Alina Homecare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
Rewarding
Carer (Former Employee) –  Horley, Surrey28 February 2019
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
Excellent company to work for.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire15 April 2019
I have been working for Alina Homecare since December 2018 as member of the office team. Alina took over the care company that I worked for previously.

The company has an excellent support network and puts their staff first over profit. There is a significant investment into training and pay and care staff have given positive feedback. Staff retention is very good which gives the company stability.

Management and the Head Office team are very supportive and understanding and there is a real family feel within the workplace. The CEO has even been to visit on a few occasions which shows leadership from the top.

I have never been so happy at work and this has benefited my home life.
Pros
Culture, training, support and pay
Fantastic place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire4 April 2019
I joined DEVIZES Alina in February from previously working in a residential care home.
I feel this is the best move I have ever made.
The clients are fantastic and it's so rewarding to be able to help them in their own owns, keeping them as independent as possible.
You are required to do a week training prior to starting, the trainer was great and training is very informative and you gain a care certificate on completion. This would be at the Devizes office, I'm my case as I wanted to get working sooner they happily arranged for me to take my training elsewhere providing transport to and from my home as I was happy to travel.
Office staff and management have been extremely supportive, any concerns or queries have been dealt with promptly. They are also very good at giving praise when it's due, which I feel is good management, we've all probably been in a job where you don't feel valued.
I can honestly say I feel valued and respected working here.
Hours are flexible and work around you, with competitive rates of pay,
You state distance willing to travel and they again work around you, there is always plenty of hours available if you want more.
I enjoy this job so much that I've even referred someone who is due to start soon!
They also offer great training opportunities if you wish to progress in your career.
Definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Supportive staff, variety of work, training, flexibility
Terrible
Senior (Former Employee) –  South28 March 2019
An absolute terrible company to work for . Will work you all the hours under the sun and give nothing back in return . Head office are shocking too. No support at all!!! Avoid !!!!
Cons
not a good company to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 March 2019
staff turn over is very high and no wonder why. management not supportive whatsoever, staff undervalued, lack of apreciation, always expected to work on your days off, there is no perspective to develop.
Pros
Cons
overworked, staff shortage, unrealistic expectations
Good
Ambassador and Carer (Current Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex28 February 2019
I have worked for Alina Homecare for 3 years now and I have to say they are the better of the care companies I have worked for. The managers are caring and understanding and the clients are lovely. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Good Working Environment.
Cons
Lo ng Hours
Excellent team to work in
Management (Current Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex28 February 2019
Excellent team to work with, staff recognition and promotions, challenging as care is a challenge and rewarding, good pay comparing with other care providers
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Lovely place to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Emsworth, West Sussex28 February 2019
Alina homecare is a lovely place to work for with a supporting management team who work hard to accommodate to your availability. It’s like a family, a real friendly , approachable team who I enjoy working for. Full training provided and support for further training is given and encouraged , for example NVQ’s. Always happy to help staff and clients.
Pros
Training, Staff discounts, approachable
Cons
None.
Excellent place of work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  South England27 February 2019
Alina Homecare is a fantastic place to work, all the staff are generally welcoming and nice to work with. I have found everyone to be enthusiastic about delivering the highest quality of care.
Pros
Great atmosphere, quality driven company who only thinks of the customer
Supportive and helpful management
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire26 February 2019
I have worked at Alina Homecare in Hemel Hempstead for the last year. I have worked for other companies, but none of them have been as open and supportive as this office.
the manager cares about us as a person, always at the end of the phone if need, and listens to us if we have an issue.
the workload is alot yes, but these our clients need our help. we can see how hard they all work in the office, even coming out in evenings, early mornings and weekends to help cover the care - even the manager comes out.
the manager also on top of all of this arranges parties for the clients and their families throughout the year which is always such good fun. we all as staff get involved in helping to arrange and to bring the clients to and from home safely.
the clients are all happy and understand the nature of this business
they recive a rota to tell them whose coming and when so they all know too. another added extra the manager ensures is done to go the extra mile.
Pros
free training, free uniform. work to your chosen hours. consistent work and rotas
Cons
other staff letting us all down often changing our rota to ensuer all calls are covered
Love my job. Love Alina!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex3 February 2019
I started working for Alina in August 2018. I had no care experience as had been a self employed childminder for 16 years and felt the time was right for a change in career. Alina staff welcomed me. The initial training was great before I started as it gave a good insight into what I needed to know. The first few weeks were hard as I had so much to learn but all the staff were kind and supportive and were always happy to answer any questions I had, no matter how silly I thought the question might be. 5 months on and I love my job. It feels like this is what I am meant to be doing! I have built great relationships with the clients I love working with my fellow carers. They managers are always ready to listen to any concerns or worries that I may have. They adjusted my availability when requested so that I could address my home/work balance and get it right. I would have no hesitation in recommending Alina homecare as an employee.
Pros
Flexibility on hours friendly staff good rate of pay
Cons
None so far
Sad to have left
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton22 January 2019
I have worked for Alina Brighton for nearly two years. I can no longer work two jobs.

I had a regular rota and got to know my lovely clients well.

They have been very helpful when on odd occasions I have had to change my shifts or times for parents evenings etc.

I also had support in the form of on call if I had any issues over my shift period.

I worked evenings and every other weekend which ment I worked around my children and husband.

I am really sad to leave
Pros
Lovely clients
Great company to work for
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Poole18 January 2019
I've been working for Alina for just almost six months and I'm really pleased with the level of support I've had. I'm new to the care industry, the training was excellent and gave me a good theoretical insight and the practical on the job shadowing was useful and informative. Once I was 'out there' on my own, the support from the office was excellent, someone is always available at the end of the phone to give advice or reassurance. I have been made to feel very welcome and a part of things, invited to staff forum's, meetings and they are genuinely interested in me and what I've got to say. I love working with the clients and now I'm becoming more confident I'm really enjoying it. I would recommend this company as an employer.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The log-in system
High Expectations, Low Wage, Over promise and Under Deliver
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 November 2018
Your time at Alina starts with the lengthy induction, pages upon pages of paperwork to fill out in a huge binder. You are not paid for your time to do this and it runs over four days. The trainer at my office was particularly nice (apart from nodding off at the end of each session).

A typical day involves feeling highly stressed and rushed between calls. Very little time is given to travel from one destination to another.

The company boasts a salary of £10 PH and £12PH on weekends, but it is near on impossible to earn this wage as calls never reach an hour. Average call times at the clients home last between 20-35 minutes, some calls you earn as low as £2.16pm as you arrive the client wants you in and out (thus bringing you wages right down).

Even worse is the call logging system is faulty. This wouldn't be so bad if you weren't scored out of 100% each each for log in's and log out's, but you are scored and tracked. It's near on impossible to achieve 100%. Every week I worked at the company I saw my managers name in the red.

You can never feel safe in the fact you will take home an average wage each month, even worse the payment run is an absolute joke, you never can be sure what day it will fall on....making life extremely difficult to pay bills.

Calls start at 7am and end at the latest 10pm. So the days are long and your social life suffers. You are continuously called and text even on your days off making it impossible to switch off from work and rest even for a day.

The type of clients Alina takes on is a broad spectrum, but mainly they seem to take on
  more... very demanding, rude and abusive clients. This includes those who swear at you continuously and bully you through-out your calls. No wonder the staff turn over is so high and many of the carers had expressed their misery to me.  less
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Rude Clients, Low Pay, Unreachable Goals, Unrealistic Expectations
Former employee would never recommend it
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 November 2018
Been a care assistant for a few years and working for alina made me fall out of love with care work. Clients and other carers are amazing, management shocking. After deciding to leave i was finally told how valued i was however this was never shown during my employment. Never once praised or thanked for all the hours i put in (i worked every sunday). They always added extra shifts without asking and just expecting you to be available. They would push how important it was for us to let them know if we were going to be late so they could let the client know however this never happened. Finally since i had left they have tried to squeeze every single penny off me as possible. Saying i owe them £77 pounds for overrunning calls for the past 5 months however this was never brought to attention as soon as it happened so it could be resolved. Also funnily my manager miscalculated the money i owe them with a difference of £148 which doesn’t sound like an easy mistake. Anyway from my experience I wouldn’t recommend working for the Reading Alina branch, the salary looks appealing but its not worth it. Me and quite a few others have left in such a short time period which goes to show somehing.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for.
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley, Surrey14 November 2018
I have not worked here long but moved to progress in my carer, I have worked for a couple of care agencies and this is far the best I have worked for. All care work is located in one area, although is community based very little travelling. Travel time given, breaks given. Excellent management, very knowledgeable. They are very friendly people and have been fantastic. The manager has recently just bought us all a small nurses fob watch only a little thing but very helpful and I love it. Uniform is provided and I love the colour pink it really stands out and I feel very proud to wear it. Overall a fantastic company to work for, thank you Alina homecare Horley.
Pros
Very flexible, all work in one area, good friendly team.
Cons
I really don't have any - genuine company to work for.
A company with a truly fantastic ethos
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey Heath, Surrey13 November 2018
Alina homecare is the homecare agency with a difference, the company really values all its staff, starting with the front line care staff. Without the fantastic care staff in place the office staff would not be able to do their own roles as well as they do.
Pros
Dedication to employing the right people for the right roles
Former Employee
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Guildfotd13 November 2018
Worked for the Company a short while. Bad Management, little support, low wages. They seem to have no experience of care and how it's delivered. Treat staff very badly. Would never work for them again
Pros
Cons
Bad working practices
Caring,supportive and they listen to what you say
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emsworth11 November 2018
I have worked for Alina for a year now and I have felt very supported in that time. The staff and clients are lovely, if we are unsure there is always a member of staff on hand to help. The office staff are approachable and friendly and willing to help. A great company to work for and a real chance to progress!
Pros
Lovely staff and clients. An open door policy
Great and friendly team
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex31 October 2018
Great branch to work for really care about their staff. Accommodates my working hours. Full training with full office support. Uniform and great team.
Pros
Lots of perks / reward schemes
Good people to work for
Carer (Current Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex31 October 2018
I joined them in March and really enjoy my job. Great team and really supportive. We get great comments from our clients which is always good to hear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alina Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.