Allergan Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 1,129 reviews
Nice culture, but terrible pay and poor management
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 March 2018
Five years at Allergan Liverpool. Expanding workplace but terrible management. Some intetesting biologics projects. Scientists/Snr scientists should expect weekend working, inflexible hours and relatively low pay compared to other companies.
Incredible workplace
Scientific Associate II, Process Development (Former Employee) –  Liverpool18 February 2018
Delighted to have been employed by Allergan following my completion of my MSc. Great staff and workplace, very friendly and will help you with anything you need as long as you're also willing to give back.
Good company with great products
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Field based7 February 2018
I was with the company for 19 years with a part of legacy Forest. Forest, Actavis, Allergan provided excellent solutions for patient needs, I enjoyed working there - and felt like I was part of a family in the early legacy Forest days.
Pros
Fast Paced - great products
Dynamic and challenging
Process Scientist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 December 2017
The site has recently changed to focus more on GMP production and less development work. This results in lots of cross training but can mean being spread too thin across disciplines. Scientists are required to been proficient in all aspects of production, from lab to GMP.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor long term development
Fun place to work
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee) –  UK8 December 2017
Allergan is great, a bit unstable in the last few years because of some companies changes. But overall, it is a good company to work for and develop as they give a lot of opportunities to the employees.
Pros
flexible hours, working from home
Home Worker
Congress and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire7 December 2017
As I worked from home I did not go into the office that much so I cannot talk about the day to day environment in the office. I did learn a lot about myself in that I am very disciplined and can work remotely or as part of a team. There was no hard part as such as all areas can be testing but the most enjoyable part was the travelling and also dealing with all the different people day to day and managing the booths at the congresses.
Pros
Working from home
Aspirational and bold
Clinical Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire24 May 2017
Working at Allergen can be a typical 9 to 5 however its highly dependent on your own career ambitions. I work in an office based role so there isn't much interaction but the workplace culture is very friendly and family orientated.
Pros
Career development
Cons
lack of stability
Great company
Artwork Studio Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Devon8 March 2017
Look after their staff very well, with good benefits, annual pay review and bonus scheme, subsidised canteen, motivators like summer party, free cakes! but also continued support and training, and opportunities elsewhere within the business
Team focused and entrepreneurial
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire30 November 2016
Great company and management. Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Not bogged down in process. Give employees a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
Lifeless place to work.
Administrator - CPA (Former Employee) –  Marlow21 January 2016
At interview I was told it was an office that had banter. It was lifeless. I was micro managed. No one talked not only in my dept but in the open plan office generally. The job required two screens of which only one was available. They had over a month to get my work station in place. Many of the longer serving staff talked about wanting redundancy now Pfizer have taken over. Management did not engage in staff and was often out of office. I lasted two weeks and was so miserable. Sitting at a screen for 7.5 hours a day is unhealthy.
Pros
Pay/ Free piece of fruit./ Free tea & coffee.
Cons
Lack of management support, equipment to do job properly. Sweat shop style working conditions.
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Home based (National Travel)24 August 2015
Excellent culture, good work and life balance. Continuously encouraged to improve and given the training to do so.

Promotions normally come from within the organisation.
Clinical Study Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marlow24 January 2015
Busy interesting work
Plenty of ongoing training and support
Brilliant people to work with
Excellent place to work
Talent Acquisition Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire14 November 2014
Spent 5 years here and loved every minute. The company is keen to develop individuals so there is plenty of scope for career advancement.
Pros
Parking on-site. Subsidised catering. Good Corporate Values
About me....
Facial Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  South West7 July 2014
I am always seriously committed to whatever I put my mind to. I am a highly motivated, confident sales representative with knowledge of the NHS and commercial Facial Aesthetic markets. Two very different market sectors but ones that I have excelled in, which shows I am adaptable to any given opportunity. I am extremely well organised with a strong sales and event management background.

I am now looking for my next opportunity, preferably within the Medical Device sector, however I would consider other options.
Pros
Ability to manage your own time, flexible, good training, excellent products, Qty sales meetings, meal allowance, company car, pension, medical
Cons
Long distance driving, sometimes long working hours
Very little integration with team, long hours
Clinical Study Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlow7 July 2014
Very hectic environment dealing with several country sites and preparing each site and country for initiation.
Department was without manager for over a year, which was a bit of a handicap for team members to know which direction department was moving towards. Very little support provided if issues came up with a study site or with contract negotiations.
There were some helpful and friendly co-workers, but mainly everyone kept to themselves as everyone was very busy trying to manage their workload.
Enjoyable part of job was opportunity to learn how other countries work, i.e., contracts, R&D and Ethics, when setting up studies.
Very fast paced work place. Excellent benefits
PA to Senior Director & Admin (Former Employee) –  Marlow1 July 2014
All round happy, busy cutting edge Pharma with amazing products and driven sales force.
Pros
subsidised lunches. Helpful happy workforce
Cons
Long hours, often week end working to keep ahead of things
very enjoyable workplace lots of friendly work colleges
Warehouse and Distribution Controller (Former Employee) –  Bexley Kent5 April 2014
Overseeing all aspects of warehouse daily work including enforcing all health and safety practices.Supervising warehouse staff in their daily tasks,making sure all deliveries were unloaded in a safe fashion,resposible for cleanliness of warehouse.I attended various work related courses and found them to be interesting and informative.I believe i had a good relationship with both management and warehouse staff.I found reprimanding staff to be difficult but as part of my duties neccessary.Finishing the day knowing you've done the best you can was very rewarding.
Pros
Free Parking, Subsidised canteen, Good pension scheme
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, ENG30 December 2013
very enjoyable place to work, shame I was let go due to low work levels.
Horrible place to work
project lead (Former Employee) –  Marlow, ENG13 December 2013
A typical day is between 9-6 and the managers expect you to work more than normal working hours..........reason behind is US based company....horrible managers......very non-cooperative
Managers will never allow you to speak up......they will promise lots of opportunity and ultimately you will not gain a list opportunity...no growth....no benefits
Pros
you will end up work much longer than normal hours
Cons
horrible managers......very non-cooperative