Airbus Group

Airbus Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom205 reviews
Airbus
Great & varied job working alongside a fantastic group of people.
The work can be very fast paced at times but always well supported.

The only downside is that Airbus no longer employ permanent admin staff so therefore you are always on a temp contract. Having said that some have been there for 17+ years. However. You will find that terms & conditions are no longer so beneficial for those joining as opposed to those who have been there 12+ years.
Great Company
I did 2 weeks work experience there and it is a great place to work.
I was given a plan at the beginning of the week and worked in each area to see what I thought of each area and which I would be most interested in working in.
Fast paced, deadlines to reach, however, good colleague support
A typical day involved working to deadlines of stock required by engineers, ensure parts/tools are delivered to various departments on site. When required, overtime was offered at weekends, which was usually given out fairly to staff that agreed to work .
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Temporary position
Ok
Ok company until corona virus came along good team good training very good atmosphere gained a great deal of experience as mentioned a shame corona has decimated them
Employment
Decent enjoyable job but has fallen into very uncertain times and it has been unfortunate for contracted workers like myself being made redundant, due to the global situation.
Productive and diverse company,
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Airbus working on all project across the rage of aircraft, can be very challenging but also satisfying.
Would recommend working here.
Airbus is a company that likes to portray itself positively
Airbus is a company that likes to portray itself positively but is very bureaucratic, has disorganised processes which are difficult to follow at times and this leads to confusion about roles and responsibilities.
It is a good company to work for as a stepping stone for career development but not somewhere to be viewed as a long term employment prospect
Great place to work.
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere, constant work flow, always something to keep you busy.
management are nice and fair plus Lots of opportunities available.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Airbus Group?
Good
Ok place to work and supportive with career progression.
Secure work and felt valued as an employee.

Work life balance good and bonus every year is a great incentive
Airbus Defence Space was a good place to work and the shop floor personnel get the job done because of their motivated attitude!
Unfortunately they are lead by managers with little to no experience!

There are too many middle managers that are not required, therefore making the company top heavy and Unit Price Cost being high due to the number of these employees of a cost nature rather than a asset nature! Many of the shop floor employees do the middle managers tasks jobs but the managers take credit for work they haven't done! Also the lack of man management skills is very evident from these managers too!
Challenging and fulfilling
Great international team across all sites.
Very inspirational people delivering fantastic products.

Many career opportunities in the UK and international.
18 great years but terrible way I was laid off
Had 18 great years at Airbus. I didn't deverve the way I was released and made unemployed. It could have been done a lot better. The work culture is very good and my work colleagues were second to none. Most managers were great but towards the end I was very unimpressed especially by the way I was treated. However I would always recommend Airbus as the people make the company not bad managers.
Great working environment
Challenging tasks and welcoming people, great environment to be in. The processes in place work very well, there is an expectation that things will get signed off. Friendly people.
Productive and efficient clean pleasant environment
I worked as a team -co-ordinator for the last 15 yrs of my employment ,I lead a team of 40 people on the A380 project.
As I had a fairly knowledgeable team the work was straight forward and issues were quickly ironed out , we were a close knit team that socialised together on many an occasion,we tended to look after each other and made the work easy for each other. The management above my level respected the work I was doing and allowed me to go beyond my remit to ensure the work was carried out ,on time,to budget and to cost this was the best part of the job, the worst part was, as the A380 project came to a close we were required to shed members of the team to other parts of the business and some people did not want to move this was a stressful time for all of us
Really friendly environment
Great place to work! Extremely friendly work environment and great collaboration between most parts of the company. A lot of room for moving about and getting involved in a lot of projects.
Very busy place
This is a very busy work place but well paid. needs more attention to individual skills and how to use them to help the business improve. I did however enjoy working there.
great place to work
i was only working for Agency, but when i worked along side Airbus employees they didnt see me any different they treated me as one of their staff.I would give it all five stars if was for Airbus but as i was on agency the stars i have given are for the agency.
Good collegues - poor aurocratic management
Incompetent Manager who could not delegate, had been side step promoted to the "off main line" department I was working in.
3 progress meetings a week covering the same material over and over again for the sake of reporting.

Reports being re written by manager to cover up controversial points to get his bonus.

How they ever get a plane in the air beats me.

The team working behind the managers back was excellent, but I stood by my comments and published the facts to the disgust of the manager and his bonus.
Pros
cheap school dinners
Cons
autocratic minute management
A good place to work.
I honestly don't know what to right as a review.
Working at Airbus is an extremely good place with plenty to keep you occupied unfortunately the contract ended.
i loved working at airbus
the team I worked were great, the only reason I left was I couldn't live off the money, It wass a busy job but not too much pressure, if I thought there was a chance of a permanent position I would have thought about staying ther
Nothing special
OK but not for me - poor Management.
Flexi-time - 35 hours / week.

Too many contracted staff with high staff turnover in this area.

Free parking and transport links.

Fascinating history to entire site.
Pros
Flexi-time 35 hours