ALDI Employee Reviews in London

Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2018
difficult place to work
hard job
struggling space to work
restore the shop in same time than costumer shopping is very complicated
lot of shifts \nd the most hard part is been on tills without any chair sometimes during 123hrs shift
no balance
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 August 2018
training not completed
till training for 15 mins not given codes or plu codes
moneys good
short staffed
no weekends off
asked to work on days off
bank holiday pays is good but lucky if you get put down for a shift
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours short breaks
Stressful but good money
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 August 2018
it’s very difficult to have a good life balance as the rota s are always different. If you have children it’s not easy to find childcare with a job like this.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No balance between family life and work q
Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
An Excellent Organisation to Work with
Deputy Manager-Stores (Former Employee) –  london25 November 2017
Aldi has given me a chance to enter into Retail sector,

A great place to work to grow up as individual career wise.

Personality development.

Internal Growth.
Pros
Highest paid retailer in UK
Cons
Little bit hard work but will make the individual perfect.
Aldi
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
They're a good company to work for but you need to work hard to achieve your goals of the day. Everyone is friendly.
a typical day at work is morning delivery of short life (stuff that has a short use by date) after the stock from the day before is worked. after delivery you will probably do specials which means putting new items into tables before they need to be put on the shop floor which does not happen until thursday and sunday.
after specials, your more likely to be on a till for a shift which is nice. you get to meet and greet customers and have a nice little chat before moving onto the next one. if your not on tills then you will be decrating the store and making sure everything is neat and tidy for the next set of customers to destroy again. during the afternoon there should be a milk and long life (stuff that has a long use by date) delivery which again means doing backstock before doing the new stock. then again the decrating will needed to be done again and by the time your part way through your shift should end.
Pros
Awesome Money, Paid break
Cons
Heavy boxes, early and late shifts
Can be quite physical especially if not used to food retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Salary is very good, but work can be quite demanding.
Stores are quite small so work load may seem heavy due to high footfall but low staff count or high turnover of staff
Pros
salary
Cons
workload
Hard Working Environment
Sale Assistant / Cashier (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2017
My typical day working at ALDI consists of working on the shop floor re-stocking the store and being on the tills/ handling customer enquires.

In ALDI i learnt how to handle being under alot of pressure and being able to multitask.

Management in ALDI are okay. Depending on your circumstances, they can either be understanding or quite selfish.

Hardest part of the Job is being pushed to do to much. And being understaffed majority of the time which make our jobs alot harder.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours
hard work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  london23 November 2017
toughn environment with a lot of balls in the air, upper management is quite varient depending on who you get. overall its worth trying out if your young and have no commitments

Want to know more about ALDI?

Ask a question
Hard working environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2016
The enjoyability of this job very much depends on the management of your store. Certain stores will have friendly, compassionate environments, and others will be clinical and much less enjoyable.

Expect extremely early shifts starting as early as 5am, unsociable hours and very difficult to balance relationships, social life etc.

Very hard work, timed-tasks always and all of your performance day-to-day is tracked and analysed to see if you are performing up to standard.

An almost robot-culture if you have the wrong management.

The only pro is the salary, which is still awfully cheap considering the extent of the work done during a standard 40h week.

Know what you are getting into!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours, Unsociable, Extremely Hard Work, Robotic
Fast Paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 August 2017
Very demanding. always lots of things to do at the same time. High pressure on managers to achieve targets.
Good rate of pay. All working hours gets recorded accurately so even when working overtime you won't loose it.
Pros
no time for rest
Cons
good rate of pay
Not a very good place to work at all
customer assistant (Current Employee) –  london23 March 2015
I work in one of the Aldi stores. I would not recommend it even to my worst enemy. If you want to work with no rights with a company with no human resources the work at Aldi. For them you are going to be a number that they will use as to how they like. You have no voice no rights nothing. you work a shift until 10.30, do not think you are getting out until midnight if you are ucky
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
long hours, you finish your shift when the manager on duty feels like
Ideal Company to Work for
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 September 2014
It requires total flexibility on shift based on weekly Rota.
Learned the perfect management and managing people skill.
The management system is just perfect, where performance, accuracy and speed counts. The staff member of twenty people all are co-operative and work as a team. The hardest part was working on deliveries at the same time in a shift and the most enjoyable part is the friendly staff and the manager who believes in encouraging, motivating and macro- management system.
Pros
Good Salary and friendly staff
Cons
Unfixed day-off i.e.- flexible rota weekly based
Great job, however multitasking is needed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 November 2016
Fabulous place to work. The pay is excellent, the staff and managers are friendly and easy to get on with. I would however be prepared to work for your excellent pay. We don't just sit on tills scanning shopping all day.

Your day can start as early as 5am and finish at 11pm (of course not in a single shift), you need to put out stock, heavy stock and a lot of it, in only a couple of hours. Throughout the day you replenish this stock as well as running back and forth on the tills. Other different task will be done in-between all that.

However, your day is so busy, you don't even realise the time, it flies by literally. I would defiantly recommend applying they have great benefits and good opportunities to work your way up.
Pros
great pay, 28 days holiday, time flies
Cons
hard work, early mornings, late nights
proactive and efficient workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2017
Great retail to work for. With great wages and load of opportunities to step up in your career. The workload is huge but it's paid back with the wage rate.
Pros
break paid
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2016
I was working for ALDI for over a year in the past.
My work consisted in filling shelf at night with new prodoucts, products that were sold day before also I was checking if products were not out of date or in poor condition before shop oppening
Work wasn`t difficult to be honest I`ve learned a lot about how the things work outside shop working hours.
Management always willing to help and we worked in good atmosphere.
Also I can`t say nothing bad about other co-workers, people were very friendly and we also tried to do a good team work.
The hardest part of the job was always when delivery truck stuck In traffic or something and came late. Then we had to double incoming stock (very time consuming thing to do) and speed up to make sure shop is ready before opening.
The most enjoyable part of job was of course a pay day ;)
Pros
payment break
Cons
Productive but hard work place
Plasterer (Current Employee) –  London Estate Acton Lane UNIT 1c27 February 2013
we are work 10h a day,two breakes by 30 min.
I'm improved my skills in this commpany.Some of the construction managers are too demanding.My co-workers are generally Polish man but they quite god builders.The Hardest part of the job is that we have to working 10h and enjojable part is time to go home.
Pros
monay on time
Cons
work day is to long
work with martin's was very challenging
Retail manager .Martin Rsm M'coll (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 October 2015
My day start very early at around 5am to sort out the papers and magazines and start getting ready for the opening at 6am.After this the focus is on serving customers and dealing with deliveries in order to make sure that the store is full and nothing is missing.
Pros
team work
Great pay No play
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  london ilford13 July 2016
Great company to work for but really crippled by politics and favouritism. All work no play makes jack a dull boy. Literally you hardly get to do anything else whilst working there. After working here I got married to work, slept with the sofa and played with pallets.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Politics dirty dirty poilitics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K