Alliance Healthcare Employee Reviews

meh
Call Center Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normington9 August 2018
Managers are often busy trying to hop on each other for a romp, managers throw staff under the bus and often fire them for their-own mistakes unwilling to take responsibility for something they did or didnt prepare for.
Canteen is brilliant though and wonderful staff who work it, always kind and happy and not expensive.
Pros
Canteen
soul destroying
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire3 August 2018
Management were horrible, hours were long and unappreciated. Wouldn't work here again but the people i met while there were great people and made it bearable.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
soul destroying
Dont apply to work here
Pharmaceutical Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey31 May 2018
The management go out of their way to make the job difficult and make everybody stressed and make you not want to come into work.. the only good thing about this job is the pay you receive but i would rather earn less and be appreciated then earn a lot and be treated like rubbish without even being able to have a personal lifestyle on top of that!
well paid
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  derbyshire25 April 2018
can be long hours as you have to stay till all orders are finished friendly staff can work in different departments and learn different skills so could be working on picking or in despatch
Pros
canteen
Wishy washy
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Letchworth24 April 2018
You get treated as a drone for this company, nobody really cares about the employees and how hard they work for the deadlines given at times, often overworked and overlooked
ace
warehouse team leader (Former Employee) –  Walkden8 April 2018
excellent manager is a potential threat to profits and not interested in working people sound work easy days shift nice balance a few jealous people but easy to ignore
busy workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New Addington, Greater London25 March 2018
the day is fun and makes it go quick as it is always busy. the people are nice and i have learnt the what it means to work in busy environment, how to communicate with people and respect other cultures in the workplace.
Alright as a first time job to gain experience.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire22 March 2018
Not somewhere I would recommend anyone stay. Especially if yoi expect progression (unless you are shown favourtism). You are insignificant and just another number. You are undervalued and your years of service matter none. Benefits and reduced priced sales of stock apply to only the people they deem worthy of or on shift at the time. Knowledge of important information you are supposed to be telepathic if you miss it. Benefits of extra training even when under a redundancy package are not forfilled and the company has regularly seen many people be offered or forced redundancy. Not somewhere you can feel secure in a job role if you need security.
If you just need a little job, that pay is about adverage, to gain experience then this is a great job, but expect extremely late nights/early ams and forced overtime.
Pros
Boots discount
Cons
Long hours of overtime is expected.
hello
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Catania, Sicilia10 March 2018
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week.
Friendly Staff Great Managers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chessington9 March 2018
I worked for Alliance from Jan - April 2017.
I experienced a family death which changed my personality for a short period. Should have never have left. Great company and great pay.

If you have a desire to stay with a big company with great pay and benefits
Pros
Wage
Cons
Different routes at first
productive place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Letchworth1 March 2018
At alliance healthcare there was always something to do which kept me occupied, the jobs I was given were doing quickly and efficiently which meant that they were always pleased with my work.
Pros
always sdomething to do
Cons
Not a good place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire15 February 2018
My review of alliance Well your thrown into the deep end there's no team work and I only got one break doing either an 8 9 or 10 hour shift. Working for the company I got paid weekly as I was agency but to me this firm has got all the piroities wrong they should give the staff the correct amount of breakd
Pros
Not really any pros
Cons
Not enough breaks
Worst work ever.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire13 February 2018
One star is to much for this place.
First break after 6 working hours.
Poor money, management not know what it is health and safety. Between the bookshelves boyfriends (about 20 years old) he comforted his girlfriend 😂
Cons
Long hours. Heavy boxes.
Very nice company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex11 February 2018
Whilst working for allied health care always had full time work varied clients to work with always friendly and helpful office staff to talk to if I had any problems with certain clients.
Pros
Cons
Too many hours
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Cornwall)
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Cornwall5 February 2018
Applied for a job, advertised on indeed for a Multi Drop Driver in Cornwall (outbased). Got an email saying I had not got the job as there was a very high volume of applications and that they had engaged someone who they considered to be a better "fit" for the job. They also said that they liked my skills and experience and wanted to keep my details on file for any future vacancies.

THE VERY NEXT DAY the same position was advertised again on indeed.
So is this a fishing trip by this company to harvest personal details? or are they just having a laugh ?

Either way, I am sick of companies treating genuine job applicants in this shoddy way. WTF !!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Bad communication
Hard work , but enjoyed my time there
Bin runner (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire5 February 2018
Enjoyed my time there doing what I did , I was very motivated , enjoyed working on my own and getting the job done accurately, would defentinally go back there if a job was available
Pros
5 min drive from where i live
Solid working environment
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Swansea3 February 2018
A really hard working but rewarding job. The other employees are great and the management are friendly. Supervisors ensure you are working at you best in your suited job role. The workforce help each other like family and this company is a great way to gain experience in warehouse work. They provide 1-1 meetings with the supervisor once a month to see if there is any problems and issues

My daily routine would be to clock in after security and proceed to my work area (which hardly changes but can time to time) The machines will come on and the belt would start moving meaning its time to work!

I had two main roles, The first I would check stock and package them for delivery. My second responsibility was to place those packed products into the correct loading location for the delivery drivers the next day.

All in all, great place to work.
Pros
Good management (friendly), Training, High income, Respectful workers, 1-1 meetings
Cons
Very little to none chance to advance in company.
Exeter
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon27 January 2018
I worked at alliance healthcare in Exeter 10 years ago, as a temp whilst at college, I can honestly say one of my most preferred jobs of all time. The pay was excellent, the staff were really helpful showing me around and showing me the ropes.
Pros
Good pay
Would NOT recommend
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 January 2018
Horrendous!! The current management at Leeds is shameful. They have no respect what so ever for employees and clearly live by the rule "do as I say, not as I do" they implement rule after rule that they demand to be followed otherwise you will have disciplinary action taken against you, but yet they are blatantly seen breaking every rule in the book on a daily basis!
Their attitude and presence is that they are far superior to the warehouse operatives. It is near impossible to raise any kind of concern or voice an opinion to them, they don't hear you out, you won't get to finish what you have to say, (that's if you were lucky enough to start in the first instance) they simply cut you off, talk over you and dismiss you!
Pros
Clocking-out
Cons
Management (so called)
this was via driverhire
DRIVER HIRE RECRUITMENT, ABERDEEN (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City18 January 2018
placed for 3 weeks with alliance via driverhire, provided you could follow road directions and read the relevant paperwork, running around in a van delivering pharmaceuticals was pretty good. Staff were pleasant and polite .
driverhire staff equally pleasant and always efficient in sourcing work
Pros
allowed to exercise initiative
Cons
hours and pay but its agency work...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.