Alliance Medical

Alliance Medical Employee Reviews

Good work colleagues make work enjoyable.
Get to work for 10am and log on to the majority of packages required for the day. I then go through e-mails filin, discarding the majority then prioritising the rest.

The trackers come next in order of priority to make sure the images are getting to the reporting groups. Correcting patient data and pushing images across. Contacting scanning staff to match and complete work. Chasing reporting groups for reports keeping within time lines.

Any Urgent reports that need to go out when my colleague has left.

Uploading images and requesting images on intelepacs.

Taking phone calls regarding reports and images from referrers.

Sorting queries.

I finish work at 6pm.
Pros
Varied, problem solving.
Cons
Sitting staring at a computer most of the day.
it was a terrible experience of my life time
Very poor management style from top to bottom.Almost non existent HR department.No feedback and follow up. Not even a reply or feedback for a exit interview and complaints raised.
Good company
Good company to work for, good work/life balance. Great hours and suitable for people of all experiences. I got this through a temp agency and loved working there.
Great company
I have met some lovely people since I started work and it’s a fantastic extremely fast passed lots to learn I still learn new things every day no two days are the same
Admin heavy work with not much reward
Fairly menial, admin-heavy work with not much room for personal development. It was poorly managed and had little planning to ensure the operations ran smoothly.
Rewarding, great training
Training is thorough and well thought out, with many resources provided for you to use. A great company to work for with many opportunities for progression.
happy at work
my time at alliance medical was very good and i enjoyed working there also the type of work, this type of work wouldn't suit everyone, as can be quite stressful talking to patients knowing they may have cancer. we had to do our best to make the patient less stressful at a most difficult time and show empathy at all times. explain to patient what the scan will involve and where it might be done offer a date/ time to suit them but also required to offer next available appointment .
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
fixed term contract only
enjoyable and challenging
Whilst I enjoy my work and maintain a good work life balance, management and company structure change regularly making any continuity difficult. For an experienced radiographer this is not a challenge but for newly qualified radiographers wanting advancement it can be difficult. New sites are always coming on line so room to move about within the company.
Pros
Variety, hours, location
Cons
changing management restructuring
Friendly environment
People are really nice and the management is swift. I have been working for over 6 months now. Great working place. Tend to be quite busy which is a good part as you get to learn a lot.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
long shifts
Good for Radiographers
Worked extremely hard and was not valued at all. When I left they employed three people to replace me. Run ragged. Boss was unreasonable for holiday and medical appointments.
Mobile radiographer south
The worst company I HAVE EVER EVER EVER worked for in my entire life. Recently quit and what a relief. Driven by snakes and sly managers that cannot be bothered to answer employee calls or any be bothered to sort anything out. The only time you her from them is when a customer makes a complaint. Get to much for them and they will conspire against you and get rid of you. Seriously avoid this company like the plague especially if you are considering working in the south cos the mangers there really are pathetic. Loads of paper work to do and i means loads, policy after policy, and the oldest smelliest scanners I have ever worked on.
Pros
Cons
everything about the company
No oportunity for advancement
No opportunity for advancement within an administrative role. Staff are wonderful but often held back by host sites. .......................................................
Clicky and stuck up
most of the staff went to uni and look down on those who didn't. Offices in out of the way places so if you re bus reliant can be difficult on later shifts and colleagues reluctant to offer you a lift. Tendency to employ relatives of other staff, ie managements spouses employed via an agency so they get paid more and 5 minutes in the door and they are giving you orders like they own the place. If your face don't fit can make your life miserable. I used to eat my lunch then spend the rest of my lunch hour sat on the loo where no one could get at you.
Pros
non
Cons
numerous
Not the job I expected
I was going in to work the logistical side of the business which I did initially, but the questions became more and more medical as the months went on which resulting in me leaving at the end of my contract.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No training for the job i was doing
Mobile Radiology Company
Good experience in CT/MRI with training available in PET and PET/CT and diagnostic radiography.
Varied sites and opportunity to cross train in other modalities.
Pros
Good experience
Excellent work place
Really enjoyed working here, staff and managers very friendly. good benefits, salary above average, very flexible towards childcare needs, canteen very cheap
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
non
Badly let down, poor training & management.
I worked as Clinical Assistant on Mobile scanning units, thoroughly enjoyed the job working alongside the Radiographer, I did find the inital training poor and follow ups with Managers rare, I think I only as mine 2 x in 5months.
Bad communication from management about changes to the company & job roles only finding out after the event. 2 weeks before 6 month probation myself & colleague finished with 1 weeks notice, not full explanation only that company cutbacks. Feel badly let down that a company can finish people this way,
Cons
Long hours, 12 hour shift plus driving to site which you don;t get paid for
Interesting work, but not enough hours
I did a 2 week cover shift for the Colchester office, and was tasked mainly to give paitents the forms neeeded to be filled in and escorting them to the scanner when ready.

Staff were friendly, but work ran out quickly and I was often told to go home once everyone had been seen.

Overall, it was experience I otherwise wouldn't have gotten, and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Valuablee experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Reputable company with a supportive community.
My wealth of clinical knowledge has significantly increased as I work across several sites, learning and adopting several techniques and procedures. Each shift is different as I work with different staff, different site making it less of a routine.
Pros
Company car
very busy work place
Nice staff, and your day at work goes very fast as always kept busy
Cons
Long shifts