ALDI Employee Reviews

Great opportunities
Aldi Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 January 2018
Fun place to work as a team player always working alongside colleagues and management. Great benefits offered by Aldi and great opportunities to progress a career within this big company.
Daily routines date checks and stocking shelves also scanning items at checkout being flexible.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No discounts
Was very fun to work for, also gained alot of necessary skills
Store Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade28 January 2018
At Aldi i really enjoyed the work environment, i got along with all my colleagues and even made friends their, the work was easy to understand but hard to do takes a certain type of person to work here, I enjoyed it thoroughly sadly circumstances changed and I could no longer work their but given the opportunity I would go back in a flash
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Weird Hours
OK place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 January 2018
Great wage, friendly place. Fast paced and always something to do. Good company to work in general for but 10 hour shifts with only half an hour breaks is extreme.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, no discount
Very regimented. Everything is timed and monitored.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness28 January 2018
You're expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift unpaid. Breaks are hard to come by, if at all.
The moral is quite high as everyone is pulling in one direction for one common goal (to get home)
Very high standards expected.
Day flys in, as you're so busy.
Hourly rate is good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Kept behind until job is satisfactory and lack of break time
Hard
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire26 January 2018
Hard, fast paced environment and time bound goals which are not always achievable due to work load, till work expected to scan 1000 to 1100 items per hour with no focus on helping customers.
Pros
Good management training
Cons
Very stressful
Aldi staff members
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex25 January 2018
This company is good because they communicate help people to find there product organisation tell them why we work here and what we do as a team and have a discussion about new deals and discounts and half priced things that come in stock and talk bout there saftey if there a fire everyone leave the building make sure no ones in dangerd or hurt
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunstall24 January 2018
I started Aldi during university doing around 15 hours a week, I was able to bag myself more hours, however when I went back to university it felt like the management team didn't seem to remember what contract i was on in the first place and would not put my hours back to 15.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Wasn't very flexible with Students
Good job
Aldi Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haddington, East Lothian24 January 2018
Brilliant job sadly my dads ill health made my career come to an end the staff I worked with were very present and I met some new frwinds, the only bad thing is long hours !
Pros
Good colleagues
Good hours/life balance
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside23 January 2018
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace, the managers always help out on the shop floor. i saw quite a few other members of staff get promoted when they tried to.
good company to b with
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  uk23 January 2018
good company to be with, typical days working stock all day.
great management.
fast paced environment
hardest part is getting a good work life balance because of the wide variation on shift patterns.
best part is a great team to work with and the customer interaction
Pros
good wage, customer interaction
Cons
some poor shift patterns
Aldi
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
They're a good company to work for but you need to work hard to achieve your goals of the day. Everyone is friendly.
a typical day at work is morning delivery of short life (stuff that has a short use by date) after the stock from the day before is worked. after delivery you will probably do specials which means putting new items into tables before they need to be put on the shop floor which does not happen until thursday and sunday.
after specials, your more likely to be on a till for a shift which is nice. you get to meet and greet customers and have a nice little chat before moving onto the next one. if your not on tills then you will be decrating the store and making sure everything is neat and tidy for the next set of customers to destroy again. during the afternoon there should be a milk and long life (stuff that has a long use by date) delivery which again means doing backstock before doing the new stock. then again the decrating will needed to be done again and by the time your part way through your shift should end.
Pros
Awesome Money, Paid break
Cons
Heavy boxes, early and late shifts
Started well and ended badly.
Stock Assistant to Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 January 2018
My time at Aldi was full of highs and lows, i learnt new experiences and i adapted to the role very quickly, enough to become promoted. However i sustained an injury at work meaning it was left impossible for me to carry on working.
Hard work.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley19 January 2018
Love everything about Aldi but it wasn't like that always. You have to be dedicated and never be scared to stand your ground and be respectful at the same time,

When I started it was culture shock for as this was my first time working in retail and in a new country. I was never meant to stay this long, I thought I would just stay for 6 months but ended up enjoying it.

Met lots of lovely people, we usually go out for drinks as often as we can and have a gossip about the annoying team members.

Don't isolate yourself and ask for help if you need it, everyone is tired especially when there's shortage of staff but we all willing to help!
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours and you earn your money
Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
Fast Paced, Hard Work, Fun
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 January 2018
Considerate and kind management, consistent hours with flexibility to change shifts as necessary with reasonable warning. Clear instruction and expectations with a very open chain of command.
Pros
Management flexible with shift changes, realistic targets
Cons
Very late and early shifts
Good Firm
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester15 January 2018
Good well run business. With the perfect chance of progressing within the company. This job is not for the faint hearted. High pressured job at times but perfect for those who hate clock watching.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
None.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian10 January 2018
I typical day at work would involve picking up crates of produces and putting them into their correct lanes so that they can be shipped to stores. As a whole, the management is very good as it is a very efficient team.
Pros
Paid Break
Cons
Tough to keep up to speed
Positive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
Working at ALDI I regularly woke up excited or ready for work as it was always a positive atmosphere and very organised.
The managers always showed initiative to make the working atmosphere more acquitted to my needs as well as other store assistants.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
understaffed
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire9 January 2018
Extremely hard work but very rewarding. In my experience from my time at aldi is that they look after you and reward hard work. The only down side i would say is that they do not schedule your work rota to what best suits your needs so you will have to work night shifts even if you cannot arrange this.
Awful
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria9 January 2018
Horrible Company to work for. The management in this company all mock you, and they constantly look down their nose at you like they're better than you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K