Allianz

Allianz Employee Reviews

United Kingdom124 reviews
Good Company
Good company to work for. Enjoyed building relationships with other areas of the business and leading a team.

Very interesting role especially in my role as team leader. This gave me a good incite into the management side of business.

Enjoyed accompanying surveyors to various risks.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Grade capping
Fun & Fast Environment
Allianz is employer friendly and professional place to work. They are giving the good framework of professional & self development . Great place to work.
Established insurance company
Old established insurance company looking at new ways to improve ways of working.
Ramped up in short time the agile teams to support data and analytic programs.
best place I have worked at
this was the best ever work experience I wish I was able to stay however had to wait few months the working environment is the best ever relaxed everyone is friendly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours a break every two hours
Casual yet corporate, great atmosphere, cohesive, fun place to work, great location.
There are many positives, few negatives [that I experienced] and a great, friendly, atmosphere in which to work.

As a contractor I found each day a joy, the staff were like friends - made being there like a social event rather than work, yet there was respect for the hierarchy for managerial and directorial respect and responsibility.
Avoid at all costs
Awful place to work, bullying culture and very much a blame game when projects go wrong. After you leave you get the blame! Avoid. Work somewhere you are valued
A good company to work for
Generally a great company to work for who have opened up some great experiences and opportunities over the years.

The company gave me the opportunity to get back into the type of role I was seeking having been out of that particular industry for a while. They helped me in my early days there to regain my confidence in a nice blame free type of culture and progressed from thereon in. I was encouraged to expand my skill set and was helped to develop my technical skills to achieve career advancement within my role.

The company is also excellent in supporting people wishing to gain industry renowned accreditation i.e. Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications.

I would recommend the compnay to anyone.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of support on occasion
Excellent
great place to work with job security also make good friends and the amount you get to learn and benfits yo recive are great from company and parties
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finsh
Great place to work.Great benefits and perks...great work culture and employee friendly management. Great exposure to different style of work culture.
Nice company
Nice company to work for, very commercially minded but strong leadership at the top. They have a plan for the next five years, and there are exciting times ahead as they aim to be the No.1 Insurance company in the UK.
Productive and fun workplace
I am ISTQB certified tester and I have worked as Agile Test Analyst for five years within a manual environment, within the five years’ experience of test Analyst I have in-dept knowledge in test case creation and getting better in understanding user's requirement and Agile/Scrum Methodology. Moreover, while my on-job experience has afforded me to gain different skill set in the field.
I have worked extensively within various key development environments such has Waterfall, VModel and Agile Scrum. I am very good with my test tool which I gained during my five years’ experience as a Test Analyst such has, HP QC, HP ALM, JIRA and Microsoft test manager.

In terms of testing deliverables, I have spent the last five years writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Conditions, Test Cases, Requirements, Test Traceability matrices and also, I have helped define defect management process for some of the projects I have been involved with and have managed the end to end defect lifecycle on almost all of them.

In my latest challenge, I am currently teaching myself Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver and am given myself 6 months to achieve it.
Great potential
A good place to work - not great but has massive potential. Learn quickly and given time to develop - as long as the day job is getting done. Best part of the job? Join and make your own mind.
A great place to work with a very modern culture. Allianz benefits from its international backing with a large amount of inter-departmental cross over including between different countries. Opportunities to work abroad plus a very competitive remuneration and additional benefits package
Enjoyable place to work
I have had lots of good experience at Allianz and have really enjoyed my time there so far. Would recommend working here to anyone who wants to be in insurance.
Multicultural
great training sessions provided before starting the actual work.
4 weeks of hard core training and then some good coaching sessions.

Working Saturdays and late shifts aren't a good work life balance though
Worked here for 15years +. Suited my lifestyle. great colleagues and culture. good company benefits. Management good. options to move to different areas of the business. Left due to redundancy - company restructure.
Pros
free tea & coffee and great benefits
Cons
lack of job security due to company restructure
Great Company
Great company who follows the correct process, very progressive in the last few years - sad to leave. Great investment from the parent company in the UK through the LV and L&G investments which will be transformational for the business.
Pros
people, management
Cons
Change can take time - massive company but overall good
Team Morale = Exceptional
I thoroughly enjoyed my year working at Allianz HQ in Guildford.
Whilst the inability to work from home frequently was a little frustrating, the environment and sense of team morale was exceptional. My time spent at Allianz was one of the happiest working periods of my life. I cannot recommend Allianz highly enough, especially for those wishing to build a successful permanent career path as their are ample opportunities for development.
Great company
Great company to work for. Friendly yet professional management and staff. Good training and training always on hand if needed.
Great work life balance and great morale in the office.
Too much emphasis on results, to many egos not nice!
This Allianz job review kept popping up on my screen I am filling it in to stop it.
I worked for Allianz for seven years and would say this is not a nice company to work for. It is a results driven culture, fair enough, but the level of bullying and put downs by the management who are all under pressure by their bosses meant the team that I worked in was not a cohesive unit. Empire building was constantly mentioned by my colleagues and with the sacking/redundancy of all the office computer image engineers, throughout the country, and new QA inspectors team created I saw this action.

Allianz favors change for change sake I wonder if this is positive.

My memories working at Allianz was definitely unhappy.
Lovely way to spend 5 years
A very caring and supportive environment to work in with lovely people. Lots to get involved in if that's your thing especially for LGBT+. If I wouldn't have been made redundant I would still be here.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Redundancy