Airbus Group Employee Reviews

Work environment
SC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol6 May 2018
excellent company to work for Airbus
many benefits and good training.
i enjoyed working here. Good staff and quality environment.

Training is available.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
often training neglected
Constructive and rewarding work environment.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 April 2018
Employees and those on work experience placements ingegrated well as a team, and gained a proper understanding of how the company was run and how deadlines were met.
Good company to work for
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire29 March 2018
Many happy years and have enjoyed my roles. Planning and attaining interal meeting. Most enjoyable is meeting supplier and helping them improve. Reworking to some of the time scales can be hard to maintain. Work place culture is very good. Management in fair and understanding.
Secure job.
Skilled Fitter (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 March 2018
Order back log of around 5 years work, over time if needed. Required tools are hard to come by which is astonishing for a company of this size. Good location
enjoyable place to work
Aircraft Fitter (Former Employee) –  Chester15 March 2018
Involved in working as a team in a fast moving production line in the manufacture of aircraft wing assemblies
learnt a lot of engineering manufacture skills and attended many courses and received certificates and credit for this.
a good enviroment to work in and good benifits schemes for employees.
Pros
big company so good benefit schemes and pay
Cons
hard to climb up ladder as so many employees
Fast paced manufacturing enviroment
Skilled Aircraft Fitter (Current Employee) –  Broughton2 March 2018
High paced environment where teamwork and strong communication skills are essential. Work in teams of approximately 20 people. The nature of the high paced environment means that following manufacturing standards is essential as deadlines have to be met due to a high customer demand. High focus on Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Relaxed and friendly
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford18 February 2018
Relaxed and friendly workplace. Very modern office and was very happy there for the short time that I worked there. The people were very welcoming and the job was calm.
Engineering excellence
Catia V5 Automated Assembly Programmer (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire16 February 2018
Good place to work and see a huge variety of different engineering disciplines come together to assemble state of the art aerospace technology. A great location in North Wales, but with great prospects for young apprentices thinking of a future in engineering.
Relatively Enjoyable Workplace
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire13 February 2018
Airbus can be a mixed bag of a place to work depending on the location. Luckily there are numerous sites to choose from and some are utterly fantastic in terms of location and the staff working there. Salaries are somewhat weak but job security is strong.
Fantastic Aerospace Company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2018
Working for Airbus is interesting but it is easy to get lost in the corporate big company where people easily lose sight of the focus on engineering. Job security, benefits and locations to work are fantastic.
Contractor
Switchboard Operator Full Time (shift work) (Current Employee) –  Stevenage3 February 2018
Not being made permanent for a job ive been in more than 2+yrs
Being trained on the New switchboard
Great facilities when we get access
Shift patterns 0800 to 1730 over three starting times
Pros
Nice People
Good Team Building
SAFETY & QUALITY MANAGER / CHIEF INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  INDONESIA27 January 2018
Airbus is a high-performance environment. But performance isn’t just about what you achieve: it’s also about how you achieve it.

All Airbus employees live by a set of guiding principles that enable everyone to share common values and behaviours. But 'shared' does not mean that everyone should be exactly the same.

Instead, we encourage individuality. We embrace diversity. We want people to bring their own style and contribute to the richness of our organisation. We are inspired by each other’s knowledge and experiences. We foster a fun, friendly environment to encourage sharing and collaboration so we can thrive as individuals.

Learning every day is part of who we are. Mobility of skills and resources helps our business move forward and our people develop. The opportunities to learn from working in new teams, functions and countries are central to our success. We grow and learn together, drawing from our diverse experiences and shared passion for aeronautics, space and defence.
Pros
Out bound Every years ( team building )
Cons
effectively
An excitement!
HR Learning and Competence (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
On of the most exciting industries to work in! A dynamic environment! The thing I mostly loved about the job is working with people, solving problems and the daily challenge which taught me a problem solving and being able to think on the spot.
Bajo
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth8 January 2018
No me gusto como trataban a los contractors. Eu una cultura muy ipocrita
A big company full of bureaucracy with weak management
ENS Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage2 January 2018
A big company full of bureaucracy with weak management. There are a lot of opportunities to move around and to travel. The flexi working is good if you have a family.
Technically Challenging and Rewarding
detailed stress engineer engaged (Former Employee) –  Stevenage13 December 2017
Working with team lead to perform stress analysis of structural parts and system components using computer tools

Learned about detail stressing using classical method of analysis and FEM

High regard for management and workplace culture

Understanding some aspects of NASTRAN was challenging
Freindly staff
Industrial cadet (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 December 2017
The staff were always free to have a talk with you about their experience in the company and what they do and how they got there. This gives you some knowledge on how you can choose a suitable role for you at Airbus and how you can get there.
Pros
Lots of knowledge
Cons
Takes long to take in all that knowledge
poor management of client aspirations and unreasonable demands
Senior Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth1 December 2017
There was little or no understanding of security methodology or of the implications of decisions made from that position of ignorance. The culture was one of knee-jerk decision making regardless of plans and schedules based on a customer who principle approach was to bully into submission using the threat of future work, or not, as a weapon to enforce submission.

The hardest part of the job was coming to terms with my inability to impact on this culture.

The most enjoyable part was I got to work with a really dedicated, skilled, and sociable workforce working hard to surmount these issues and, largely, achieving results.
Pros
Personnel
Cons
Poor Management Decisions
Positive experience as a contractor
Category Manager (Interim) (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire23 November 2017
Positive experience as an external contractor.
Fast paced work ethic with positive management in place. Work driven by the business demand such as the rate increase
Good Place for Professional Growth
Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire14 November 2017
Good work culture and teams. Very interesting Jobs sometimes. World-class and advanced Learning facilities. Sure shot rapid growth on professional levels in 5-7 years for high performers.
Pros
Image, Brand, End to end process knowledge
Cons
less technical work, more management, not very exciting salaries for permanents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3