All Bar One Employee Reviews

Incredibly fun place to work!
Drinks Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Worcester3 April 2019
Although shifts have the potential to be quite long, and finishes can be reasonably late (as expected in any bar job), the working atmosphere at All Bar One is better than any in the bar industry.
There are lots of opportunities to improve your knowledge on food and drink, allowing you to progress into supervisory and even management roles.
If you like meeting new people every single day, making friends, and making cocktails, then a job behind the bar at All Bar One is a the place for you!
Good for hard work, Not much opportunity to progress fast and be at the best of your abilities.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 March 2019
Ok place to work but lacks recognition for the workers and no bonuses. Management profit with many bonuses with hitting profits by cutting staff hours and in many other aspects from others hard work and the rest of the team get nothing but a thanks.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Quantity over quality
Ambiente lavorativo rigido ma stimolante
Barista e addetto di sala (Former Employee) –  Greater London25 February 2019
Il lavoro presso All Bar One è stato per me un' ottima opportunità per confrontarmi con il mondo del lavoro e per imparare oltre a tutte le mansioni dietro il bancone anche il giusto approccio da avere con il cliente
Pros
ottimo manager
Bad Management
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen14 January 2019
Serious changes to local management structure needed. Late nights and early starts may not make this company desirable to work for. Can be there till 3am, and that's after the kitchen closes at around 10pm.
cosy bar in city of London.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2019
dealing with regulars as well as with tourists. it a tiny place and it's the best working place to get training and developing, helps you multitask and manage your time.
Pros
location
Cons
open 7 days a week
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2019
typical high end street bar. lots of regulars as it is a residetial place.
a tough place during peak trading days if understaffed, as the bar is wide and has an outside area.
Pros
closing time 11pm
Cons
open 7 days a week
Fun fun
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greater London8 January 2019
It was such a great experience working for this great company where the team member become in my family for the time I was living in London.
They were so warm and always willing to help
Not a good place to work
Bartender/ Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow14 November 2018
The management don't care about the employees. Employees are worked to exhaustion with no room for a personal life. No flexibility. Managers "friends" would be rewarded whereas hard workers taken advantage of and dumped on.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous shift patterns
good workplace
Waiter and Bar tender (Current Employee) –  Windsor5 November 2018
I have been working in AllBarOne for some time now and i feel like im appreciated for whatever i do.
i have learned how to supervise shifts, how to be an excellent waiter and bartender.
Pros
great workplace
Cons
break not paid
Fun
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 November 2018
I received in house training from the head chef which was fun as I started as a bar tender, everyone was really nice and helpful and let me work when it suited me, the pay wasn't very good.
Productive and engaging.
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Bath29 October 2018
Great staff and Manager ! Working there is really fun and helps you develop your costumer service. The team is always willing to help each other, from the kitchen to the front of house.
Pros
Discount
A bar manager who couldn't run a bar!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth11 October 2018
Why anyone would hire a bar manager that hadn't worked in a bar before was beyond me....so to be a new bartender showing a manager how to run bar was not in my job description....nor was I compensated in anyway for training staff. Its a poor excuse for a restaurant/bar, employing at minimum wage with no-one staying longer than a few months. Proofs in the pudding.
All Bar One
Waitress/ bar staff (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square, Greater London2 October 2018
Supportive team. Fun environment not not busy. Short staffed so heavy work load. Would be better with more staff that are given the training required when starting
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
No free lunches, pay, new staff not given training required
clean strict but fun
Bar and Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester10 September 2018
I worked for the bar and front of house team, the staff on our level were really lovely and there seemed only to be tension between the managers and supervisors.

The 'facebook' culture now expects that we are constantly available to receive information through the bar groups facebook page, where passive-aggressive remarks are rife.

I personally never had a problem with the discount and benefits service through Mitchel and buters, went out for a harvester with a large group and showed my appropriate code, I got 50% meals each shift, and also 33% off when I came out with my family.

The deal with shifts is that they kept changing them all last min, they never gave notice or told me in advance if my shifts had changed, which lead me to eventually leave.

The wage is low however waiting on staff make a few extra cash per shift, and have to give 10% to split between the bar and 5% to kitchen I think?

The clean down and checklist for cleaning the bar was tedious but it shows it is a very clean and high-quality place of work
Pros
discounted food, bar staff made free (soft) drinks
Cons
poorly managed hours
Horizontal progression and poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire29 August 2018
Progression was often horizontal and artificial. Management was poor in terms of staff organization, ordering and dealing with customers.

Colleagues are the only thing that makes the job bearable.
prepare and serve drinks to clients directly or through waiters
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 August 2018
Nice place to work made some good friends.
Got new experience in deliveries of stock and making cocktails.
Practice using real bar stations and industry-standard equipment
Cons
They started to make way to many changes and at the end was not very fun to work there.
fun work place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oxford Street15 August 2018
cool place to work as i get to meet new people day to day from all walks of life. this in including co workers and guests. the company isn't the greatest when it comes to staff benefits which is quite disheartening given the sheer size of the Michelin and butlers franchise. To be perfectly honest staff working conditions in back of house are bad.
Hard work, but paid off
Barmaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Windsor8 August 2018
Hard work, quality is valued in this place. Regular menu training. Plenty benefits, and management was great, always helped and understood individual's situation.
productive,fun
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Mitchell20 June 2018
As soon as your shift starts, the duties are check the handover of the sections, refill all the things which are missing. All Bar One is right place to work if you want to build the relationships with customers, especially tourist.
The hardest part is being under stress and work for plenty of hours in a row.
Long hours for very little benefits.
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 June 2018
The best thing is the colleagues and the culture in the Manchester store was good apart from the usual bar situation on being understaffed in busy periods.

However the Leeds millennium square location there were issues with getting paid correctly and there were no benefits and begrudged giving you a staff meal unless, you had to work 9 hours just to receive 50% off! not good for moral!
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
long shifts and stress for eventual under payment