Alina Homecare Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
Rewarding
Carer (Former Employee) –  Horley, Surrey28 February 2019
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
Everything is great
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire13 December 2019
A really great, caring team. I really enjoy my work. I wish I had got into care sooner!!
I am really looking forward to doing my NVQ and progressing.
Pros
Caring team
Cons
Shifts can be long
Alina homecare
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 October 2019
Alina are a fast growing care company who go above and beyond to support there clients and staff. There can be long days and some problems along the way but it can't be helped if staff go off sick and clients end up being ill. We all help each other to get the job done. The main part of working at Alina is that the clients are content and cared for.
Worst company ever that I have worked for
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire28 September 2019
I have to say this is the worst company that I have ever worked for told me a load of lies before I started and now I am working there I am finding out all of the lies like paid holidays not true paid sickness not true night shift hourly rate not true do not work for this company
Fantastic opportunity to join a successful team .
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chobham, Surrey23 July 2019
Have worked for alina for a little over a year, and have enjoyed every single day.
Every day is different, fantastic team work, and super star management.
Rota's fit in round my family, and if any situation pops up, my fantastic manager will always try to accommodate me.
Highly highly recommended working for Alina homecare in chobham.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Non
Excellent and supportive company
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire16 July 2019
I am new to the care profession and the training I have received is of an outstanding quality. There is a supportive team in place to make sure every aspect of your role and of theirs is taken care of. Doing the home visit you have constant access to the office even out of office hours. The clients are a amazing. I am so happy to have chosen to start this profession with Alina Homecare.
They are extremely efficient and professional.
Pros
Support and training is outstanding, great rewards and enhancements
Cons
You will work some weekends
Wonderful caring place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey15 July 2019
I have only been with Alina for a few months but have never felt so supported and appreciated in a job in 20 years of working.
Alina care about their staff as much as they do about the people we care for, They realise that without their staff (carers) they would have no business and go above and beyond to support us as much a possible.
I have learnt so much working for Alina already, the training given was in depth and set out over a week and I learnt new things and I had worked for another care company previously.
Alina work hours around what is suitable for you and always try to make changes if something crops up when your meant to be working to cover it.
The team I work with are fantastic and always very helpful.
Anyone looking for a new care company to work for or even looking to start a career in care work I would 100% recommend Alina.
Pros
Good rare of pay, mileage paid, friendly helpful office staff and rotas set around my avaliabilty
Cons
not a good company to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 March 2019
staff turn over is very high and no wonder why. management not supportive whatsoever, staff undervalued, lack of apreciation, always expected to work on your days off, there is no perspective to develop.
Pros
Cons
overworked, staff shortage, unrealistic expectations
Supportive and helpful management
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire26 February 2019
I have worked at Alina Homecare in Hemel Hempstead for the last year. I have worked for other companies, but none of them have been as open and supportive as this office.
the manager cares about us as a person, always at the end of the phone if need, and listens to us if we have an issue.
the workload is alot yes, but these our clients need our help. we can see how hard they all work in the office, even coming out in evenings, early mornings and weekends to help cover the care - even the manager comes out.
the manager also on top of all of this arranges parties for the clients and their families throughout the year which is always such good fun. we all as staff get involved in helping to arrange and to bring the clients to and from home safely.
the clients are all happy and understand the nature of this business
they recive a rota to tell them whose coming and when so they all know too. another added extra the manager ensures is done to go the extra mile.
Pros
free training, free uniform. work to your chosen hours. consistent work and rotas
Cons
other staff letting us all down often changing our rota to ensuer all calls are covered
Love my job. Love Alina!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex3 February 2019
I started working for Alina in August 2018. I had no care experience as had been a self employed childminder for 16 years and felt the time was right for a change in career. Alina staff welcomed me. The initial training was great before I started as it gave a good insight into what I needed to know. The first few weeks were hard as I had so much to learn but all the staff were kind and supportive and were always happy to answer any questions I had, no matter how silly I thought the question might be. 5 months on and I love my job. It feels like this is what I am meant to be doing! I have built great relationships with the clients I love working with my fellow carers. They managers are always ready to listen to any concerns or worries that I may have. They adjusted my availability when requested so that I could address my home/work balance and get it right. I would have no hesitation in recommending Alina homecare as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility on hours friendly staff good rate of pay
Cons
None so far
Great company to work for
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Poole18 January 2019
I've been working for Alina for just almost six months and I'm really pleased with the level of support I've had. I'm new to the care industry, the training was excellent and gave me a good theoretical insight and the practical on the job shadowing was useful and informative. Once I was 'out there' on my own, the support from the office was excellent, someone is always available at the end of the phone to give advice or reassurance. I have been made to feel very welcome and a part of things, invited to staff forum's, meetings and they are genuinely interested in me and what I've got to say. I love working with the clients and now I'm becoming more confident I'm really enjoying it. I would recommend this company as an employer.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The log-in system
Great and friendly team
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex31 October 2018
Great branch to work for really care about their staff. Accommodates my working hours. Full training with full office support. Uniform and great team.
Pros
Lots of perks / reward schemes
Rubbish company!!
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire7 July 2018
Absolutely awful company to work for. Long hours of work without appropriate gaps of breaks in between when shadowing I was forced to call CQC on all managers and supporvisors due to inappropriate circumstances and leadership I have to say I will never go back after only doing my shadowing shifts there I do not feel safe or supported with the management who do not have a clue what they are doing
Pros
Lovely carers
Cons
Management not knowing what to do, insufficient breaks, inadequate training
Hemel hempstead
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 June 2018
Staff unhappy, clients unhappy and management is poor. Totally unsupportive and isn’t a nice environment to work under. Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them! Long hours expected of you and always being asked to cover other people’s shifts. They tell you they are on the end of the phone if you need them but then no one answers so could be out with a client need help and you are stuck on your own. They’ll draw you in with great incentives but once you’re staff for them, the atmosphere is different.the manager and office staff are all rude f hemel manager is rvery rude care plans missing or not upto date put on the road no checks are made to make sure your doing ok just leave you 2 it i would say dont work here change your shifs at 10pm some night for the next day very bad company
Pros
Cons
Nine
Wouldn’t recommend
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire11 December 2017
Terrible Example again of a Care Company
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  London14 October 2017
Another poor example of a Care Company not knowing what they are doing.

Unhappy Staff, with such a high turnover, terrible Communication, no one gets back to you. Or Clients for that matter.

Unsettled Clients with ever changing Roters of Staff and timings of calls.

Long days out, with big gaps given in between calls on Staff Roters, only being paid for your actual call time.

One to avoid unfortunately.
Pros
The Clients
Cons
Long Hours but onky paid for Call time. Unhappy atmosphere to work in.
Supportive and Caring Place to Work!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 May 2017
I have worked for Alina Homecare now since late last year as a Care Worker. The support from the office is brilliant, they are always at the end of the phone if I need any support and always go above and beyond to help the service users.

I love my job and every day I learn something new, I really feel valued and part of a team!
poor communication and undervalued staff
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire31 March 2017
Starting on a 0-hour contract, sometimes you may get lots of work, other times not so much. Usually there's always work as they are understaffed or due to absence or sickness. This puts pressure on us carers to cover a lot of shifts and work long unsociable hours; often making us feel we are not treated very well.
Driving from clients home to home costs time you are not paid for and sometimes not enough time given to get to places.
Management is ok, but communication isn't great as we do not always get notified of changes.

But the best bits are the clients and other carers you get to meet and work with. It is a rewarding job in terms of the satisfaction from helping others.
Pros
Working with other carers
Cons
Feel undervalued