Alina Homecare

Alina Homecare Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
Rewarding
Carer (Former Employee) –  Horley, Surrey28 February 2019
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
I wouldn’t recommend it
Carer (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 January 2020
Management is an absolute shambles, you have racist, rude and inconsiderate staff (people who work in the office). You are expected to work every shift they give you and if you don’t do it they throw a fit and start giving you such less hours that eventually you have to leave.
Alina Homecare Andover
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire5 September 2019
The registered manager of the Andover branch is incredible, I've never worked for someone so supportive. She fills me with confidence and gives me praise every day.
Really supportive workplace
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire12 June 2019
I have recently joined and work for Alina Homecare at the Salisbury branch. I must say it is better than I thought it would be. I do live in care so I was quite nervous at first but upon arrival my manager came to. Like that me from the station which was very nice and spoke to me about everything. My colleagues are so lovely and the staff are very understanding and supportive, it’s very much like a little family!
The salary is very good and they won’t pile so much responsibility on you where you feel exhausted, instead they have relief carers which they send in to give you a break everyday.
Alina are very respectful and treat you with love and care you sometimes forget they’re your employer but friends instead. I highly recommend working for them if you want a job which you can actually enjoy.
Pros
Staff support, pay, flexible, they treat you with respect
Cons
None at all
Good
Ambassador and Carer (Current Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex28 February 2019
I have worked for Alina Homecare for 3 years now and I have to say they are the better of the care companies I have worked for. The managers are caring and understanding and the clients are lovely. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Good Working Environment.
Cons
Lo ng Hours
Great company to work for.
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley, Surrey14 November 2018
I have not worked here long but moved to progress in my carer, I have worked for a couple of care agencies and this is far the best I have worked for. All care work is located in one area, although is community based very little travelling. Travel time given, breaks given. Excellent management, very knowledgeable. They are very friendly people and have been fantastic. The manager has recently just bought us all a small nurses fob watch only a little thing but very helpful and I love it. Uniform is provided and I love the colour pink it really stands out and I feel very proud to wear it. Overall a fantastic company to work for, thank you Alina homecare Horley.
Pros
Very flexible, all work in one area, good friendly team.
Cons
I really don't have any - genuine company to work for.
Former Employee
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Guildfotd13 November 2018
Worked for the Company a short while. Bad Management, little support, low wages. They seem to have no experience of care and how it's delivered. Treat staff very badly. Would never work for them again
Pros
Cons
Bad working practices
Good people to work for
Carer (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex31 October 2018
I joined them in March and really enjoy my job. Great team and really supportive. We get great comments from our clients which is always good to hear.
banbury branch
Carer (Current Employee) –  Banbury12 July 2018
when I went for my interview, I was really scared, I arrived and was asked if I would like a cup of coffee or tea or a cold drink, this made me feel at ease, The interview was fantastic, really felt like I was talking to a really good friend, all the questions I asked were answered, I felt really good when I left. The next day I received a letter to say I had been successful. I couldn't wait to tell my family, I was so excited, The training was fantastic really felt at ease, I went shadowing with different carers, they made me feel great at what I was doing, nothing was to much trouble, I have been working for the Banbury branch now for 10 months, the best thing I have ever done, the office staff are always on the end of the phone if I have any problems, a great company, great carers and great office staff and great clients, I feel so privileged to be part of this team, I now feel my life is fulfilled. Come join you wont regret it.
Great company
Carer (Current Employee) –  Banbury11 July 2018
I have been with Alina for 8 months now and its been really good. Lots of support and can always contact someone for help.
I would recommend Alina to anyone- clients are well looked after and very happy. Our Branch have just had a cqc inspection and went so well and I was a asked to be part of this.
Management friendly and helpful. No problems good pay.
Pros
Friendly team to work for, happy clients
Amazing Company to work for
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire10 July 2018
I have worked for Alina Homecare Reading for a very long time. I like the fact they go above and beyond for their clients and have a good working relationship with the carer staff. Management are very supportive from the CEO to the Operational Manager. Alina Homecare believe in offering their staff the best support and always giving people the opportunity for promotion. Alina Homecare are fair and very supportive in all areas and I couldn't work for a better company.
Having set rounds and calls close together gives good work life balance as you don't have to sit around in your car. if I want to do more shifts I can and I never feel forced to do any extra. I like that the office team send out messages asking who can help with extra shifts and its down to us to say yes or no and not feel pressured or bad if you cant help.
Pros
Information always given on new clients. No gaps in calls. Calls close together
Alina homwcare - Reading Branch
Carer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire23 March 2018
A professional and reliable company to work for. They provide better training and equipment to other company’s. Flexible and they listen to your needs. I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else
Bad place to work
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Sussex and Guildford13 February 2018
Worked hard. High risk clients, no support to the staff, badly paid. Not honest about clients and conditions. Bad Company to work for, bad payers, bad Management, don't recommend at all.
Pros
Cons
No support long hours bad management no support
Really great
Carer (Current Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex1 December 2017
I have worked in various care companies, and I love working for Alina home care. The people I work with are really lovely, and the management are great and really helpful and understanding. I am totally happy with the job.
Pros
Only have to work the hours that you want
Cons
Some drive time
Awful company
Carer (Former Employee) –  Poole30 November 2017
Another care company I have worked for that havnt got a clue what they are doing.

Awful management who don’t listen or get to you terrible communications and extremely unhappy clients.

High staff turn over everybody leaves,gaps in between calls long distance drives for 15 min calls only being pis for call time ever changing roatas when you get one!!

Over all awful company short stuffed and not very well looked after!!!
Pros
Working with other carers
Cons
Long hours every changing Roats feeling unvalued
Bad company
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire18 October 2017
Poor communication expect you to take on extra calls and lack of appreciation is unbelievable. I left 2 years ago and wouldn't recommend it to work for or to clients to have the carers go in as turn over of staff is too high.
They don't appreciate the good staff they have so they all leave and then when you do leave the management doesn't even know that you handed your notice in.
Pros
Isn't any