ALDI Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Extremely poor management and very unfriendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire17 September 2018
I am working for the company for just 6 weeks now. The training was very short (had to be three weeks long but was 1 week and a half long) and unprofessional (lots of things were unsaid and after I was accused that I was doing something wrong), while expectations (after the training) are sky high.
Example:you are expected to do the same amount of work (after a few days) as someone who is working there for 5 months.
They (management and management only, I do not blame the company) give you no time to adapt and are always (and I mean always) angry if you don't reach their expectations
Managers will not care that you are still learning and will pressure you so badly that you will consider to leave the job after the first month (if not earlier).
Regarding team members: many are very nice and helpful (mainly new recruits) while others are angry on you all the time, no matter how hard you try or how polite you are towards them.
Pros
Good pay (but it is just not worth it)
Cons
Most shifts are of 10 hours (5 days a week), plus you will not have 2 days off in a row
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands14 June 2018
I had a great time working at ALDI, everyone was great to work with and I was always provided with more than enough hours to keep myself financially afloat.
Would happily work there again should the opportunity arise.
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 June 2018
A typical day at work....
see's you doing everything from produce, to putting out flowers to re stocking shelves, Unless you are on 1st call or 2nd call where you will never leave the tills
Working for Aldi Melksham.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire5 June 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Aldi as I got to interact with customers and learnt how to work in a fast paced environment. However the managers of the establishment often came across very rude and I felt discriminated against due to my age.
Pros
paid breaks, good salary
Cons
rude managers, long hours
Exciting
all different shifts
sometimes 4 sometimes 10 hours
its a ok job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 April 2018
aldi is ok. its just certain things about it. first of all, aldi doesn't really give a about you or your outside life, this can mean standby shifts very frequently because of the store trying to meet unrealistic productivity targets and you have to turn up to these standby shifts otherwise your are warned.
Pros
good pay and good people to work with
Cons
long hours early mornings tight targets
Hard work but satisfying
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
A good company giving store assistants experience in all areas of the store from customer service to stock control. The job is varied and can involve many roles in one day keeping the job interesting. Customer interaction is the most important part of the jo whatever your role might be that day.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours at times
worst place i ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syston, Leicestershire6 February 2018
very fast paced work environment. not allowed to talk to colleagues on shop floor. old fashioned way of tills. too much work for one person to do. working there was like a basketball game, you're not allowed to stand still!
the hours are poor. either 6am start or 10:30pm finish.
Pros
pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunstall24 January 2018
I started Aldi during university doing around 15 hours a week, I was able to bag myself more hours, however when I went back to university it felt like the management team didn't seem to remember what contract i was on in the first place and would not put my hours back to 15.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Wasn't very flexible with Students
great people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire8 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aldi an would still be there today trying to further my career given the opportunity. The thing is whilst working there my girlfriend gave birth to our wonderful son and not long after started suffering from post natal depression. this had a crippling affect on her day to day life and I had no choice but to leave work and help out at home.
Pros
fantastic rate of pay
Cons
long houre i couldnt manage my work life and my family life on the hours i was putting in.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Good money, hard work, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire26 December 2017
Store manager was useless at job and his mate was his boss so got away with murder. I don't want to write anymore as there was an exclusion clause in my contract.
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Pays well but thats about all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  England17 September 2017
I do feel let down with some staff members as they are power hungry and tried to make my days miserable. The time limits that you are asked to do is crazy and i feel its not worth taking a job that pays well just to leave and dread going back.
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset17 September 2017
I worked at ALDI for around 2 years as a sales assistant. As a sales assistant the salary is excellent and overtime was always required if you wanted the extra hours! Everyone works as part of a team and there is always support when necessary. The job comes with lots of rewards and there is a good work and social balance!
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short breaks
Hated it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge13 September 2017
Absolutely hate it the management is all over the place and I just hated the amount of pressure that was put on me for someone who wasn't even management
Pros
Cons
Absolutely pants
Employment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 August 2017
How many cashiers do Aldi employ over 50??? As from what I can see it's not a lot, obviously preferring to employ younger people, which is discrimination and against the law !! Shame on Aldi
Pros
Cons
Only employ young peopl
Well paid but that's literally it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon29 July 2017
Horrible workforce mentally, completely money driven, unrealistic expectations set but are normally unachievable due to constant understaffing (simply because their too cheap to Care about the stress of the floor staff) and I'm not quite sure if it's a requirement but atleast it seemed that mangerment have been kept in their box their entire life as they have 0 people skills and 0 empathy. Though, it was a nice bit of money, it's shame the only time you'll get to spend it is if you leave or get sacked.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Endless and endless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51K