Agro Merchants Whitchurch Employee Reviews

great support for recently passed LGV licence holders
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire5 June 2019
I've found Agro to be a warm and friendly environment in which to work, and as a new driver, I was allocated a mentor when I started which I found to be a great help, both in terms of building skills and gaining confidence in general. the management side have also been very helpful. Be prepared for long hours, but I think the wages reflect this.
Pros
great for recently qualified drivers.
Cons
long hours.
Same old Grocontinental
Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire4 June 2019
Blatant disregard for H+S , legal compliance and employment law .Who needs an O licence anyway ? Not on my watch , I'm unaware ,all the key phrases you will hear while working all the hours God sends to try and obtain minimum wage ........avoid unless your filming a fly on the wall documentary on Dickensian work houses then buckle up in your Tardis and hold tight because your going back 150 years .
Pros
Zero
Cons
Not enough space to write about it
Performance related job , all what management are concerned about.
Warehouse slave (Former Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire2 June 2019
Funny how all reviews so far have come from office staff . Amazing that !!! Place will never change , poor pay , long hours , fast paced yes and yes they like it that way but if you slip up the buck always stops at the bottom of the ladder , management , office staff are never to blame . If you fancy being a number , always replaceable , to be poorly treated , management is a total joke and will never change
Pros
You go home
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, poor management involvement with employees
Great place to work!
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire15 May 2019
I was fresh out of university with very little experience behind me. Agro Merchants took a chance on me despite my lack of experience in the industry and have supported and developed me along the way.

The management team are great and want to get the best out of you.

Enjoying my time here so far and would recommend the company to anyone.
Pros
Supportive Management
Friendly and encouraging environment
Customer Service Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire10 May 2019
Customer Service team were very welcoming and happy to assist with issues as well as being very engaging and clear in the induction and training process. Management are very encouraging towards progression and further learning within your role. All in all a very approachable and helpful set of people.
Pros
Monday - Friday
A Driven & Positive Work Place!!
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire10 May 2019
I have been with AGRO Merchants Whitchurch for 8 years now, the business has provided lots support and development oppurtunities for myself.

The business has strong team of staff, who all have high levels of drive, which is highly motivating to work with.

You need to be prepared for challenges of the face paced industry we operate in, however, there is lots of satisfaction to get out of supporting both our internal and external customers.

A career move well worth making - the business is always growing/developing in the right direction.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
You have to be ready for the next challenge all the time..
Inclusive Friendly Culture
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire10 May 2019
Management team are friendly and welcoming with a real focus and drive to make Agro merchants a great place to work

I would recommend Agro merchants as a place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agro Merchants Whitchurch. Our community is ready to answer.

Agro Merchants Whitchurch Reviews by Location