ALDI Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 4,775 reviews
Hard work, always kept on your toes!
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire23 April 2018
Was a very fast paced and often challenging place to work, with minimal breaks and maximum effort required for the entirety of every shift. Stock replenishment was timed and management were constantly on your back, with no time to take a breath, but that all comes with the great hourly rate!
Pros
salary
Cons
short, no breaks, exhausting and unsociable hours
Fun, hard work, great benefits
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City, North Yorkshire27 February 2018
Overall Aldi is not a bad company to work for, The pay is better than most retail outlets, and the bond you make with your fellow colleagues can last a lifetime. once you get your working mentality to the same level its a great job and career opportunity, but make no mistake, it is hard work and very fast paced. i would always recommend people to have a go, but bare in mind, not everyone is suited to the Aldi way.

my only regret is for not sticking to my guns, an biding my time till promotion.
Pros
Great pay and staff benefits
Cons
Hard Work, fast paced, Challenging
Very Productive workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eccles, Greater Manchester25 June 2018
During a shift at work things are very intense but all staff members work together and very hard to get tasks completed. I have learnt alot in my time working for aldi and this has enabled me to become a fast paced worker not onky on my own but also in groups to help others succeed like myself. Working for aldi is a fast paced enviroment some days it can seem hard but you find ways to make it work smoothly to the best of your ability so i dont believe the role i have is hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers becuase you meet differant types of people on a daily basis.
Pros
Aldi Perks
Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
Efficiency
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire6 January 2017
I would come in to the delivery of that day and work that until the end of my shift, if i had finished early i would be put on (carding) which is cleaning the shelves for the next day. I had learnt to time keep very efficiently as you had a time period in which to do pallets, the co-workers were very fun to work with however with some of the management i felt that they were not very helpful and out for themselves and themselves only. Hardest part of the job was adapting to deadlines and the most enjoyable was talking to customer's and helping them.
Pros
Very competitive salary
Cons
Short breaks
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold25 June 2018
Aldi is a superb company to work for, the management and people are all lovely and you are always clear on what tasks are at hand. Work morale is always high and everyone is always happy to help.
Productive and fast paced.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire29 August 2018
Very pro active, independent job.
Bad experience with all managers I worked with although the rest of the staff were great.
Pay very well and always lots of hours available.
Productive and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 December 2017
Hectic days at work, as expected due to being the busiest store in England. I learened to work in a fast paced environment as calmly as possible i.e putting out stock and helping customers out at the same time and still managing to work in a time limit. Hardest part of the job would be working pallets during the day time and still having an expected time to finish each delivery. A lot of pressure.
Pros
Good pay, paid lunch, double pay on public holidays, socialising.
Cons
Long hours, finishing after the store assistants (even when we finish before them
Poor management
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees23 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at ALDI although the management were extremely biased toward all other authority figures in the business, not allowing anyone other than themselves to progress
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay, working hours, no advancement
Fast and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalville6 December 2015
Can be a fun workplace as long as you work hard and fast paced.
The salary is very good.
Management need to improve.
The colleagues are extremely friendly.
Working is fast and hard but you gain their recognition.
Pros
Salary, good supervisors, the work load.
Cons
Contracted hours-too little to make a living.

Want to know more about ALDI?

Ask a question
I love working there
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, ENG7 January 2015
I enjoy my job mainly because of the people that I work with. We work as a team but this can unfortunately sometimes result in some co-workers becoming lazy and relying on others to finish their jobs for them. However, this is being worked on and all employees are pushed (not extensively) to be successful.
Pros
improved knowledge and skill within the company
Cons
hard work but the salary makes it worthwhile
Awful experience
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG17 January 2016
The salary is good but this doesn't outweigh the cons. Regularly text you to say your shift has been cancelled, and often send you home early when there's too many people in. They don't pay you for your contracted hours . Management us awful, n communication skills.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Poor management
Aldi
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford18 October 2015
Working for aldi promised to be fast paced, intensive and rewarding, anything could be further from the truth, training consisted of a day and a half of going through an out of date book, watching a dvd and then being thrown straight onto the shop floor, after starting on the night shift, the manager started moaning at me for not being fast enough rather than offering me advice on how to improve my speed and accuracy with the picklist, money wise, yes they pay quite well, but don't expect anything over your contracted hours to be paid to you in the first month. the management structure and politics within the company are atrocious, I would say if anyone is going for a job with aldi, then be prepared to generally be spoken to like something like a piece of .... under someones shoe, and if you're willing to put up with it, then good luck.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, management
Productive and Rewarding place to work
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Catterick Garrison7 March 2013
During a typical day at work I start at 5am and mainly focus on the Chiller, I was given this responsibilty just before christmas. This involves getting all the stock out on the shelves, making sure the deliveries are accurate, date checking, getting rid of any waste, keeping the chiller tidy and clean and just keeping it in an organised manner.
Whilst working here I've learnt how important stock rotation is in supermarkets and how working as a team can benefit both yourself and the store so much.
Management at Aldi are very helpful, they always guide me on how to make the most out of my time at work. They trained me very well and fast and I appreciate this because it allowed me to then work on my own initiative.
The hardest part of the job was probably the set time limit it was allowed to get all of the delivery out on the shop floor before the store opened, depending on the size of delivery sometimes this could be extremely hard and stressful, especially over the busy christmas periods.
Their are quite a few enjoyable parts of the job, these involve the praise I get when I have carried out my reponsibilities in the set time to a high standard. Also my co-workers make my job so much more enjoyable, ever since the first day I started I felt part of a team and this is very important to me, we always have a laugh at work and I think this is needed for you to fully get the enjoyment out of out job.
Pros
bonuses, i don't live a far distance away, praise
Cons
unsociable hours
Productive and busy work place.
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melksham2 July 2015
This company is a very busy supermarket that has targets to be met like most work places, however, once these targets have been met they do not expect you to stand still, they expect you to move forward and speed up.
Pros
High salary per hour
Cons
Not many hours
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2016
I was working for ALDI for over a year in the past.
My work consisted in filling shelf at night with new prodoucts, products that were sold day before also I was checking if products were not out of date or in poor condition before shop oppening
Work wasn`t difficult to be honest I`ve learned a lot about how the things work outside shop working hours.
Management always willing to help and we worked in good atmosphere.
Also I can`t say nothing bad about other co-workers, people were very friendly and we also tried to do a good team work.
The hardest part of the job was always when delivery truck stuck In traffic or something and came late. Then we had to double incoming stock (very time consuming thing to do) and speed up to make sure shop is ready before opening.
The most enjoyable part of job was of course a pay day ;)
Pros
payment break
Great Benefits and friendly staff
stock assistant at Aldi (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG18 September 2015
Working at Aldi offers flexible hours and great benefits. You will be expected to meet all timings on pallets and ensure inventory tests are completed in order to minimize losses.
Great staff, demanding and disconnected management.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire5 May 2016
The job is hard and fast, as long as you a prepared to work hard and be on your toes all day, then you will be OK in the role. I have found the staff in store to be positive friendly and a joy to work with.

However, it is clear that ALDI management do not value their employees that much and are out of touch: unreasonable and stressful demands, changes in work practices for no understandable reason, promises made about working conditions that are not kept. I was personally told that I would not be doing night shifts and then ended up doing them a couple of months later for several weeks.

I don't mind working there, but I certainly don't want to do the job for ever.
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
Overworked, strict, cut hours when they can
Loved working here
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford8 September 2017
Hard work on night shift 10 till 6 to stock the whole store in one delivery of upto 30+ pallets of stock but a very good company to work for. I really liked working at aldi great people to work with good management always there to help if you need them.pay was great with lots of perks christmas bonus of 40 pounds worth of vouchers to spend in store unfortunately no staff discount but the goods are so cheap and excellent quality.
Pros
Really good pay rates and suitable hours if you like nights or days.
Cons
Lots of walking and lifting at pace to get deliverys complete
Friendly and challenging
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nelson14 October 2015
Most days are routine and can be tedious as well as physically demanding dependent on the stores takings and workload. I've learnt new efficient ways to work as well as handling multiple tasks to benefit any given situation. Management are firm but fair though sometimes overlook staffs work and social balance. Rota are often changed and staff are sent home early on a regular basis. There is plenty of opportunity for development in a safe and welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job is the monotonous routine as well as being very top heavy regarding lower positions of employment (i.e. few sales assistant and lots of management). The most enjoyable aspect of working for Aldi is working alongside a friendly and driven team.
Pros
Job security, staff friendliness, new experience to retail
Cons
Poor social/work balance, extremely varied shifts, can be more stressful than necessary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K