ALDI Employee Reviews

Good hours/life balance
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside23 January 2018
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace, the managers always help out on the shop floor. i saw quite a few other members of staff get promoted when they tried to.
good company to b with
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  uk23 January 2018
good company to be with, typical days working stock all day.
great management.
fast paced environment
hardest part is getting a good work life balance because of the wide variation on shift patterns.
best part is a great team to work with and the customer interaction
Pros
good wage, customer interaction
Cons
some poor shift patterns
Aldi
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
They're a good company to work for but you need to work hard to achieve your goals of the day. Everyone is friendly.
a typical day at work is morning delivery of short life (stuff that has a short use by date) after the stock from the day before is worked. after delivery you will probably do specials which means putting new items into tables before they need to be put on the shop floor which does not happen until thursday and sunday.
after specials, your more likely to be on a till for a shift which is nice. you get to meet and greet customers and have a nice little chat before moving onto the next one. if your not on tills then you will be decrating the store and making sure everything is neat and tidy for the next set of customers to destroy again. during the afternoon there should be a milk and long life (stuff that has a long use by date) delivery which again means doing backstock before doing the new stock. then again the decrating will needed to be done again and by the time your part way through your shift should end.
Pros
Awesome Money, Paid break
Cons
Heavy boxes, early and late shifts
Started well and ended badly.
Stock Assistant to Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 January 2018
My time at Aldi was full of highs and lows, i learnt new experiences and i adapted to the role very quickly, enough to become promoted. However i sustained an injury at work meaning it was left impossible for me to carry on working.
Hard work.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley19 January 2018
Love everything about Aldi but it wasn't like that always. You have to be dedicated and never be scared to stand your ground and be respectful at the same time,

When I started it was culture shock for as this was my first time working in retail and in a new country. I was never meant to stay this long, I thought I would just stay for 6 months but ended up enjoying it.

Met lots of lovely people, we usually go out for drinks as often as we can and have a gossip about the annoying team members.

Don't isolate yourself and ask for help if you need it, everyone is tired especially when there's shortage of staff but we all willing to help!
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours and you earn your money
Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
Fast Paced, Hard Work, Fun
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 January 2018
Considerate and kind management, consistent hours with flexibility to change shifts as necessary with reasonable warning. Clear instruction and expectations with a very open chain of command.
Pros
Management flexible with shift changes, realistic targets
Cons
Very late and early shifts
Good Firm
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester15 January 2018
Good well run business. With the perfect chance of progressing within the company. This job is not for the faint hearted. High pressured job at times but perfect for those who hate clock watching.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
None.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian10 January 2018
I typical day at work would involve picking up crates of produces and putting them into their correct lanes so that they can be shipped to stores. As a whole, the management is very good as it is a very efficient team.
Pros
Paid Break
Cons
Tough to keep up to speed
Positive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
Working at ALDI I regularly woke up excited or ready for work as it was always a positive atmosphere and very organised.
The managers always showed initiative to make the working atmosphere more acquitted to my needs as well as other store assistants.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
understaffed
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire9 January 2018
Extremely hard work but very rewarding. In my experience from my time at aldi is that they look after you and reward hard work. The only down side i would say is that they do not schedule your work rota to what best suits your needs so you will have to work night shifts even if you cannot arrange this.
Awful
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria9 January 2018
Horrible Company to work for. The management in this company all mock you, and they constantly look down their nose at you like they're better than you.
great people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire8 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aldi an would still be there today trying to further my career given the opportunity. The thing is whilst working there my girlfriend gave birth to our wonderful son and not long after started suffering from post natal depression. this had a crippling affect on her day to day life and I had no choice but to leave work and help out at home.
Pros
fantastic rate of pay
Cons
long houre i couldnt manage my work life and my family life on the hours i was putting in.
hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  easy grinstead5 January 2018
far more hours were expected to be worked then originally contracted

unrealistic expectations of items scanned through till, due to customers failing to load trolley as instructed
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
fast working environment friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside4 January 2018
teaches you to work hard and efficiently. however the shifts can be long and the days tiring especially when waking up at 4 in the morning. you can have a joke with some members of staff.
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Terrible
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington4 January 2018
Work life balance is terrible. Rotas were usually put out a week or two (if you were lucky) before being due to work with completely random shift patterns, this meant you could never plan your life more than a week or so in advance.

Even though at the time I was contracted 25 hours per week these obligations were not met. ALDI stated that over the course of the year your hours would likely average out at 25 hours per week but this is no help when for 2 months in a row you are averaging 16 hours per week and have bills to pay. Can't exactly say to the electric company "I've only worked 16 hours a week this month, can you reduce my bill until a few months time when I've worked more hours?" On this note ALDI managers often called you on the days you have off, when you have actually managed to plan to do something, to say "we've understaffed the store, can you come in?" When you say no I have planned to do something, they just say well you can't complain about not getting hours when they are being offered. Offering a shift at the last minute when people have made plans is not an acceptable substitute to organising a rota properly and giving people their contracted amount of hours.

On a final note ALDI is full of Trainee Area Managers who are eager to puff out their chests, act the big dog and prove themselves at any costs (kids trying to act tough and show authority). Don't get me wrong there are some good ones, however the majority of my experience was negative.
Fun place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire3 January 2018
I really injoyed working her best job i have had and would like to go back and work there one day good rate of pay very fast work place very good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41K