Age UK Employee Reviews

Great Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 January 2018
Enjoyed all my time at Age UK
All my colleagues were nice and helpful
Learned some useful tips in a working office environment.
It was my first long term job in the UK, the only reason that I left was they didn't pay me a salary
Pros
Adding valuable experience to my CV
Cons
No Salary
Poor Management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
Put me off doing home care again. Management poor, far too much work on. Clients rarely get allotted time for calls. No petrol allowance ............
Pros
Cons
no petrol allowance, too many clients to see for allotted time.
I visit a lovely lady each week
Befriender Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Leicester7 January 2018
I love this job as I meet a lovely lady for 2 hours each week. We discuss what we have been up to and whatever else crops up. I make her a cup of tea or get anything else she needs as she is confined to a chair until she has her hip replacement operations in February
flexible and fun place
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire5 January 2018
flexibly work. Allows you to work around ones availability and making a difference at the same time. Easy work load that can be manageable. Friendly stuff.
Fantastic place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom4 January 2018
The work was always for filling with co workers and management enjoying a comfortable workplace culture and work life balance.
Suprizingly great
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Fawley, Blackfield and Langley2 January 2018
It's great to work with other people and makes you realise how important the needs of others are. Makes you grateful for how your life turned.

Overall loved it
Friendly company with leadership issues
Insurance arranger (Current Employee) –  Medway, Kent2 January 2018
Company that encourages learning, especially if your young. Dedicated staff generally. Homecare services and day care services are second to none with very hard working staff.
Pros
Friendly staff
good place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bourne, Lincolnshire2 January 2018
good place to learn core skills and learn how to communicate with lots of different members of staff and customers.
learn how to use a till and handle money
age uk
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire18 December 2017
I go in to AGE UK in Dewsbury and see what needs doing in shop and then i go up stairs to the work place where my day begins,I hang some garments, then i steam them and price them and take them down to shop to be sold, I have learned all asspects of this sort off work and with volunteering at Age Uk i enjoy my work and working within a team or on my own. But most enjoyable is working for the elderly and noing its a worthwhile job.
Pros
I get my bus fares and my lunch money back each day while im at Age Uk
Cons
Im happy to work the hours they give me
enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2017
Age uk (charlton) was the most rewarding work experience i have had. A typical day included assisting the elderly by services tea/snacks as well as lunch. As a part of this experience I also had the opportunity to interact and communicate with the elderly members of the Centre through one to one and group activity.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
no cons

Want to know more about Age UK?

Ask a question
A great place to work all year round
Day care assistant and retail. (Current Employee) –  Wythenshawe, Withington and Cholton.11 December 2017
I have work with Age UK for over 7 years as a Day Care Assistant and over 1 year in Retail work. I have loved every minute. I have meet lots of new faces and made many of new friends.
Pros
Free lunches And also travel money
Cons
Continue to work through diner and breaks.
Great work experience
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire9 December 2017
The main duties included -
• Organizing the leisure activities
• Serving tea/coffee and lunch
• Kitchen duties
• Talking to the clients
• Entertaining the clients
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
No salary
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk28 November 2017
A very busy place to work but everyone worked well as a team and got through the work load at quite quick pace. The management were lovely always willing to help their staff
Great staff
Quality Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Northumberland24 November 2017
As with all charities, not the place to work if you want a high salary. Although it is a good organisation to work for if you want to change the lives of older people.
Pros
Good holiday entitlement
Cons
no flexible working
Normal
P/T Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet24 November 2017
It was a normal day. Stacking some clothes on hangers. sorting out some stock in the stockroom. putting labels on clothes with hangers. I also had to work behind the till sorting out cash and card payments.
Pros
Lunch breaks.
its a fun place to work and the staff are awsome
Vollunteer (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London22 November 2017
I like working with age UK I have learned so much being there. I have learned how to take donations and I have learned how to sign people up for gift aid I also know how to use the till and I also go through the new goods and check the list to make sure its all there and I love it.
Pros
freindly staff
Okay
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset21 November 2017
Voulnter work , stocked shelf , prices objects . walked around alot , up and down stairs , did it for experience but the management was not to my liking so i stopped
Engaging and beneficial
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 November 2017
• Befriending and supporting an older member of society. • Finding common ground and learning about someone from a different generation. • Being confident in approaching new people and being a positive influence on people
Best Ever
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sutton20 November 2017
I loved working there all the staff and volunteers where friendly and we where always supplied with tea, baskets and during Christmas we where all taken out for a meal
Pros
Friendly and safe
Cons
non
Enjoyment in giving back to the community
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Tamworth16 November 2017
I really enjoy the time i spend at Age UK because it is something that i believe is a good cause and i want to support it, i get on well with everyone else who is volunteering and we all see it as giving back to the community with both the charity and what it does and also what we provide to the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Age UK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2