Airbus Group Employee Reviews

This was for work experience
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Broughton22 June 2018
I enjoyed my work experience week at Airbus, i felt that it was very beneficial for me as i was able to understand what the workplace is like and how it functions on a day to day basis.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good Company overall
Craft Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Stevenage20 June 2018
Good company overall, only problem I found was very unprofessional management. Salary was good, colleagues always supportive. Would recommend if management changed.
Good company to work for
Fabricator/Fitter aerospace (Current Employee) –  Bristol16 June 2018
Good company to work for, great apprenticeship scheme. Chance of progression. Since changed to GKN Aerospace & management team has a lot to be desired compared to airbus.
Productive and a good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newport6 June 2018
Something different to do every day so keeps the work different and challenging. Learned a lot about how to work together as a team and problem-solving. I enjoy the outside work and interacting with everyone on the site. The management has a solid structure in place and there is room for moving up the ladder and improving skills.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Broughton5 June 2018
Disappointingly, I presently find it difficult to recommend undertaking an internship at the Airbus site in Broughton. The flexi-time does help achieve a good work-life balance however there appears to be a negative culture towards young and temporary employees.
Pros
Large, stable company that does interesting work.
Cons
Interns are treated like free labour and anxiety sponges.
Productive work place with good wages and moral.
Aeronautical Engineer Aircraft Fitter (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire9 May 2018
Good place to work, good atmosphere amongst the colleagues. Very busy working environment and plenty of scope for progression if you work hard towards it
Work environment
SC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol6 May 2018
excellent company to work for Airbus
many benefits and good training.
i enjoyed working here. Good staff and quality environment.

Training is available.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
often training neglected
Constructive and rewarding work environment.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 April 2018
Employees and those on work experience placements ingegrated well as a team, and gained a proper understanding of how the company was run and how deadlines were met.
Good company to work for
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Filton, Gloucestershire29 March 2018
Many happy years and have enjoyed my roles. Planning and attaining interal meeting. Most enjoyable is meeting supplier and helping them improve. Reworking to some of the time scales can be hard to maintain. Work place culture is very good. Management in fair and understanding.
Secure job.
Skilled Fitter (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 March 2018
Order back log of around 5 years work, over time if needed. Required tools are hard to come by which is astonishing for a company of this size. Good location
enjoyable place to work
Aircraft Fitter (Former Employee) –  Chester15 March 2018
Involved in working as a team in a fast moving production line in the manufacture of aircraft wing assemblies
learnt a lot of engineering manufacture skills and attended many courses and received certificates and credit for this.
a good enviroment to work in and good benifits schemes for employees.
Pros
big company so good benefit schemes and pay
Cons
hard to climb up ladder as so many employees
Fast paced manufacturing enviroment
Skilled Aircraft Fitter (Current Employee) –  Broughton2 March 2018
High paced environment where teamwork and strong communication skills are essential. Work in teams of approximately 20 people. The nature of the high paced environment means that following manufacturing standards is essential as deadlines have to be met due to a high customer demand. High focus on Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Relaxed and friendly
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford18 February 2018
Relaxed and friendly workplace. Very modern office and was very happy there for the short time that I worked there. The people were very welcoming and the job was calm.
Engineering excellence
Catia V5 Automated Assembly Programmer (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire16 February 2018
Good place to work and see a huge variety of different engineering disciplines come together to assemble state of the art aerospace technology. A great location in North Wales, but with great prospects for young apprentices thinking of a future in engineering.
Relatively Enjoyable Workplace
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Flintshire13 February 2018
Airbus can be a mixed bag of a place to work depending on the location. Luckily there are numerous sites to choose from and some are utterly fantastic in terms of location and the staff working there. Salaries are somewhat weak but job security is strong.
Fantastic Aerospace Company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol13 February 2018
Working for Airbus is interesting but it is easy to get lost in the corporate big company where people easily lose sight of the focus on engineering. Job security, benefits and locations to work are fantastic.
Contractor
Switchboard Operator Full Time (shift work) (Current Employee) –  Stevenage3 February 2018
Not being made permanent for a job ive been in more than 2+yrs
Being trained on the New switchboard
Great facilities when we get access
Shift patterns 0800 to 1730 over three starting times
Pros
Nice People
Good Team Building
SAFETY & QUALITY MANAGER / CHIEF INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  INDONESIA27 January 2018
Airbus is a high-performance environment. But performance isn’t just about what you achieve: it’s also about how you achieve it.

All Airbus employees live by a set of guiding principles that enable everyone to share common values and behaviours. But 'shared' does not mean that everyone should be exactly the same.

Instead, we encourage individuality. We embrace diversity. We want people to bring their own style and contribute to the richness of our organisation. We are inspired by each other’s knowledge and experiences. We foster a fun, friendly environment to encourage sharing and collaboration so we can thrive as individuals.

Learning every day is part of who we are. Mobility of skills and resources helps our business move forward and our people develop. The opportunities to learn from working in new teams, functions and countries are central to our success. We grow and learn together, drawing from our diverse experiences and shared passion for aeronautics, space and defence.
Pros
Out bound Every years ( team building )
Cons
effectively
An excitement!
HR Learning and Competence (Former Employee) –  Broughton, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
On of the most exciting industries to work in! A dynamic environment! The thing I mostly loved about the job is working with people, solving problems and the daily challenge which taught me a problem solving and being able to think on the spot.
Bajo
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth8 January 2018
No me gusto como trataban a los contractors. Eu una cultura muy ipocrita

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2