ALDI
Information from ALDI:

ALDI Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,657 reviews
Found 1,657 reviews matching the search
it can be a fun place to work but you will be expected to work hard
during my time with Aldi we had a variety of shifts from 6am starts of overnight the average shift is 10 hours. the typical day shift consists of you either being on till all day if you are on a early shift or you will be expected to work pallets of stock in-between serving on tills. Most of the managers there are fair end friendly but you will have the odd few who have their favorite and will basically let them do anything. the hardest part of the job is the time scale you will have to work to, for example you will have thirty minutes to work a full pallet of household products.
Pros
the people
Cons
long hours, time scale to get work done
Productive, Fun workplace, Family
Everyone was treated more like a family, you was well respected. I made loads of friends, even when we were going through some hard times, they would always fully support you
Terrible management
The management team are very poor. Unable to answer queries or help. Just want you to work and say nothing. Very inconsistent across the Warehouse. They have no compassion or care about your well being and family commitments. The pay is good, but not worth the misery and lack of work life balance. Benefits are minimum.
Hard working
A very fast paced environment definitely not for a hard worker there is everything target based and very fast paced if you don't hit targets or you cut corners your out. Too much pressure for such little thanks and pay. hours get cut and given to managers pets
Fast Paced
Can be stressful, I have days where I am in love with the place (the staff and customers, tasks etc). But I also have quite a few days where I feel undervalued and disrespected. You can try your best but that isn't ever enough until you have broken your back. Your health can suffer from here, working mixed shifts each week from early starts to late's all in the same week which is not right for your health. Some people always have same shift, people are not moved around store enough, can be stuck on tills for too long, times to complete a pallet can be ridiculous. They need to keep on top of personal development or of course we will not be up to standard in a particular section if we have not been on it for so long . With that said, there are some nice staff, some really nice customers too, and there is also a app with the rota which is handy. Although a lot of two faced people here too.
Fun workplace
I met some really lovely people and it was like a family I absolutely loved working at Aldi. Can have a laugh and chat as long as you get yours tasks done.
Great place to work. Slow progression
I worked for aldi for about 4 years. Enjoyed working there. However progression up through management is slow due to the amount of external recruitment.
Very good place to work
QOverall Aldi is a good place to work at. It is ran stroct but professionally. We all work as a team through calm and stresful times. Thenstaff are like a family when on shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALDI?
productive and busy workplace
working at aldi was a fairly easy task but it was busy and fast paced, to be completely honest it was one of the easiest jobs ive had, stocking shelves and assisting customers.
labor camp
If you like running at work, if someone looks at your hands or sometimes you don't do something for too long, you couldn't find a better place. The linen manager will delegate everything to equally lazy alternates and you will do three. I do not recommend and never again such a thing ...
Pros
Cons
stupid manager, one break for 10 hours of work (30 minutes), work for people who like to be humiliated
overall good place to work good rate of pay
overall not a bad place to work and decent rate of pay obviously you have a pick rate to hit but full training is given. Fair management and friendly staff only real downside is the uncertainty of your hours.
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Uncertain hours
Marvelous company
Fast and enjoyable! Great people to work with and made great friends. Management are a little precious towards protecting area managers from the true daily operations!!
Fast paced & Competitive
Fast paced, and competitve, no one day is the same, and you are always on the go. The most enjoyable part of the job is working within your store team.
Joke
Aldi always say they are the best payer just!
they pay 5p more then anyone else and demand a lot more out of you.

Haven't had a pay rise for 4 years keep giving u a £250 tax free bonus yearly.

They advise they were giving staff a 10%

bonus thru C-19 about £1 per hour you worked but you lost 10 hours a week
fast and fun
i mainly worked on nights with one other person, i sometimes worked in the day with other staff which was fun and exciting and sometimes challenging. its nice to work as a team providing the general public
Great company
Overall I enjoy working for such a fast growing company, that's only going to get better, with great products, ranging from fresh produce to special items, all at affordable cost to all families.
Fast Paced
a typical day at work would consist of, coming in early in the morning when customers arent here. Stacking the shelves with fruit, veg and meat. Once the shop is open, you may go onto tills or continue stacking shelves in other departments.
Excellent company to work for
I only worked at Aldi for just over a year and only left due to relocating to Northern Ireland (they are not over here). I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Aldi.
Aldi review
For job security and salary Aldi is great the culture however takes some getting used to this is a very corporate environment
The offices are to a high standard. The level of responsibility at Assistant level is what you would expect as a manager in another business
LA - role
Poor level of management, unethical approach to promotion n hiring.

Not diverse in terms of management,employees. More of a tick box as individuals are not evaluated based on merit but rather favoritism etc

Selectors are overly worked, misleading working hours even thou you are contreacted 230. Ypubare expected to work 180 or 200 a month. Untill late in the morning. Unhealthy and not a good balance for individuals with family or social life.
Very good to work for.
Aldi have a strong team and welcome new members with open arms. They train and help others to get to their standard without much stress. Aldi pays an impeccable amount, but the hours are long and stressful