ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 985 reviews matching the search See all 4,431 reviews
Poor managemnt
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 October 2018
Management turned funny against me from the day I made them aware I was pregnant they made me feel very small and was not compassionate regarding the fact I was having a tough time with my son and been a single parent I had worked with them for 6 years and it had a bad effect on my mental health to which even my doctor advise I left the job , they even had my job title down as a stock assistant for 3 years and paid me stock assistant rate which was lower than store assistant yet they have never rectified the problem or paid what I was owed from the 3 years
Pros
Pay rate
poor company
Aldi Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 October 2018
Poor management and job advancement. a lot of stress for poor money (for what you have to do) no difference in the roles only the massive pay gap. my advise if you want to move forward in your career look else were becuse no matter how good you are chances of promotion is zero.
Great place to work with a lot of benefits to the job
Aldi is Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhuddlan15 October 2018
I’ve worked at Aldi for 6 years and is a great company to work for always push and drive you to the best of your ability, always room for progression which I’ve always loved.
Pros
Good team ethic
Productive workplace
Management Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 October 2018
Very demanding and fast paced place of work. When you’re not on a till, you’re stocking shelves and ensuring availability for customers, as well as ensuring high store standards are met.
any
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London14 October 2018
a typical day at work
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
by good service and products
promoted in work
good salary
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hors
Aldi is a great employer if you want a very competitive wage while maintaining a good work life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 October 2018
Aldi is a company I have worked for four years and I have had a very good time there.
From personal development within the company to being apart of a company that is very fast growing with success, you really do feel like your apart of something bigger working for aldi
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Very hard work
Well paid and good experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alton13 October 2018
Hard work, but good learning and pay. Although the store manager was good, some of the assistant managers weren't very effect and were quite demotivating in their style. Quite physical work, pressured to work fast and with time restraints. There was no regular shift pattern but the staff were friendly. The experience I gained was really good and I did most of the roles within the store rather than just sitting on a till all day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High pressure to get stuff done in tight timescales
Hard work but worth it
Apprentice Manager (Current Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside11 October 2018
You definitely do earn your wages but its worth it making connections with regular customers and challenging yourself everyday in a new way . Friendly colleagues also
Pros
good hours
Cons
hard work
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex11 October 2018
I liked working there alot everyone was very nice i worked there for 6 months made some good friends and enjoyed seeing the customers smile and making sure they had a good day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/a
Good
Cajera (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 October 2018
Good place to work at but could be much better with the right manager.
Pros
paid breaks, good salary
Fast paced
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2018
Good team, flexible management, no issue in getting required days off. Social life suffers from weekend work. Average pay for the industry. Productivity targets constantly raised
Aldi
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kiddermisnter4 October 2018
Very stressful and fast paced job. Often working the job of management and cleaner within a day, you are expected to start early working stock and getting it out as quickly as possible whilst also balancing being called down to the tills.
Pros
payment
Cons
very stressful
Schnelle Arbeitsumgebung
Verkäufer (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 October 2018
Schnelle Arbeitsumgebung, aber sehr nettes Management und Kollegen. Die Gehälter sind sehr lohnend und Sie erhalten auch einige Vorteile.
regimental but good pay
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donegaltown2 October 2018
ALDI can be a tough place to work, wouldn't recommend if you have a bad back or any ailments like this. from when you go in the door till its time to go home you never stop, its a constant flow of work. the time goes quick and the pay is good. But youre only a number to them.
Pros
pay
Cons
heavy work
not a good job
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 September 2018
This company is treats its dyslexic employes realy badly ,the management do not lisen to eney logic and do not care about staff or customers very robotic . do your self a favour don't apply to work here you will be treated like a robot I promise.

this company needs to take a long hard look at who they recruit as managers as they all seem to bring the worst out of people and stranegly they see this as a productive approach ,possable becaued of the very young naive area managers how are fresh out of uni and most have got a clue about retail because they have never done the job at any level so how they can pass judgment is beyond me.

The enjoyable part of this job is clocking out and going home....
Pros
non
Cons
to much fluctuation in hours better being self employed
Well paid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire27 September 2018
Good money but very demanding. Very high pressure to achieve key performance indicators with little or no thanks or feedback . Never a weekend off and expect to work until midnight or later
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Long hrs
productive
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire25 September 2018
I used to work nights at Aldi so used to work in the shop without customers. used to listen to music while putting stock out, used to be part of a good team that worked hard
Pros
good hourly rate of pay
p4roductive and fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  blyth24 September 2018
Really enjoyed working at adli but worked throught out the angency and never got paid.
would work for aldis again but only if I got my money that was owed and not having to do spilt shifts
Pros
never got paid
Cons
exciting
Productive and goal oriented environment.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 September 2018
I had been working as a manager for one year. As a deputy manager I was challenged every day with different tasks, which included organising the job tasks for my team and making sure everything is being finished to a high standard. I was expected to implement any changes which could improve store performance.
Pros
Lots of responsibility.
Cons
Bad work and life balance.
Good
Warerhouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 September 2018
Its was a fast paced enviroment where they wanted you out asap. For someone who would like more hours due to family i had to try to get more hours. Postion never felt secure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51K