All Bar One

All Bar One Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews
Typical weekday would be mostly quiet, gets a little busy during lunch and after work but very manageable. You do tend to get bored around those times. Weekends can be quite stressful especially if you are new, they kind of just drop you in it. Sink or swim mentality. Job is not worth the low pay
Horrible company. Pay is awful and being on a zero hours means you are at the mercy of weather your managers like you or not. They don't back you up if you have a horrible customer & have no care for peoples personal lives.
nice manager.....was surpporting and showed me how the company worked...nice people...well some was....maybe it was me...it felt lonely in a company of a great number of people..who of already know each other in work...oh well.
Don't care about mental wellbeing, classic big company hospitality job. With the right team you can be in a super post and takes a lot of time to get there but is worth it. If you do anything wrong expect to be penalised and negatively talked about by area manager to other general managers. Constantly justifying why you need people working, then justifying why you haven't done something. You are pulled every which way with no help.
People were amazing to work with, I always had a laugh with them. Easy place to work. Enjoyable, you always had something to do. If you had anything that needed help they would help you.
They work you to point of not caring there is a lot a things wrong with this company you don't get help no meetings people just do what they want no structure at all most of the time they wing everything
It is a good place to work, specially if you are studying or you dont have excperience in the field, You have lots of opportuinites to grow up in the company as well, this can help you in the future.
Was an enjoyable work place and staff are friendly and easy to get along with. learned new stuff in the job role which I never thought I would learn which helped me loads
All Bar One was a great place to work. It is a classy wine bar that serves food and cocktails. We are famous for our amazing wine wall displays. The management was also great - some disputes but because of personal opinions.
I learned a lot of things such as safety at work,personal hygiene and food hygiene. There are several nationalities.
We work in teams and in joy and in the peace.
I was making a lot of food which I got good review for customers The most enjoyable thing was making food and feed back from customers working as a group helping people
Good place to learn about drinks and food. You have time enough to learn about the job and they provide with good trainings. Fun place and good quality.
Hi, I start working at that company like kp, in 2 years I been promotin to head chef, after that no personal life , abuse on labour on work min 75 h a week for manager, lost my family , health and money , just wasting of time , pls don’t apply for job at all bar one it’s just abuse. Lose 7 years of my life forking for that company!
Close knit group, hard work can be rewarded.
Part of.m&b so it's a chain. Some friendly staff some horrible staff. If you click with the right groups you'll do fine but outsiders are literally that.
Team is amazing, everyone does their job properly and happily, and everyone gets along really well each other. Management team is also good, try their best to maintain the bar and team great.
All bar one was an okay place to work at. People are nice enough and you get okay tips. Management needs improving. Even after not working there anymore I have friends that complain about it. Not much training given though specially if you are in bar. I was just told to go behind the bar and make drinks with no training.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Management needs improving. No training
All bar one es un restaurante/bar muy concurrido, me mantuvo positivo y ocupado, y motivado.
I thoroughly love working in the all bar one in York as the managerial staff are amazing as are all other staff however I cant say the same for other branches.
the manager was lovely

realxed Environment, cigarette breaks allowed fun team at the beginning

kitchen staff really nice

not professional a lot of talking badly between management and staff
Cons
pay, long hours
it wasnt amazing, and u dont have contact at all with the staff
I have been with Mitchells and Butlers company for few years now, especially in summer times. Worked as a waitress there while studying law, having flexible working hours was a great advantage to it. Team in this workplace is fantastic too.