Allied Bakeries Employee Reviews

Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2018
I enjoy my job at allied bakeries. It's at a good location. The hardest part of the job is that I work a nightshift long 12 hours. Other then that I enjoying working there.
Terrible management
Hygiene Technician (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands11 April 2018
The job is fine...the management team couldn't run a bath!
Certain people that work there seem to get away with poor standards...poor working ethics.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Communting is a nightmare....inflexible managers...long hours.
Culturally A mix of Reactive and short term goals and blame culture
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 April 2018
Good salaries but poor culture and management direction. as a company they operate in a tough environment and this has led to a blame culture mentality, particularly at the Glasgow site. Managers are rewarded and recognized for their willingness to stand over front line employees at all hours of the day and night. Driving reactive work is much more valued than cultural and systems improvements.
The overarching company culture is very much lowest cost. Consequently the consumer is regarded as only price sensitive so the quality of ingredients and processes are secondary to low costs. It is my belief that ultimately this will cost the company.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Blame culture, no work life balance and reactive skills highly valued
Great job!!
Relief Van Sales (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 March 2018
If you're hard working it's the job for you, though if you want work/life balance or/and you have kids, it might not be the job for you.

My best job so far. Loved it.
Pros
Good pay. Keeps you fit!!
Cons
Long, gruelling early shifts. Six on one off. Four on three off.
fun workplace
Shift Manager / Planner (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim7 March 2018
I started as an ATM on the batch bread and within 2 months the company had brought in a new system and machinery to make more and better quality pancakes. I then got my chance into management helping to develop the new process. my days were 12 hour shifts consisting off days and nights on a rota basis.
Pros
developoment was excellent
Cons
shift work
This job could be brilliant.
HGV 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk26 February 2018
A typical shift would include muiti drop bread deliveries, to 16 to 25 various supermarkets, depending on the run you are given.

Each run is fixed, therefore does not change, so they are easily learned in a few shifts.

Obviously some runs are far better than others, so better hope your face fits.

The pay is good and always payed on time.

The vehicles are well maintained and relatively clean.
Pros
Job and finish
Cons
Work not fairly allocated.
Fun workplace
Dispatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Bredbury13 February 2018
Its a busy environment but you get to meet loads of new people, getting put in the vans and controlling dispatch , load our own van with the right orders.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
long shifts
Good experience
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 February 2018
Good experience but was only temporary work. Job entailed standing on feet for 12 hours on various sections of production line. Good poeple I would have worked their permanent if given the chance.
Pros
Flexibility
Class 1 IBT and class 2 radial driver Stockport
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester2 February 2018
Good company to work for with good wages and a good pension scheme. I enjoy most aspects of the job meeting the customer and good banter with the other members of the driveing team! I would say it is the easiest HGV driving job I've every done!
Some things are a bit old fashioned but the company is always improving.
Pros
Job and knock, wages, people
Cons
Old fashioned
Shift changes alot.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ferndown27 January 2018
The depot manager is very rude. Shouldnt be a manager. Lots of favouritisim. The flms are spot on at what they do. There are lots of procedures for interview.
Pros
Job and knock
Cons
Very boring
good company let down by poor managment
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevenage19 January 2018
working 4 on and 4 off with good pay is great ...but the high level managment are ruining the company and making the 12hr working day a nightmare by running the bread plants into the ground causing breakdowns and more work
Pros
good pay
Best place I've ever worked. HGV Class 2 driver
HGV Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire2 January 2018
From the moment I walked in the door I was made to feel really welcome. Every single person I've met has been really friendly and helped me out. I got my job through the agency on a temp to Perm basis and I had only just passed my test. They sent me out with other drivers and on my own in a company car to review the route I was going to be taking on. There was no being thrown in at the deep end and every effort was made to look after me. I feel really lucky to have found such a nice place to work. The pay is good for the area and although the starts are early (2am for me) I am used to the hours as I was a Baker before this job. Full PPE is provided once you get taken on permanently and the vehicles are very well maintained by a brilliant VMU. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. My route used to start at 3am but I asked for an earlier window and was granted it as they realised it made sense. Didn't matter that I was a newbie driver they still listened.
If you get a chance to work here, take it.
Pros
Good pay, good managers, friendly environment, good hours, cheap bread.
Cons
All round poor company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex12 December 2017
I worked for the milling side of this company as a class1 bulk tanker driver out of tilbury, disgusting people to work for, lying bullying managers, you have been warned, don't go there large turnover of drivers,
Pros
Pension
Cons
To many to list
Not great
Despatch Operative picking and packing (Current Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London5 December 2017
There's never enough staff. The pay is not bad £7.50 per hour.

The managerment team are friendly but they don't do anything to help when someone is getting bullied.

Members of staff are not nice, very horrible experience with some, but there are nice people there.

I liked working there but recently I hardly worked for 2weeks. they need staff yet there not calling anyone in.

There's more night shift people then theres day shift. It's sad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln2 September 2017
Very nice place to work apart from the unsociable hours and so times lack of organisation
Overall not to bad of a place the managers are always approachable
Pros
Cheap bread
Cons
Unsociable hours
workplace
Despatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
pick and pack out orders
different picking procedures were used
As most places some decent
despatch workers were helpful and friendly
most enjoyable was the fact you were left to your own way of picking
Pros
easy going company
Cons
change of personnel
Do not work here.
Bakery Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent7 June 2017
Treated like rubbish. The management never stick to what they say. I would not recommend this job to anyone. I worked at the liverpool road site in newcastle under lyme. The good pay isnt worth what you have to put up with. If youve got 7 pairs of hands then this is the job for you as they want you doing everything at once. Dont get a thank you or anything when you work your socks off. Avoid this job at all costs. Shocking company.
All department
Customer service department (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 June 2017
When I worked at Allied bakeries I worked in nearly all departments from finance department to customer services. I improved my skills in all departments and I learned how important it is to work in a team to reach your targets
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Good to work as it was shift work
Prodution (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire16 May 2017
I enjoyed my time there I was a production operative an got promoted as a dough maker which ment I had to use the big mixers with correct ingredients in also it was a good team to work for
Very interesting company
Temp PA to MD and Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, UK15 May 2017
I worked for the MD and sales director at a time when the company was undergoing great changes. I found this a very interesting company and goals were constantly moving.