Akari Care Employee Reviews

Overal verry bad
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire14 April 2019
I worked for akari for 3 years,and was bullued out of my job for being a lone parent
Bad management and area managemant and staff did not care.
Food choice was poir,did not operate an open door policy.
Pros
You got certificates for the training
Cons
Mostly everything
Lovely company to work for
Senior Support staff (Current Employee) –  Regional12 April 2019
Joined a year ago management very nice. Always on the other end of the phone if you need them. Always happy to help. Actually listen to you. The company is a good company.
Pros
Management listen homes are lovely.
No day is the same
Care Home Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 April 2019
I love working at Akari Care, being a carer is not the best paid job but it is very rewarding.

I love that every day is different and I get the chance to make good friends and be there for our residents.

Since I have joined Akari I have progressed from Carer to Care home Practitioner, they have put me through all the training I needed and supported at every step of the way.
Pros
Progression
Terrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanley20 February 2019
Constantly understaffed and over worked. Poor management and lack of support for hard working staff, while others are lazy and avoid work at all costs. Lose an hour each shift even though its rare you get a break. Avoid unless you want to be worked like a slave and left to feel unappreciated.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Poor management and lack of breaks
Rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 February 2019
I loved working at Akari Care, the jo is so rewarding and knowing you are going home and that day knowing you have helped someone and cared for someone makes you so happy, i cant fault the business but sometimes management depending on the home you are in can be very unfair at times but other than that i loved every minute of working with my colleagues and residents.
Horrible
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yarm, North Yorkshire14 February 2019
I didn’t work there long and I hated it. Manager was very unsupportive. The pay was rubbish. Long hours. Staff were amazing. Always putting extra work on you.. And complained when other things weren’t done as we didn’t have the time to do it.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Senior night care assistant prudhoe
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe, Northumberland29 January 2019
Don’t do It,,unless you do not care ,,staff are shocking ,,management even worse.if you do not care about human life then this is the place for you . You will not fail if you are son daughter boyfriend of management...
Pros
Getting out ASAP started a new job
Cons
Saying yes to the job in the first place
Poor
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northumberland14 January 2019
Long hour's, very low pay, complacent staff. Lots of staff taking sick leave. Constantly recruiting new staff, but sadly people don't stay long due to very low pay and groups of care staff doing their own thing. Many agency staff used to keep the home running due to high sickness rates and staff leaving, there's a very high turn over of staff.
Pros
Cons
Very poor wages, long hour's, constantly short staffed.
Terrible place to work
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyneside4 January 2019
Disgusted with everything about this company. Constantly understaffed. No value given to the hard working carers. Management bullying. Rotas changed without notice. Bad practice in all areas of care.
Pros
Cons
Bad management Understaffed poor wages., Take a hour off each shift for breaks for breaks wether you have them or not., Low staff morale
Avoid
Former Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 December 2018
Staff shortages, bullying, no managerial support whatsoever. Residents great lovely people. Staff lazy and complacent. Never again even if paid double. £££s matter not people unfortunately.
Pros
Residents fab
working within akari care
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear14 November 2018
i work within a care home on night shift
i assist people with eating and drinking before assisting them to bed and making them comfortable. When they are asleep i then am required to do light domestic duties such as hovering cleaning the dining room and both lounges and toilets. i am also required to do spot checks to make sure residents are ok and then i do paper work towards the end of the shift before i assist them to get up in the morning and into the lounge safely ready for morning staff.
i have learned many skills and i think the most important one is how valuable family is. The new management is friendly and upbeat and is easly aprocable. the hardest part about this job is when residents pass away,we dress and clean the residents before family members come and say there last goodbye and after they have been a resident so long they become apart of the place and are deeply missed.
the most enjoyable part about this job is seeing the residents faces happy and seeing a smile upon there faces also getting to know the families.
Pros
happy residents
Cons
hard to say goodbye when they pass
Don’t apply
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yarm, North Yorkshire5 November 2018
If you like to work long hours, be over worked, under appropriated, under paid and love to be miserable at work then this is your type of job. The only benefit is the staff that work thir are friendly and amazing people.
Pros
Staff are amazing
Cons
Everything else
Understaffed,overworked,under paid
Carer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent28 October 2018
Frequently short staffed,can be caring for a lot of elderly,vulnerable people alone,although the nurses,some of which are lovely,will help.the attitude of staff is,Why report anything that is of importance,as management will not try to resolve the problem. Underpaid for the very hard work,the staff are expected to do.the staff have no time,to spend any quality time with the residents. After working there,although the work is rewarding,for the carers,that actually care,has put me off ever working in a nursing home again
Pros
Free lunch, well the left overs
Cons
Long hours, unappreciated
Dreadful Place/company to work for.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  North East25 October 2018
Senior management, he talks to staff like dirt and belittles them , and curses a lot.
Unable to complain with in the company as all senior management are very friendly with each other.
Poor pay long hours
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands22 October 2018
Poor pay long hours expected to do regular overtime and not have any life outside of work. This company pay minimum wage and expect far too much for it. They don’t understand why they have no staff and rely on agency. Ummm could be the rubbish pay when other homes in the area pay above minimum or could be the home manager who makes decent staff leave.
Got to the point where I only stayed as was attached to the people I looked after. Would not recommend this company to anyone as they don’t care at all about the residents only lining their pockets with profits .
Pros
Cons
Paying £1.50 for lunch, Wages wrong and having to wait until following month for shortfall, Will employ anyone who passes a DBS, work with a lot of agency who stand and watch whilst getting paid ££ more an hour
A supportive and place to work with high standards and expectations
Home Manger (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 October 2018
I joined Akari after several decades within the NHS, working through the NHS roles from staff nurse to senior manager with more and more being expected with little thanks, feeling undervalued and exhausted and frustrated at not being able to deliver high quality care.
Akari has relit my passion for care of the elderly giving 100% support to my changes and ideas. We are in regular contact with a very hands on and nurturing CEO . I have a good relationship with a positive and enthusiastic Regional Manager who shares my vision for excellent quality outcomes.
I have felt welcomed, valued and inspired.I can not recommend the company enough if you are jaded within your current management role.
Budgets, KPIs, Governance, Valued Staff is the same wherever you work as Akari is a business but the Residents are at the core of everything closely followed by the staff who are like a family.
Pros
Job security, Peoples pension, Training for revalidation, NMC PINs paid
Cons
Salried, unpaid on call.
Bad company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 October 2018
Worst company i have ever worked for. Avoid working for this company. Look at job vacancies for this company. Says it all... Some good carers some lazy carers. And of course there is always cliques. Avoid. Avoid.
Pros
Non
Worst company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 October 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management rude and arrogant staff seriously clicky get no support in anything you do. And are worse then useless with the care they provide to service users longest 2 month of my life.
Pros
Non
Poor work/life balance
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands16 September 2018
Care staff try really hard to work as a team, but there’s only so much cover can be provided by not enough staff, made to feel like you should live and breathe for the company but wages never paid correctly and it’s almost never corrected unless you hound them. Contractually, you’re not obliged to do overtime, but you’re made to feel like you HAVE to do it, which is ironic as it’s expected, but you don’t get the pay associated with the time you put in. Sad, as it could be lovely, the residents are lovely but staff are not valued.
Cons
Long hours, incorrect pay.
Avoid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire3 September 2018
A real lack of leadership.....too many chiefs and not enough indians. Some staff are very complacent in their role and have a total lack of empathy or respect for the clients they are supposed to be caring for.
Very clicky staff....some of which like to imitate the residents......you know who you are!!!!!
Avoid working for this company unless you want stress related issues.
On the plus side the clients are wonderful and the home itself is beautiful....its just a shame they have 'silly kids' looking after them.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Clicky staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akari Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6