AGCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Lower Ranked People Make the Company
Business Development Manager Africa & Middle East (Former Employee) –  Stoneleigh3 October 2017
People passionate about agriculture and farming but management isn't.
There's a disconnect between do-ers and order giver which tends to discourage the former.
Great bunch of people but limited progression options if your not "in" the right circles or speak German.
Good company
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth, Warwickshire14 September 2017
Good company. Good associated benefits package but salary levels low compared to market rates and competitors. Certain departments are much happier with their management structures than others.
While it lasted
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire24 July 2017
Busy, fun, good interaction with work colleagues, flexibility in working, bonus available, approachable management, self improvement opportunities BUT THIS MAY ALL CHANGE
Cons
AP relocating to Europe office
Finance - Account Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoneleigh, UK9 June 2017
My whole experience in Agco corporation was great. Friendly and approchable management and also easier to advance within the company, I cannot fault it. Thanks for great working place.
Cons
Flexible hours
Thoroughly enjoyable beginning to credit control using my second language
Credit & Receivables Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stoneleigh8 April 2017
My position at Agco was extremely varied, but I was initially employed as the Credit Controller to chase for payment of Valtra companies being taken on by AGCO in Spain. After this had been established and started to work reasonably well, my tasks were expanded greatly, some examples being the administration of bank statement downloads on a daily basis by no later than 8am, DHL on-line collections ordering, drop off and invoice check, GL coding and invoice clearance for Accounts Payables (AP) dept, issuing SOX audit Credit Note Cognos reports to Director, Business Credit no later than Day 2 of the month, Returned Goods Request (RGR) SOX compliance check and chase, complete for audit inspection deadlines, monthly sundry credit note Sox control checks prior to EDM collections + sundry document completion as and when required, co-ordination of departmental Dead Records archiving on a monthly basis with relevant teams after EDM files had been returned from being scanned, EDM export cash sheet file checks and preparation prior to collection, collection and distribution of daily departmental post as soon as available, new Folder creation of departmental files, monthly or as/ when required, responsibility for departmental Stationery ordering and General Ledger coding, and invoice clearance for AP department, collation, copying, filing and delivery of foreign ESO journal vouchers in line with Financial Reporting requirements + receivables administration and support/ holiday/illness/extra cover as and when required, responsibility over Customer as Vendor bookings for UK (Poland when  more... necessary) within timeframe expected per ESO, management UK dealer payables log and chasing for document clearance, administration of
accounts receivable, chasing for and collecting overdues and issuing Aged Debt commentary to advised deadlines to attend monthly review for Spain, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Ireland, Pack at Source, Trading Houses, Sundry markets, ie cash receipts, invoicing, customer master information, resolution of queries etc + running direct debits, chasing and collecting overdue receivables in accordance with procedures, monitoring/ releasing credit holds when needed, or at least twice daily, achieving month-end deadlines in accordance with advised schedule, issuing Receivables Aged Debt commentary to advised deadlines and attending monthly review meeting with Supervisor and Manager, regularly reviewing Valtra receivables with sales team, maintaining the accounts receivable manual, ensuring the administration of General Ledger bank accounts was current, daily invoice processing for UK domestic and Spanish markets, including Agco Finance input and information for treasury, and crediting dealer invoices for both markets, managing prompt payment discounts for Spain, assisting in resolution of Accounts Payable issues where/ when they impact on Credit & Banking, and many other ad-hoc duties which tended to arise and were requested by the Manager, Credit & Banking.
This is where I learnt about Credit Control for the first time, and was happy to be able to utilise my foreign language skills. Management were supportive and the workplace culture was extremely multicultural, as our Receivables team had language speakers from most parts of Europe and also other countries further afield. The hardest part of the job was trying to achieve targets on so many different tasks and keeping to the laws of trading and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend so much time with people from different countries as well as speaking to people in Spain and later on also Latin America, to liaise with Credit Control issues,prompt payment incentives and the feeling of real achievement all this gave me.
Unfortunately all this came to an end when Agco started to suffer financially and had to make some cutbacks on Recruitment and I was made Redundant.
Pros
Variety of job & contact with people abroad
Cons
Juggling all the different tasks expected all at once!
Administration
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 February 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. The location was good and the staff was brilliant. I learnt slot of new things at Agco finance and everyday was a chanllane. The managers are really helpful and always show their support.
Pros
Choose my hours
Cons
Good supply chain working experience
purchasing assistant, sales assistant, Intern (Former Employee) –  Changzhou7 October 2016
Typical day (purchasing assistant)
1. Analyze and maintain purchasing data in SAP : purchase orders, quotations & pricing, inventory, source catalogs, supplier data and measurements
2. Cooperate with AGCO POWER Global Purchasing team, production team, suppliers (domestic & overseas)
3. Calculate material demand forecast : minimize the material shortage risk & control inventory
4. Tracking logistics and transfer information in time

Typical day (sales assistant)
1. Analyze sales forecast from overseas markets
2. Maintain Sales data in SAP
3. Coordinate delivery plan with production team, logistics team, shipping companies
4. Support trade fair and exhibitions, well communicate with potential clients

What I have learned:
Be clear of international business operations & process.
How to work in a team.

Co-workers:
Cooperate and communicate well with the production team, logistic team, shipping company, suppliers, customers.

Hardest part of the job:
Inventory control, because the customer orders changes a lot, it's hard to keep the inventory as low as possible and avoid material shortage at the same time.

Most enjoyable part:
1. Communicate with different teams, customers, suppliers. I like communication.
2. Business trips.
3. Marketing: trade fairs.
Pros
Stable working hours and international culture
Cons
Remote location
Procurement Speicialist
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stoneleigh11 May 2016
From the time you got there until the time you finished you didn't stop, which is how I like it.

I learned how to multi-task, as there was always so much to do.

The management were very good, you were always well informed as to what was going on.

I worked with various nationality's, and made lots of friends.

The hardest part of the job was making sure everything got done as you were always working to deadlines.

I enjoyed it when we was given a challenge.
Pros
Free Hot Drinks
Cons
Busy commute
Productive and fun work place
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry27 April 2016
I really liked working with different systems and meeting new people

My job was to scan in all the invoices that where sent over from another team
Fantastic place to work
Challenger Technical Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth10 November 2015
I have loved working at AGCO for the last 8 years. Although a lot has changed over this time it is still like one big family and nobody is afraid to get stuck into hard work and help you out if you are stuck on a certain project.
Brilliant place to work due to the brilliant people working there.
Pros
Great people
procurement of fast moving parts all year round
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG28 September 2015
Adhering to targets & daily, weekly, monthly KPIs. Communicating to suppliers & customers with regular service & customer service updates. Maintaining company database systems for management to use in any instant for conference calls. Maintained uk & european stock levels throughout the business. Ensured customer services level was provided at all times.
Pros
fast paced work environment enabled to keep myself busy throughout the day
Cons
high risk of redundancies on a yearly basis
family based environment with international results noted worldwide
Portfolio Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry28 September 2015
Account management for UK & Eire. Building companies reputation via excellent customer services & problem solving. Very Administrative based role. Employees all work together as part of a team to create a friendly family feel to the company but results are recognised as far a field as the USA. Small company with a large impact on turnover.
Hardest part of the job involves the IT systems used in order to fulfill your daily role efficiently.
Best part of the job is when a customer calls you direct to thank you for all your assistance. Thats very rewarding.
Pros
family business environment for a large company turnover
Cons
no promotional prospects
Nice atmosphere, nice people
Senior Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG29 January 2015
I was working as a contractor for 2 years on web development (Microsoft stack). Work was fairly interesting and my co-workers and managers were professional but fun to work with.
Pros
Great working environment, nice canteen
Cons
Travelling/staying away (based in Nottingham)
Not a bad place to work