Alertacall Ltd

Alertacall Ltd Employee Reviews

Alertacall is such an amazing place to work - from the initial training to continuous development you can really tell that they care - they even have a Professional Life Coach available to all staff members, offering totally confidential coaching in performance, development and life in general. The work is so varied and for certain roles includes travel all over the country meeting customers and clients. The exposure to lots of different business areas has been really eye opening and great experience. One of the best bits is that you know that the work you're doing goes such a long way to improving the lives of thousands of people all over the country.
Pros
Autonomy & trust given from managers, training & development
I was made to feel welcome, from the very first stages of my interview right the way through to the offer of employment and this has continued. Flexible working hours around my family with excellent opportunity’s for extra shifts. Training is thorough and the support network from all team members and management has been invaluable, I look forward to going to work now and for the first time feel part of a team.
A great job for someone who likes people and has a caring nature. Helping people who are older, vulnerable or disabled to stay independent is a very worthwhile job. Every day brings different challenges. Some days we laugh, some days we cry but we all support each other and know we are doing a very rewarding and necessary job. Can be stressful, upsetting and challenging. Some days are hard. We deal with a lot of clients with varying forms of dementia, alcoholism and mental health conditions.
Pros
Interesting, good training, lovely clientele, great bosses, room to progress through the ranks should you desire, there is all the overtime you want but never any pressure to accept extra shifts, Management are caring, approachable and human, Door open policy rather than send an email which works for me
Cons
Lots of responsibility but the pay is not good, sometimes can be a stressful job
Alertacall's fast-paced work environment shouldn't cover up the caring and supportive culture that drives the business. The company is quickly growing but management is flexible with scheduling shifts and putting self-care and family first with employees. The nature of the Contact Centre job is difficult but rewarding, and I learned a lot about the housing and care industries. There is a lot of teamwork that goes on in the Contact Centre, and management is very supportive of new ideas and highlighting staff members' specific talents and skills to make the business better. Lots of room for growth and a truly meaningful and fulfilling job.
From the get go I knew these weren’t my type of people.The interview is like the krypton factor in which the tell you what a great family they all are. I think they try to be quirky which I originally thought was cute but it’s very weird. The supervisors are super false & have only got where they are from major brown nosing. The work itself is dull but I enjoyed my small part in helping clients live independently but the office staff treated me like an outsider & I did not stay long
Almost like call office work bit based around sensitive information. The management are good and put lots of things in place to try and keep staff motivated and happy in work. Still expanding as a new company so still has lots to learn as a company.
Such a caring and supportive environment with opportunities for development and to get involved in other areas of business if you wish to. Meaningful and sometimes challenging work that truly makes a difference. Absolutely loved working here and can't recommend it highly enough - especially if you have had bad experiences in the past, as they helped rebuild my confidence and restore my faith in my abilities. The skills and experience I gained allowed me to progress in my career and I will forever be grateful to have found Alertacall.
Pros
Meaningful work, supportive environment, easily accessible by public transport, parking £1 all day, flexible shifts
Cons
Lacking in some of the usual corporate structures
Enjoyed every minute of the working day. Great environment to work in with vast amount of support if required. The team go above and beyond to assist the clients in their everyday lives.
Like a lot of the public will probably view Alertacall, this business leads one to be intrigued - like myself at the time. The idea of a 'living wage', working within a small team and what would be seen as nice management. But, there are bad points about this business. For example, the location. Alertacall is situated within Windermere, a small village with barely any free parking available. This was raised within the interview and I was told free parking isn't too hard to find, and that was generally the case... According to this business they need to be 'time sensitive' - Can't really see why but anyway, this caused irritating problems with parking as there would sometimes be nowhere within easy reach to park at, meaning you have to compensate more time before your shift to guarantee a parking space. This business is inflexible, put frankly. There is no exceptions for being late, which I can usually understand, but, from a small business that gives off the persona of being like a 'family', it doesn't fit. I was a new employee of less than two weeks at the time, struggling to find a parking space yet again before work. I arrived on time for my shift, but was advised to move the car. This in effect, made me 20 minutes late for my shift. Because of this, I was dismissed. Previously that week I had apparently been told I needed to be in earlier in order to start my shift - which was overstated when it came to dismissal, with it apparently being a formal 'telling off' - when in reality I was told within the kitchen briefly: "Try not to be late next time". - Also, - more...
Pros
Good living wage, although nothing to shout about.
Cons
Exclusive atmosphere, irritating policies and loud personalities.
  1. Employee reviews