ALDI Employee Reviews

Unfair dismissal
Hygiene Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire27 June 2018
i have been working for them like 9 weeks and they considered that i am not suitable for hygiene job picking up pallets and swipe after that. I was working with another 4 English lads in the team and i as a Romanian was the only sacked from the team because- not suitable for the job.... I want to say that i had 100% attendance, good worker, and never say something negative about the never ending shifts. Thank you Aldi for giving me a chance for a permanent role....
Pros
canteen, wi fi, parking place, good payed
Cons
bad management, heavy work, endless shifts....
productive and hard work
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford26 June 2018
the hardest part of the job is trying to fit all your job roles in to the time given they are very strict with productivity and constantly made to feel the pressure.
The team are amazing and can really pull together to make the job more enjoyable.
The management system is very strict and have a lot of responsibility, its trying to make sure you still hold the standards even with the added pressure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and strict on productivity
Very Productive workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eccles, Greater Manchester25 June 2018
During a shift at work things are very intense but all staff members work together and very hard to get tasks completed. I have learnt alot in my time working for aldi and this has enabled me to become a fast paced worker not onky on my own but also in groups to help others succeed like myself. Working for aldi is a fast paced enviroment some days it can seem hard but you find ways to make it work smoothly to the best of your ability so i dont believe the role i have is hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers becuase you meet differant types of people on a daily basis.
Pros
Aldi Perks
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold25 June 2018
Aldi is a superb company to work for, the management and people are all lovely and you are always clear on what tasks are at hand. Work morale is always high and everyone is always happy to help.
Hard work but rewarding
Warehouse (Selector) Picker (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford24 June 2018
Keeping up with Pick rates can be tough and can be very hard work. Although the hours are based on an 8 hour shift, this is not usually the case. if work is don't you go home early (not paid) and if not finished you could be doing up to 3 hours extra each night, no negotiations.
Management are good when you need help or advice and always available to ask any questions
The most enjoyable part of my day is achieving the daily picks required.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Working Hours
well paid
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire23 June 2018
Good workplace to work for, very helpful managers, nice staff, job not great but ways to work up into the management system, lorry driving and different equipment.
Pros
money
Cons
dont know finish time.
I did learn
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 June 2018
I would like to stay in UK for the rest of my life, I dont like the hot in Spain and prefer the tranquility , I can adap to any situation , punctual and responsable.
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Hard work, good rotas
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buxton22 June 2018
Go to work follow the time limits for each heavy pallet of goods, the team can be both positive and negative depending on the management.
I have just my back semi permanently from working their lifting heavy goods and sometimes being stuck on a till constantly for 6-8 hours.
Pros
Good rotated shift pattern
Cons
Expect too much, injured my back heavy lifting constantly.
company 2 stars
Picker and higene (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire21 June 2018
there is no organization for 2 or 3 departments to work as a team. the only concern is work getting done, it does not matter if it's 2-for-1 work, there's a lot of disrespect at work, pickers think they're more than other workers just because they earn a little more. all departments should work together and team to work flow.
Pros
canteen and changing rooms
Cons
no organization for 2 or 3 departments working in team
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester20 June 2018
Productive, hardwork, challenging, engaging, can be a hard work life balance. Work stock and manage the shop at the same time, good salary good teams.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Work life blance
Fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Essex19 June 2018
Well treated and respected as a team member. Good management. Communication to the manager was good. Friendly team members and made you feel very welcomed
terrible service
interview (Former Employee) –  Paignton, Devon15 June 2018
I applied to Aldi and had to go through the online assessment which took about 45mins to an hour, once completed Aldi then got back to me offering me to go up for an interview which I did and they said 'sorry we no nothing about this interview'. They rebooked the interview for 5 weeks later, on the morning of my new interview an hour before it I receive an email saying the position has now been filled! I have been messed around by this company over the last few weeks, I wouldn't bother putting your time in to apply, just apply elsewhere and save your time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands14 June 2018
I had a great time working at ALDI, everyone was great to work with and I was always provided with more than enough hours to keep myself financially afloat.
Would happily work there again should the opportunity arise.
average workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent14 June 2018
I found the company knew what they wanted and knew how to deliver it, from them i have learnt a lot, but as an individual within a store, i was wanting more hours and a chance to climb the ladder, this was held back from me due to the management at the time didn't favour myself and others in the same boat having children.
Cons
long hours, not always getting your breaks
Very productive working day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk14 June 2018
Constantly on the go at Aldi, there is never a moment where you aren’t doing anything! It’s a very challenging job and it keeps me on my toes which I definitely need in a job.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Stability with hours
Superb Business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hereford11 June 2018
A great company to work for. You are remunerated well for your hard work and there are clear requirements set out for you and the training in place for you to hit those requirements. Its a busy working day and lots of manual lifting is required.
no life balance
selector (Former Employee) –  Bolton upon Dearne11 June 2018
work all the time, to tired to on days off and 6 day weeks at times. work all day everyday and sleep never see friends never go out and work work work everyday the end
Pros
salary
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 June 2018
A typical day at work....
see's you doing everything from produce, to putting out flowers to re stocking shelves, Unless you are on 1st call or 2nd call where you will never leave the tills
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 June 2018
- Internal progression
- Hard work is rewarded and highly encouraged
- Friendly coworkers that have created a very good culture within the store
- The hardest part is having to contend with customers whilst sticking to time related targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K