AJ Recruitment
Here to help
Coronavirus update

AJ Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Good company to work for. However, pay could be better and match those of other recruitment agencies. Great team in the office and owners!! I have gained some really good experience and knowledge working with AJ. I wish AJ had advancement opportunities and training beyond level two
Staffs are helpful and acknowledge phone calls. Staff are friendly.
Appreciated the support worker efforts. Speak nicely to SW and and make efforts to find a suitable work.

listen
Good
Cons
I was placed to work with an older boy with autism when it was my first job working. I was not eased into it but thrown into the deep end. I said I wanted to quit and was pressured to carry on working. I still quit!
The company values are extremely important to AJ and everyone who joins should have these great personal values within them.

The management team are supportive and encourage everyone to be the best they can be

Loads of training and progression opportunities

Gift vouchers for your birthday and little cards and treats for other achievements or celebrations.

A great, positive team who always have the service users at the heart of what they are doing,
I have worked for AJ Recruitment for the past 4 months and i absolutely love it! The management team are amazing and are really invested in my training and ensuring that i achieve the most out of the experience.

The team is full of some of the most dedicated and passionate people i have EVER met.

It is the best place to work!
I have been working at AJ Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years.

Values are at the heart of everything AJ does. AJ's company values were written collectively by their employees and now everyone at AJ is encouraged daily to identify these company values in themselves, their colleagues and the AJ brand which I think really brings them to life. I love how all departments at AJ have so many opportunities to work together as a team, which creates a great working atmosphere. Since joining AJ over 5 years ago, I have been offered fantastic opportunities to progress in my role and in the organisation, through both in-house training and opportunities to complete 2 qualifications to help better me in my role. In my marketing role, it is really important to me that AJ is seen as the successful, remarkable and well lead company that it is. I take great pride in my position with the business and look forward to growing more and more in my role and as a person because of AJ.

I am really pleased to say that I am truly grateful for all of the opportunities AJ has given me and therefore cannot think of a bad word to say.

AJ has never failed to create a great working atmosphere, all I would say is keep this going and keep working as a team and we can't go far wrong!
"I am proud to be part of the AJ Team!"
I have been working at AJ Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years.

Advice to Management

Only worked for AJ a short time but really enjoy the variety of support and encouragements I have been asked to work in.
The office have been incredibly quick and yet extremely thorough when it came to getting everything in place so I could start very impressed so far.
Busy workplace with a large variety of work.
Plenty of shifts available and a good rate of pay.

All the staff are nice to deal with and always easy to contact.
Pros
Plenty of shifts
Cons
some very short notice
Telling you that they had hours for you but when it came to it there wasnt enough to go around. ringing you with hours knowing that you cant do them and telling you that you had to go no matter what or change what you was doing so that you could work for them and not do what you had planned
Very poor communication with management, they were always very pushy to schedule shifts outside of an already established weekly availability and would beg for you to travel further out without any extra compensation for mileage. Very unsympathetic if you have to call in sick and would still beg you to attend the shift despite being ill. Pay was slightly above minimum wage however if you factor the car mileage in you have to pay to get to your assigned place then the wage is minimum.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Hostile Placements
Worst job you could have
Low pay .

Really bad management.

Unpaid training .

Expected to do training before work and after work.

No training .

Punished for having family problems or health problems .
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management
Great place to work if you put the effort in then you get the results out 😀
They offer training coaching and have some of the best systems on the market plus they have been doing this for 15 years
Pros
Bonus great atmosphere and fun place
Cons
Some people don’t make it but then that’s down to them
Great company to work for. Friendly atmosphere and a very caring culture. Decent hours and supportive managers, all the staff are really lovely to get along with and everyone is passionate about their work
Enjoyed the job, did not enjoy the way staff were treated. Poor rota'ing, didnt get to know plans in advance, wage was poor considering the amount of driving you were made to do.
good flexiable hard working. each day is different. management good to get on with. enjoy doing all aspects of my job role no matter where it is. managers help you where they can
Was only offered shifts out of my local area meaning it was trains & buses often. Told it was 7.75-8.50 an hour and was routinely paid 7.50. Left due to lack of shifts in Leeds even though it claimed to have "loads"