Akari Care

Akari Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews
Need to train and hire people more suitable and qualified for the job. Should put all staff on mandatory training in health and social care level 2 minimum. It shouldn't be a hire for all that can do the hours policy. Just because you are in management or senior position don't feel you are to good to do the basics from personal care to cleaning. Set an example!
Pros
Work when i can and want. But mainly do to lack of staff.
Cons
Staff need training and qualifications
Don’t look after staff dont care about staff concerns. No consequences! Inferior care. Poor leadership. Staff favouritism.the home in state of disrepair and unhygienic. Avoid all costs
Pros
Cons
All above
I enjoy working for Akari, the management and senior management are very supportive.
There are opportunities for development and training is encouraged and available for all levels of staff.
Pros
Good support
Cons
Long shifts
I’ve started at Akari during the COVID pandemic and I’ve been impressed with the interview and training process as well as the things put into place to support staff. Working in care is always challenging but I really think this business want to make a difference.
Pros
Supportive environment
Typical day here would be As soon as you get in the door your work starts, no time for talking to anyone. Then Help and training was minimal with very little help from anyone just complaints and Back stabbing comments to management, who don't give a dam about what you think. Often had to work after hours due to increasing workload. DON'T WORK HERE
Pros
Cons
Stressful, Management without any skills, and unhelpful staff
My statement is made purely on the home I worked for . However I did get moved to other Akari care homes . Most of them were ok .
The management were unfair and biased. They did not treat the staff with respect they did not care about the staff . There was no communication it was stressful and staff were expected to do extra jobs with not enough staff . Some staff and seniors did not follow correct procedures
Management dont listen. Managers covering Managers mistakes. Bullying. Seniors think there duties are only medication & diary work. Seniors too worried about Carers doing the job & making meds mistakes. Staff backstabbing staff working on different floors. Carers always in the wrong. Wages constantly wrong. No lee-way for those with children. Staff arent a team.
Pros
Cons
Far too many to type out
Very toxic environment, quick to throw you under the bus. No support from management who gossip and break confidentiality. Staff constantly backstabbing each other. Never experienced depression and anxiety like I have while working for Akari. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
This company is to be avoided at all costs, especially if you actually care about individuals.
Management cover up mistakes made by certain staff members. Dont discipline wrong doings.

Leave staff to be bullied by management and other staff. Treat everyone in a manner I wouldn't even treat a dog. In all my years of care work I have never known a place to be so bad before
Pros
Overtime every week
Cons
Bad management, no benefits, poor staffing, poor treatment.
Not a good company to work for. Lot of favouritism goes on. The good staff who go above and beyond get treated unfairly. Lazy ones get away with everything
Pros
Lovely Residents
Cons
Poor pay. Not enough time with the residents
Staff are not trained correctly its say residential but its mental health as nearly every day we are punched,kicked,thrown on the floor. Management are unprofessional speck to staff like were dogs staff and are bullied residents dont get the care they need as they need mental health care and care staff are not trained for this kind of care.New staff are not made welcome by the current staff.
When a manager refuses to deal with problems or acknowledge that they are even there, it is not surprising that some staff take advantage of this.
There are many hard working and caring staff who go above and beyond for the residents but there are also many that I would not want looking after anyone I cared about.
Horrible. The mood of the building depends on what mood the manager is in that day. The company need to remember it's people's home as well as a work place. Lots of staff depressed and stressed, I left when the job started affecting me, there's better jobs and managers elsewhere
Workerd at Philips Court. Management was the worse, units and staff were all bickering.. terrible rate of pay for everything you put up with. Too tight to give you better pay and they don’t even like to take there resident out.. units are understaffed constantly
Cons
This is a hard job at times but very rewarding.
It's nice to know you are helping people and making thete life better and happier.

It a be challenging at times but worth it.
Poor Management and a culture that depends on if your face fits. Some staff really shouldn't be in the care industry as their care is shocking but nothing ever done.
I've worked for akari for Over 10 years. I loved my job until the housekeeper started, she's very manipulative and she's a bully. Nothing was ever good enough for her. The manager doesn't care either and is very unprofessional. the carers however work so hard and go above and beyond for the residents but they are never appreciated. Leaving there was the right decision for me.

ever made.
The other staff members and management talk about eachother behind their backs! Complete lack of understanding and support. Management don’t care about you as a person but care about you as a number! Started out great but because of bad environment I began to dread work!
Pros
Lovely homes/residents
Cons
The home I worked in was poorly managed, ran on an unrealistic budget and the staff had massive training issues as well as issues with rotas, and how they were treated by seniors and management due to the high pressure environment.
There is very little morale in the home, the better staff are expected to pick up the dead weight of the others. The lack of direction and management meant there are too many Cheifs and not enough Indians.

Unfortunately what has the potential to be a good home is poorly managed, poorly staffed and poorly funded. Overall I have felt the residents feel the thin edge of the wedge. Such a shame.
Bullies and high pressure management there is a blame culture CEO was also subjected to this finance and HR are a joke they cannot keep managers as they treat them as scape goats
Dangerous place to work. Terrible management, no leadership or support to the very few decent carers left. Minimum wage for a stressful dead end job. Administrators are running the homes for minimum wage, managers are barely qualified and deputy manager is a joke.
Pros
Lovely residents