Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Nhs
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 March 2018
As an NHS Foundation Trust, Alder Hey always strives to provide the highest possible level of care to the patients & their families.

NHS financial constraints and pressures however make it very difficult for staff to maintain a satisfactory level of work-life balance.
Enjoyed my time at alderhey prefared old hospital felt more at home
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 September 2017
Typical day at work would be to prioritise work for my colleagues and make sure all areas are covered to be cleaned to very high standard.
I learnt so much in my job role treating staff with respect and gaining respect in return also more knowledge to my role
I enjoyed Working as part of a team and training staff to achieve there goals also enjoyed working with families and members of the public to better there children's stay and make them comfatable just like at home.
Hardest part of my job was seeing so many sick children and not being able to do more for them but to make them feel like it was home.
I had a good working relationship with all managers.
Good workplace
Pathway Coordinator (Medical Secretary) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 March 2017
Friendly staff and plenty of opportunity to learn.
Good management structure and great nursing staff, doctors and admin staff.
People are very friendly and ready to help. Good working environment.
Una empresa con estabilidad laboral, y con apoyo continuo para mejorar el aprendizaje
FARMACÉUTICA ESPECIALISTA (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 April 2016
Es una empresa que desde el dia que entras te dan una buena formación y adaptan en la medida de lo posible tu trabajo a tu vida personal.
El horario de trabajo al ser horario Europeo se puede compaginar bastante bien con tu vida personal , familiar..

Es un trabajo de equipo con todos los profesionales sanitarios muy interesante y enriquecedor.

Lo mejor el compañerismo y el trabajo en equipo.

Lo peor, en ocasiones se trabaja con presión, debido al gran trabajo que se puede presentar en las plantas debido a un aumento imprevisible de admisiones.

Me gusto mucho la cantidad de cosas que se aprenden todos los días al estar en contacto con miembros sanitarios altamente cualificados.Y la calidad, profesionalidad e inteligencia de mi jefa Clínica, Andrea Gil.
Great hospital to work in!
Ward Clerk/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG8 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my work at Alder Hey, and I only left as I found work closer to home, but it was the wrong move. My week was very varied, and I was able to manage my own time except in emergencies. I split my duties , so for part of the week I was office based, and for the other part I was ward based, whilst remaining flexible and adaptable to meed the demands of the busy environment of the childrens' hospital. The staff were great and the nurses very committed, and the patients and families were so lovely, even when things were not so good. I enjoyed being out on the ward, supporting the nurses, answering the telephones, liaising with the teams, but the hardest part was the travelling to/from work. That said, I would relish working there again!
The other hard part was staff shortages, which meant staff having to ring staff at home to see if they were available to work overtime, when they may have already worked a 40hour week! Generally, staff were supportive of each other.
I would start the day running off my ward list, then liaising with the Team Leader re patients - admissions/discharges/transfers etc, ensuring inpatients were listed under correct consultant (for costing purposes), ensured patients going for surgery were documented on the computer (also for costing purposes), and any patients being discharged had a full discharge summary completed by the doctors - I had to make sure this was faxed to GPs within the necessary timescale, and we were monitored. The last three things listed here had a costing impact (known as PBR).
The work was varied, and I never had
  more... two days the same, so it was never boring or monotonous!
A great place to work.
Pros
I could be a little flexible with time, able to fully utilise my time
Cons
getting to/from work
Productive and fun place
Junior Systems Specialist in the IM&T (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG26 March 2014
My daily duties include:
- collecting phone faults/complaints and passing them to the corrct resolver;
- raising orders;
- handling assigned tickets;
- working in projects;
A fantastic place to work.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG23 October 2013
I have always loved my job here, that I started as a student. I drive a 48 mile round trip to get here so I guess I must show some loyalty to it.

My colleagues are fantastic. I love working with them all. The reason I have rated job security and management as three stars is because the recent privatisation of the department that I work in has led to (for the moment), less hours, changing the structures of rota's and other things detrimental to the morale of a happy workforce.

Day to day life is different in this place so there's never really a dull moment. I just look to now advance my career and if I could work over this department I would be happy to do so as I love the people!
stressfull work environment , due to new move to new building
safety, security management specialist (Former Employee) –  estates departmewnt24 September 2012
start at 8:00am and finish at 6:00pm
learned massive amount about learning the system, management very demanding.
co-workers excellent and very supportive
dealing with thefts and verbal abuse towards staff.
working with the staff are great
Pros
the staff
Cons
the management