Air Force Nonappropriated Fund (AFNAF) Services Career Program

Air Force Nonappropriated Fund (AFNAF) Services Career Program Employee Reviews

Most of the co workers there are very messy.
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MS29 January 2019
Management is nice and they work you... The only downfall is it takes forever to become a regular employee..I would love to become a regular employee so I can receive benefits..coworkers gossip about everything.. They love to spread nasty rumors and complain about working there buy won't quit to make room for people who really want to work there
Pros
Cons
Messy coworkers
overall good place to work for
Child Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK17 September 2018
supervised children every day, helped them with their needs. Learned how to supervise kids, plan activites. Depending on what center you worked at, the management was sometimes unorganized.
Front Desk is AWFUL
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairchild Air Force Base, WA29 July 2018
Not one person in management cares about their employees. They have the attitude that you will do want or you can just quit. They will not help you arrange a schedule to fit any of your needs. Turn over is high, morale is low.
If you have no life and can work all hours of the day, then by all means get a job here. But if you have a life and value a fun and caring work environment, look elsewhere because you won't find that here. The front desk literally gets blamed for everything that goes wrong on a daily basis. Management only cares about themselves and will tell everyone your business. Supervisors make threats to employees to make them do what they want. Very unprofessional environment.
Pros
Cons
rude bosses, uncaring environment, crazy schedules, very unorganized workplace
Enjoyable
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM13 July 2018
Very enjoyable working for the military and the local communities. Great opportunity for continued education and travel opportunities. Variety of different employment opportunities and locations.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Maryland26 April 2018
Writing policy for the Air Force was very productive and interesting. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and creative. The hardest part of my job was my commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork.
Pros
The government paid for my travel expenses
Cons
My biggest con was the travel time to and from my job.
Cypa
CHILD YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX18 April 2018
Working as a CYPA with children awesome feeling but dealing with management is horrible. Doesn’t matter which base or where, they’re all same!
Never room to grow,
Pros
Pay and benefits not bad compare to other child care programs.
Cons
Management, management and management
Good entry level job-no advancement to career
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD22 February 2018
Management is under qualified and intimidated by employees who have more education and skills. Constantly pitted against others by direct supervisor. Leadership was contacted about poor morale and supervision but it was easier for them to do nothing, than address the situation.

Benefits are decent, 4hrs vacation and 4hrs of sick time per pay check(bi weekly) and health, vision and dental.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor leadership & Managment, poor pay and morale.
High Work Ethic
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC12 January 2018
Working hand in hand with Military Personnel provides for a high paced work environment which will push one to become better and more efficient as a worker. The management team is very direct and firm, however; fair and understanding as well. The environment was very diverse and it allows for team members to interact with all cultures.
Work Enviroment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GA26 December 2017
As long as you are military or spouse, the work environment is great. IF you are civilian, it is not a very good work environment. They do not treat their employees fairly with hours and shifts.
Busy
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SC6 November 2017
I liked my job and dealing with applicants and employees, helping them navigate their jobs and issues regarding pay, benefits, disciplinary issues and other stuff.
Wonderful workplace
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eielson AFB, AK26 April 2017
Everyday was something new at the Goldrush Inn....I met a lot of people and interacting with all different nationalities was an amazing experience....
Naf
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goodfellow AFB, TX7 April 2017
Great stepping stone, especially for military spouses. Allows to work on base, enjoy family time, and learn more how the military works. Hardest part work at a small base would include no career advancement but will obtain the skills to move one to bigger bases.
Good starting point for a Government Job. Not a long term job
Small Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  JBER, AK15 December 2016
The job started out to be good. They have had a problem with upper level management. Not very much room for advancement, it is all about who you know here. I have been here 2 years and have had no real advancement opportunities. The new manager that was hired to take over does not have manager experience and is not very good at his job which in turn makes for unhealthy work conditions. I have had several times that my pay has been messed up and he does nothing to help resolve the problem even upper level management is useless when trying to resolve these issues I usually have to take these matters into my own hands.
Overall and Enjoyable Experience
Accounting Technician-General Ledger (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX10 November 2016
I wish to not disclose any other information than the Overall work experience was invaluable and enjoyable. I can not disclose any information pertaining to what a typical day involved.
Working for the federal government overall was very good. There were times when I didn't agree with what was done.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Nellis Air Force Base, NV21 October 2016
The most enjoyable part of all the different positions I worked for the federal government was working with employees, managers, supervisors, upper management and my coworkers. I especially liked it when I could tell employees good news such as a promotion or change in category. I disliked it when I had to tell employees about disciplinary actions or separation.
If you love kids that's the place you need to be.
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  JBER, AK28 September 2016
Very good staff and families to work with.Flexibility with the hours and you have your weekends off, if you have a family also if you love work with children.
Outstanding Organization
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO3 April 2014
AFNAFPO was a great experience with many opportunities. Non-Appropriated funds are funds generated by the military community through the use of base restaurants, Air Force Clubs, Golf Centers etc. The professionals in the AFNAFPO believe in their mission and value the opportunity to execute programs which significantly impact the Services commuinity. Taking care of the Troops was our main motto. Having a good managment team was essential in that they provided excellent direction and guidance. A typical day at work there was very challenging. I've learned NAF contracting Regulations and gained experience in negotiating with Vendors.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
n/a