ALDI Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

its a ok job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 April 2018
aldi is ok. its just certain things about it. first of all, aldi doesn't really give a about you or your outside life, this can mean standby shifts very frequently because of the store trying to meet unrealistic productivity targets and you have to turn up to these standby shifts otherwise your are warned.
Pros
good pay and good people to work with
Cons
long hours early mornings tight targets
Hard work but satisfying
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
A good company giving store assistants experience in all areas of the store from customer service to stock control. The job is varied and can involve many roles in one day keeping the job interesting. Customer interaction is the most important part of the jo whatever your role might be that day.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times
worst place i ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syston, Leicestershire6 February 2018
very fast paced work environment. not allowed to talk to colleagues on shop floor. old fashioned way of tills. too much work for one person to do. working there was like a basketball game, you're not allowed to stand still!
the hours are poor. either 6am start or 10:30pm finish.
Pros
pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunstall24 January 2018
I started Aldi during university doing around 15 hours a week, I was able to bag myself more hours, however when I went back to university it felt like the management team didn't seem to remember what contract i was on in the first place and would not put my hours back to 15.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Wasn't very flexible with Students
great people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire8 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aldi an would still be there today trying to further my career given the opportunity. The thing is whilst working there my girlfriend gave birth to our wonderful son and not long after started suffering from post natal depression. this had a crippling affect on her day to day life and I had no choice but to leave work and help out at home.
Pros
fantastic rate of pay
Cons
long houre i couldnt manage my work life and my family life on the hours i was putting in.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Good money, hard work, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire26 December 2017
Store manager was useless at job and his mate was his boss so got away with murder. I don't want to write anymore as there was an exclusion clause in my contract.
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Pays well but thats about all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  England17 September 2017
I do feel let down with some staff members as they are power hungry and tried to make my days miserable. The time limits that you are asked to do is crazy and i feel its not worth taking a job that pays well just to leave and dread going back.
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset17 September 2017
I worked at ALDI for around 2 years as a sales assistant. As a sales assistant the salary is excellent and overtime was always required if you wanted the extra hours! Everyone works as part of a team and there is always support when necessary. The job comes with lots of rewards and there is a good work and social balance!
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short breaks
Hated it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge13 September 2017
Absolutely hate it the management is all over the place and I just hated the amount of pressure that was put on me for someone who wasn't even management
Pros
Cons
Absolutely pants
Employment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 August 2017
How many cashiers do Aldi employ over 50??? As from what I can see it's not a lot, obviously preferring to employ younger people, which is discrimination and against the law !! Shame on Aldi
Pros
Cons
Only employ young peopl
Well paid but that's literally it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon29 July 2017
Horrible workforce mentally, completely money driven, unrealistic expectations set but are normally unachievable due to constant understaffing (simply because their too cheap to Care about the stress of the floor staff) and I'm not quite sure if it's a requirement but atleast it seemed that mangerment have been kept in their box their entire life as they have 0 people skills and 0 empathy. Though, it was a nice bit of money, it's shame the only time you'll get to spend it is if you leave or get sacked.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Endless and endless
hard work - worth it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth4 July 2017
I worked here for 4 months & I was shocked at how hard the work was. But they understand, and not only pay you well but treat you well. Very positive atmosphere and feeling
Official response from ALDI
11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. A career at Aldi can be challenging and demanding, which is something many of our employees enjoy and find rewarding. Many thanks.

its a hard job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire29 June 2017
it is a hard and past paced environment where you have to work within time limits for delivery etc. It is retail, so dont expect a weekend off. It pays only slightly more, a few pence, than LIDL, but LIDL get staff discount
Pros
decent wage
Cons
hard work
hard work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone22 May 2017
very face pace of work and very demanding within reaching time limits. Hard finding a work balance when shifts vary and occur at all different hours. best part is the team you work with
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, UK19 May 2017
long hours early starts late nights very hard work not family orientated at all. cant find any good words about this employment. does not look after staff
Pros
Cons
long hours did not look after staff
Average.
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London2 May 2017
Working on varied sections depsite not a vast amount of training or understanding from management that as a new employee you don't actually know everything.
Impatient management, pften rude and belittling.
Only bonus about this job is the pay, even then the worth of the job in relation to pay is questionable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours with short brekas, rude management.
Fun and great benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romsey, Hampshire17 March 2017
I absolutely loved working for ALDI, the people there are lovely and no matter what the shift might have been it always went really fast. The pay and benefits was amazing and they worked shifts around to fit me and my college life.
Pros
Great pay, good hours
Cons
Long shifts (especially on weekends)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K