Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

Recently Closed
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough16 January 2019
Loved working here. Recently closed. Very friendly staff, always enjoyed working within a team or sold basis. Effective care work given to each client
A job in care is Allied
Reablement Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Community16 January 2019
Dealing excellent community well, and helping the community back into home life. Helping with daily chores or just having a chat. Always there to help.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Driving
nice work place
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  North London16 January 2019
I loved working here and supporting people in their home it was very fulfilling. I loved taking clients out into the community to carry out their regular activities.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short calls to clients
Poor management and doesn't care about staff
Complex Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham15 January 2019
Allied offer some of the lowest salaries in the industry (minimum wage to work with very complex care needs) and some weeks they have forgotten to give me any shifts. I find them to be very insensitive towards the needs of their staff with extremely poor communication skills. I have often found out important information, by accident, from other care staff and not management. For these reasons I am now looking for new employment. I would not recommend working for Allied as a carer to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, not enough shifts, poor communication
Bad work place
Escort (Former Employee) –  Guildford15 January 2019
Good-
* ok rate of pay

Bad-
* never interact with there staff
* only got paid for the 2 hours never got paid over time if you was stuck in traffic getting the children to and from school
* never gave you correct information on the child
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never right information
ok work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensburgh12 January 2019
loved all clients...shame after several years your just treated as a number in the end.

managment bad
hardest part is saying no to extra shifts
rewarding job seeing that you are making a difference tp individuals lifes
great service users
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Denbighshire11 January 2019
i enjoy working here as i LOVE the people i care for and the staff can be amazing if you get the right team it is like a family. just your expected to always answer the phone and always pick up shifts, leaving you with no social life sometimes.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
not enough rrest
Worst care company!!!!!! Would not recommend
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire11 January 2019
Allied Healthcare literally treat you as if you are a slave. You do not get praise or even a simple thank you for the work you do and all the effort you put in. The management were completely rubbish at the Wellingborough branch would not recommend them whatsoever!! I told them I was unable to work weekends and had even told them at my interview and application form and they still preceded to harass me to work for them on weekends. Also they do not pay you for training and all in all they did not even pay me completely (worked there for 3 weeks)
Pros
Lovely care coach
Cons
Pretty much everything
Fun workplace
Field care supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire11 December 2018
I have worked for Allied since 2011 it has been my only and first job until now.
I started off in the field as a Domicillary Carer and progressed into branch as a field care supervisor alongside doing coordinating.
n/a
n/a (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
A typical day work at allied was very stressful, especially on weekend. Moving from one client to the other wasn't easy at all. I learned how to manage elderly people.Management wasn't bad,work culture was on point.Hardest part was, sometime not getting enough hours and enjoyable finishing your daily task at work.
Pros
Cons
sometimes
Helping others
An experienced care worker (Former Employee) –  Wigan6 December 2018
Rewarding helping the elderly, the hours don't really suit but that is part of the care work, hardest is seeing people struggle with day to day activities.
Pros
customers
Cons
hours
Management and treatment of staff
Carer (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset5 December 2018
There were many, many times where I felt not listened to within the company. When struggling with personal life issues I was not helped with work but instead given more hours I couldn’t handle. Doctor’s advice wasn’t listened to by the company and the weekly pay was a gamble. Either you’d get paid wrong or you wouldn’t get paid!
Pros
Weekly payment
Shocking company, keep away
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester2 December 2018
Minimum pay for day and night shift.
Dont let you sleep after night shift, harrassed by calls.
Always short of staff
Many times messed my pay, or forgetting to pay mileage pay.
Holiday system is offering minimum pay of holiday pay
Rubbish company. Not surprised they went bankrupt
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Terrible management
had a bad time
Carer (Former Employee) –  Durham29 November 2018
staff ok but office staff just want contracts covered spent nearly 48 hours at work one day because they kept saying they had no one so I said get one here by six pm as I was gong home then
Pros
good contracts
Cons
office staff
Great employer
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire26 November 2018
Loved my job, unfortunately now being made redundant due to closure, government need to do more to help healthcare providers in relation to agreeing to pay more for carers
Pros
beverages supplied
Cons
Closure
poor company
Attending client's homes and assisting them (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear22 November 2018
poor unorganised compay, just recently there has been alot of media attention focused on the company as to whether or not they can carry on operating, so this puts alot of worry in our minds as care givers as to whether or not we are going to have a job
Good place
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire19 November 2018
Was a good place to work for, Laid back office enviroment. Good team to work for with days going quickly. For my first office based job i found it hard at the start but quickly hit the ground and got use to the routine.
Horrible place to work.
On Call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  staf17 November 2018
No assistance what so ever, management structure do not assist to help themselves or staff. No job security.
The split shifts ensure that the their is no life outside of the work place and also ensure that you are always tired!
Cons
split shifts.
Great people and great place to work
Bid Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire17 November 2018
Love the job, the people and the nature of the business. Willing to let you run with your ideas to grow and maintain business. Lot of people who all put their heart and soul into their job.
Great
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire16 November 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there and was given great opportunities - no complaints. You get out of it what you are willing to put in - simple as.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9