Airbus Group Employee Reviews

Engineering excellence
Catia V5 Automated Assembly Programmer (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire16 February 2018
Good place to work and see a huge variety of different engineering disciplines come together to assemble state of the art aerospace technology. A great location in North Wales, but with great prospects for young apprentices thinking of a future in engineering.
Fantastic Aerospace Company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2018
Working for Airbus is interesting but it is easy to get lost in the corporate big company where people easily lose sight of the focus on engineering. Job security, benefits and locations to work are fantastic.
Contractor
Switchboard Operator Full Time (shift work) (Current Employee) –  Stevenage3 February 2018
Not being made permanent for a job ive been in more than 2+yrs
Being trained on the New switchboard
Great facilities when we get access
Shift patterns 0800 to 1730 over three starting times
Pros
Nice People
Good Team Building
SAFETY & QUALITY MANAGER / CHIEF INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  INDONESIA27 January 2018
Airbus is a high-performance environment. But performance isn’t just about what you achieve: it’s also about how you achieve it.

All Airbus employees live by a set of guiding principles that enable everyone to share common values and behaviours. But 'shared' does not mean that everyone should be exactly the same.

Instead, we encourage individuality. We embrace diversity. We want people to bring their own style and contribute to the richness of our organisation. We are inspired by each other’s knowledge and experiences. We foster a fun, friendly environment to encourage sharing and collaboration so we can thrive as individuals.

Learning every day is part of who we are. Mobility of skills and resources helps our business move forward and our people develop. The opportunities to learn from working in new teams, functions and countries are central to our success. We grow and learn together, drawing from our diverse experiences and shared passion for aeronautics, space and defence.
Pros
Out bound Every years ( team building )
Cons
effectively
An excitement!
HR Learning and Competence (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
On of the most exciting industries to work in! A dynamic environment! The thing I mostly loved about the job is working with people, solving problems and the daily challenge which taught me a problem solving and being able to think on the spot.
Bajo
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth8 January 2018
No me gusto como trataban a los contractors. Eu una cultura muy ipocrita
A big company full of bureaucracy with weak management
ENS Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage2 January 2018
A big company full of bureaucracy with weak management. There are a lot of opportunities to move around and to travel. The flexi working is good if you have a family.
Technically Challenging and Rewarding
detailed stress engineer engaged (Former Employee) –  Stevenage13 December 2017
Working with team lead to perform stress analysis of structural parts and system components using computer tools

Learned about detail stressing using classical method of analysis and FEM

High regard for management and workplace culture

Understanding some aspects of NASTRAN was challenging
Freindly staff
Industrial cadet (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 December 2017
The staff were always free to have a talk with you about their experience in the company and what they do and how they got there. This gives you some knowledge on how you can choose a suitable role for you at Airbus and how you can get there.
Pros
Lots of knowledge
Cons
Takes long to take in all that knowledge
poor management of client aspirations and unreasonable demands
Senior Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth1 December 2017
There was little or no understanding of security methodology or of the implications of decisions made from that position of ignorance. The culture was one of knee-jerk decision making regardless of plans and schedules based on a customer who principle approach was to bully into submission using the threat of future work, or not, as a weapon to enforce submission.

The hardest part of the job was coming to terms with my inability to impact on this culture.

The most enjoyable part was I got to work with a really dedicated, skilled, and sociable workforce working hard to surmount these issues and, largely, achieving results.
Pros
Personnel
Cons
Poor Management Decisions
Positive experience as a contractor
Category Manager (Interim) (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire23 November 2017
Positive experience as an external contractor.
Fast paced work ethic with positive management in place. Work driven by the business demand such as the rate increase
Good Place for Professional Growth
Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire14 November 2017
Good work culture and teams. Very interesting Jobs sometimes. World-class and advanced Learning facilities. Sure shot rapid growth on professional levels in 5-7 years for high performers.
Pros
Image, Brand, End to end process knowledge
Cons
less technical work, more management, not very exciting salaries for permanents
Bad culture; counterproductive workplace
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kidlington, Oxfordshire8 October 2017
Can honestly say that Airbus Helicopters UK was the worst place I`ve ever worked for. Dinosaur management with no idea how to attract talent and move business forward. Morale is at all time low and interactions between staff and / or departments are very poor at all levels resulting in high employee turnover. Also there`s none occupational health and safety.
Pros
Free beverages ( for now )
Cons
Long days
Exciting environment to work
Government Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 October 2017
Great place to work with exciting new projects all of the time. The company works hard to support employees and help them grow in the company. Exciting place to work.
Reverse Engineering
Change management (Former Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire3 October 2017
Engineering based on the magic of Mathematics rather than The Universal Laws of Physics. God help us all.
I learn't that you have to move to learn and investment in reference manuals is essential.
Engineering is easy, people management is difficult.
Pros
Friendly and intelligent work colleagues
Cons
lack of investment into new datasets and tools including solidworks and thermo-simulation
Hardworking and Rewarding
Subcontract Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 October 2017
All the Team are hardworking and find the work rewarding. There is flexible working which the Team benefit with work life Balance. the Team are multicultural and work well together.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Communication
Made good progress
Secretary to Head of Government Affairs (Former Employee) –  Stevenage2 October 2017
A very nice company to work for, started out as junior secretary then went on the become secretary to UK Institutional Marketing manager then secretary to Head of Government Affairs.
Gave me a good living thought it was time for me to leave
Team coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester29 September 2017
I worked shifts my role was to organise work for 30 people then I would go and do my own job .which was drilling the aircraft wings .at the end of shift make sure all work was complete .we work double days Monday to friday
Pros
Only 35 hrs and bonus every year.
Cons
Mornings in the winter
Good company with great products
Commercial Lead SME Hardware Procurement (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 September 2017
Good company.
Excellent IT systems ( latest version of SAP ).
Interesting product.
Cutting edge aerospace technology.
Opportunity to travel.
International working.
good career progression and prospects.
Pros
Product and travel
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire31 August 2017
Great opportunities to be included with global projects and work for a well known organisation. I have learnt a lot and have worked closely with internal and external customers to build fantastic customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3