Allen & Harris
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Allen & Harris Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Good initial training course. Due to high staff turn over the ongoing support was not as good as it could have been. No flexibility in working hours, expected to work 6 days a week even when you had no appointments in your diary. You could be sitting all day without an appointment then have 2 in the evening and no flexibility to take time back through the day. There was no work life balance, it would have suited some advisers to work evenings and not Saturdays but this was not acceptable. If you had evening appointments you were expected to work the Saturdays also local management were powerless to make any changes.
Pros
Good training friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low basic long hours no work life balance little ongoing support
A lot of false promises at interview - once I received job staff would openly talk about how the business “fills people’s head” giving false expectations.
Very clear favouritism in offices - new staff treated very different due to offices becoming very clique like, experienced some bullying which caused me to apply for new jobs. Managers quite incapable of running offices meaning other members of staff having to pick up more work but not being paid.

Very unflexible around work/life balance
Staff are very welcoming and friendly very good place to work, clients are friendly too. I really enjoy working for Allen and Harris they are very professional
Senior members of staff are rude and think they’re better than anyone else. There is a bully culture within the company and staff are made to feel uncomfortable, and don’t even contemplate not hitting targets. Poor pay and long work hours, it’s just not worth the stress.
This job came me confidence with working on the phones and face to face with people. Estate agency is a fast pace job and you have to put the effort in to get the rewards.
This role has made me very sales motivated, in this job I was able to use my high level of customer service skills. The role involved working to the best ability for the clients; arranging viewings, talking to lawyer and surveyors, Key releases, advising clients ect. The main role was conducting closing dates and processing offers for my clients.
Team were great. Management needed some attention. Too many working hours. Although salary was not even humane, and hours were far too much to have an outside quality of life, I thoroughly enjoyed the work. The work was interesting and I would do it again under different working conditions.
Pros
Meeting all different types of people and trying to help them as well as the company
Cons
Long hours and terrible pay
During the summer months the workplace is very busy, time management is a key point of my day in order to maintain a good organisational structure. Even when we are really busy I still need to make time to call out my applicants in order to portray the proactive company that we are.
Varied with no two days the same, target driven, customer focused. Mixed team across all ages from trainee to senior level. Hardest part is losing a sale after putting so much effort into it. The best part is being out and about influencing customers and tying the sale up.
Pros
prime town centre location
Cons
long hours including weekends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Allen & Harris?
Running of Dry Course Activities – children and adults
● Selling/Promoting Leisure Memberships

● Maintenance of the building

● General building presentation

● Running of the Sports Bar and functions-advertisement, costings (income/expenditure)

● Reception line manager overseeing 6 members of staff
I decided to try a new challenge and move to Cardiff, the capital of Wales. I went to work for Allen & Harris Estate Agents, a member of the Sequence group. Sequence (UK) Limited is a national network of estate agents, with over 290 offices around the country. Allen & Harris are an award-winning estate agency who is recognised year after year at the Estate Agency of the Year Awards. As I settled into my role at Allen & Harris and working very closely with my manager, I started working towards the position of Senior Sales Negotiator.
• Meeting and greeting clients visiting the offices.
• Generating appointments for viewings, mortgage advisors, valuations.

• Negotiating with potential sellers and also buyers.

• Referring & introducing potential clients to the agencies Mortgage Consultant.

• Liaising by phone, email and letter with solicitors, building societies & surveyors.

• Marketing by phone & letters properties to potential buyers or tenants.

• Projecting a professional image of the agency to the public.

• Appraisal of buildings, advising clients on ways to improve and increase property value.

• Writing up tenancy agreement contracts and creating commercial awareness

• Skills and competencies gained:

• Comprehensive knowledge of property values, law and financing.

• Ability to inspire trust and confidence in clients and buyers.
My role as a Sales Negotiator was to identify potential buyers and secure viewings, follow up viewings and secure offers, undertake negotiations, give prompt reports and feedback on all progress and successful sales, achieve individual targets, cross sales into Financial Services appointments. Dealing with other professionals including Solicitors, Conveyancers, Surveyors, Banks, Estate Agents, and Financial Advisors. Other duties included administration, copy typing, audio typing, filing, and faxing, emailing and general office duties.
As an employee of Allen & Harris I am responsible for all general administrative tasks such as invoicing, taking online payments, including Mortgage related documentation. My role also includes supporting colleagues and managers with all administrative duties, visiting properties to conduct weekly compulsory safety checks, writing itineraries, diary management, marketing of properties, answering incoming calls and writing emails. Due to this I refined my interpersonal, communication and sales
Pros
close knit office
Cons
Commuting