ALDI Employee Reviews in London

Aldi
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
They're a good company to work for but you need to work hard to achieve your goals of the day. Everyone is friendly.
a typical day at work is morning delivery of short life (stuff that has a short use by date) after the stock from the day before is worked. after delivery you will probably do specials which means putting new items into tables before they need to be put on the shop floor which does not happen until thursday and sunday.
after specials, your more likely to be on a till for a shift which is nice. you get to meet and greet customers and have a nice little chat before moving onto the next one. if your not on tills then you will be decrating the store and making sure everything is neat and tidy for the next set of customers to destroy again. during the afternoon there should be a milk and long life (stuff that has a long use by date) delivery which again means doing backstock before doing the new stock. then again the decrating will needed to be done again and by the time your part way through your shift should end.
Pros
Awesome Money, Paid break
Cons
Heavy boxes, early and late shifts
Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
not professional
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 December 2017
Worked in few retail before (like lidl). But Aldi is the worst so far. Good pay but that's about it.
Menager changing your clock in hours in system so on the end you are not paid for your overtime.
Menager making you to stay and threats you that he will fire u or make you to write your leaving note.
Breaks in 8 hours work are just 20 minutes long. Short notice about changes in rota.
So unprofessional
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
An Excellent Organisation to Work with
Deputy Manager-Stores (Former Employee) –  london25 November 2017
Aldi has given me a chance to enter into Retail sector,

A great place to work to grow up as individual career wise.

Personality development.

Internal Growth.
Pros
Highest paid retailer in UK
Cons
Little bit hard work but will make the individual perfect.
hard work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  london23 November 2017
toughn environment with a lot of balls in the air, upper management is quite varient depending on who you get. overall its worth trying out if your young and have no commitments
Can be quite physical especially if not used to food retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Salary is very good, but work can be quite demanding.
Stores are quite small so work load may seem heavy due to high footfall but low staff count or high turnover of staff
Pros
salary
Cons
workload
proactive and efficient workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2017
Great retail to work for. With great wages and load of opportunities to step up in your career. The workload is huge but it's paid back with the wage rate.
Pros
break paid
Fast Paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 August 2017
Very demanding. always lots of things to do at the same time. High pressure on managers to achieve targets.
Good rate of pay. All working hours gets recorded accurately so even when working overtime you won't loose it.
Pros
no time for rest
Cons
good rate of pay
Hard Working Environment
Sale Assistant / Cashier (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2017
My typical day working at ALDI consists of working on the shop floor re-stocking the store and being on the tills/ handling customer enquires.

In ALDI i learnt how to handle being under alot of pressure and being able to multitask.

Management in ALDI are okay. Depending on your circumstances, they can either be understanding or quite selfish.

Hardest part of the Job is being pushed to do to much. And being understaffed majority of the time which make our jobs alot harder.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Ambiente de trabajo movido con multiculturalidad
Dependiente (Former Employee) –  Londres13 February 2017
Es un trabajo muy duro, ya que es el supermercado Aldi que cuenta con mayor facturación de toda Europa. En una jornada laboral, tienes que servir a los clientes en la caja y bien puedes seguir toda tu jornada en caja o tener que moverte a la tienda a reponer, en función de la demanda de clientes. He aprendido dos idiomas estando ahí, como son el inglés y el italiano. Además de aprender a coordinarse y a trabajar bajo mucha presión. Se trata de Aldi Supermarket situado en el corazón de Kilburn High Road, que es un barrio al Noroeste de Londres. La parte más complicada era atender las quejas de los clientes ya que eran muy exigentes y alli en Londres el servicio al cliente funciona de manera muy diferente. Lo que más me gustaba del trabajo es la multiculturalidad, aprender sobre otras culturas, perfeccionar mis idiomas y perfeccionar mi trato al cliente.
Pros
La estabilidad laboral proporcionada
Cons
No puedo encontrar una contra mismo

Want to know more about ALDI?

Ask a question
Busy yet rewarding
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2017
Very busy business model, you get out what you put in. Goal driven, efficiency based. Very hard working team. Challenging as small team, so alot is expected, but this is rewarding too as the team pulls together to get results
Nice place to work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 December 2016
What I can say I spent there almost 3,6 years,Aldi gives to me a lot of good training they show me how my job is important and also show me the job can be a fun and everyone is the same and we was like a family there.
Hard working environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2016
The enjoyability of this job very much depends on the management of your store. Certain stores will have friendly, compassionate environments, and others will be clinical and much less enjoyable.

Expect extremely early shifts starting as early as 5am, unsociable hours and very difficult to balance relationships, social life etc.

Very hard work, timed-tasks always and all of your performance day-to-day is tracked and analysed to see if you are performing up to standard.

An almost robot-culture if you have the wrong management.

The only pro is the salary, which is still awfully cheap considering the extent of the work done during a standard 40h week.

Know what you are getting into!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long Hours, Unsociable, Extremely Hard Work, Robotic
Great job, however multitasking is needed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 November 2016
Fabulous place to work. The pay is excellent, the staff and managers are friendly and easy to get on with. I would however be prepared to work for your excellent pay. We don't just sit on tills scanning shopping all day.

Your day can start as early as 5am and finish at 11pm (of course not in a single shift), you need to put out stock, heavy stock and a lot of it, in only a couple of hours. Throughout the day you replenish this stock as well as running back and forth on the tills. Other different task will be done in-between all that.

However, your day is so busy, you don't even realise the time, it flies by literally. I would defiantly recommend applying they have great benefits and good opportunities to work your way up.
Pros
great pay, 28 days holiday, time flies
Cons
hard work, early mornings, late nights
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2016
I was working for ALDI for over a year in the past.
My work consisted in filling shelf at night with new prodoucts, products that were sold day before also I was checking if products were not out of date or in poor condition before shop oppening
Work wasn`t difficult to be honest I`ve learned a lot about how the things work outside shop working hours.
Management always willing to help and we worked in good atmosphere.
Also I can`t say nothing bad about other co-workers, people were very friendly and we also tried to do a good team work.
The hardest part of the job was always when delivery truck stuck In traffic or something and came late. Then we had to double incoming stock (very time consuming thing to do) and speed up to make sure shop is ready before opening.
The most enjoyable part of job was of course a pay day ;)
Pros
payment break
Not good
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  London11 October 2016
I'm hard worker. I'm looking for more hours in my job. I try my best in my job. I want to get to high level and be a good with my team working. I can.
Pros
Not free
Cons
5 hours 15 minutes break
fast paced supermarket
Store Assistant/ deputy store manager (Current Employee) –  london hounslow19 August 2016
multitasking every shift, working as a team, focusing on customer service, making plan for the shift and team members, controlling staff , giving tasks , making sure that tasks are given in advance so everyone is aware of the goals and targets
Cons
long flexible hours
Great pay No play
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  london ilford13 July 2016
Great company to work for but really crippled by politics and favouritism. All work no play makes jack a dull boy. Literally you hardly get to do anything else whilst working there. After working here I got married to work, slept with the sofa and played with pallets.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Politics dirty dirty poilitics
work with martin's was very challenging
Retail manager .Martin Rsm M'coll (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 October 2015
My day start very early at around 5am to sort out the papers and magazines and start getting ready for the opening at 6am.After this the focus is on serving customers and dealing with deliveries in order to make sure that the store is full and nothing is missing.
Pros
team work
Cons
dont even go there people
assistant (Former Employee) –  london27 March 2015
disgusting place to work when youve given your best its not good enough youre treated like a pow and god forbid you want to complain simple! you cant nobody gives a damm
Pros
Cons
give your name rank and number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K