ALDI Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
fast working environment friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside4 January 2018
teaches you to work hard and efficiently. however the shifts can be long and the days tiring especially when waking up at 4 in the morning. you can have a joke with some members of staff.
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Terrible
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington4 January 2018
Work life balance is terrible. Rotas were usually put out a week or two (if you were lucky) before being due to work with completely random shift patterns, this meant you could never plan your life more than a week or so in advance.

Even though at the time I was contracted 25 hours per week these obligations were not met. ALDI stated that over the course of the year your hours would likely average out at 25 hours per week but this is no help when for 2 months in a row you are averaging 16 hours per week and have bills to pay. Can't exactly say to the electric company "I've only worked 16 hours a week this month, can you reduce my bill until a few months time when I've worked more hours?" On this note ALDI managers often called you on the days you have off, when you have actually managed to plan to do something, to say "we've understaffed the store, can you come in?" When you say no I have planned to do something, they just say well you can't complain about not getting hours when they are being offered. Offering a shift at the last minute when people have made plans is not an acceptable substitute to organising a rota properly and giving people their contracted amount of hours.

On a final note ALDI is full of Trainee Area Managers who are eager to puff out their chests, act the big dog and prove themselves at any costs (kids trying to act tough and show authority). Don't get me wrong there are some good ones, however the majority of my experience was negative.
Fun place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire3 January 2018
I really injoyed working her best job i have had and would like to go back and work there one day good rate of pay very fast work place very good management
warehouse selector
warehouse selector (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire2 January 2018
-Early morning starts and difference hours daily depending on orders.
-Learn to pick fast and efficiently.
-fast pace environment
-even though it s high pay a lot is expected of you
-use of different machines including Llop and Bulk mover
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
distance from where i live
not a fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Swindon29 December 2017
not very good on health and safetyand when things were pointed out to the management nothing was done until there was an accident or near miss glad to be leaving in one piece
Pros
good wages
Cons
everything else
Productive and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 December 2017
Hectic days at work, as expected due to being the busiest store in England. I learened to work in a fast paced environment as calmly as possible i.e putting out stock and helping customers out at the same time and still managing to work in a time limit. Hardest part of the job would be working pallets during the day time and still having an expected time to finish each delivery. A lot of pressure.
Pros
Good pay, paid lunch, double pay on public holidays, socialising.
Cons
Long hours, finishing after the store assistants (even when we finish before them
It was not fun but had to do the work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex28 December 2017
I didn’t mind working here but it was hard trying to get all the orders in on the time line as most of the time I work as a team so when a college drops there order as it’s come off there palet I always stop and help pick it up with them.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Not to bad with hours but sometime finished early
not worth it
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
when i was there to cut a long story short the hours were good when you actually had hours to work there was one month where i only had 20 hours !!!!! totalling a pay check of around £250 but when i questioned management about my 15 hour contract they explained that as long as i average 15 hours a week over 12 weeks then it does not matter
Pros
not much
Cons
management (dependant upon store)
Good money, hard work, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire26 December 2017
Store manager was useless at job and his mate was his boss so got away with murder. I don't want to write anymore as there was an exclusion clause in my contract.
Very good
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside23 December 2017
Aldi is a hard but rewarding company to work for.
Everyday is different and full of challenges, and the days go quickly.
If you enjoy a challenge and love to work then this is the right place to be.
Pros
Good money
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Fast paced environment suited to hard working employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire17 December 2017
Great salary’s
High chance of advancement
Great career building prospects
Chances to transfer to different stores
All training provided
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire12 December 2017
a typical day evolved around putting stock out in a certain time, working on the tills, date checking certain items. Management was ok. I learnt some new skills whilst i worked there. The hardest part of the job was tinned pallets getting it all out in a certain time
Cons
very early starts
Productive place of work with excellent colleagues.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester8 December 2017
On a typical day I would go in and check the log book of what I was expected to do. I was usually on the tills, handling cash and card based transactions. I loved working with customers because I enjoyed seeing them happy. I learned that you can't make everyone happy, and the hardest part of the job was not always reaching my target with the pallet times. Everyone was really nice and supportive, and I always had a laugh with them.
Horrid
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trent7 December 2017
The staff are very unhelpful and the training doesn't happen. The pay is amazing. They do not respect how many hours you are contracted too. I would not want to work there again.
Good store team but poor senior management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenock5 December 2017
Senior management will only look out for themselves. Great store team that work very hard with no thanks from management, sometimes 12 - 13 hour days.
Good company to work for
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire4 December 2017
good place to work for
the pay is good
fast paced work
a little bit hard to be able to get a good work life balance but it can be worked around
opportunities to progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41K