ALDI Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

hard work but great work/life balance
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 June 2018
tough physical job but a great team and a great place to work with its endless flexibility. chance of promotion however only up to store manager as any higher requires you to be a graduate.
productive and hard work
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford26 June 2018
the hardest part of the job is trying to fit all your job roles in to the time given they are very strict with productivity and constantly made to feel the pressure.
The team are amazing and can really pull together to make the job more enjoyable.
The management system is very strict and have a lot of responsibility, its trying to make sure you still hold the standards even with the added pressure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours and strict on productivity
Awful
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 June 2018
Recruitment process took forever. No feedback regarding how did you do... Aldi pay you well... yes.. On their website they will worn you that job is tough however you cannot imagine how hard it is. I am in my 20, and I was struggling physically with this job my legs, back, neck even wrists was in pain constantly. You don't have when to catch a breath. If you stuck on main till you are struggling to even go to the toilet. Aldi will push you behind your limits. I do feel sorry for all the people which are still working there...
Pros
paid break
Cons
everything else
Nice People, Clever retailing
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Liskeard7 June 2018
Unfortunately although friendly Aldi has a rigid management system which stifles individuality and creativity. If you want an unthinking steady job in a good environment this is it. Huge difference in pay between Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager.
Pros
Friendly Growing Company
Cons
Pay and Rota doesnot Rotate !
hardworking atmosphere
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  bristol24 April 2018
a standard day is min 8 hour shifts and longest is 10 hours from early morning to midnight .

extremely fast pace and have to be constantly on the go.

Short breaks
Cons
long hours, unpredictable hours
hard work but good money
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill15 March 2018
Fast pace. non-stop.I would be cashing tills up or on the till myself or I would be on the shop floor ensuring a smooth running store. Never really had chance for a proper break. As I would constantly busy. The store I worked in was very small so everything would go off sale very quickly. The management would always recognized hard working individuals.
Pros
first choice for special buys
Cons
long hours and unsocial-able
Productive and busy
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 February 2018
chances of promotion are slim unless you've got the face for it. good and bad days working in aldi, can be enjoyable, and sometimes feel like prison and get treated wrong. the amount you have to do passes the time, but for the work and hours you have to do the breaks are so short.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
It is secure, But hard.
Deputy Store manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland23 February 2018
The Job is without a doubt secure, but extremely taxing on both your home life and your own well being.some aspect of the job become near impossible to complete, but you have to do them. on a side note tho the pay is great.
Poor place of work
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
Hated majority of the time here as there was so much favouritism and the work life balance was poor. The rotas were never consistent and management were never happy to work around any commitments.
Good company to work for
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton18 February 2018
I have been with Aldi less than a year, I started as a store assistant in July 2017 and it wasn’t long until I had talks about a promotion to deputy store manager. I was put on a trial and given certain manager duties to do I.e availability and stock&order (when it was still used), cashing up tills and just generally taking charge a bit more. I received my deputy contract half way through October and officially started my new role on November 1st, as this was my first time in any sort of management role I was expectantly quite nervous to start with but received nothing but help and support the whole time and always made to feel comfortable. I have now been first aid trained, trained on running my own specials shifts and received full safe training, so I can now run the morning set up shifts and evening closes (receiving an extra £4ph when there is no salaried manager in store), I will soon be receiving training on how to do the stores orders which in turn will help when I want to go for my the next promotion to assistant store manager. All in all I’ve had a great experience working for Aldi so far and would definitely recommend working for the company to anybody who is looking at applying.
Pros
Good progression opportunities, good pay
Cons
Hard work but good team work.
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire7 February 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for the only thing letting them down is the promotion side..Aldi has great benefits every shop is differently ran but the postions are always changing which I don't like. They take back responsibility alot.
Pros
Productivity bonus
Cons
Late hours no promotions when promised.
good company to b with
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  uk23 January 2018
good company to be with, typical days working stock all day.
great management.
fast paced environment
hardest part is getting a good work life balance because of the wide variation on shift patterns.
best part is a great team to work with and the customer interaction
Pros
good wage, customer interaction
Cons
some poor shift patterns
Fast Paced, Hard Work, Fun
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 January 2018
Considerate and kind management, consistent hours with flexibility to change shifts as necessary with reasonable warning. Clear instruction and expectations with a very open chain of command.
Pros
Management flexible with shift changes, realistic targets
Cons
Very late and early shifts
Good company to work for
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire4 December 2017
good place to work for
the pay is good
fast paced work
a little bit hard to be able to get a good work life balance but it can be worked around
opportunities to progress
An Excellent Organisation to Work with
Deputy Manager-Stores (Former Employee) –  london25 November 2017
Aldi has given me a chance to enter into Retail sector,

A great place to work to grow up as individual career wise.

Personality development.

Internal Growth.
Pros
Highest paid retailer in UK
Cons
Little bit hard work but will make the individual perfect.
Efficient, hard working, rewarding
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 October 2017
Ideal place to develop yourself on a personal and professional level. Develop many skills within a face paced environment while plenty of room for progression. Company is focussed on its people achieveing their best, while supporting progression at the right time. Amazing job security and a happy, fun working environment while remaining faced paced and friendly with regular and new customers.
Pros
Job security, staff friendliness, fast paced
Cons
Unpredictable shift patterns
busy day to day 24/7
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wickford8 October 2017
A very busy store from beginning to end of the week. staff are happy and helpful. lack of training in store is a major issue for most members of staff as where they are constantly busy there is little one on one time with management.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours, lack of training
Is an amazing place to work in.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 September 2017
ALDI is a great company. I worked in 2 different RDC and unfortunately i noticed massive differences between management methods. Even if the company culture is that everyone is equal, i have seen people treated differently. Is not fair to push the good working people more and more wilst protecting the ones they don t perform at ALDI standards. If you say "everything is wonderfull" you have a good life, but if you dare to try to change something you end up having big problems. This kind of things i have never seen in the previous ALDI RDC in SWINDON.
Pros
Free coffee..tea...fruits. taking care of people welfare
Poor quality of work
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grays14 September 2017
Poor personal life balance, poor higher management, wages are similar to the big four supermarkets unless your an assistant manager despite having to work like a slave. As a deputy you get used and abused day in and day out.
Pros
Never bored.
Cons
Everything is pretty much in-adequate in my opinion.
Good pay/unsocial hours
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Gateshead10 August 2017
Repetitive
Learned alot
Progressed alot
The team i worked with was friendly and always worked together well
hardest part of the job was the hours
the most enjoyable part was the responsibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K