ALDI Employee Reviews

Efficent, family and different
Store assistant September (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex17 April 2018
Overall, Aldi is a fun growing retail business. The company has had many years of trade and is expanding on a massive scale. However they still have room to learn and trial new things.
Friendly but Tiring
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 April 2018
this is a good place to work and you get free hot drinks on your break but there are very long days starting very early in the morning. you know what time you start but you dont know when you finish until halfway though the day and you have a very high personal target to meet when picking.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Long hours, dont know when you finish until during the day
its a ok job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 April 2018
aldi is ok. its just certain things about it. first of all, aldi doesn't really give a about you or your outside life, this can mean standby shifts very frequently because of the store trying to meet unrealistic productivity targets and you have to turn up to these standby shifts otherwise your are warned.
Pros
good pay and good people to work with
Cons
long hours early mornings tight targets
voice picker
Voice Picker (Former Employee) –  Atherstone13 April 2018
it was a good and fit job unable to co operative with team leader i learned to work at a fast pace at the workplace the mangment was stricked on the worker to get the order out in time for trailer departures was hardest part of the job was lifting
Pros
cheap in cantine
Cons
nice hours
good place to work
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2018
Morning shift- delivery in the morning
After delivery is finished you get break or going on the tills. Depends of the managers and store.
Afternoon shift- working back stock, carding the store, till operating
Pros
good money, good place to work
Cons
horrible customers but that can be anywhere
Hard work but satisfying
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
A good company giving store assistants experience in all areas of the store from customer service to stock control. The job is varied and can involve many roles in one day keeping the job interesting. Customer interaction is the most important part of the jo whatever your role might be that day.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times
Good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
I worked for Aldi for about 1 year. I have to say that I was really happy with the company. Colleagues are nice and hard workers. Even the management is nice what is really unusual in these days. The job is well paid and the working hours basically depends on you. If u want you can do progress really quick.
My only cons are not really the company's fault so I won't write it to the "Cons" section but I must mention that you need a lot of patience when you dealing with costumers. Aldi is one of the cheapest so many of the costumers come from the "living on benefits level" or simply just stupid. People do "amazing" things, making the shop really messy every day. Of course there are many nice costumers as well.
After all it is a good place to work full with opportunities.
Pros
Good money, nice colleagues and management
Cons
Can't really think on anything
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough6 April 2018
every Aldi you step into to work feels like a close knit team and a family, everyone is supportive from the caretakers to the management. the work is fast paced but you are paid extremely well from the job at hand.
Nice place to work but horrible hours
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire4 April 2018
It is a nice place to work but 1. you are not guaranteed the hours 2. You will be put down for all types of shifts including evening, weekends and nights 3. You might even go into work one day to find your shift has been crossed off and no one told you.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Working hours are 24/7
productive fast paced environment
store assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear4 April 2018
productive fast paced busy environment
working on the tills
stock rotation
availability of products
was good but 2 much work for 1 cleaner
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  harlow4 April 2018
cleaning shop floor and other areas litter picking dusting toilets cleaning carpet cleaning hoovering helping customers cleaning where the staff have there break taking out rubbish
Pros
start at 6 finsh at 11 having something a laugh with workers
Cons
to much for 1 cleamer
Friendly workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thamesmead, Greater London4 April 2018
A typical day at work , consist of getting a till , been told what to do if not on till , eg working back stock delivery , put backs and tidying the shop floor and able to deal with customers when very busy. Have to be flexiable as sometimes routers change at last minute and you have to be able to work . Long hours and short breaks .
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long hours and very early starts plus late nights
If you want to work hard this is the palce
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire3 April 2018
A very busy role where you earn the money they pay. It will only suit a small amount of people but it is worth the effort at times. Great people and you will never be bored.
Pros
money
Cons
work life balance
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearwood28 March 2018
Long hours and hard work but can be rewarding
Hard to progress because turnover is high
Very early starts near Christmas (sometimes 3 or 4am which can be hard)
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire26 March 2018
Great place to work, friendly culture and flat management structure means you are expected to achieve a lot in your role in a really hands on basis.
A place that you would never want to leave, if you could be recognised for your work and could progress within your desired field.
Pros
well paid, overtime not encouraged
Cons
low progression for assistants
Apprenticeship
Store Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Rhyl20 March 2018
I was on an apprenticeship at Aldi where I was only on 5 pounds an hour compared to everyone else who was on 8-10 pounds and hour! i enjoyed my time at Aldi and gained valuable experience.
Still awaiting my last months pay
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 March 2018
Worked for the company for over 4 years. Long shifts, minimal breaks. I left over two years ago, and the never paid me my last months wages. Tried chasing them only to be palmed off to various departments, by the time i decided to take legal action it was too late. Feel like i was fobbed off by them on purpose. I know of several other employees they did this too also.
Pros
Cons
everything
hard work but good money
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill15 March 2018
Fast pace. non-stop.I would be cashing tills up or on the till myself or I would be on the shop floor ensuring a smooth running store. Never really had chance for a proper break. As I would constantly busy. The store I worked in was very small so everything would go off sale very quickly. The management would always recognized hard working individuals.
Pros
first choice for special buys
Cons
long hours and unsocial-able
Busy place to work
Logisitics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire14 March 2018
A busy role in a busy business, Job security is there but not advancement. They do train you on all aspects of your role and on any equipment needed to help you fullfill that role.
Cons
Shift pattern
Work colleagues are the best bit
Store Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leek, Staffordshire13 March 2018
The management within my store was horrific, the amount of staff that come and go is unreal, and this is all because of the management and the way they talk and treat you, you can cut the tension with a knife its that bad, don't get me wrong its not every manager. I have dealt with this company and the way my manager is for one year but its gotten too much to handle, i don't enjoy going to work nor working there, i honestly wouldn't recommend for anyone to work for this company. The best part of my job is the other store assistants, as they are in the same boat as me and they know how awful it is, however its not even like i can talk to them because when i do, i get shouted at.

I can balance a fast consistent work pace with also enjoying my work life.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K