ALDI Employee Reviews for Order Picker

warehouse selector
warehouse selector (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire2 January 2018
-Early morning starts and difference hours daily depending on orders.
-Learn to pick fast and efficiently.
-fast pace environment
-even though it s high pay a lot is expected of you
-use of different machines including Llop and Bulk mover
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
distance from where i live
Aldi warehouse
Selector (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire10 November 2017
Bad management . Mobbing, power abuse, i not recomend work for this company after couple years service, Health condition gone to minimum wasnt worth to work there
Great place to work for.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Atherstone1 November 2017
Aldi is committed to investing into its workers, and allowed me to develop and grow during my part time years in the warehouse within Atherstone. Though the hours were long they were worth the effort as you felt valued and your time whilst working for them.
Hard Work
Selector (Current Employee) –  Atherstone23 September 2017
To me it's not worth the money, even though the hourly rate is the best i've had, it is a very physically demanding job but the thing i struggled most with is the loneliness and depressive atmosphere of the work place and the people, no one wants to be there at all they just feel trapped and are used to the money which is hard to find else where without qualifications as such.
Pros
Money
Cons
The job
hard work place
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester7 June 2017
I find Aldi a challenge at times, I am 47 and some days going into work so early is a big issue when you are dealing with a heavy manual lifting Job. It is not an easy Job at all so although the pay is high the actual physical side of it can be debilitating. The staff who work there make the place everyone gets on well together so it's like a family on the worker's side. Seems that there no loyalty for people who have worked for longer periods.
Pros
fantastic guys and girls who work there and
Cons
no way for progression, same job day in day out really
Horrible job
Picker (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham1 June 2017
Horrible company to work for. Full of grasses who will do anything to get you in trouble , management are very very poor needs to be sorted immediatel
Pros
15 mins break, finish early
Tiring and no life
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire18 May 2017
Aldi pay good wages but for a reason! Your bodie is in bits and you don't have much of a life! It's more for single people it's having a impact on my relationship effecting my sleeping pattern
Pros
Free fruit and coffee
Cons
Long hours lifting heavy produce
Hard place to work
Selector (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex24 April 2017
If you like to wake up early and finish work by lunch time it's a very good place to work. Bad things are that the pick rate sometimes is just not achievable. But no one wants to know about it... I was told by my line manager that I can get a disciplinary if I don't reach the target, witch is 300 cases an hour. So you really have to manage every minute of your work... Sometimes even going to toilet can get you in to trouble, because you will lose your pick rate...
Pros
Free tea or coffe
Cons
early mornings and pick rate is to high
Picker
Picker (Current Employee) –  Swindon22 March 2017
Good money but it's not a good job for someone who owns a family as the hours of work are variable.
It is quite heavy lifting job and may cause some back problems.
After second payslip it wasn't funny place to work
Pick to zero/Order picker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 February 2017
Like the review's I've read mine is going to be similar. Bad management, although you are paid good hourly rate, but hours are short. So you end up with bad pay. And hours are not guaranteed. Our group started as 40 guy's and by today it's almost half of them gone. We keep complaning every evening during team breef, but that will not change their system nor the way they think. So this is not a job for life. It's time to shop around.
Pros
Cheep stuff in vending machines, free coffee
Cons
Too many to mention
A good place
logistics selector (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex4 January 2017
if your looking for good wages and benefits this is the place to work, the job is long hours and cold nights. if you dont mind things getting repetative then this is overall a good job
Just a number
Selector (Former Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire19 December 2016
I have previously worked for aldi warehouse, the staff turnover is .. alot, the management look down on you, the hours are awful, 20 ins break in an 8 hour shift is just not on, especially how hard they want you to graft, it was the biggest mistake of my life moving to this company.
Pros
Staff (not managers) are a laugh
Cons
One of the worst companys i have worked for
Friendly people, management needs work.
Cleaner/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Atherstone South and Mancetter27 July 2016
Also the hours are pretty standard for a warehouse and the people are always a laugh, the management still need to listen to their staff and make them feel appreciated.
never again
Picker (Former Employee) –  Barnsley17 July 2016
management useless.
talked to like dirt.
treat like muck.
workers easily disposed of.
meant to pay well, but not that well, not worth it when they see you as something they've stood in, especially if they have taken dislike to you.

would honestly avoid they go through staff like tissues
Challenging and fun
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 July 2016
A typical day at work is getting your headset and pod first thing, then walking to a pallet truck, then fill out your truck check sheet to ensure truck is in full working order. Report to the office before the shift starts to get gloves, marker pens and stick labels. When the shift starts your headset will ask you if you want an order, you will reply with yes an the headset will give you the number of pallets the order has and the store number of the order which you will write down on a sticky label. Then you say ok and the headset will tell you what slot to start picking from, you will then have to say the check digits for it to tell you how any to take, you repeat that process until you have finished your order then you put sticky labels on pallets and place in the correct store lane. I learned how to work in a team environment and use good communication, how to use the pick by vice system, how to work under pressure and how to work fast but efficiently. The management were strict but they had targets to deliver which relied on the order pickers but overall the management is good. My co-workers were very hard working, good communicators and showed good sportsmanship throughout a shift. The hardest part about the job was picking the heavy crates from a high pile and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting your pick rate as it is a personal achievement.
Pros
Cheap food in vending machines
Cons
Temprature changes
productive
Selector / Picker (Former Employee) –  middleton18 March 2016
not treated fairly/equally and management don't respond to anything you tell them positive or negative,co-workers are good but under alot of pressure to hit targets
friendly workplace
Selector (Current Employee) –  Atherstone15 January 2016
I get on with everybody at ALDI, staff are great and so are the management.
We all work together to get the work done and get home, the hardest part of my job would be getting up so early in the morning!
Other than this I enjoy going in to see my work colleagues.
fun
picker (Former Employee) –  chemsford22 October 2015
hard place to work very physically demanding no fixed hours its job and knock go home as soon as the works done the staff make it an enjoyable place to work though
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no fixed hours
Fast paced
Selector (Former Employee) –  Livingston, SCT15 August 2015
A typical day at work would be picking each order as they come. to fit as many item on the pallet without going over height limit of 1.8m. to ensure the pick is safe and secure.
Pros
early starts
Cons
no further training
Terrible Managment
warehouse selector (Current Employee) –  Bathgate, SCT29 January 2015
This job could be perfect as it pays well. Unfortunately hard workers are targeted by management and you are expected to pick up the slack of lazy co workers. Very physical .
Cons
Unsocialable hours rota most weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41K