Aldwyck Housing Group Employee Reviews

Great work life balance, fun/friendly teams, making a difference
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire18 January 2019
Fantastic place to work!

I have worked for a few big corporate companies and I can honestly say that Aldwyck is bar far the best company I have worked for and they have an excellent understanding of work life balance and employee well-being.

My team are fantastic hardworking people that are also fun and friendly and the work we do really makes a difference and provides me with a sense of pride and achievement at the end of the day.

I would really recommend Aldwyck to anyone looking for a new role no matter what the role.
Pros
Excellent hours, Great work life balance, free parking, good pension
Cons
No air-con
Poor
Floating support worker (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire23 December 2018
Become a manager by default (staff turn over )
Manager and senior support workers lack of knowledge in safeguarding is dangerous to the people they are supposed to be supporting in the supported housing and out reach

Worked there 3 weeks for agency was begging to be relocated second week due to poor practice and no client confidentiality
Very bad organisation
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire20 November 2018
Not a very good organisation to work for, very bad management and too much gossiping. Cannot share anything with managers in confidence and the whole organisation is a complete mess.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No flexibility
Enjoyable place to work and glad to be part of a hardworking team
Service Charge Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houghton Regis21 September 2018
I have learned to multitask and be a good team player, working under very tight deadlines and proud to be part for the team for timely delivery of SC.
A lot of buck passing...
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Houghton Regis26 February 2018
Not a bad place to work, the only main problem was managers and supervisors always seem to pass the buck and it would take ages to get anything done, otherwise most of the staff are friendly.
Pros
Always paid on time, lots of training courses
Cons
Waiting on other people of that I could get my work done
Hard work for meagre salary
Senior Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 August 2017
Aldwyck have very high professional standards, and expect all employees to adhere to and uphold their high standards, however, there is no recognition for hard work, very little career progression and terrible pay for the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on. The do provide lots of good quality training.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor salary
Aldwyck Housing
2nd Line support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire17 July 2017
Aldwyck Housing Group is Great place to work who put their employees first and have a great relationship with residents and partners alike. This is one of the nicest places I've worked for.
Fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire22 May 2017
Staff are thoughtful and a pleasure to work for only problem was this was a placement through a recruitment agency, I did enjoy my time there but did not feel I learnt anything if anything trying to occupy the majority of the time I was there was very hard, the work was boring but I do not blame the staff for that I personally don't think I was needed there other members of staff could have completed the same tasks.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Easily bored
Busy friendley work place
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire29 March 2017
Aldwyck is a lovely place to work.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and the managers are very employee focused.

They offer very good flexibility within their roles and love to promote within.
Pros
free parking
Professional and efficient
Senior Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire23 January 2017
Aldwyck H.A is a very well organised and professional organisation. they provide excellent staff training, the only down side with working for them is their salaries are very poor, and are disproportionate to the amount of work and responsibilities you are expected to carry out.
Pros
Good training
Cons
very poor pay for the amount of work/responsibility
Rewarding
Project worker (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire18 January 2017
very professional place of work, potential to be very rewarding and a great place to lean new skills and patience. great team and supportive management. enjoyable place of work.
Pros
supportive
Cons
weekend shifts
Truly a wonderful company to work for
Young Persons Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 November 2016
I have worked for multi millionaires and big organisations before, but none of them come close to the professionalism of Aldwyck Housing Group. I am supported and equipped to do my role and have even recently been promoted because I was able to breath, move and grow within my role. I have worked under some good managers and currently working under a great manager.
Senior Project worker (Current Employee) –  Berkhamsted14 October 2016
I joined Aldwyck YPS for this role in January 16 as I wanted to help vulnerable young people become

confident and engaged in adult life and all that it entails. I have not been disappointed and I have

been given a very real and active part to play in making this happen. It is wonderful when we are

able to nominate young people to move onto independent housing and start their lives as adults.

The young people can be very challenging and not every single person moves on from us in the way

we would like but many are and it makes the job so worthwhile.

I would also like to commend Aldwyck YPS commitment to promoting staff through the ranks. Many

staff have gone from being project workers to Seniors right up to managers.
Educational workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire21 September 2016
Learn a lot of things from other peoples backgrounds and very enjoyable and fun place to work.Management group and structure are very sharp and quick to react, if there is a problem.
Pros
Very social area/place which brings the best out of you
Cons
Pressure can build up for some people
fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houghton Regis10 August 2016
Within my role i have answered an average of 80 calls per day addressing customer enquiries, solving problems and providing information when needed. I feel i effectively communicate with the sales, repairs, housing and administration teams on a daily basis. Ensured Superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot. I’ve managed a wide variety of customer service tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently. Directed calls to the appropriate individuals and departments. I have set up direct debits and assisted in making payment plans.
Youths and Enjoyment
Relief Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Hitchin19 June 2016
Typical day at work starts at 8pm and it involves attending to the needs of young people in the hostel

I learned how to work with young people in a residential setting.

The management is very good and supportive

My coworkers are equally fantastic and very supportive too.

The hardest part is controlling and managing aggrieved young people when angers bust out as it often does ocassionally

The most enjoyable part is interacting with young people and being able to meet their needs
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houghton Regis23 August 2015
Great positive and supportive place to work. Wish I hadn't had to leave as the pay was quite low.

You got support from the managers and there were opportunities to progress.

It was a really nice place to work with nice offices also.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low salary
Change
Maintenance Inspector (Current Employee) –  luton29 December 2014
I work for Aldwyck but I am managed by a contractor this concerns me for my future.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
no advancement
Productive and friendly place to work.
Housing Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Luton19 November 2013
The job was quite challenging when i started but with my hardwork and full concentration, i was able to hit the ground running. Aiso the staff were all very friendly and helpfull. I really enjoyed my time there and was always looking forward to going to work.
Rewarding & enjoyable proffession and work placement
Youth Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG26 October 2013
A typical day:
Dealing with immediate issues that have arisen between shifts, then
writing up the actions taken, on the 'current relevant paperwork'.
Reading paperwork from previous colleague' shift paperwork, to establish what has occurred/actions taken - to follow through on. Doing the relevant statutory tasks and additional requests from management whilst dealing with any current/present matters arising with the young service users.
Planning and implementing processes that need to be carried out during the current shift and on the next shift.

What learnt:
Things learnt vary from shift to shift.
In-house compulsory training is also expected on fairly regular intervals.

Management:
Management have their own work requests that have to be undertaken by all staff.

Colleagues:
As there are insufficient staff available, colleagues are stretched to cover the workload, but endeavor to do so.

Hard part of job:
The continual paperwork that is required to maintain the everyday running of the work, with the added workload of the interaction required by the service user.

Enjoyable part of job:
The interaction with the young service user.
Pros
Satisfaction of seeing young service users excel & achieve
Cons
Long hours and paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldwyck Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Aldwyck Housing Group Reviews by Location