Aldwyck Housing Group

Aldwyck Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the majority of people that I met at Aldwyck, those who were there to truly make a difference in people's lives. The culture of the organisation was quite behind the times and not particularly progressive.
great place to work and get to meet all different types / cultures as well as experience different situations but just didn't fit my life style. I leaned how to think on the spot so that all the kids were all include.
Great company they really bent over backwards to make their staff feel appreciated. It was a shame to leave and I miss the team.
The scheme I worked in was fast paced and vibrant and they appreciated the work that we put in. They even had an employee of the month called star of the month which was good fun.
The work hours are great, people are very friendly however do not work for the Service Charges team, it is a total mess. The team is not very well structured.
It was not a bad place but need a lot of improvement. Colleagues are nice and helpful. It's the management that need to work more reasonably. Office building and car park are nice
If you are looking for a career in an organisation that is willing to support you and promote you- this is the company for you. Very professional in all the work they do and very friendly organisation to work for.

The managers are top notch, supportive, relational and inspiring.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Training at Head Office- sometimes heavy traffic in the mornings
Fantastic place to work!

I have worked for a few big corporate companies and I can honestly say that Aldwyck is bar far the best company I have worked for and they have an excellent understanding of work life balance and employee well-being.

My team are fantastic hardworking people that are also fun and friendly and the work we do really makes a difference and provides me with a sense of pride and achievement at the end of the day.

I would really recommend Aldwyck to anyone looking for a new role no matter what the role.
Pros
Excellent hours, Great work life balance, free parking, good pension
Cons
No air-con
Become a manager by default (staff turn over )
Manager and senior support workers lack of knowledge in safeguarding is dangerous to the people they are supposed to be supporting in the supported housing and out reach

Worked there 3 weeks for agency was begging to be relocated second week due to poor practice and no client confidentiality
Not a very good organisation to work for, very bad management and too much gossiping. Cannot share anything with managers in confidence and the whole organisation is a complete mess.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No flexibility
I have learned to multitask and be a good team player, working under very tight deadlines and proud to be part for the team for timely delivery of SC.
Supportive, determined, passionate, accurate, responsive, people centered, these are just a few of the words i would use to describe this organisation.
Housing management team are first class, they support and develop their teams throughout and from the short time i have been part of this organisation - i can see how people have remained working here for many years despite the challenges that social housing provision presents.

I would recommend this business to anyone looking to enter the field of social housing or to established experienced applicants.

Hardest part of the job - without giving away my role, it will always be managing customer expectations and meeting deadlines for work, thats part and parcel of life in this field.

Most Enjoyable - the teamwork ethos that runs through the organisation, issues are shared and work is multi agency supported.

Workplace Culture - great location, head office is a positive vibe, people are looked after here.
Pros
Location, free parking, staff training
Not a bad place to work, the only main problem was managers and supervisors always seem to pass the buck and it would take ages to get anything done, otherwise most of the staff are friendly.
Pros
Always paid on time, lots of training courses
Cons
Waiting on other people of that I could get my work done
Aldwyck have very high professional standards, and expect all employees to adhere to and uphold their high standards, however, there is no recognition for hard work, very little career progression and terrible pay for the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on. The do provide lots of good quality training.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor salary
Aldwyck Housing Group is Great place to work who put their employees first and have a great relationship with residents and partners alike. This is one of the nicest places I've worked for.
Staff are thoughtful and a pleasure to work for only problem was this was a placement through a recruitment agency, I did enjoy my time there but did not feel I learnt anything if anything trying to occupy the majority of the time I was there was very hard, the work was boring but I do not blame the staff for that I personally don't think I was needed there other members of staff could have completed the same tasks.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Easily bored
Aldwyck is a lovely place to work.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and the managers are very employee focused.

They offer very good flexibility within their roles and love to promote within.
Pros
free parking
Aldwyck H.A is a very well organised and professional organisation. they provide excellent staff training, the only down side with working for them is their salaries are very poor, and are disproportionate to the amount of work and responsibilities you are expected to carry out.
Pros
Good training
Cons
very poor pay for the amount of work/responsibility
very professional place of work, potential to be very rewarding and a great place to lean new skills and patience. great team and supportive management. enjoyable place of work.
Pros
supportive
Cons
weekend shifts
I have worked for multi millionaires and big organisations before, but none of them come close to the professionalism of Aldwyck Housing Group. I am supported and equipped to do my role and have even recently been promoted because I was able to breath, move and grow within my role. I have worked under some good managers and currently working under a great manager.
I joined Aldwyck YPS for this role in January 16 as I wanted to help vulnerable young people become

confident and engaged in adult life and all that it entails. I have not been disappointed and I have

been given a very real and active part to play in making this happen. It is wonderful when we are

able to nominate young people to move onto independent housing and start their lives as adults.

The young people can be very challenging and not every single person moves on from us in the way

we would like but many are and it makes the job so worthwhile.

I would also like to commend Aldwyck YPS commitment to promoting staff through the ranks. Many

staff have gone from being project workers to Seniors right up to managers.
Learn a lot of things from other peoples backgrounds and very enjoyable and fun place to work.Management group and structure are very sharp and quick to react, if there is a problem.
Pros
Very social area/place which brings the best out of you
Cons
Pressure can build up for some people