ALDI Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire17 May 2018
Hard work, but makes the day go quicker. Great pay, fun staff, always make you have your breaks - which are paid! Staff parking, good training. Looked forward to going to work!
Exciting
amazing pay
pay rise every year
all different shifts
sometimes 4 sometimes 10 hours
well paid but low store morale and poor area manager leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  norflok11 May 2018
every day is very hard work and with very little support from area manager team , if you do not hit unrealistic KPI you are put under extreme pressure
Pros
great salary great benefits
Cons
48hrs plus travelling no support
Not the best place to work
Store Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 April 2018
not a nice place to work. The money is good per hour but you will never get full time hours...only part time. Everything you do is timed and they don't give you enough time to complete the job!
hardworking atmosphere
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  bristol24 April 2018
a standard day is min 8 hour shifts and longest is 10 hours from early morning to midnight .

extremely fast pace and have to be constantly on the go.

Short breaks
Cons
long hours, unpredictable hours
Hard work, always kept on your toes!
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire23 April 2018
Was a very fast paced and often challenging place to work, with minimal breaks and maximum effort required for the entirety of every shift. Stock replenishment was timed and management were constantly on your back, with no time to take a breath, but that all comes with the great hourly rate!
Pros
salary
Cons
short, no breaks, exhausting and unsociable hours
ok, good money, hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie21 April 2018
always give part time hours but there is always more available, you must be very hands on a pro active. stores are always short staffed but that's why the wages are higher than most retail positions, as you will be expected to carry out lots of different duties on a typical day. there are strict timescales which must be adhered to as well, some are hard when you first start but things do get easier the more you work at it.
Friendly but Tiring
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 April 2018
this is a good place to work and you get free hot drinks on your break but there are very long days starting very early in the morning. you know what time you start but you dont know when you finish until halfway though the day and you have a very high personal target to meet when picking.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Long hours, dont know when you finish until during the day
Good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
I worked for Aldi for about 1 year. I have to say that I was really happy with the company. Colleagues are nice and hard workers. Even the management is nice what is really unusual in these days. The job is well paid and the working hours basically depends on you. If u want you can do progress really quick.
My only cons are not really the company's fault so I won't write it to the "Cons" section but I must mention that you need a lot of patience when you dealing with costumers. Aldi is one of the cheapest so many of the costumers come from the "living on benefits level" or simply just stupid. People do "amazing" things, making the shop really messy every day. Of course there are many nice costumers as well.
After all it is a good place to work full with opportunities.
Pros
Good money, nice colleagues and management
Cons
Can't really think on anything
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearwood28 March 2018
Long hours and hard work but can be rewarding
Hard to progress because turnover is high
Very early starts near Christmas (sometimes 3 or 4am which can be hard)
Apprenticeship
Store Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Rhyl20 March 2018
I was on an apprenticeship at Aldi where I was only on 5 pounds an hour compared to everyone else who was on 8-10 pounds and hour! i enjoyed my time at Aldi and gained valuable experience.
Potential to be a great company.
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Neston, Cheshire6 March 2018
Aldi has the potential to be a brilliant company to work for which is ruined by poor man management staff. I was promoted during my time there and ended up leaving because of the way I was treated. The salary is great (I was a hgv driver) but being unfairly treated outweighed the money side of things.
Pros
Lots of promotions.
Cons
Poor management
Good workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  North wales5 March 2018
I love working at Aldi.long hours but good pay.I was self employed before so used to hard work and long shifts.would recommend this as a workplace as a store assistant.
Pros
Good pay and close knit staff
Cons
No discount in the store
Fast paced
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston28 February 2018
A very fast paced workplace but do reward with the pay rate for someone my age. A typical day is very well run by the deputy, store and area managers. it is easy to communicate with management and form good relationships. They offer good benefit schemes for workers.
Pros
Good wage for my age
Cons
Unsociable hours
Fun place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bearwood27 February 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Hard work sometimes but its rewarding. Managers were all good and friendly to work for. The pay is good aswell and they try to give you shifts that are suitable for you.
Fun, hard work, great benefits
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City, North Yorkshire27 February 2018
Overall Aldi is not a bad company to work for, The pay is better than most retail outlets, and the bond you make with your fellow colleagues can last a lifetime. once you get your working mentality to the same level its a great job and career opportunity, but make no mistake, it is hard work and very fast paced. i would always recommend people to have a go, but bare in mind, not everyone is suited to the Aldi way.

my only regret is for not sticking to my guns, an biding my time till promotion.
Pros
Great pay and staff benefits
Cons
Hard Work, fast paced, Challenging
Apprentice manager (Current Employee) –  Leistershire26 February 2018
YOU HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE AS THE HOURS ARE RUBBISH

If you really want a high working job then this is for you. Aldi is quite hard to get into as they are looking for the best people possible for the best productivity
Pros
Nowt
fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  annerley26 February 2018
working at ALDI can be fun when you have a goo team/colleagues
however it can also be very stressful as they do not have cleaners so you will have to multitask and make sure you hit the speed till target every time
Pros
no free lunch or discount
Cons
1h lunch
Productive and busy
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 February 2018
chances of promotion are slim unless you've got the face for it. good and bad days working in aldi, can be enjoyable, and sometimes feel like prison and get treated wrong. the amount you have to do passes the time, but for the work and hours you have to do the breaks are so short.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
The worst company you could work for
Aldi Stratton Swindon (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire19 February 2018
Disgusting place to work. You are treated like slaves. They don't pay you on time, when they finally do, it's wrong and they wont provide you with a copy of the months hours you have worked. Or they make sure they shred it so there no evidence, then make you out to be a liar. I even had to take them to the Swindon Advisor to make it public on how much money they owe me and refuse to pay it. Scumbags.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K