Allied Healthcare Group Employee Reviews

interview
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff24 May 2018
interview was shocking and staff was disrespectful and did not care about the well being of myself during this interview. was proper upset during the interview. will not apply again!!
Bad management unqualified staff.
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Spalding24 May 2018
Very bad management in spalding if your face does not fit your life is made awful. Unqualified staff horrible place to work. Full of lies . Very poor pay . No support .
Pros
Cons
Don't work there
Lovely team
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Morden22 May 2018
This is a great place to work if you have a family as there are typically long breaks, however, these breaks vary from place to place and during this, you could be asked to run to another call and fill in for someone.
Your supervisors are generally lovely people, you'll get along with the team and the workplace.
weekends are their busiest times so its extremely hard to get off early.
The hardest part was doing a very early to very late shift on weekends.
The most enjoyable part is still definitely the team, and pay.
Pros
the team and the pay
Cons
Walking and running everywhere if you don't drive
Leave while you still can
Carer (Former Employee) –  Letchworth England and Elgin Scotland21 May 2018
Absolutely horrendous company been with them for years as I needed the money I loved my clients but then once Office know you are close to them(as you would be) they take them off your rotas no support at all got pretty much sacked for being in hospital for a week money is atrocious and holidays are impossible don’t even get sick pay or paid holiday and I got a transfer which didn’t happen cause I had to start all over again going from working 60 odd hours a week to 8 terrible company if you are thinking of going with them , DONT !
Carer asistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire15 May 2018
I enjoyed working for allied health care. My employees were caring and friendly and always there to help and re-assure. Caring for allied was suitable for my lifestyle and also very rewarding as I helped assist vulnerable people in there own home to assure they were left happy and cared for.
Pros
Worked hours that was beneficial to me
Cons
Hours were not reliable
Fun and lovely place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stevenage13 May 2018
Very good company they look after their staff easy going and everyone is really nice good team work and very helpful good training, salary was OK and very flexible with appointments and time off
Pros
Lovely place
Cons
No cons
Recognised for hard work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire3 May 2018
In my experience, Allied is a great place to work. In two years I have enjoyed more recognition and advancement than in previous positions and work in a fantastic team with some very talented individuals.

Noone is under any illusion about how much work there is to do to get where we want to be, but there is a real appetite from colleagues to continue moving forward in line with our clear strategy.
Pros
Great colleagues, Approachable senior managers, Development opportunities, Regular challenges
workplace
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon27 April 2018
I didn't enjoy working for allied healthcare, they didn't help out when needed, they weren't there to talk to if you needed to. they expected you to know everything.
Worst company I ever worked with.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire25 April 2018
I worked for the Middlesbrough branch. This was the worst work place I have worked for. The managers are extremley unorganized in regards to giving rotas on time. Addresses or times would be wrong or not on a rota. They would not let you know if a client had cancelled a call.

Would highly reccomend NOT working for the Middlesbrough branch they are awful to work with.
Pros
Clients are amazing, lovely, chatty
Cons
Not paid enough for travel expenses if they remembered to add travel on.
Okay company to work for
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 April 2018
I cant really complain about my experience working for Allied. Everyone works hard, it can be hectic and busy but that is the nature of the care industry.
Good working with the community
Community care worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 April 2018
Worked with the Elderly, personal Care, medication, shopping and meals, zero hour contract, pay was low, worked mainly on your on, not much of a social life, can be up early and finish late, the company was good when I needed to look after my dad, I could work around him as he had Parkinsons. Not always had a good rota, not always full when new people started.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low wage
Good Agency
Carer (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire13 April 2018
Good agency to work for. Lots of support and understanding for staff. Easy to talk to. Lots of work. No shifts left without staff. Good company to work for.
good team
Regional Recruiter/Administrator (Former Employee) –  sheffield/Doncaster13 April 2018
Pre-screening potential carers. Interviews. Making sure they were compliant. Interviewing candidates. Booking carers for training. Inputting new starters onto the data base.
Pros
staff
Cons
no cons
good team effort and good management
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City6 April 2018
It was great opportunity working in Allied healthcare.I acquired so much experience working with vulnerable people needing care.I initially thought that I am caring and patient enough,but now I am even a better carer than ever.Everyone in the office are very considerate and great listeners.
No support
Registered Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey4 April 2018
Since SAGA sold Allied to Aurelius there has been little or no investment into any kind of support structure. Branches and staff are expected to make do but still achieve unrealistic KPI's let alone maintain the level of complinace required by the CQC. I was personaly working in excess of 50 hrs a week with no additional salary or time off to compensate.
Pros
Cons
No support
lovely care company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford4 April 2018
loved working at allied but it was to many hours for me didn't really get much time off always got given extra shifts.but would recommend to anyone who is determined to make a career in care lovely staff and good company to work for. training given if needed and paired if walker unless you want to walk every where
Pros
moving around all the time
care worker
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry, Vale of Glamorgan27 March 2018
hard work long hours no thanks from managers had to use my own car and had to take out business insurance just in case I took a client out plus they gave short times to get from one client to another
Pros
good work mates
Cons
poor pay
Dedicated staff let down by incompetent office staff
Carer (Current Employee) –  South East23 March 2018
The work is great and I look forward every day to helping clients maintain their independence and helping them as much as the generally too short call times allow.

However, the administration side is frighteningly inept. Call times are wrong, calls are missed. The medication paperwork is mostly wrong. Calls are jam packed giving few breaks. The wages are minimum wage at best and you'll be hounded to do additional shifts.

Other than that, it really is a wonderful career as long as you don't mind being bullied or being paid peanuts..
Pros
Clients and fellow carers
Cons
Frighteningly bad admin & support
Nice working independently
Care assistant in the community (Former Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
Was a lovely job knowing you was helping the elderly at their own homes, just difficult if you cannot drive as you will need to drive to each individuals home
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long distance
Never paid correctly
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire15 March 2018
After a year of working for them i can no longer afford to carry on as they never paid me correctly and refused to do anything to rectify it. Always told it was a head office issue in the payroll but when i contacted them they said its down to the branch and they even emailed me confirmation of what they had said. The branch payroll refused to speak to me and didn't even respond to my emails after i provided proof they were lying.
Pros
The people you meet in their homes
Cons
Payroll issues and very rude office staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9