ALDI Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

not enjoyable
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent15 February 2018
at first glance Aldi where the perfect employers. really flexible with hours and everything else. but what's expected of its staff members is beyond fair. the pay is irrelevant, The way they teach you the job is out of a booklet, but you aren't shown how to do anything so be prepared to get shut down a lot.
No Life More Money
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester15 February 2018
Although the pay is good, the hours are not so. You will reach promotion IF you rid yourself of a social life and bend over backwards to be spoken to like s**t. Put up and shut up.
Pros
Money Is Good
Cons
Work Horse
Poor Management. Would not recommend.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester13 February 2018
Poor management and communication, although training is broad once this is complete its every man for himself. Not impressed with how staff concerns are dealt with. If you have an incident on tills and request a manager they won't be impressed. However, if you flag this or anything else you are concerned or unsure of, at the end of a shift don't expect any kind of response. Wouldn't recommend, especially in a full-time role. Even at the start of this employment, I have nothing but negative storeys from existing staff on the operation of the store.
hardworking plase with a lot of pressure
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury11 February 2018
very fast pace working place. Very straight forward structure. nice place to work as long as you can keep up with the pace.
company seems to be unsure which direction to go. (customer service/cost)
A Step Forward
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakham2 February 2018
Every day of work at Aldi for me are days of joy, and seeing the satisfaction of the customers by all the assistance and help offered makes me end the day with my duty fulfilled.
Nice environment
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  England31 January 2018
Pay is good but they do not give enough hours and every week your shifts change sometimes get my days off in a week and they give me all my hours over weekends
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Long hours on till
Productive and fun workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield31 January 2018
Aldi is a fun environment with many transferable skills, I have learnt proper customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is to engage with different kinds of customers and personalities.
Loved working for Aldi!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton30 January 2018
Fabulous company to work for. Excellent pay and good hours, lots of overtime available!

I really thrived during my time there. Great for anyone wanting a career in a fast paced, customer focused environment! Excellent career development opportunities if you put in the work and show commitment. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential however, as is the ability to multi-task and work alone as well as in a team. Flexibility is key too, not the best job for single mothers/fathers as the job requires all staff work weekends and the shifts can vary on a week to week basis. Sometimes on a day to day!

Overall a brilliant place to work and start a career. I’d go back in a flash given the opportunity!
Pros
Great pay, career advancement opportunities, good hours, customer focused company, excellent management, career advancement opportunities, great training package
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Great opportunities
Aldi Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham29 January 2018
Fun place to work as a team player always working alongside colleagues and management. Great benefits offered by Aldi and great opportunities to progress a career within this big company.
Daily routines date checks and stocking shelves also scanning items at checkout being flexible.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No discounts
Was very fun to work for, also gained alot of necessary skills
Store Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade28 January 2018
At Aldi i really enjoyed the work environment, i got along with all my colleagues and even made friends their, the work was easy to understand but hard to do takes a certain type of person to work here, I enjoyed it thoroughly sadly circumstances changed and I could no longer work their but given the opportunity I would go back in a flash
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Weird Hours
OK place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 January 2018
Great wage, friendly place. Fast paced and always something to do. Good company to work in general for but 10 hour shifts with only half an hour breaks is extreme.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, no discount
Hard
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire26 January 2018
Hard, fast paced environment and time bound goals which are not always achievable due to work load, till work expected to scan 1000 to 1100 items per hour with no focus on helping customers.
Pros
Good management training
Cons
Very stressful
Good job
Aldi Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haddington, East Lothian24 January 2018
Brilliant job sadly my dads ill health made my career come to an end the staff I worked with were very present and I met some new frwinds, the only bad thing is long hours !
Pros
Good colleagues
Good hours/life balance
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside23 January 2018
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace, the managers always help out on the shop floor. i saw quite a few other members of staff get promoted when they tried to.
Hard work.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley19 January 2018
Love everything about Aldi but it wasn't like that always. You have to be dedicated and never be scared to stand your ground and be respectful at the same time,

When I started it was culture shock for as this was my first time working in retail and in a new country. I was never meant to stay this long, I thought I would just stay for 6 months but ended up enjoying it.

Met lots of lovely people, we usually go out for drinks as often as we can and have a gossip about the annoying team members.

Don't isolate yourself and ask for help if you need it, everyone is tired especially when there's shortage of staff but we all willing to help!
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours and you earn your money
Good Firm
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester15 January 2018
Good well run business. With the perfect chance of progressing within the company. This job is not for the faint hearted. High pressured job at times but perfect for those who hate clock watching.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
None.
Positive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
Working at ALDI I regularly woke up excited or ready for work as it was always a positive atmosphere and very organised.
The managers always showed initiative to make the working atmosphere more acquitted to my needs as well as other store assistants.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
understaffed
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire9 January 2018
Extremely hard work but very rewarding. In my experience from my time at aldi is that they look after you and reward hard work. The only down side i would say is that they do not schedule your work rota to what best suits your needs so you will have to work night shifts even if you cannot arrange this.
Awful
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria9 January 2018
Horrible Company to work for. The management in this company all mock you, and they constantly look down their nose at you like they're better than you.
hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  easy grinstead5 January 2018
far more hours were expected to be worked then originally contracted

unrealistic expectations of items scanned through till, due to customers failing to load trolley as instructed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41K