Allen & Harris Employee Reviews

great management just not for me
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 August 2019
This role has made me very sales motivated, in this job I was able to use my high level of customer service skills. The role involved working to the best ability for the clients; arranging viewings, talking to lawyer and surveyors, Key releases, advising clients ect. The main role was conducting closing dates and processing offers for my clients.
Fun
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Didcot26 June 2019
Team were great. Management needed some attention. Too many working hours. Although salary was not even humane, and hours were far too much to have an outside quality of life, I thoroughly enjoyed the work. The work was interesting and I would do it again under different working conditions.
Pros
Meeting all different types of people and trying to help them as well as the company
Cons
Long hours and terrible pay
Busy and proactive environment
Lettings Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Bristol14 June 2016
During the summer months the workplace is very busy, time management is a key point of my day in order to maintain a good organisational structure. Even when we are really busy I still need to make time to call out my applicants in order to portray the proactive company that we are.
varied tense productive
Senior Sales Negotiator / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harris, SCT12 March 2015
Varied with no two days the same, target driven, customer focused. Mixed team across all ages from trainee to senior level. Hardest part is losing a sale after putting so much effort into it. The best part is being out and about influencing customers and tying the sale up.
Pros
prime town centre location
Cons
long hours including weekends
management
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Didcot, ENG10 February 2015
Running of Dry Course Activities – children and adults
● Selling/Promoting Leisure Memberships
● Maintenance of the building
● General building presentation
● Running of the Sports Bar and functions-advertisement, costings (income/expenditure)
● Reception line manager overseeing 6 members of staff
A great workplace
Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS22 September 2014
I decided to try a new challenge and move to Cardiff, the capital of Wales. I went to work for Allen & Harris Estate Agents, a member of the Sequence group. Sequence (UK) Limited is a national network of estate agents, with over 290 offices around the country. Allen & Harris are an award-winning estate agency who is recognised year after year at the Estate Agency of the Year Awards. As I settled into my role at Allen & Harris and working very closely with my manager, I started working towards the position of Senior Sales Negotiator.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire22 April 2014
• Meeting and greeting clients visiting the offices.
• Generating appointments for viewings, mortgage advisors, valuations.
• Negotiating with potential sellers and also buyers.
• Referring & introducing potential clients to the agencies Mortgage Consultant.
• Liaising by phone, email and letter with solicitors, building societies & surveyors.
• Marketing by phone & letters properties to potential buyers or tenants.
• Projecting a professional image of the agency to the public.
• Appraisal of buildings, advising clients on ways to improve and increase property value.
• Writing up tenancy agreement contracts and creating commercial awareness
• Skills and competencies gained:
• Comprehensive knowledge of property values, law and financing.
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence in clients and buyers.
Lovely small office environment
Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Penarth3 November 2013
My role as a Sales Negotiator was to identify potential buyers and secure viewings, follow up viewings and secure offers, undertake negotiations, give prompt reports and feedback on all progress and successful sales, achieve individual targets, cross sales into Financial Services appointments. Dealing with other professionals including Solicitors, Conveyancers, Surveyors, Banks, Estate Agents, and Financial Advisors. Other duties included administration, copy typing, audio typing, filing, and faxing, emailing and general office duties.
focused & hard working enviroment
Administrator/Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns25 June 2013
As an employee of Allen & Harris I am responsible for all general administrative tasks such as invoicing, taking online payments, including Mortgage related documentation. My role also includes supporting colleagues and managers with all administrative duties, visiting properties to conduct weekly compulsory safety checks, writing itineraries, diary management, marketing of properties, answering incoming calls and writing emails. Due to this I refined my interpersonal, communication and sales
Pros
close knit office
Cons
Commuting