ALDI Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

Productive and goal oriented environment.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 September 2018
I had been working as a manager for one year. As a deputy manager I was challenged every day with different tasks, which included organising the job tasks for my team and making sure everything is being finished to a high standard. I was expected to implement any changes which could improve store performance.
Pros
Lots of responsibility.
Cons
Bad work and life balance.
Not family friendly
Deputy store manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham3 September 2018
Worked for aldi for 7 years the progression plan is a con unless your face fits. Training is next to non. Ypu get a conversation record for breathing. Which is there equivalent to a disciplinary. Get 3 and your out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, working 7days straight.
Productive and fun workplace
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London24 August 2018
it is a very dynamic and active job. an amazing environment where to enhance your problem solving skills and customers service. great team work and the Company is investing more on building the staff.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
shift rota and weekend work
Stressful but good money
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 August 2018
it’s very difficult to have a good life balance as the rota s are always different. If you have children it’s not easy to find childcare with a job like this.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No balance between family life and work q
Negative Place
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire20 August 2018
its a job that could once justify its work requirements, on arriving over 4 years ago the principle was that you get payed one and a half peoples wage for doing 2 peoples jobs. This did not follow when minimum wage was raised and in my experience at a store which was taking between 1or2/3rd more than it was built to take, the workload often became unreasonable, no work environment nor any regards for personal life if you were young and didn't have a child. Overall its a job that taught me a lot but i will not miss it. In my earlier years of working there, legalities would often be looked over.
Pros
Never bored
Cons
Too many
Productive, hard work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2018
The company is good to work for if you're willing, you'll always be doing something and won't ever have an easy shift, the employees are all friendly and work well together if everyone is willing to work hard.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Hard work
hard work but great work/life balance
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 June 2018
tough physical job but a great team and a great place to work with its endless flexibility. chance of promotion however only up to store manager as any higher requires you to be a graduate.
productive and hard work
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford26 June 2018
the hardest part of the job is trying to fit all your job roles in to the time given they are very strict with productivity and constantly made to feel the pressure.
The team are amazing and can really pull together to make the job more enjoyable.
The management system is very strict and have a lot of responsibility, its trying to make sure you still hold the standards even with the added pressure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and strict on productivity
Awful
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 June 2018
Recruitment process took forever. No feedback regarding how did you do... Aldi pay you well... yes.. On their website they will worn you that job is tough however you cannot imagine how hard it is. I am in my 20, and I was struggling physically with this job my legs, back, neck even wrists was in pain constantly. You don't have when to catch a breath. If you stuck on main till you are struggling to even go to the toilet. Aldi will push you behind your limits. I do feel sorry for all the people which are still working there...
Pros
paid break
Cons
everything else
Nice People, Clever retailing
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Liskeard7 June 2018
Unfortunately although friendly Aldi has a rigid management system which stifles individuality and creativity. If you want an unthinking steady job in a good environment this is it. Huge difference in pay between Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager.
Pros
Friendly Growing Company
Cons
Pay and Rota doesnot Rotate !
hardworking atmosphere
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  bristol24 April 2018
a standard day is min 8 hour shifts and longest is 10 hours from early morning to midnight .

extremely fast pace and have to be constantly on the go.

Short breaks
Cons
long hours, unpredictable hours
hard work but good money
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill15 March 2018
Fast pace. non-stop.I would be cashing tills up or on the till myself or I would be on the shop floor ensuring a smooth running store. Never really had chance for a proper break. As I would constantly busy. The store I worked in was very small so everything would go off sale very quickly. The management would always recognized hard working individuals.
Pros
first choice for special buys
Cons
long hours and unsocial-able
Productive and busy
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 February 2018
chances of promotion are slim unless you've got the face for it. good and bad days working in aldi, can be enjoyable, and sometimes feel like prison and get treated wrong. the amount you have to do passes the time, but for the work and hours you have to do the breaks are so short.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
It is secure, But hard.
Deputy Store manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland23 February 2018
The Job is without a doubt secure, but extremely taxing on both your home life and your own well being.some aspect of the job become near impossible to complete, but you have to do them. on a side note tho the pay is great.
Poor place of work
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
Hated majority of the time here as there was so much favouritism and the work life balance was poor. The rotas were never consistent and management were never happy to work around any commitments.
Good company to work for
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton18 February 2018
I have been with Aldi less than a year, I started as a store assistant in July 2017 and it wasn’t long until I had talks about a promotion to deputy store manager. I was put on a trial and given certain manager duties to do I.e availability and stock&order (when it was still used), cashing up tills and just generally taking charge a bit more. I received my deputy contract half way through October and officially started my new role on November 1st, as this was my first time in any sort of management role I was expectantly quite nervous to start with but received nothing but help and support the whole time and always made to feel comfortable. I have now been first aid trained, trained on running my own specials shifts and received full safe training, so I can now run the morning set up shifts and evening closes (receiving an extra £4ph when there is no salaried manager in store), I will soon be receiving training on how to do the stores orders which in turn will help when I want to go for my the next promotion to assistant store manager. All in all I’ve had a great experience working for Aldi so far and would definitely recommend working for the company to anybody who is looking at applying.
Pros
Good progression opportunities, good pay
Cons
Hard work but good team work.
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 February 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for the only thing letting them down is the promotion side..Aldi has great benefits every shop is differently ran but the postions are always changing which I don't like. They take back responsibility alot.
Pros
Productivity bonus
Cons
Late hours no promotions when promised.
good company to b with
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  uk23 January 2018
good company to be with, typical days working stock all day.
great management.
fast paced environment
hardest part is getting a good work life balance because of the wide variation on shift patterns.
best part is a great team to work with and the customer interaction
Pros
good wage, customer interaction
Cons
some poor shift patterns
Started well and ended badly.
Stock Assistant to Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham20 January 2018
My time at Aldi was full of highs and lows, i learnt new experiences and i adapted to the role very quickly, enough to become promoted. However i sustained an injury at work meaning it was left impossible for me to carry on working.
Fast Paced, Hard Work, Fun
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 January 2018
Considerate and kind management, consistent hours with flexibility to change shifts as necessary with reasonable warning. Clear instruction and expectations with a very open chain of command.
Pros
Management flexible with shift changes, realistic targets
Cons
Very late and early shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51K