they get away with it!
Pros
Clients.....poor things
Cons
Working with allied was a great and memorable experience. I love and enjoy caring for the client.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havering, Greater London11 December 2017
They need improvement on how to satisfy their carer and staffs. Overall i love the job . The staffs are friendly and helpful. Their training was absolutely great , i was thought all i need to know about care job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Stressful job
Care Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  London7 December 2017
Very stressful job
Not enough time given between calls
Management don’t care about workers unless you are a favourite
If you feel uncomfortable with a certain client they will still talk you into going their
Office never answer the phone
Not very good pay for what you do
Turning your car on and off a lot causes problems
Not given suitable training for some clients
Will expect you to pick up extra calls all the time
On the plus side most clients you meet are really lovely and help you out more than the company
Pros
Free uniform, some nice clients
Cons
Long hours, no support
Health Care
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 December 2017
I loved working for Allied. I met some lovely people whom all helped me with my job. I learned lots of new things and enjoyed looking after people.
I spend most of my free time caring for elderly or poorly patients, making them as comfortable as I possible could.
Enjoyable overall
Care and support worker (Current Employee) –  Chester and environs4 December 2017
Overall, it is a challenging and rewarding job. it includes interaction at all levels. Have learned to work as part of a team and relate with people of all walks of life. The management is very accessible to everyone. The workplace culture keeps improving. The people are corrigible. The hardest part of the job is coping with personal emotions when people pass on. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made an impact in people's lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9