ALDI Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 4,788 reviews
Awful Interviewer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside8 January 2019
I had an interview for the St Helens branch with the area manager, who answered a call in the middle of the interview (to ask if a friend was feeling well) - she never apologised for this, and went about like nothing had happened.

So disrespectful and I can only assume this is the company standard for how little respect they have for potential and current employees.
Dont invest in employees as much as they should
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent17 November 2018
Good rate of pay,
Don't rotate jobs evenly i.e shop floor and till work.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and the regular customers.
Negative management and backwards approach.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen31 October 2018
I do not know if the same can be said for every Aldi store but the one I had the displeasure of working in had an extremely incompetent store manager. The store was not fair and not all staff members were treated equally or given an equal chance to improve. For example: I had started in November of 2017 and it took until October of 2018 for me to be trained on using the bailor. Instead of being given opportunities to work in multiple departments I was always placed on the tills. Which I would not have minded had it not been for the fact that I had to meet the store scanning target of 950 items per our on a 10 hour shift... As you can imagine this was quite tiresome and boring.

The highlight of the job was the pay. If you don't mind thing as mentioned above for an above average hourly rate then it probably is worth looking into.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
Long shifts, no job satisfaction, poor management
Not all bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire25 October 2018
The interview was a large group but fairly standard. Just like any retail job it wasnt great. very early starts/late finishes s quite hard to plan your life around it.
Pros
Friendly staff, paid lunch
Cons
4-5 am starts, high targets
Extremely poor management and very unfriendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire17 September 2018
I am working for the company for just 6 weeks now. The training was very short (had to be three weeks long but was 1 week and a half long) and unprofessional (lots of things were unsaid and after I was accused that I was doing something wrong), while expectations (after the training) are sky high.
Example:you are expected to do the same amount of work (after a few days) as someone who is working there for 5 months.
They (management and management only, I do not blame the company) give you no time to adapt and are always (and I mean always) angry if you don't reach their expectations
Managers will not care that you are still learning and will pressure you so badly that you will consider to leave the job after the first month (if not earlier).
Regarding team members: many are very nice and helpful (mainly new recruits) while others are angry on you all the time, no matter how hard you try or how polite you are towards them.
Pros
Good pay (but it is just not worth it)
Cons
Most shifts are of 10 hours (5 days a week), plus you will not have 2 days off in a row
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands14 June 2018
I had a great time working at ALDI, everyone was great to work with and I was always provided with more than enough hours to keep myself financially afloat.
Would happily work there again should the opportunity arise.
average workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent14 June 2018
I found the company knew what they wanted and knew how to deliver it, from them i have learnt a lot, but as an individual within a store, i was wanting more hours and a chance to climb the ladder, this was held back from me due to the management at the time didn't favour myself and others in the same boat having children.
Cons
long hours, not always getting your breaks
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 June 2018
A typical day at work....
see's you doing everything from produce, to putting out flowers to re stocking shelves, Unless you are on 1st call or 2nd call where you will never leave the tills
Working for Aldi Melksham.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire5 June 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Aldi as I got to interact with customers and learnt how to work in a fast paced environment. However the managers of the establishment often came across very rude and I felt discriminated against due to my age.
Pros
paid breaks, good salary
Cons
rude managers, long hours
Exciting
all different shifts
sometimes 4 sometimes 10 hours
its a ok job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 April 2018
aldi is ok. its just certain things about it. first of all, aldi doesn't really give a about you or your outside life, this can mean standby shifts very frequently because of the store trying to meet unrealistic productivity targets and you have to turn up to these standby shifts otherwise your are warned.
Pros
good pay and good people to work with
Cons
long hours early mornings tight targets
Hard work but satisfying
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
A good company giving store assistants experience in all areas of the store from customer service to stock control. The job is varied and can involve many roles in one day keeping the job interesting. Customer interaction is the most important part of the jo whatever your role might be that day.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times
worst place i ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syston, Leicestershire6 February 2018
very fast paced work environment. not allowed to talk to colleagues on shop floor. old fashioned way of tills. too much work for one person to do. working there was like a basketball game, you're not allowed to stand still!
the hours are poor. either 6am start or 10:30pm finish.
Pros
pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunstall24 January 2018
I started Aldi during university doing around 15 hours a week, I was able to bag myself more hours, however when I went back to university it felt like the management team didn't seem to remember what contract i was on in the first place and would not put my hours back to 15.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Wasn't very flexible with Students
great people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire8 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aldi an would still be there today trying to further my career given the opportunity. The thing is whilst working there my girlfriend gave birth to our wonderful son and not long after started suffering from post natal depression. this had a crippling affect on her day to day life and I had no choice but to leave work and help out at home.
Pros
fantastic rate of pay
Cons
long houre i couldnt manage my work life and my family life on the hours i was putting in.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Good money, hard work, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire26 December 2017
Store manager was useless at job and his mate was his boss so got away with murder. I don't want to write anymore as there was an exclusion clause in my contract.
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K