ALDI Employee Reviews in Chelmsford

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 4,143 reviews
Friendly but Tiring
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 April 2018
this is a good place to work and you get free hot drinks on your break but there are very long days starting very early in the morning. you know what time you start but you dont know when you finish until halfway though the day and you have a very high personal target to meet when picking.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Long hours, dont know when you finish until during the day
It was not fun but had to do the work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex28 December 2017
I didn’t mind working here but it was hard trying to get all the orders in on the time line as most of the time I work as a team so when a college drops there order as it’s come off there palet I always stop and help pick it up with them.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Not to bad with hours but sometime finished early
5 stars hotel
Picker, forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex11 July 2017
Aldi give a 1 breack i work thare night shift but if we do over 7 h geting the second breack wich is 15min again payeble. Cheap food end drink benefice for bay products from aldi stores
Pros
free lanch end drink
Hard place to work
Selector (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex24 April 2017
If you like to wake up early and finish work by lunch time it's a very good place to work. Bad things are that the pick rate sometimes is just not achievable. But no one wants to know about it... I was told by my line manager that I can get a disciplinary if I don't reach the target, witch is 300 cases an hour. So you really have to manage every minute of your work... Sometimes even going to toilet can get you in to trouble, because you will lose your pick rate...
Pros
Free tea or coffe
Cons
early mornings and pick rate is to high
friendly atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex18 March 2017
i loved work with them i will love to work again with them and i will recommend every one to work with them they pay good salary and every one is friendly.
Pros
free fruits and coffee cheap drinks
typical day
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford27 January 2017
once you get in to the rhythm of picking and packing its ok, but it does make your back ache, all the bending and lifting. the people are lovely and you soon start learning new language's. when you first start you are taught how to drive an order picker truck its just a shame that you don't get a certificate for it and the same with their other trucks.
labour intensive, possibility of progression
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex25 January 2017
working at aldi can be a rewarding experience with regard to the fair wage they offer, at £9.91 starting wage and a raise every year they pay well for the job described.
However you are expected to keep to high standards and targets that sometimes can be very hard to meet, you can not have an 'off day' without being scrutinised and often those who regularly meet targets but dont for one or two days are questioned more than those who dont meet them for weeks on end which can be frustrating.
This is also a very labour intensive job so although you finish early most days (any time from around 12 till 3) you will be very tired (also early starts) so is hard to do much else with your day, you will also be working maybe 3 weekends out of every 4 so you will not get much free time.
with reference to the above Aldi can be a place to progress wether it be from warehouse operative to aisle deputy and then on to a section leader but to do this you must go above and beyond, regularly work outside your shift pattern and be expected to work almost every weekend, for me this is not worth it but for others it may be the ideal career choice.
Pros
free fruit, mostly early finishes
Cons
highly labour intensive, work most weekend, early starts, expected to work overtime even if its not compulsory.
Fast paced, productive workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex11 January 2017
generally the days at ALDI were very fast paced and physically demanding, I learned how to order pick using a lollop truck. the management always tried their best to help me out if I had an issue. I enjoyed working alongside my colleagues as I made some close friends. the hardest part of the job was, keeping a consistent fast pace. my favourite part of the job was how quickly the time went as I was working hard.
Pros
paid holiday
Cons
early starts
A good place
logistics selector (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex4 January 2017
if your looking for good wages and benefits this is the place to work, the job is long hours and cold nights. if you dont mind things getting repetative then this is overall a good job
Bad job Culture
Warehouseman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford24 June 2016
Bad job culture and only one thing is counting is target.. target target target. Besides, very little working hours. No thanks! Best luck witch BREXIT
Not for me
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford Region23 May 2016
Worked nights as part of a "team" although no-one spoke to each other. Deliveries were always too big for the team on hand. Starting at 11 and finishing at 6 (Didn't finish at 6 whilst I was there) Only plus side was the wage but it doesn't match up to the work you have to do.
Pros
Paid breaks
Well paid but hard working
Warehouse Checker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford23 February 2016
Working full time nights was challenging but pay was rewarding. However most nights were challenging due to lack of staff and rise in work load
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Long hard hours and under staffed
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ENG16 September 2015
There are a brilliant company to work for. The culture is good very ethical in the way they do business. I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good working hours
great place to work
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  chelmsford23 June 2014
had alot of fun working here and i achieved alot. always busy and hard work was put in.
The worst firm I have ever worked for.
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex4 May 2012
12 - 15 hour nights were there norm, little regard for employee welfare, avoid avoid avoid. Too much weekend working. Their attitude was 'if you don't like it, there's the door'.
Pros
competitive wages.
Cons
long hours, weekend working, lone working at night.