All Instruments Ltd

All Instruments Ltd Employee Reviews

Management Sucks; Customer Care and Support Sucks; Salary Sucks; Building Sucks; Everything's Janky (It Sucks); Selling bodge job Pianos that Suck; It Just sucks. Don't Do it.
Pros
Playing with Instruments, Meeting nice people
Cons
bad Salary, no benefits.
I worked at this company for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed my job! It was suitable for my age and is a very collaborative and welcoming place.
When I started here, I felt pleased that management had confidence in my abilities and that I was joining an expanding company with modern facilities and prospects for development. I felt reassured by working for a family company and felt comfortable with talking to management. They gave me the option to choose my own hours and gave flexibility on working schedules through the use of an online portal. I was also pleased that they were used as an exam centre, so pupils would be able to use the exam room for lessons. BUT... This company is simply interested in money and so, as a consequence, teachers are paid less than half the industry average whilst they make a significant profit. It only accounts for time working there, not any lesson planning/preparation done in advance. There have been a lot of staff leave over recent months or else they prioritise other work, getting others to cover - clearly the pay isn't worth the effort. A lot of the staff haven't been there long at all (a few months), those who have could do better. Teaching staff can opt to make up time in the shop, but there is often little for them to do in that regard, which isn't what they're trained for anyway. Many of the lessons get covered by other teaching staff, so this doesn't give pupils the required continuity which is important in instrumental tuition. Cover staff do not get given any background information, so most of the lesson is spent assessing rather than progressing. Some staff teach instruments which they are not specialist on - I covered a lesson where the pupil's usual teacher did not play - more...
Pros
Paid when a pupil doesn't attend.
Cons
Pay is poor.