Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Shocking management
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 November 2018
Terrible management. Was messed around multiple times initially just trying to organise a training date. Serious lack of communication in the Bristol branch where I was going to become a support worker. Had to chase the branch multiple times just to get a simple response. Felt that I had my time wasted. Allied also do not pay for training and made me pay £44 for a DBS.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Serious lack of management, no communication, little respect for employees
too many hours
Health Care Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Romford7 November 2018
worked here for 6 months roughly I was starting to like it till they kept ringing me on my days off asking me to work a full day I wouldn't of minded if it was a couple of hours also I had a child that had just been born and hardly got to see her because of the hours 6am till 11pm that's a long shift for someone a day but doing this 5/6 days a week was tiring
Pros
free travel and help getting from a to b
Cons
long hours and not good pay
Productive and flexible workplace
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keighley3 November 2018
Role: Senior Healthcare Assistant.
Presently work as a continuing Care Support Worker and have been in the same package for the past 9 years. Complex care provided for clients with Motor Neurone Disease, MS, Stroke, Huntington’s Chorea, Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Medical Stock Checks and Ordering Supplies.
Liaison with other health care and professionals.

Courses Completed:
Medication Management
Epilepsy
Ok
On Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire31 October 2018
I loved the job itself but management was awful and you don't get paid for all your hard work. They treat you awfully if you are ill and can't find in. Split shifts also made it difficult to do anything else with your day.
awful the way they treat staff
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembrokeshire30 October 2018
allied are an awful company to work for they do you no favors even though you do them so many, no matter how much you do for them you dont even get a thank you.
you do not get any for of a job/life balance because they expect you to work every hour of every day.
the office staff are horroible and bully you and make you feel worthless.
dont work for them
they pay you next to nothing for all the hours your will do
they offer you extra money for when you do overtime to help them out but then they never follow through with giving you the extra money no matter how much you are on their case
dont dont dont let yourself get treated bad by then
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else
Relaxed and productive
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley30 October 2018
I loved working with Allied Healthcare. The management were just as much involved as the staff. We worked well as a team and under pressure. The care team out working in the community were exceptional in their vigilance when extra care was needed with each client.

I was saddened when it was announced that the branch was re locating to Lanark shire.
Pros
Experience and dedication to helping clients stay independant
Cons
Sitting at a desk (weight gain)
I do it for the Clients.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex26 October 2018
As with this type of work, the hours are up and down at times. Generally the office staff are helpful and friendly. They are good with their training. Gaining extra hours is awkward is conjunction with my availability.
I have been doing this work for nearly eight years, in the main I really enjoy the work. Like all jobs, it has its moments. But I could never work somewhere where I wasn't happy.
Pros
Relationships with Clients.
Cons
Lack of stability.
Shocking company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire19 October 2018
Lancaster branch - shocking company , if you can’t do a certain day they purposely give you only 3 -5 hours work for a whole week , unprofessional mangers talks to other staff behind your back , the pay is shocking , they keep staff on who constantly administer drugs incorrectly but you are treated the bad guy for reporting it , only positive I really enjoyed meeting the service users and getting to know them , I’m suprised this company is still trading
Pros
None - well meeting the lovely old people
Cons
Eveything - pay, management and office staff, unprofessional company
In experience staff who do not know how to deal with dementia sufferers
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rothesay Isle of Bute17 October 2018
This company make their staff work while the office staff look after their children.
How safe is this staff on phone and children can walk out of building.
Are they insured for this I do not think so what if a child had an accident whose fault would it be the parent or the employer who said they could look after their child .
Pros
Work and they say they will care for your child but not insuranced to do this .
Cons
They are not professional enough would not trust them to look after a paper bag .
good working hours but not a secure job
Admin, hr and payrole (Former Employee) –  wolverhampton17 October 2018
i loved the job itself but unfortunately I found allied changing constantly and jobs were always insecure. there was a lack of backup to hard workers and a result redundancies were made.
They were okay to work for
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea17 October 2018
There were times were you felt like the management weren’t so supportive. But other times they were brilliant. The days were too long. Sometimes I wouldn’t finish work till half 10/11.
Cons
Long days.
Absolute shambles
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales16 October 2018
This company is an absolute disgrace. Management speak down to you. Treat you like dirt. It's office staff and carers. There's NO team work. They don't give travel time between calls. If you take a complaint to the branch manager in regards to another member in the branch the manager will always take the side of the office staff. It's a disgrace. Constantly phone you on your days off. You have to work 6/7 days a week just to earn a decent wage. How they have got away with the things they do for so long I will never know. No wonder the company is in the position that it's in at the moment. Allied healthcare should be ashamed of themselves. Without the carers the company would be nothing.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, Pay, NO TRAVEL TIME etc etc.
awful
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 October 2018
I was sent for this job by the job centre as i was on jsa and would never have taken it if I had a choice. They don t pay you for the hours that you do work - only for the time you are at customers homes - you have to sit and waste an hour off your shift while doubling up so your partner does a single call which you do not get paid for - got sick of being sent out in the evening to do two 15 min calls and petrol cost you more than you were earning - and being paid 14p a mile petrol (when they could be bothered) was costing me to work for them. They lost my p45 and I was paying stupid tax and they were not giving enough hours to live on - I earned 58 one week but was taxed a 10 on that and was expected to put all of my wges into the next week without any time off or eating - horrible heartless uncaring company!!!!!
care work
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon15 October 2018
caring in the community. travelling from client to client providing care . cleaning assisting client with washing eating ect complete different range on a daily basis.
Hard working office
Field Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex10 October 2018
The office has good working team sprit. They pull together in times of need.
Management style is released but if need to will pull you to one side and have a word.
ridiculous
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin8 October 2018
allied was a joke of a company to work for, rotas we're constantly changed last minute, several times per week! office staff are horrendous, nice to your face until you walk out then they call you for everything! as long as you were doing what they demanded at no notice they were okay but as soon as you couldn't they would treat you like utter rubbish! they have no care why so ever for clients and very bad for neglecting not only staff but clients aswell! even if you had to be working from 7am until 10 pm you only get paid for the hours your in houses so if not a lot of clients no pay and mileage was horrendous, avoid!
Pros
some of the shift staff were okay
Cons
mostly everything
Barnch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 September 2018
Office staff awful and unprofessional, senior management only interesting in money and not the welfare of the customers or providing a quality service.
Not honest with their hourly rate
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex26 September 2018
As a community carer, I was told I'll be paid from start to finish, that is not true, they only pay you contact time, which it's so hard to make up for the contracted hours for a 30 hour's . As you can do a 7-2pm call and only get 3.5hours of contact time. and your travel time and mileage is all calculated wrongly. And they send you all over the places and not keeping you close to home.
Regret working for them!!!
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Dishobest with payments adverts, wrong travel time and mileage calculations and they send you all over .Rubbish company
Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City26 September 2018
care assistant required varied skills and knowledge dependant on client need. My role was defined by my client list for the day and the group offered adequate support and supervision throughout my time there, allowing me to develop.
Worst job iv ever had
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 September 2018
Bullied into working long hours. 7 day weeks, 15hr days. Not paid travel time so frequently out 16hrs to only get 10hrs pay. Management horrendous. On the very few occasions you do get a break office constantly phone to add extra work. All training/meetings done outside your availability so absolutely NO breaks. All for a ridiculously low pay at the end of the week. No compassion for any personal issues, only interested in covering calls. Frequently made to do double up calls by yourself. Rules only count when it suits them! Shameful disregard for service users and carers. Disgusting place to work, if you work for these people you will have no life!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Management, hours, pay, attitude.. i could go on!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9