ALDI Employee Reviews

Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
Good Firm
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester15 January 2018
Good well run business. With the perfect chance of progressing within the company. This job is not for the faint hearted. High pressured job at times but perfect for those who hate clock watching.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
None.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian10 January 2018
I typical day at work would involve picking up crates of produces and putting them into their correct lanes so that they can be shipped to stores. As a whole, the management is very good as it is a very efficient team.
Pros
Paid Break
Cons
Tough to keep up to speed
Positive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
Working at ALDI I regularly woke up excited or ready for work as it was always a positive atmosphere and very organised.
The managers always showed initiative to make the working atmosphere more acquitted to my needs as well as other store assistants.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
understaffed
Hardwork but rewarding
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire9 January 2018
Extremely hard work but very rewarding. In my experience from my time at aldi is that they look after you and reward hard work. The only down side i would say is that they do not schedule your work rota to what best suits your needs so you will have to work night shifts even if you cannot arrange this.
Awful
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria9 January 2018
Horrible Company to work for. The management in this company all mock you, and they constantly look down their nose at you like they're better than you.
great people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birchwood, Cheshire8 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aldi an would still be there today trying to further my career given the opportunity. The thing is whilst working there my girlfriend gave birth to our wonderful son and not long after started suffering from post natal depression. this had a crippling affect on her day to day life and I had no choice but to leave work and help out at home.
Pros
fantastic rate of pay
Cons
long houre i couldnt manage my work life and my family life on the hours i was putting in.
hard work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  easy grinstead5 January 2018
far more hours were expected to be worked then originally contracted

unrealistic expectations of items scanned through till, due to customers failing to load trolley as instructed
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall5 January 2018
meeting and greeting customers stacking shelves ensuring stock rotation is done correctly adhering to deadlines in a carom and professional manner....
Pros
good pay
Cons
manegment not good
Great Company
Stock Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for who value their employees and offer an enjoying working environment. The salary and benefits package are the highest is comparison to other retail companies.
fast working environment friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside4 January 2018
teaches you to work hard and efficiently. however the shifts can be long and the days tiring especially when waking up at 4 in the morning. you can have a joke with some members of staff.
great place to work but certain managers there were power mad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon, Powys4 January 2018
id recommend anyone to apply for aldi as its a great place to work i worked in 2 different stores and i enjoyed them both as much as each other no staff discount though haha
Pros
flexible hours
Terrible
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington4 January 2018
Work life balance is terrible. Rotas were usually put out a week or two (if you were lucky) before being due to work with completely random shift patterns, this meant you could never plan your life more than a week or so in advance.

Even though at the time I was contracted 25 hours per week these obligations were not met. ALDI stated that over the course of the year your hours would likely average out at 25 hours per week but this is no help when for 2 months in a row you are averaging 16 hours per week and have bills to pay. Can't exactly say to the electric company "I've only worked 16 hours a week this month, can you reduce my bill until a few months time when I've worked more hours?" On this note ALDI managers often called you on the days you have off, when you have actually managed to plan to do something, to say "we've understaffed the store, can you come in?" When you say no I have planned to do something, they just say well you can't complain about not getting hours when they are being offered. Offering a shift at the last minute when people have made plans is not an acceptable substitute to organising a rota properly and giving people their contracted amount of hours.

On a final note ALDI is full of Trainee Area Managers who are eager to puff out their chests, act the big dog and prove themselves at any costs (kids trying to act tough and show authority). Don't get me wrong there are some good ones, however the majority of my experience was negative.
Fun place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire3 January 2018
I really injoyed working her best job i have had and would like to go back and work there one day good rate of pay very fast work place very good management
warehouse selector
warehouse selector (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire2 January 2018
-Early morning starts and difference hours daily depending on orders.
-Learn to pick fast and efficiently.
-fast pace environment
-even though it s high pay a lot is expected of you
-use of different machines including Llop and Bulk mover
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
distance from where i live
not a fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Swindon29 December 2017
not very good on health and safetyand when things were pointed out to the management nothing was done until there was an accident or near miss glad to be leaving in one piece
Pros
good wages
Cons
everything else
Productive and Fun
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 December 2017
Hectic days at work, as expected due to being the busiest store in England. I learened to work in a fast paced environment as calmly as possible i.e putting out stock and helping customers out at the same time and still managing to work in a time limit. Hardest part of the job would be working pallets during the day time and still having an expected time to finish each delivery. A lot of pressure.
Pros
Good pay, paid lunch, double pay on public holidays, socialising.
Cons
Long hours, finishing after the store assistants (even when we finish before them
It was not fun but had to do the work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex28 December 2017
I didn’t mind working here but it was hard trying to get all the orders in on the time line as most of the time I work as a team so when a college drops there order as it’s come off there palet I always stop and help pick it up with them.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Not to bad with hours but sometime finished early
not worth it
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
when i was there to cut a long story short the hours were good when you actually had hours to work there was one month where i only had 20 hours !!!!! totalling a pay check of around £250 but when i questioned management about my 15 hour contract they explained that as long as i average 15 hours a week over 12 weeks then it does not matter
Pros
not much
Cons
management (dependant upon store)
Good money, hard work, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire26 December 2017
Store manager was useless at job and his mate was his boss so got away with murder. I don't want to write anymore as there was an exclusion clause in my contract.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.