ALDI Employee Reviews

It is secure, But hard.
Deputy Store manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland23 February 2018
The Job is without a doubt secure, but extremely taxing on both your home life and your own well being.some aspect of the job become near impossible to complete, but you have to do them. on a side note tho the pay is great.
Great career progression
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian21 February 2018
An energetic environment with great management to help assist you in all aspects with your job regardless of time spent or experience within the company. 100% recommendation
Pros
Up to date driver training
fun place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Rotherham20 February 2018
i was at aldi for a placement and everyone welcomed me with open arms and made it feel like a fun and friendly place to start a career even though i was outside in the gardening sector
The worst company you could work for
Aldi Stratton Swindon (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire19 February 2018
Disgusting place to work. You are treated like slaves. They don't pay you on time, when they finally do, it's wrong and they wont provide you with a copy of the months hours you have worked. Or they make sure they shred it so there no evidence, then make you out to be a liar. I even had to take them to the Swindon Advisor to make it public on how much money they owe me and refuse to pay it. Scumbags.
Poor place of work
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
Hated majority of the time here as there was so much favouritism and the work life balance was poor. The rotas were never consistent and management were never happy to work around any commitments.
Fast paced,a good workout,hours only to suit company
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlands18 February 2018
Just started and the interview process and training definitely lulls you into a false sense of thinking it's a great company. It's great for so,some wh olikes to be physically active and have a variety of things to do in the retail sector. A lot to learn, but plenty of time to do this. Managers can be quite intimidating and expect everything learnt very fast. Feels a bit like school at times.
I feel 10 hour shifts are unexceptable as the job is very physically draining. The firm would get more out of their employees if they thought about the 'fatigue' and 'low mood/energy' these shifts could bring. Single parents or even with both parents would struggle as no fixed shifts. (Although fellow colleges employed under previous rules have set contracts.) weekend working seems to take up most of your 25hr contract. Very nice team and staff. Yet to find out more. Most managers seem very approachable.
Watch this space hardest part is heavy lifting/speed expected. Most enjoyable is staff and customers.
Pros
Varied/can be fun
Cons
Long hours/mostly weekends
Good company to work for
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton18 February 2018
I have been with Aldi less than a year, I started as a store assistant in July 2017 and it wasn’t long until I had talks about a promotion to deputy store manager. I was put on a trial and given certain manager duties to do I.e availability and stock&order (when it was still used), cashing up tills and just generally taking charge a bit more. I received my deputy contract half way through October and officially started my new role on November 1st, as this was my first time in any sort of management role I was expectantly quite nervous to start with but received nothing but help and support the whole time and always made to feel comfortable. I have now been first aid trained, trained on running my own specials shifts and received full safe training, so I can now run the morning set up shifts and evening closes (receiving an extra £4ph when there is no salaried manager in store), I will soon be receiving training on how to do the stores orders which in turn will help when I want to go for my the next promotion to assistant store manager. All in all I’ve had a great experience working for Aldi so far and would definitely recommend working for the company to anybody who is looking at applying.
Pros
Good progression opportunities, good pay
not enjoyable
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent15 February 2018
at first glance Aldi where the perfect employers. really flexible with hours and everything else. but what's expected of its staff members is beyond fair. the pay is irrelevant, The way they teach you the job is out of a booklet, but you aren't shown how to do anything so be prepared to get shut down a lot.
No Life More Money
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester15 February 2018
Although the pay is good, the hours are not so. You will reach promotion IF you rid yourself of a social life and bend over backwards to be spoken to like s**t. Put up and shut up.
Pros
Money Is Good
Cons
Work Horse
Very challenging
Section Leader Transport (Current Employee) –  Bolton13 February 2018
A typical day at aldi will consist of routing the shift then running the shift ensuring all drivers have the relevant information to complete there day, on other days you will complete admin days where you will do onetoone meetings with your 25 allocated drivers and feedback relevant KPIS for isotrak and trutac.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours only 30 minute break any extra unpaid.
Poor Management. Would not recommend.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester13 February 2018
Poor management and communication, although training is broad once this is complete its every man for himself. Not impressed with how staff concerns are dealt with. If you have an incident on tills and request a manager they won't be impressed. However, if you flag this or anything else you are concerned or unsure of, at the end of a shift don't expect any kind of response. Wouldn't recommend, especially in a full-time role. Even at the start of this employment, I have nothing but negative storeys from existing staff on the operation of the store.
hardworking plase with a lot of pressure
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury11 February 2018
very fast pace working place. Very straight forward structure. nice place to work as long as you can keep up with the pace.
company seems to be unsure which direction to go. (customer service/cost)
Cons
perfect place to work and fair money for you responsabilities
Manager (Current Employee) –  cardiff8 February 2018
managing a team of 70 people on night shift.
monitoring orders,performance and accuracy.
Making rotas for workers and start times.
More important thing when you are managing people is try to understand people's problem and help them just to make sure their motivation and legacy is 100% whit the company.
Pros
easy promotions
Cons
Hard work but good team work.
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 February 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for the only thing letting them down is the promotion side..Aldi has great benefits every shop is differently ran but the postions are always changing which I don't like. They take back responsibility alot.
Pros
Productivity bonus
Cons
Late hours no promotions when promised.
A good place to work
Production Operative / claims assessor (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham6 February 2018
i enjoyed working there as it was like being part of a family First thing on a morning i would arrive half an hour before my shift to meet up with other work colleagues before starting our day
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
Finish times
worst place i ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syston, Leicestershire6 February 2018
very fast paced work environment. not allowed to talk to colleagues on shop floor. old fashioned way of tills. too much work for one person to do. working there was like a basketball game, you're not allowed to stand still!
the hours are poor. either 6am start or 10:30pm finish.
Pros
pay
A Step Forward
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakham2 February 2018
Every day of work at Aldi for me are days of joy, and seeing the satisfaction of the customers by all the assistance and help offered makes me end the day with my duty fulfilled.
Nice environment
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  England31 January 2018
Pay is good but they do not give enough hours and every week your shifts change sometimes get my days off in a week and they give me all my hours over weekends
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Long hours on till
Productive and fun workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield31 January 2018
Aldi is a fun environment with many transferable skills, I have learnt proper customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is to engage with different kinds of customers and personalities.
Loved working for Aldi!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton30 January 2018
Fabulous company to work for. Excellent pay and good hours, lots of overtime available!

I really thrived during my time there. Great for anyone wanting a career in a fast paced, customer focused environment! Excellent career development opportunities if you put in the work and show commitment. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential however, as is the ability to multi-task and work alone as well as in a team. Flexibility is key too, not the best job for single mothers/fathers as the job requires all staff work weekends and the shifts can vary on a week to week basis. Sometimes on a day to day!

Overall a brilliant place to work and start a career. I’d go back in a flash given the opportunity!
Pros
Great pay, career advancement opportunities, good hours, customer focused company, excellent management, career advancement opportunities, great training package
Cons
Sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K