ALDI Management reviews

Found 427 reviews matching the search See all 4,976 reviews
Long hours, demotivated staff
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 November 2018
Aldi has now become so incredibly unrealistic with its payroll targets that all management are glorified stock assistants. We have no time for anything remotely management related let alone dealing with staff personnel issues. Turnover is the worst I've seen in years and we keep getting told we should have done more to retain those members of staff yet area managers/ops directors refuse to acknowledge the real reasons staff are leaving. They are sick of doing the job of 5 people for only slightly better pay than Tesco. They are tired of being rang every day asking if they can pull an extra shift because we are so understaffed. It's a business steadily in decline if they don't start investing in their people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance, constantly being belittled by area managers.
Good Job
Selector (Current Employee) –  Goldthorpe18 January 2019
Working in the RDC in Goldthorpe is fast paced and very target driven. The management team could be improved upon and the hours would be better fixed and stable. There is not much room for improvement and progression in the work place, however there are opportunities to move departments if you wish for a change. The wages are excellent and the job is easy once you are trained up fully for it.
Pros
Free Fruit, Tea, Coffee, App with added Benefits and discounts
Cons
Management needs improvement
Varied, Fast- Paced Role
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria16 July 2018
This is a very varied and fast-paced role which makes this the ideal supermarket job if you get bored doing the same thing everyday and need more autonomy.

The benefits and salary are very good and performance reviews have been improved. The company itself have invested in its employees and the effort made by them overall shows.

The thing that ruins this is the tyrant middle management, unrealistic targets and lack of compassion or care for employees and staff turnover or professional development.

The work life balance is usually poor as you work irregular shift patterns.
Pros
Salary, varied, fast -pased
Cons
irregular shift patterns, poor management, uncompassionate and lack of E.I.
hard work but can be rewarding
ALDI - STORE ASSISTANT/DEPUTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire8 January 2019
very good employer as a company, problems include high turnover in upper managment which can slow progression as no consistant managment and high turnover also attributes to bad work life balance
Pros
great salary and teams
Cons
high movment of upper managment
Good company
Selector (Current Employee) –  Bathgate1 November 2018
The company in itself is a great company, the pay is good, as are the benefits, but from my own personal experience here, majority of the managers are horrible. I think they see everyone as replaceable and the way they talk to people is disgusting. Really hoping to find a new job quickly so i can get away from the place.
Very friendly atmosphere
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands18 September 2018
Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Pay is always received on time and management are very friendly. Lots of benefits and a job which keeps you mentally active.
Pros
Great people, above average salary, lots of benefits
hated it
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, UK10 December 2018
hated it. belittled for 2 years. management work as a part a clique and you were treated different if you weren't friends. average salary, not worth how i was treated.
No Life
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire18 September 2018
Poorly devised Rota's Constantly make you work late nights and weekends, even when you have explained the reason to the manager why you are unable to work late nights and every weekend, there is no compromise, they just say you are working in retail.
Not had one weekend off since I started.
Absolutely useless managers and very arrogant.
Pros
Salary Ok
Cons
No Life and Managers don't care
Fast paced
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2018
Good team, flexible management, no issue in getting required days off. Social life suffers from weekend work. Average pay for the industry. Productivity targets constantly raised
Good wage, difficult culture.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Midlands25 November 2018
-Good wage for staff

-Some progression is available but it does seem difficult to access a higher level career from a store position

-High pressure but one does learn how to cope quickly and find a natural rhythm with the nature and ethos of the store.

-You can be asked to do any role within store, so you become multi-skilled.

-Management were close-knit group of friends who were difficult to approach and their concern for impressive results would often be at odds with corporate policy. It could be a battle to have an entitled break for example.

-On-call system meant you could be called in short notice to do a shift which, for this level of work might not suit everyone.
Pros
Wages
any
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London14 October 2018
a typical day at work
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
by good service and products
promoted in work
good salary
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hors
Excellent Pay
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  South East23 December 2018
Very well paid and good perks, paid breaks, 28 days holiday pay!
however, long hours, weekend work, short breaks, expect a lot from you, poor management and can be very stressful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Looks good on paper- not so much when you're there
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield3 January 2019
you're on a 25 hour contract- every 17 weeks- so they don't have to give you weekly hours if they don't want. I just wasn't paid once- they gave it me in cash that week- but this happened with management- no explanation- just not there payday! You're expected to work yourself to death- no thanks and they string people along with promotion. There were staff there that were told they'd move forward every time the opportunity arose and never did.
Pros
good hourly wage if you get the hours
Cons
for me everything else really
Hard work but rewarding
Warehouse (Selector) Picker (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford24 June 2018
Keeping up with Pick rates can be tough and can be very hard work. Although the hours are based on an 8 hour shift, this is not usually the case. if work is don't you go home early (not paid) and if not finished you could be doing up to 3 hours extra each night, no negotiations.
Management are good when you need help or advice and always available to ask any questions
The most enjoyable part of my day is achieving the daily picks required.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Working Hours
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Lake of Training if required by employees
Trainee Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 August 2018
If an employee is struggling in certain areas Aldi give them 3 chances to get it right without offering extra training. The management are only about saving on money
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management and training
Challenging with no appreciation
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswestry, Shropshire6 February 2019
No 2 days are the same but the stress is always there.
As a manager you will be working long days, weeks, months with little to no appreciation. As a deputy manager you will be expected to take the flak for any mistake but when a job is done well your upper management will take the glory.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, no progression, cut in christmas bonus and overtime
Good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
I worked for Aldi for about 1 year. I have to say that I was really happy with the company. Colleagues are nice and hard workers. Even the management is nice what is really unusual in these days. The job is well paid and the working hours basically depends on you. If u want you can do progress really quick.
My only cons are not really the company's fault so I won't write it to the "Cons" section but I must mention that you need a lot of patience when you dealing with costumers. Aldi is one of the cheapest so many of the costumers come from the "living on benefits level" or simply just stupid. People do "amazing" things, making the shop really messy every day. Of course there are many nice costumers as well.
After all it is a good place to work full with opportunities.
Pros
Good money, nice colleagues and management
Cons
Can't really think on anything
Poor managemnt
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 October 2018
Management turned funny against me from the day I made them aware I was pregnant they made me feel very small and was not compassionate regarding the fact I was having a tough time with my son and been a single parent I had worked with them for 6 years and it had a bad effect on my mental health to which even my doctor advise I left the job , they even had my job title down as a stock assistant for 3 years and paid me stock assistant rate which was lower than store assistant yet they have never rectified the problem or paid what I was owed from the 3 years
Pros
Pay rate
productive and efficient
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  North West9 September 2018
This is a good company to work for however you are expected to work unsociable hours and long shift, must be very hard working to work here.
I have learnt a lot at this company but there isn't many opportunities to step up your career with them.
management is ok but could be better.
The hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough staff as you are expected to do double the amount of work and it is harder to hit the targets that they give you.
I enjoyed parts of this job however can get very tedious if you are put on a till all day.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unsociable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K