ALDI Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
Served a purpose
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire14 November 2017
I had no intention to stay for the long term, however, it served a fair purpose during my 3 year undergraduate degree. The pay is good for the sector and it is basic, achievable work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Boring
Terrible company
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham14 October 2017
Poor management, terrible working conditions and ridiculous expectations made this job unbearable for several years before I was offered a route out..
Loved working here
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford8 September 2017
Hard work on night shift 10 till 6 to stock the whole store in one delivery of upto 30+ pallets of stock but a very good company to work for. I really liked working at aldi great people to work with good management always there to help if you need them.pay was great with lots of perks christmas bonus of 40 pounds worth of vouchers to spend in store unfortunately no staff discount but the goods are so cheap and excellent quality.
Pros
Really good pay rates and suitable hours if you like nights or days.
Cons
Lots of walking and lifting at pace to get deliverys complete
It's a job
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria31 July 2017
You pretty much do the same thing every day that you're there. Good for getting into a routine, the only thing that changes is the work load. sometimes it's really busy, sometimes it's not. The early morning starts aren't for everyone (5am)
Pros
shifts fly in
Cons
early starts
Drive for Increased Efficiency
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickford15 July 2017
I would tidy and organise the store including putting out new stock, there was a culture of driving to increase the speed and accuracy of these jobs in order to improve the running of the shop.
Pros
Good basic pay, oppertunity for overtime
Salary decent and makes customer satisfaction key
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheldon8 July 2017
Great place to work however can be repetitive and can't keep to contracted hours, hours are very flexible and can sometimes be more than than contracted however they've been struggling to get contracted hours across the store.
Pros
Aldi perks: discounts on stores and places
Cons
Repetitive
good support
stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Burntwood, Staffordshire3 July 2017
I enjoyed working for Aldi, the staff always ensured that it was a happy and safe place to work. as a young person I learned valuable life skills whilst working at aldi, and will take these through life with me.
working at aldi was a great experience
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands19 June 2017
I learned allot from working at aldi and i loved the enviroment, they kept wanting to push me further but were very understandable. Whilst the work can be intense it was very rewarding, highly reccomend working with such an amazing company
Pros
great pay
Cons
high demand from you physically
Ok workplace
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa12 June 2017
Great colleagues to work with, management sometimes not listening to what you have to say, constantly held back from progression as other managers given far too many chances, having good member of staff leave due to not having opinion heard or nothing changing when meetings were conducted. Rubbish hours due to contract.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
prductive great working atmospere.
Stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire15 May 2017
working delivery was hard work however very rewarding once completed. Learnt how to rotate products and the PLU codes. hardest part of the job was decarding the store.
Pros
discount off products
fun and kept you moving
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold13 March 2017
i enjoyed working at aldi, just the speed you have to complete a task is unrealistic for any human to complete in those timelines but other than that the pay is good friendly people to work with and is a easy job to understand
Pros
good wages
Cons
boring job
Workplace for robots
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 March 2017
Terrible place. They don't give any possibilities to develop yourself. Management was terrible. Some people may be more lucky then I was, .
Great place if you have no commitments
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire18 February 2017
As long as you have no commitments ( although they do try and accommodate you if you do), you get good hours. Thoroughly enjoyed working there. Management progression is very slow in store, unless you're right up there, you won't really get past deputy for years.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Long days, weeks.
Excellent Team!
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardigan, Ceredigion17 February 2017
It was a daunting feeling when you were given a set amount of pallets to do and then given the time frame. Odds were always stacked against the team but as always pulled through no matter what, were always willing to stay on a little later in order for the delivery to be complete. It almost inspired me to go above and beyond my job role in order to make it easier on the rest of the staff. I enjoyed working there a lot and if i hadn't of been going to university I would of stayed there without a doubt!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Tended to work over time for most of the shifts (unpaid)
good place to work
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham15 February 2017
aldi is a very hard and demanding place to work but is also gives you a pride in how you work and changes the way you see day to day work life
Pros
paid for breaks
Cons
sometimes loose hours
A great company to work for
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 January 2017
Excellent company.
Great opportunity to progress in the company an all staff and management work brilliantly as a team.
Pros
Goo pay
Efficiency
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire6 January 2017
I would come in to the delivery of that day and work that until the end of my shift, if i had finished early i would be put on (carding) which is cleaning the shelves for the next day. I had learnt to time keep very efficiently as you had a time period in which to do pallets, the co-workers were very fun to work with however with some of the management i felt that they were not very helpful and out for themselves and themselves only. Hardest part of the job was adapting to deadlines and the most enjoyable was talking to customer's and helping them.
Pros
Very competitive salary
Cons
Short breaks
rude and unorganised
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwich2 January 2017
I worked here for 6 months. I received no training. Some people within the store would talk behind each others back. I started in the September and wasn't invited to the christmas party as I 'Hadn't been there long enough' the whole 6 month period the 2 store managers were off with stress (convenient as it was across the christmas period). They ultimately left the store in a mess. The day they came back they said to me my standard of work was 'what they expected to seen on day one'. However it had been good enough to be doing nearly triple my contract across christmas. I quite the next day.
Fun work place but area managers are no help
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 December 2016
I loved working at Aldi it is anmazing plave to work and will be the best job you have ever done. The downfall is the Area Managers they dont seem to have time for you.

Overall i can't fault the training or the managment they were amazng and would go back to working there in a heartbeat.
Pros
Having a laugh with everyone. Good Pay. Always something to do
Cons
Walking for long hours. Takes forever for a reply and area managers not involved enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41K