Ailsa Care Services Employee Reviews

Supportive and Friendly
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 May 2019
I have worked with the company for a while now as a Support Worker and I have found the office staff to be supportive and they muck in when staff sickness or staff holidays come up. Working with approachable managers is fab! It can be a stressful job and the support is there when needed. They are also great within trying to adjust shifts due to childcare or family emergencies.
Disgusting
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 April 2019
The office staff are the rudest people I have ever met. They will slat you to other colleges while you are there or on the phone.
I lasted a few months in the job before I walked out. They would add clients to your rota without informing you resulting in you missing clients - thus causing a massive issue for your job.
I have never met such incompetent, unorganised bullies in all of my life. I would rather have been unemployed than work here ever again.
Supportive
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire10 April 2019
I have worked here for some time without any issues it’s much better than some of the other care companies I have worked for, managers help out and muck in
Family feeling
Trainee Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire31 October 2018
I started with the company a few weeks ago as a trainee manager I had 4 days training which was first class and a high standard then at the induction the manager explained where the company was headed which made me excited and the told me where they need to improve this was a first for me as no company before has told me this and I know what I’m talking about as I’ve been in care for over 20yrs the owners are very friendly and always ask how you are and treat you with the upmost respect. The rest of the managers help you as much as possible and never put you under pressure yes the job is fast paced but you have support all the way. If you start with the company myself and the rest of the team will try our best to help everyone who joins the company we are not perfect but we will try our upmost to help everyone who works for the company. Also the line manger is the most down to earth person you could meet and the admin staff are one of the best I’ve seen.
Pros
Very friendly company feels like a family
Cons
Very high paced
Avoid at all costs!!!!
Home Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1a Paisley Rd, Renfrew8 October 2018
Having over ten years experience within the care sector, I was offered a Supervisor position. When in the office I was shown the bare minimum. I was nothing more than a Telephonist. Said on many occasions that I wanted to learn but was told not to worry about it. Sat within the office to listen to how Carer's were spoken to both verbally and on text message was nothing short of shocking. Current Management are constantly seeing things through rose tinted glasses or as they would say.... "Winging it"!!... As a person who is accredited to work within care I strongly believe that the owner's are only too willing to give people who have no certification job title's hoping that it'll make the company better. It's fair to say that doing this only makes for a more difficult transition for all.
All in all my short time with this company was nothing short of a complete waste of my time. Im pleased to say that I'm now progressing my training as a nurse and know that my current certification and further training will allow me to advance in my career.

The above experience with Ailsa Care Service's has lead me to this decision.
Pros
Cons
Length of your arm
The most enjoyable part of the job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Milngavie14 June 2017
I loved working with the service users they were lovely people, so nice loved assisting them with what I had to and feeling appreciated,loved helping with what I could and I would have done more for them if needed ,just love working and helping others.
Pros
Wasn't in one place was getting out and about
Cons
The distance between each service user
Not what they tell you
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 March 2017
Joined ailsa response and was worst thing I have ever done. Tell you they can't guarantee hours but also tell you they are desperate for staff....... no calls regarding hours..... expect you to drop everything at 2 minutes notice...... not paid to do training...... no gloves/aprons for use in clients homes........ wouldn't recommend to a anyone.
Pros
Cons
yea it's a con for sure
Good place to work don't read the previous rubbish!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire25 November 2016
I have worked here for a while and its not always been great but some of these reviews are just rubbish.

They have probably been written by people who are no longer there because they were not good carers.

I have worked with a lot of people who just like to moan and who call in sick for shifts and then put pressure on good carers like myself.

I love what i do and yes in the winter months it can be hard but i feel proud of my job.

There has been lots of changes at Ailsa Care and all have been good changes.

Don't believe all the rubbish reviews and these people dont even work here now so how can they comment
Pros
helping people
Cons
cold weather
Getting Better
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire24 November 2016
I have worked for Ailsa Care for the past 3 years and can honestly say that the company has made huge improvements especially since the summer.

I feel some of these other comments are a bit unfair as previous managers who were not always the nicest to staff have now left.

The new managers really try to be helpful and you can talk to them and they will try to sort out any issues.

I get regular work and a good shift pattern of 4 on 4 off which is great for me.

If you work in care you do do long hours maybe these other people haven't been suited to the job.
Pros
Good shift pattern
Cons
Rubbish weather
This company is a great place to work as its under new management
Care Worker/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire24 November 2016
I work as a carer and have done for over a year. When I joined the management team in place were not the best and the company paid the carers wages through ISS. However the new management team have changed all this and your wages are paid direct to you along with your holiday pay. The new management team care about the service users and their carers. We are consulted and have any issues addressed straight away. All in all the its a great place to work now as they seem to have listened to what the carers and the clients were saying.
Pros
I have a 4 on 4 off rota which gives me a great work life balance.
Cons
I could do with more hours
Job worth while
support worker (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire23 November 2016
I have worked for company on and off for 5 years and as much as i believe previous management was not great to work under I now believe the new management things are defiantly changing for the better, Clients meet everyday are amazing and I feel that all support workers are great to work with can always rely on each other with support.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
winter months
Enjoy working with this company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire11 August 2016
I have been working with this company for a month doing some shifts when I am not working with my other work.

I have really enjoyed it and have met some nice workers who I have been paired with.

The pay is good and I like that I can slot it around my other work.

I would recommend this company.
Avoid at all costs
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Renfrew/Glasgow24 June 2016
Don't work for this company. I worked here for around 2 years both as a carer and supervisor. Was shifted from
Pilar to post, no security, no care the the vulnerable people they are supposed to be looking after, poor wages, little or no time off, very little respect for their staff, all very money oriented which is sad for such a large care company as it shows in their day to day running. Rotas are a mess, had council contracts and even when the staff were pushed to their limits they still would not refuse a new service as all they are interested in is the money... Part of this I would blame Renfrewshire council for. If you have any respect for yourself or the vulnerable I would avoid it and never recommend or suggest to someone needing care.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor wages, poor management, clique of office staff, poor attitude, horrific experience
Poor managment avoid avoid avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Renfrewshire/Glasgow4 June 2016
This company is the worst I have ever worked for
Management attitude is horrendous no time for Any of the frontline staff
They Do not care all the care all they care about is making money
The hours were so bad out from 7am sometimes until 2300 no pay between clients we per paid per client which Im sure is illegal
Pay rubbish with no benefits to working with them
You had no life as you phone would go contasntly couldn't even sit and have dinner or spend time with my family without your phone going
There is no job progression
I have never felt secure the whole time I was with the company as management constantly changed
Your rota constantly changes just before your shift starts
I had a just got my new car with 12000 on the clock it's now well over 60000 because they just move you area and some of the areas you can do well over 60miles and that's just from 1500 to 2200 never got a chance of a company car as the older staff treat them as thier own and argue with you when you need it and it's thier off the next day when you do they don't clean them after each use they stink and thier is hardly and fuel in them
The pay is done through 3rd party company called ISS as it apparently get tax relief which costs the staff 4% of thier pay every month if you do less than 16hrs per week you get no tax relief and they still take thier 4% technically you are employed by ISS and subcontracted to Ailsa company tax dodge if you ask me

I never used to believe what clients said "Ailsa DONT care" and they were right all the care about is filling up thier banks
Pros
Cons
Take your pick
words cant even describe how bad this company are to work for
support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 December 2015
You have no life working for this agency. They split your hours apart and do not get paid travel time between clients e.t.c. Working weekends a given but 7am to 11pm isn't on.

There are no salary benefits. Minimum wage. They would send you to the other side of the city for 2 hours work. Not worth the bus fare

You have no security as your shifts run week to week. You find out on the Friday your next weeks rota and try to work round them which is impossible. Very unlikely there will be promotion in the agency as it seems management enjoy their cleek.

Management were useless. On-call were useless in emergency. Did not feel one bit of recognition or reward when there.

I feel sorry to an extent in regards to the clients and support workers. With the correct direction alot more could be achieved. The clients are the only people I miss.
Pros
Cons
everything
Ailsa Don't Care!
* (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 November 2015
Ailsa Care is a poorly run company that is best avoided as their treatment of staff and service users leaves a lot to be desired.

If you are pationate and care about looking after vulnerable people then this company isn't for you.
fun and productive
Assisting clients (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 June 2015
I like my job but do not love it as I wish to pursue a career within the Care industry as that is where my passion is and which i have my honors degree in. The skills I have learned and devloped within this job will help me with any future career plans. Would like a job that each day is different from the next.
satisfying
Home Support worker (Current Employee) –  Paisley26 June 2012
Overall my day to day work is the same pretty reptitive. Work with different clients each day in which they need assistance with different aspects of their life. I have learned how to look after other people and got to understand what kind of things they like and dislike. All my co-workers are lovely people whom i get on really well with, feel like i am a kind of person who can get along with most people. The hardest part to my job is knowing that peoples lifes are in my hands and need to make sure i am aware of this at all times. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that these people are being cared for properly. I like my job but do not love it as I wish to pursue a career within the CAD industry as that is where my passion is and which i have my honors degree in. The skills I have learned and devloped within this job will help me with any future career plans. Would like a job that each day is different from the next.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, shift work
Cons
shift work with long breaks inbetween, long hours