Alina Homecare

Alina Homecare Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
Rewarding
Carer (Former Employee) –  Horley, Surrey28 February 2019
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
I'm new into care work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey30 December 2019
I'm new into care work and I really love it! The office are great and we all work together as a team. I have regular clients who I see everyday, I've built up really great relationships with them
Pros
Great team, lovely clients
Cons
Long shifts and getting stuck in traffic!
Great company to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East20 December 2019
I started working at Alina Homecare only recently.

I came from a care company where I wasn't treated very well, I am so happy in my new job. I finally look forward to going to work each day!

My manager and the office team are really supportive and helpful.
Fantastic company!!! I love my job!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East12 December 2019
I joined Alina Homecare late last year and I love my job. Alina are a fantastic company to work for. I had never done care before so I was quite nervous to start with, I was fully supported in my first few months and still receive that support now. I am able to achieve my best every day and I have regular clients so I have built up great relationships with them.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None :)
Average
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage11 December 2019
Alina is a friendly place to work, good team work put into place, management is ok but can be difficult at times. Overall nice place to work. I learned how to communicate well with staff and work more as a team
Stay clear
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire1 December 2019
The company just care about the £ not giving good care and just employee anyone , i know u get some good careers and some bad but this Company really do not care if their employees are struggling with no staff and going against the law how many on shift and when they have so many complaints from clients family they blame the seniors but the clients know it is not the careers or the senior its the company and how it’s ran the company management
Great company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromsgrove18 October 2019
Great company to work for easy to talk to with any issues hours suited to your availability best pay in area and work in your local area you do work unsociable hours but pay is good
Alina Stevenage
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage7 July 2019
Fantastic place to work yes hard work but what you do is appreciated they are supportive they do carer of the monthly newsletters to keep everyone updated to the team and news.
Their door is always open for everyone to pop in for a chat or simply for support.

They try hard to let everyone know they are appreciated unfortunately not all are receptive to their hard work.
Pros
Good rates pay, carer of the month, Alina Academy and Alina Rewards
Cons
Covering unrelible care workers
Alina homecare devizes.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire26 April 2019
Former employee i have recently left alina in devizes to pursue my dream job .i wouldnt have gone for the job if i hadnt been working for alina devizes i have always wanted to work with young adults with disabilities in their own home and have been lucky enough to find one . When i was working for alina the majority of my shifts were with young adults with ld .i spoke to the management team and was given their full support in my career change i am now more confident in myself which has helped in my new job.i would recommend alina homecare to anyone thinking of joining the community care workforce.
Pros
Hours to suit your lifestyle.
Fantastic place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire4 April 2019
I joined DEVIZES Alina in February from previously working in a residential care home.
I feel this is the best move I have ever made.
The clients are fantastic and it's so rewarding to be able to help them in their own owns, keeping them as independent as possible.
You are required to do a week training prior to starting, the trainer was great and training is very informative and you gain a care certificate on completion. This would be at the Devizes office, I'm my case as I wanted to get working sooner they happily arranged for me to take my training elsewhere providing transport to and from my home as I was happy to travel.
Office staff and management have been extremely supportive, any concerns or queries have been dealt with promptly. They are also very good at giving praise when it's due, which I feel is good management, we've all probably been in a job where you don't feel valued.
I can honestly say I feel valued and respected working here.
Hours are flexible and work around you, with competitive rates of pay,
You state distance willing to travel and they again work around you, there is always plenty of hours available if you want more.
I enjoy this job so much that I've even referred someone who is due to start soon!
They also offer great training opportunities if you wish to progress in your career.
Definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Supportive staff, variety of work, training, flexibility
Sad to have left
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton22 January 2019
I have worked for Alina Brighton for nearly two years. I can no longer work two jobs.

I had a regular rota and got to know my lovely clients well.

They have been very helpful when on odd occasions I have had to change my shifts or times for parents evenings etc.

I also had support in the form of on call if I had any issues over my shift period.

I worked evenings and every other weekend which ment I worked around my children and husband.

I am really sad to leave
Pros
Lovely clients
High Expectations, Low Wage, Over promise and Under Deliver
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 November 2018
Your time at Alina starts with the lengthy induction, pages upon pages of paperwork to fill out in a huge binder. You are not paid for your time to do this and it runs over four days. The trainer at my office was particularly nice (apart from nodding off at the end of each session).

A typical day involves feeling highly stressed and rushed between calls. Very little time is given to travel from one destination to another.

The company boasts a salary of £10 PH and £12PH on weekends, but it is near on impossible to earn this wage as calls never reach an hour. Average call times at the clients home last between 20-35 minutes, some calls you earn as low as £2.16pm as you arrive the client wants you in and out (thus bringing you wages right down).

Even worse is the call logging system is faulty. This wouldn't be so bad if you weren't scored out of 100% each each for log in's and log out's, but you are scored and tracked. It's near on impossible to achieve 100%. Every week I worked at the company I saw my managers name in the red.

You can never feel safe in the fact you will take home an average wage each month, even worse the payment run is an absolute joke, you never can be sure what day it will fall on....making life extremely difficult to pay bills.

Calls start at 7am and end at the latest 10pm. So the days are long and your social life suffers. You are continuously called and text even on your days off making it impossible to switch off from work and rest even for a day.

The type of clients Alina takes on is a broad spectrum, but mainly they seem to take on
  more... very demanding, rude and abusive clients. This includes those who swear at you continuously and bully you through-out your calls. No wonder the staff turn over is so high and many of the carers had expressed their misery to me.  less
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Rude Clients, Low Pay, Unreachable Goals, Unrealistic Expectations
Former employee would never recommend it
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 November 2018
Been a care assistant for a few years and working for alina made me fall out of love with care work. Clients and other carers are amazing, management shocking. After deciding to leave i was finally told how valued i was however this was never shown during my employment. Never once praised or thanked for all the hours i put in (i worked every sunday). They always added extra shifts without asking and just expecting you to be available. They would push how important it was for us to let them know if we were going to be late so they could let the client know however this never happened. Finally since i had left they have tried to squeeze every single penny off me as possible. Saying i owe them £77 pounds for overrunning calls for the past 5 months however this was never brought to attention as soon as it happened so it could be resolved. Also funnily my manager miscalculated the money i owe them with a difference of £148 which doesn’t sound like an easy mistake. Anyway from my experience I wouldn’t recommend working for the Reading Alina branch, the salary looks appealing but its not worth it. Me and quite a few others have left in such a short time period which goes to show somehing.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Everything else
Great company!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire31 October 2018
Alina Homecare in Bromsgrove are great. The office staff are helpful and always go the extra mile for their staff and clients.
The training is really good and I hope to do my NVQ soon.
Pros
Good training, good staff
Fun place to work.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex31 October 2018
Alina management are like no others they are caring, approachable and honest with you! We all work as part of a team. I can honestly say this is the best place I’ve worked.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
None so far
Awful company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire12 October 2018
There is no consistency or even care for clients. Care staff are bullied and taken advantage of by the office staff. Untrained people are giving out medication as and when suits the coordinators. You cannot say anything about the work load piled on my the coordinators because the supervisors defend them. This is not a caring, safe, responsive, effective or well led service and I expect the next CQC inspection to reflect this. You are regularly put in dangerous situations with clients without being given any real information to support the risk
Pros
Some lovely clients
Cons
Coordinators, hours, unclear job discription, constantly being phoned to do more hours
Great place to work great to be part of a good team
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 July 2018
Clients are lovely and all the staff are great we all have great team work and work well as a team. Manager is amazing firm but very very fair and there's always someone on the end of the phone if you need them. You get to pick hours to fit in with you and your life. So your not working long shifts unless thats what you have picked to do Pay is good. I have been with alina since the branch opened in reading in 2017 I love my job in fact I find it so rewarding I don't even see it as going to work and would never do anything els. There is a down side when people go off sick but you get that in any job you do.. if you are thinking of joining why not pick up the phone and call them your never look back.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Lovely team to work with
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire31 May 2018
I worked at Alina for a short while and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
The staff are amazing I've made friends for life and the job is very rewarding.
Pros
Free uniform. pay increase on bank holidays. A chance to help others
Cons
On the road quite a bit
Fantastic Company to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire23 March 2018
I came over to Alina homecare in Reading from another company as it was bought out by Alina.
Alina is a professional company who gave me hours that suit around my young children and home life.
I have my own round of clients and lots of benefits as well as decent pay , managers and office staff has always been on the end of the phone when or if I’ve needed them. My training has been kept up-to-date and also spot checks have been given to make sure staff are working correctly and the clients are happy.
Pros
Fantastic team to work with
Cons
Really helpful office staff very supportive atmosphere
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey24 January 2018
I currently work at Alina I'm treated a lot better here than at previous companies. If you need any help there is always someone around the other staff are friendly and easily appreciated. I'm have a regular round and customers are happy from what I know. Great discounts are available. The only problem as with all care jobs is trying to find a good work/life balance.
Pros
Great colleagues and management
Good Company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East12 November 2017
Great company to work for. Good team spirit and great respect from management. Always listen and make changes where necessary. I have worked for several care companies and this is by far the best. The difference is that they really do care.
Pros
Nice people. Nobody is unapproachable. Top management visit us often and understand
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alina Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Alina Homecare Reviews by Location