ALDI Employee Review

Hard work but good team work.
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 February 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for the only thing letting them down is the promotion side..Aldi has great benefits every shop is differently ran but the postions are always changing which I don't like. They take back responsibility alot.
Pros
Productivity bonus
Cons
Late hours no promotions when promised.

Other ALDI Employee Reviews

Bad management
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk19 November 2018
It is hard work at Aldi and the boss I had wasn't very nice. You never got a weekend off unless you used holiday for itand they're slave drivers. Wouldn't work for Aldi again.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours, bad back
Honest review.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire.18 November 2018
Very hard work, thought I was prepared for it as I've always done physical jobs but this is something else! Pulling large pallets of tins, at least 5ft high around at 4am in the morning is HARD! Having half an hour target to work each pallet is HARD, it's doable but you cannot keep up that pace hour after hour. Warehouse is health and safety hazard, no room for stock constantly having to move things around just to get your pallet out, freezer and chiller exactly the same which can make the job very stressful.
Some shifts can be on the chiller (fridge) all day, constantly putting stock out non stop, can be very demanding especially on busiest days.
Can be on a till for 10hrs, very draining and hurts your legs and back, target for scanning is 1100 per hour but it's easy done if you don't get annoying customers packing at the till.
The staff who are rubbish at doing deliveries and putting stock out get to sit on a till all day, they don't have to do any of the hard graft but get paid the same. You get half an hour paid break if doing 8/10 hours but sometimes you can work 6hrs before getting it.

The hours are not all bad it's just the shift patterns they give you, sometimes you can finish at 10.30pm and be back in next day at 10am.
4am starts getting the deliveries done for before the store opens is very tough. Holidays are hard to get, no holidays allowed in December and you can't book weekends as holiday, you are expected to use some of your holiday in January.

Everyone thinks it's good pay, the starting rate in our store is £8.85 an hour but taking in consideration
  more... the amount of work you have to do; it's not that good. I've had easier jobs and been paid more.

Aldi have become very popular in the last couple of years, changing the quality of their products as resulted in a massive increase in customers but they haven't changed the way the stores are run, keeping up with demand is almost impossible, they need to reinvent the way they are run.
The store I'm in really struggles with the demand.

Management not too bad as they all have to pull their weight, but they get very stressed under the pressure of having to get stock out on shop floor, trying to organise warehouse in time for next delivery and having targets to hit.
Store manager doesn't really have time for you, doesnt have time to get to know about you personally. you'll get your one to one updates every couple of months as that's protocol but what gets said in them gets forgotten about.

Team spirit is good, everyone tries to pull together because we are all under the same pressure, banter over headsets is good, makes the time spent there easier, we're almost like a big family.
Even new starters settle in quickly and become part if the team easily.
This is one of the main reasons why I stay.

Training... what's that? There's a lot to learn and you get shown once and pretty much have to learn yourself or pick up from other colleagues the best way to do things.

Would I recommend working here? Only if you don't like routine in your working hours and are prepared to work like your doing a gym workout.
Be prepared for hellish customers who forget they are shopping in Aldi and expect the same set up as m&s.
There's good job security because they struggle to get staff.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
Shift patterns, stressful and physically demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K