AgustaWestland Employee Reviews

Good experience
Materials Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset1 August 2019
Good experience, open to ideas and wide variety of activities performed whilst in the role of Materials Engineer within the Materials Laboratory, Yeovil.
Royal navy
Wireman/panel builder/ loom builder (Former Employee) –  Somerset16 January 2018
The Royal Navy gave me an excellent start in life, giving me all the necessary skills in life to communicate be punctual and respect for others. Whilst been trained to the highest level on the most high tech equipment about!
Department is a relaxed and fun place to work
Mrp contoller (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset30 March 2017
Department is a relaxed and fun place to work. Management are approachable, understanding and are always willing to help. Opportunity for growth and development.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Temporary contract
Excellent Company
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 March 2017
AgustaWestland (Leonardo), Yeovil, is a great company to work for, with an excellent apprenticeship program and continued training opportunities.

The work is very interesting and engaging, with an excellent highly skilled workforce, and very good management at all levels.

I strongly recommend this company to anyone seeking a career in the aerospace industry.
Pros
Interesting work and great people
A solid company but not much career perspective.
Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Varese, London27 February 2017
I worked in Agusta Westland for five years.

While the daily working life is good and the business solid, it is not a workplace for career-oriented people. The organisation is very static and most of the people do not have much perspective of their future career.
Good place to build a career
Production logistics controller (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset16 February 2017
I worked there for 4 years but started on a 10 week contract.
They are very unlikely to offer permanent positions no matter how good you are
Pros
Good rates
Cons
Not permanent
Electrical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset4 January 2017
Good place to work. Good people to work with.Good shift pattern for working. Management are easy to get on with and approach.
An odd place to work
3D specialist/modeller (Current Employee) –  Yeovil14 September 2016
Through most of my time there it felt like there was very little work, and where there was work it was more fire fighting. A huge for a deadline.
Most of the people working there were pleasant and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexibalke hours
Cons
very little work
Good work pace
C-IETP Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yeovil29 April 2016
Good working practices good payed leave flexible working hours
can start from 07.30 each day Mon to Friday and finish at any time after 4.00 pm and can take lunch from 12.30 till 2.00 pm
Professional in a Changing Marketplace
Continuous Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG3 February 2016
2016 will be my 8th year employed with AW. The company has provided me with great opportunity and a great education in the industry.

Within this time the marketplace for rotary aircraft has changed for which I believe AW has cautiously and to my knowledge successfully managed, although I know will struggle with identity in an ever competitive market, I believe its current future developments will help to redefine the company under whichever new branding is applied to the company.

I received excellent support in progression through my apprenticeship with many opportunities to expand my experience, for this aspect I could not fault the company whereby all apprentices are provided permanent placements. In progressing to the technical departments as a fully qualified technician however I feel the opportunities to expand experience is lacking within a certain remit. Potentially with a rebranded image, the companies priorities may turn to development of its employees.
Pros
Apprenticeships, working environment
Cons
Lack of employee development opportunities
Excellent work place
Electrical Fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil3 August 2015
The work environment is very conducive, the work is very technical. This involves working in accordance with the technical drawings and the instructions provided.
Pros
Good pay
5 day work experience
Trainee - Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG3 November 2014
Good, organized place where anyone would be privileged to work at.
Interesting, challenging workplace with a mix of cultures and skills
Head of Obsolescence Solutions (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 September 2014
Customer contractually focussed, leading a team of engineers with varying levels of skills and knowledge to deliver a service to the customers whilst implementing the best technical solutions to offer value for money to customers and the contracts.

Co-workers a mix of graduates, ex-service and people with minimal training that have progressed thorough the acquisition of knowledge and experience.

Hardest part - managing increasing levels of work with a reducing workforce

Enjoyable - finding committed people and suppliers that work together to deliver the best service
Pros
None - only very senior management got BUPA
Cons
Variable degrees of recognition for hard work/contribution
A challenging company to work for
Availability Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG24 September 2014
AgustaWestland provided me with many challenging roles, which included the chance of both travelling and working overseas
Exciting products & international business opportunities
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil8 September 2014
Exciting products and good opportunities to work at an international level.
Challenging, diverse, rewarding
Design Engineer Repair & Overhall (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG19 March 2014
AW provides a steady workflow with on the whole good management to support
I have seen and been fortunate to of worked in different parts of the company.
The culture of the company now it is owned by the Italians has changed but it has created oportunities.
My typical day at work involves assessing damage to in service aircraft, and devising a repair solution. i am amongst a good team of people who have different strengths which works well.
The hardest part of my job can be lack of information which after various iterations back from the operator it becomes clear .
It is rewarding when you see the end result and it works.
A rewarding yet demanding workplace
Flight Control Engineer - AW149 (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, ENG20 June 2013
AgustaWestland is a highly commendable employer who look for excellence in their products and employees. A typical day is finding solutions to problems that may arise delivering a better and safer product to their customers. Management is of a high standard to ensure that milestones are met in a timely and cost effective manner. Working at AgustaWestland demands a high standard of competence and knowledge to ensure only the best solutions are delivered. Solutions are also reviewed to make sure optimal processes are in place.
Pros
Highly rewarding and excellent benefits
Cons
Career development opportunities
Buyer for Procurement Department
COMMODITY BUYER  (Current Employee) –  ITALY / UK 16 May 2013
My activities are mainly related to:
the managing of Contracts with many Suppliers, with day by day activities as issuing of RFP (request for proposal), Po's (purchase orders) with sap system , negotiation, best and final, issuing of Confidentiality agreement, problem solving, reports, calculation of saving, preparation of Commodity strategy or presentation, managing of meeting and issuing of minutes of meeting, evaluation of new potential suppliers and they capabilities,..
I travel to visit suppliers when required and I also use to work with the collaboration of different departments in team-work (colleagues from Engineering, Marketing, Customer support, Quality, Style etcc..) and suppliers .
The hardest part of the job is to be very flexible and available in case of urgencies.
The most enjoyable is to work with many people also of different cultures and nationalities, to create good relationship with suppliers, to negotiate quotations/contracts, to solve the problems and to reach the final targets.