ALDI Employee Reviews

well paid
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire23 June 2018
Good workplace to work for, very helpful managers, nice staff, job not great but ways to work up into the management system, lorry driving and different equipment.
Pros
money
Cons
dont know finish time.
Great company but have areas to improve on
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2018
Aldi is a great company to work for, great schemes, hierarchy in management, although it is hard to progress in the company now. Great salary and bonuses. Consideration towards employee's with children ( that is a recent one I've heard they introduced sadly while I was working in there this was not the case). Aldi is out there to make a difference and they are constantly improving.
Pros
Salary and bonuses
Cons
Harsh management style
Hard work, good rotas
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buxton22 June 2018
Go to work follow the time limits for each heavy pallet of goods, the team can be both positive and negative depending on the management.
I have just my back semi permanently from working their lifting heavy goods and sometimes being stuck on a till constantly for 6-8 hours.
Pros
Good rotated shift pattern
Cons
Expect too much, injured my back heavy lifting constantly.
company 2 stars
Picker and higene (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire21 June 2018
there is no organization for 2 or 3 departments to work as a team. the only concern is work getting done, it does not matter if it's 2-for-1 work, there's a lot of disrespect at work, pickers think they're more than other workers just because they earn a little more. all departments should work together and team to work flow.
Pros
canteen and changing rooms
Cons
no organization for 2 or 3 departments working in team
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester20 June 2018
Productive, hardwork, challenging, engaging, can be a hard work life balance. Work stock and manage the shop at the same time, good salary good teams.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Work life blance
Fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Essex19 June 2018
Well treated and respected as a team member. Good management. Communication to the manager was good. Friendly team members and made you feel very welcomed
terrible service
interview (Former Employee) –  Paignton, Devon15 June 2018
I applied to Aldi and had to go through the online assessment which took about 45mins to an hour, once completed Aldi then got back to me offering me to go up for an interview which I did and they said 'sorry we no nothing about this interview'. They rebooked the interview for 5 weeks later, on the morning of my new interview an hour before it I receive an email saying the position has now been filled! I have been messed around by this company over the last few weeks, I wouldn't bother putting your time in to apply, just apply elsewhere and save your time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands14 June 2018
I had a great time working at ALDI, everyone was great to work with and I was always provided with more than enough hours to keep myself financially afloat.
Would happily work there again should the opportunity arise.
average workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent14 June 2018
I found the company knew what they wanted and knew how to deliver it, from them i have learnt a lot, but as an individual within a store, i was wanting more hours and a chance to climb the ladder, this was held back from me due to the management at the time didn't favour myself and others in the same boat having children.
Cons
long hours, not always getting your breaks
Very productive working day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk14 June 2018
Constantly on the go at Aldi, there is never a moment where you aren’t doing anything! It’s a very challenging job and it keeps me on my toes which I definitely need in a job.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Stability with hours

Want to know more about ALDI?

Ask a question
Superb Business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hereford11 June 2018
A great company to work for. You are remunerated well for your hard work and there are clear requirements set out for you and the training in place for you to hit those requirements. Its a busy working day and lots of manual lifting is required.
no life balance
selector (Former Employee) –  Bolton upon Dearne11 June 2018
work all the time, to tired to on days off and 6 day weeks at times. work all day everyday and sleep never see friends never go out and work work work everyday the end
Pros
salary
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 June 2018
A typical day at work....
see's you doing everything from produce, to putting out flowers to re stocking shelves, Unless you are on 1st call or 2nd call where you will never leave the tills
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 June 2018
- Internal progression
- Hard work is rewarded and highly encouraged
- Friendly coworkers that have created a very good culture within the store
- The hardest part is having to contend with customers whilst sticking to time related targets
Not a good workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom8 June 2018
Working only 4 hours a day with a lot of stress from managers who them self just stand around or sweep the floor. Long weeks to get all the few hours on our contracts if we getting our contracted hours, meanwhile they take in extra staff.
No balance between work life and privet life.
The employer are sexist and treat woman and man very different. If you are a woman you more likely to sit on a till then a man.
Unfair treatment towards staff, manager talking bad about staff behind there back.
Very often you don't get payed for all the hours you actually worked.
You are told to not go to the toilet when you sit on a till.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad managment
They want their pound of flesh
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 June 2018
Long long hours, nights and weekends with very little outside support. No work life balance and very little time to see family. A very brown nose culture
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, unfair upper managment
Awful
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 June 2018
Recruitment process took forever. No feedback regarding how did you do... Aldi pay you well... yes.. On their website they will worn you that job is tough however you cannot imagine how hard it is. I am in my 20, and I was struggling physically with this job my legs, back, neck even wrists was in pain constantly. You don't have when to catch a breath. If you stuck on main till you are struggling to even go to the toilet. Aldi will push you behind your limits. I do feel sorry for all the people which are still working there...
Pros
paid break
Cons
everything else
Nice People, Clever retailing
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Liskeard7 June 2018
Unfortunately although friendly Aldi has a rigid management system which stifles individuality and creativity. If you want an unthinking steady job in a good environment this is it. Huge difference in pay between Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager.
Pros
Friendly Growing Company
Cons
Pay and Rota doesnot Rotate !
Working for Aldi Melksham.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire5 June 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Aldi as I got to interact with customers and learnt how to work in a fast paced environment. However the managers of the establishment often came across very rude and I felt discriminated against due to my age.
Pros
paid breaks, good salary
Cons
rude managers, long hours
Long hours, very rude customers, but good pay
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
I have been a Store Assistant in Aldi for 5 years and I would say it is a very friendly place to work. Typically you do both work on the shopfloor and the tills which can sometimes be intense because by the time you get to your till, at least one customer will ask you something on the way. Everything is targeted, from how long you have to spend working on a pallet (different sections have different targets) to how many items per hour you need to scan on the till. A big problem is lack of staff, especially after they built more Aldi stores. Some of the managers are hired straight for the manager position and do not know many essencial aspects of the job, but do not accept feedback from their team very well. Because Aldi is a discount supermarket, a lot of the customers would act rudely to the staff, try to cut corners and argue; cashiers have to be wary of things hidden under baby buggies, trolleys and baskets, ask if bags customers use are new or old (because in Aldi, as in many other stores, you have to pay for bags, DUH!!!), put their trolleys the right way so that they can just slide the products in and not hold the ques which can be massive. We often have to call the security as people don't understand it is part of the job to ask them certain things, some take it personally and make a scene. I just wish they were more understandinng of the whole work process and stop giving us attitude and look down on us. I get stereotyped a lot because I am Eastern European and have an accent. On the other hand, pay is very good, increasing with time spent in the company, there is room  more... for progression, there is favoritism though, overtime opportunities, and close-knit team!  less
Pros
paid holiday, friendly colleagues, good pay, transparency
Cons
customers with no manners, understaffed at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K