ALDI Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold25 June 2018
Aldi is a superb company to work for, the management and people are all lovely and you are always clear on what tasks are at hand. Work morale is always high and everyone is always happy to help.
Hard work, always kept on your toes!
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire23 April 2018
Was a very fast paced and often challenging place to work, with minimal breaks and maximum effort required for the entirety of every shift. Stock replenishment was timed and management were constantly on your back, with no time to take a breath, but that all comes with the great hourly rate!
Pros
salary
Cons
short, no breaks, exhausting and unsociable hours
Fun, hard work, great benefits
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City, North Yorkshire27 February 2018
Overall Aldi is not a bad company to work for, The pay is better than most retail outlets, and the bond you make with your fellow colleagues can last a lifetime. once you get your working mentality to the same level its a great job and career opportunity, but make no mistake, it is hard work and very fast paced. i would always recommend people to have a go, but bare in mind, not everyone is suited to the Aldi way.

my only regret is for not sticking to my guns, an biding my time till promotion.
Pros
Great pay and staff benefits
Cons
Hard Work, fast paced, Challenging
Poor management
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees23 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at ALDI although the management were extremely biased toward all other authority figures in the business, not allowing anyone other than themselves to progress
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay, working hours, no advancement
Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
Productive and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 December 2017
Hectic days at work, as expected due to being the busiest store in England. I learened to work in a fast paced environment as calmly as possible i.e putting out stock and helping customers out at the same time and still managing to work in a time limit. Hardest part of the job would be working pallets during the day time and still having an expected time to finish each delivery. A lot of pressure.
Pros
Good pay, paid lunch, double pay on public holidays, socialising.
Cons
Long hours, finishing after the store assistants (even when we finish before them
Served a purpose
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire14 November 2017
I had no intention to stay for the long term, however, it served a fair purpose during my 3 year undergraduate degree. The pay is good for the sector and it is basic, achievable work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Boring
Terrible company
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham14 October 2017
Poor management, terrible working conditions and ridiculous expectations made this job unbearable for several years before I was offered a route out..
Loved working here
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford8 September 2017
Hard work on night shift 10 till 6 to stock the whole store in one delivery of upto 30+ pallets of stock but a very good company to work for. I really liked working at aldi great people to work with good management always there to help if you need them.pay was great with lots of perks christmas bonus of 40 pounds worth of vouchers to spend in store unfortunately no staff discount but the goods are so cheap and excellent quality.
Pros
Really good pay rates and suitable hours if you like nights or days.
Cons
Lots of walking and lifting at pace to get deliverys complete
It's a job
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria31 July 2017
You pretty much do the same thing every day that you're there. Good for getting into a routine, the only thing that changes is the work load. sometimes it's really busy, sometimes it's not. The early morning starts aren't for everyone (5am)
Pros
shifts fly in
Cons
early starts
Drive for Increased Efficiency
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickford15 July 2017
I would tidy and organise the store including putting out new stock, there was a culture of driving to increase the speed and accuracy of these jobs in order to improve the running of the shop.
Pros
Good basic pay, oppertunity for overtime
Salary decent and makes customer satisfaction key
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheldon8 July 2017
Great place to work however can be repetitive and can't keep to contracted hours, hours are very flexible and can sometimes be more than than contracted however they've been struggling to get contracted hours across the store.
Pros
Aldi perks: discounts on stores and places
Cons
Repetitive
good support
stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Burntwood, Staffordshire3 July 2017
I enjoyed working for Aldi, the staff always ensured that it was a happy and safe place to work. as a young person I learned valuable life skills whilst working at aldi, and will take these through life with me.
working at aldi was a great experience
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands19 June 2017
I learned allot from working at aldi and i loved the enviroment, they kept wanting to push me further but were very understandable. Whilst the work can be intense it was very rewarding, highly reccomend working with such an amazing company
Pros
great pay
Cons
high demand from you physically
Ok workplace
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa12 June 2017
Great colleagues to work with, management sometimes not listening to what you have to say, constantly held back from progression as other managers given far too many chances, having good member of staff leave due to not having opinion heard or nothing changing when meetings were conducted. Rubbish hours due to contract.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
prductive great working atmospere.
Stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire15 May 2017
working delivery was hard work however very rewarding once completed. Learnt how to rotate products and the PLU codes. hardest part of the job was decarding the store.
Pros
discount off products
fun and kept you moving
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold13 March 2017
i enjoyed working at aldi, just the speed you have to complete a task is unrealistic for any human to complete in those timelines but other than that the pay is good friendly people to work with and is a easy job to understand
Pros
good wages
Cons
boring job
Workplace for robots
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 March 2017
Terrible place. They don't give any possibilities to develop yourself. Management was terrible. Some people may be more lucky then I was, .
Great place if you have no commitments
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire18 February 2017
As long as you have no commitments ( although they do try and accommodate you if you do), you get good hours. Thoroughly enjoyed working there. Management progression is very slow in store, unless you're right up there, you won't really get past deputy for years.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Long days, weeks.
Excellent Team!
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardigan, Ceredigion17 February 2017
It was a daunting feeling when you were given a set amount of pallets to do and then given the time frame. Odds were always stacked against the team but as always pulled through no matter what, were always willing to stay on a little later in order for the delivery to be complete. It almost inspired me to go above and beyond my job role in order to make it easier on the rest of the staff. I enjoyed working there a lot and if i hadn't of been going to university I would of stayed there without a doubt!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Tended to work over time for most of the shifts (unpaid)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K