ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 1,048 reviews matching the search See all 4,781 reviews
Fast paced retail environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North West3 September 2018
Fast paced well payed job with lots of scope for advancement within a continually growing company.

Job satisfaction guaranteed.

plenty of employee benefits that is always evolving
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Extremely poor management and very unfriendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire17 September 2018
I am working for the company for just 6 weeks now. The training was very short (had to be three weeks long but was 1 week and a half long) and unprofessional (lots of things were unsaid and after I was accused that I was doing something wrong), while expectations (after the training) are sky high.
Example:you are expected to do the same amount of work (after a few days) as someone who is working there for 5 months.
They (management and management only, I do not blame the company) give you no time to adapt and are always (and I mean always) angry if you don't reach their expectations
Managers will not care that you are still learning and will pressure you so badly that you will consider to leave the job after the first month (if not earlier).
Regarding team members: many are very nice and helpful (mainly new recruits) while others are angry on you all the time, no matter how hard you try or how polite you are towards them.
Pros
Good pay (but it is just not worth it)
Cons
Most shifts are of 10 hours (5 days a week), plus you will not have 2 days off in a row
Fast paced, multi tasking role
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswestry5 November 2018
I have found my employment with Aldi to be fast paced and quite demanding.

I have learnt till operation and inventory control and how stock rotation works.

The position of Store Assistant requires you to be multi tasked, therefore all aspects of training on the shop floor was given.

I found that dealing with the movement of heavy loads from the warehouse onto the shop floor was very physically demanding.
Pros
Good rate of pay, paid breaks and good holidays.
Cons
Long hours and changeable shifts
Hard working environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East9 May 2018
This job is not easy, for anyone going into this job thinking it is a walk in the part, its not the job for you. The job requires you to be on your feet at all times running about with a sense of urgency. The work life balance does not go well when you work every other day for a week all night shifts, you don't get time for yourself hardly. The staff and management were all friendly and really nice people however the job requires more than I could handle. However, knowing that you were a part of a small team that helped reach daily, weekly and monthly targets made you feel good to be a part of it.
Aldi is a great employer if you want a very competitive wage while maintaining a good work life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 October 2018
Aldi is a company I have worked for four years and I have had a very good time there.
From personal development within the company to being apart of a company that is very fast growing with success, you really do feel like your apart of something bigger working for aldi
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Very hard work
Lake of Training if required by employees
Trainee Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 August 2018
If an employee is struggling in certain areas Aldi give them 3 chances to get it right without offering extra training. The management are only about saving on money
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management and training
Great working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 September 2018
Aldi is a fast growing company, so there are opportunities to progress. Best Aldi's features:
- "hands on" managers
- very fast phase of working
- friendly environment
- focus on people - looking after people is a priority for creating good working environment.
- approachable management team
The most challenging part of the job are very early shift starts and decisions making under a pressure of time.
Aldi provide a full training on any level and job is very rewarding. It helps you develop your skills and learn your strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
Aldi perks
Good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
I worked for Aldi for about 1 year. I have to say that I was really happy with the company. Colleagues are nice and hard workers. Even the management is nice what is really unusual in these days. The job is well paid and the working hours basically depends on you. If u want you can do progress really quick.
My only cons are not really the company's fault so I won't write it to the "Cons" section but I must mention that you need a lot of patience when you dealing with costumers. Aldi is one of the cheapest so many of the costumers come from the "living on benefits level" or simply just stupid. People do "amazing" things, making the shop really messy every day. Of course there are many nice costumers as well.
After all it is a good place to work full with opportunities.
Pros
Good money, nice colleagues and management
Cons
Can't really think on anything
average workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent14 June 2018
I found the company knew what they wanted and knew how to deliver it, from them i have learnt a lot, but as an individual within a store, i was wanting more hours and a chance to climb the ladder, this was held back from me due to the management at the time didn't favour myself and others in the same boat having children.
Cons
long hours, not always getting your breaks
Hard work little benefit
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester1 September 2018
Example: 10 hour shift, 30 mins break. That's it.

It's physically hard work, little room for work/life balance and so much carrot dangling to get you to comply it becomes disheartening ("if you do such-and-such for the next 6 months we'll promote you!" 6 months later "you did well but actually now we need you to do this for 6 months instead.... ") The shift patterns can be grueling and the hours not fixed so wages fluctuate massively month to month.

Is that extra pound an hour worth it? No.
Cons
No staff discount, no general consideration to staff
Loved working for Aldi!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton30 January 2018
Fabulous company to work for. Excellent pay and good hours, lots of overtime available!

I really thrived during my time there. Great for anyone wanting a career in a fast paced, customer focused environment! Excellent career development opportunities if you put in the work and show commitment. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential however, as is the ability to multi-task and work alone as well as in a team. Flexibility is key too, not the best job for single mothers/fathers as the job requires all staff work weekends and the shifts can vary on a week to week basis. Sometimes on a day to day!

Overall a brilliant place to work and start a career. I’d go back in a flash given the opportunity!
Pros
Great pay, career advancement opportunities, good hours, customer focused company, excellent management, career advancement opportunities, great training package
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Energetic and fast paced
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
I’ve worked for Aldi for 5 years and I absolutely love where I work. Unfortunately my health has taken a turn for the worst and I can no longer keep up with the requirements they need. However they have been amazing with me considering my health issues have left me unable to work for 4 months, and everyone involved has been kind and caring toward me.
Pros
Friendly, loyal, fast paced
Cons
Minimum breaks, long hours
Overall good
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham21 August 2018
You have to have willingness to work hard and focus on targets aswell as speed and accuracy within Aldi. With opportunity’s for promotions this is a perfect role for a fully flexible individual.
No work life balance
N/A (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire8 August 2018
Money is tempting, but you are worked like animals, the management system is poor. Mangers look at what they have achieved and give no thanks to those who work hard!
DOG EAT DOG
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Awful.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton15 July 2018
Management force unpaid overtime, change your rota without you knowing. And if you are ever actually geniunely poorly they make you feel horrendous. The management are often young and lack the life experience to motivate and inspire other people, instead they pick their favourites and leave the others. Expect 10 hours on a till with a half an hour break. Expect to be micromanaged with every little thing you do. The pay is great for what it is but the amount of unpaid overtime you will do is crippling. You will often find yourself leaving work an hour after your shift is over with no gratitude from management as this is expected.
Pros
Good pay for what it is.
Cons
Young management
Fantastic teamwork
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby16 July 2018
ALDI is a brilliant company to work for, they really take care of their staff. The job can be challenging at times and physically draining but the team work easily makes the shifts fly by.

I cannot stress enough about the amazing team work at ALDI stores, everybody has the same training and knows exactly how things should be and how tough a long shift can be there was always a lot of respect for each other.

Management were always understanding and would do their best to provide a reasonable solution to any issues that would arise and were always ready to roll up their sleeves should the occasion call for it.

The most enjoyable park of the job was helping customers in store, ALDI staff are well trained and knowledgeable about their company, store and products.

Date checks were probably my least favourite part of the job, it was not difficult, just tedious.

Given the chance I would happily work for this company again.
Pros
Managers were extremely helpful and undertanding
Cons
Physically draining shifts
No Life
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire18 September 2018
Poorly devised Rota's Constantly make you work late nights and weekends, even when you have explained the reason to the manager why you are unable to work late nights and every weekend, there is no compromise, they just say you are working in retail.
Not had one weekend off since I started.
Absolutely useless managers and very arrogant.
Pros
Salary Ok
Cons
No Life and Managers don't care
Not for the lazy or faint-hearted
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgend8 August 2018
Aldi is not for the faint-hearted. On a typical day you are go, go, go. There were never enough hours in the day or people on a shift. Most of the time there was good team work and I would be wrong to say it was all bad. I enjoyed it for a long time. But an inexperienced Area manager with no people skills changed that coupled with a Manager who was constantly trying to shift blame and cover his back.
Pros
Fast paced, salary, good teamwork
Cons
Long days, never enough people on shift, area managers could bring morale down in seconds
Work colleagues are the best bit
Store Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leek, Staffordshire13 March 2018
The management within my store was horrific, the amount of staff that come and go is unreal, and this is all because of the management and the way they talk and treat you, you can cut the tension with a knife its that bad, don't get me wrong its not every manager. I have dealt with this company and the way my manager is for one year but its gotten too much to handle, i don't enjoy going to work nor working there, i honestly wouldn't recommend for anyone to work for this company. The best part of my job is the other store assistants, as they are in the same boat as me and they know how awful it is, however its not even like i can talk to them because when i do, i get shouted at.

I can balance a fast consistent work pace with also enjoying my work life.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K