ALDI Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 4,788 reviews
Miserable workplace where intimidation was common
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 January 2019
Hated every minute of my two years there. Defective equipment, inadequate training and a very uncomfortabkle atmosphere where bullying and intimidation was common.
Pros
decent salery
Cons
no respect given
Energetic and fast paced
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
I’ve worked for Aldi for 5 years and I absolutely love where I work. Unfortunately my health has taken a turn for the worst and I can no longer keep up with the requirements they need. However they have been amazing with me considering my health issues have left me unable to work for 4 months, and everyone involved has been kind and caring toward me.
Pros
Friendly, loyal, fast paced
Cons
Minimum breaks, long hours
Long hours, demotivated staff
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 November 2018
Aldi has now become so incredibly unrealistic with its payroll targets that all management are glorified stock assistants. We have no time for anything remotely management related let alone dealing with staff personnel issues. Turnover is the worst I've seen in years and we keep getting told we should have done more to retain those members of staff yet area managers/ops directors refuse to acknowledge the real reasons staff are leaving. They are sick of doing the job of 5 people for only slightly better pay than Tesco. They are tired of being rang every day asking if they can pull an extra shift because we are so understaffed. It's a business steadily in decline if they don't start investing in their people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance, constantly being belittled by area managers.
poor company
Aldi Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 October 2018
Poor management and job advancement. a lot of stress for poor money (for what you have to do) no difference in the roles only the massive pay gap. my advise if you want to move forward in your career look else were becuse no matter how good you are chances of promotion is zero.
Productive, hard work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2018
The company is good to work for if you're willing, you'll always be doing something and won't ever have an easy shift, the employees are all friendly and work well together if everyone is willing to work hard.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Hard work
They want their pound of flesh
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 June 2018
Long long hours, nights and weekends with very little outside support. No work life balance and very little time to see family. A very brown nose culture
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, unfair upper managment
good place to work
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2018
Morning shift- delivery in the morning
After delivery is finished you get break or going on the tills. Depends of the managers and store.
Afternoon shift- working back stock, carding the store, till operating
Pros
good money, good place to work
Cons
horrible customers but that can be anywhere
Productive and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 December 2017
Hectic days at work, as expected due to being the busiest store in England. I learened to work in a fast paced environment as calmly as possible i.e putting out stock and helping customers out at the same time and still managing to work in a time limit. Hardest part of the job would be working pallets during the day time and still having an expected time to finish each delivery. A lot of pressure.
Pros
Good pay, paid lunch, double pay on public holidays, socialising.
Cons
Long hours, finishing after the store assistants (even when we finish before them
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 August 2017
Great job! Great chance to progress hope to have a long future here, worked up from Store Assistant to Assistant Store Manager in 3.5 years and hope to have my own store after 5.5 years
Pros
Great wages, security, ability to transfer stores, regionally
Employment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 August 2017
How many cashiers do Aldi employ over 50??? As from what I can see it's not a lot, obviously preferring to employ younger people, which is discrimination and against the law !! Shame on Aldi
Pros
Cons
Only employ young peopl
productive
PA / Admin (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 June 2017
Aldi is still very much a company with family core values. They look after their employees well and are paid well in return for hard work and honesty.
Brilliant workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 June 2017
Working as a team
Management listen to you when you have an issue
Friendly staff, lots of banter on job
Professional
Great pay
Amazing benefits
28 days holiday even if part time - only on 10 hour contract
Fast pace work, always something to do
Lots of room for progression
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Early starts, late finishes
Excellent
District Manger (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK12 April 2017
A true leader and innovator. Clear and confident in it's own skin with the confidence and back story to allow them to tailor the discount model to the nuabces of the UK market.
Unaccommodating management
Store Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2017
The typical day at work for Aldi was very energy consuming, you were not appreciated for what you added to the team as a whole. If you did something exemplary the management would disregard it.
Although I didn't enjoy my social interactions with senior members of staff I did learn a lot in my apprenticeship; how to maintain a balanced consumer-Provider relationship. I learned how to rotate stock based on Best Before Date to avoid penalties from food health & safety organisations. The most important lesson of all that I learned while there was the ability to make any task more efficient and therefore increasing profitability and overall customer service.
Pros
Short snappy shifts, usually between 4-7 hours, As you are constantly occupied with something time goes very quickly on the job.
Cons
Shifts often ran longer than stated, and never got extra pay for the extra hours I put in, sometimes I wouldn't finish work for 2-3 hours longer than I was supposed to finish
Fast paced environment
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 November 2016
If you're not shy of hard work and likeep a hands on approach then Aldi is for you. It can be difficult at times due to the way it is staffed but that is all part of how the company works and it makes you a very good problem solver
Worst place to work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 August 2016
I have currently been working at ALDI for 3 years now. i Have been told so many lies by management and area managers it's untrue. They expect you to eat sleep and breathe the company. I have never known a company to be so stingy with hours. Management are ALL lazy, expect people below them to work for them. The hourly rate is good but it's only because you are doing a 2 man job every single time. On the whole the company is a joke!! I would not recommend anyone to work here. Give it a miss at any opportunity. Stay clear!!!!
Pros
No pros. The job is a joke on the whole
Cons
Long hours. Not enough break time.
Lack of hours, unattractive shifts, you get paid more but do the work of three people
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 June 2016
There is a general lack of hours available
The shift pattern is normally two weeks early, two weeks late
Weekends off were rare
You get paid more than other supermarkets would offer, but they get their moneys worth out of you- you will find yourself doing the work of around three people
The upside to this is the shifts flew by
The challenges set for unloading deliveries are huge
Pros
shifts flew by as you are so busy
Cons
short breaks
Good money/Easy work - if the hours are there!
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 May 2016
Good/Easy job with mostly nice people.

Good wage although getting hours or a normal 40 hours contract is impossible with terms and clauses making them able to withdraw hours based off a 16 week working basis.
Pros
Paid lunch, Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, Breaks, Management(POWER)
Very bad company to work for
Hgv driver (Former Employee) –  Middleton Manchester27 March 2016
Treat you like a number not a valued member of a team the dole is more fun avoid
Bad management
Makes bad environment to no 1 happy
Pros
Money
Cons
No respect for you
Manager system was a mess at the time.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 March 2016
The manager and area manager was in a battle against eachother and caused drama and unprofessional behaviour.

words words words words words words words

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K