Alina Homecare

Alina Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom128 reviews
Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
alina homecare have a very positive and supportive attitude towards staff and clients they have helped mee progress in the time that I have been with them they always have opportunities to further training
Pros
supportive
For a career path in the care industry, Alina is a very good company to go with. All my colleagues and management are very friendly, happy to help with any questions or training, and are very approachable. The job is well described and well trained for. I am very happy to start here and the access I have to progress further.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly Team
Cons
0hr contract
Office staff lovely & friendly.. Always willing to accomodate flexible hours. Love working and supporting the clients, lovely to be enable them to do things that they struggle with

Would definatley recommend the company!!
The management at this job enable me to have a good work/life balance and help support more with different shifts. I like knowing that support is available 24/7 if there is ever a problem, which there seldom is. I love working with clients and helping people with their everyday a life. This job has given me opportunities to take on extra specialist training to help further myself in my career.
Pros
Good communication, Supportive management
Cons
n/a
I have been working for Alina Homecare for over a year now. As a team everyone is so supportive and I am really happy in my role.

I have worked in care for 10+ years and Alina are so different to other care companies.
Pros
good pay, work life balance, helpful team
Cons
n/a
I learned customer service skills
I always felt pressured to do more shifts when they kept asking and i did them but the pay was always the same as the month before although i worked twice as hard.
Pros
long hours break
Cons
long hours little pay
I am new to care work as I was made redundant as a result of Covid19. Part of me wishes I had done this years ago! I love supporting my clients as they are always so grateful for my time. My days vary from helping someone with breakfast, medication and personal care to helping someone catch up on their house work, washing and shopping. Every day is so different.
The hours can be tiring but the office are flexible and accommodate the hours I can do around my children.

I'd recommend Alina to anyone!!!
Pros
lovely clients, rewarding, different everyday
Cons
tiring, long hours
I have been working at Alina for just a couple of months and it is a lovely place to work. My colleagues support me, offering advice and help when I need it.
Although you are working alone you don't ever feel on your own because there is always someone at the end of the phone to help!

I was new to care except helping a neighbour and family so I was quite anxious at first, but the training is really thorough and has given me lots of knowledge which will help me in my job.
Pros
supportive team
This is not a good company as they don't deal with serious issues as they feel they might get sued! This leads to dodgy staff lone working, good staff getting demoralised and the safety of clients being compromised. Communication with the office is worse than poor, even though it's an open planned space, they don't pass on messages. Feel really frustrated as noone takes anything seriously!
Pros
Love working with the clients
Cons
Management, lack of trust and poor communication
Amazing company, so flexible around your lifestyle regarding working hours etc. Always on the go seeing different service users and getting to know them and their routine. Management are always on hand to answer and questions or queries no matter what and everyone is really friendly so easy to get on with
Overall Alina is a good company to work for. The management are always there to guide and advise you. And are very flexible around childcare arrangements.

The most rewarding part is helping the service users.

I came into this job with no care experience and have worked alongside some amazing careers who have taught me so many things.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Personally, I enjoy working for this company. Management is understanding and do their best for staff. Most of the clients are also really lovely to work with.
Pros
Family-friendly, good training, good hours, plenty of work
Cons
Mileage pay
Great company to work for with great managers who always support and look after you. They are very flexible and always give you hours that suit you. Being a carer is a very rewarding job
I joined Alina Homecare in November 2019, previously coming from being the care worker side of things for 7 years to going into a job role on the other side. I now see how hard it really is for the Managers and co Ordinator's to make sure everything is smooth running.
I absolutely love my job, although missing the interaction with the clients, I enjoy being in a much more faster pace role, always having work to do and making sure the clients receive the best care possible.

Alina Homecare really do make you feel supported in every way, and always try to accommodate your needs whenever possible.

I have a great team at our branch, and hope to continue this and continue working for them for a long time.

Alina also give you lots of opportunities to improve and move up the chain.
Pros
Pay, lots of extra training available
Cons
Long hours, stressful
The management and staff at alina Homecare are lovely to work with and very friendly, always happy to help.
Communication with the staff is fantastic all staff in the office always make you feel welcome and very supportive.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, hardworking
You feel part of the team. Management very approachable. Other members of staff friendly and helpful. Always listened to - never hurried/ dismissed. This company strictly adheres to rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Best company I've worked for in this profession.
I always wanted to get into care but I thought it wouldn't work around family life - I was so wrong. I do a mixture of mornings and evenings to work around my husband and our children.
I am loving the job so much - every day is so rewarding. It can be stressful and difficult at times but that's like all jobs.

The team are great.
Pros
flexible working, rewarding, good pay
Cons
sometimes stressful!
Every day is different as you never know what you might be dealing with on said day. We are currently working through the pandemic of Covid19 which can be challenging but we are well supported and provided with relevant PPE to carry out care safely for clients and staff. There is opportunity of career progression within Alina Homecare who are great advocates for promoting within.
Pros
Alina Rewards Scheme/Carer of the month
Cons
can be fast paced as dealing with people with various needs
I have worked at Alina bromsgrove branch for over a year now and It has been great.. So rewarding as a job.. Management are great always helpful.. Had no issues.. Great company to work for.. Recommended it to anyone thinking about working in care
I am so glad I made the choice to have a change in career and join the care sector. To say I love my job is an understatement, it's so rewarding every day. Not only that,
I get to set my availability which is brilliant to be able to work around my children. The management team at my branch are great too, I get listened to and worked with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alina Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.