Good supply chain working experience
purchasing assistant, sales assistant, Intern (Former Employee) – Changzhou – 7 October 2016
Typical day (purchasing assistant)
1. Analyze and maintain purchasing data in SAP : purchase orders, quotations & pricing, inventory, source catalogs, supplier data and measurements
2. Cooperate with AGCO POWER Global Purchasing team, production team, suppliers (domestic & overseas)
3. Calculate material demand forecast : minimize the material shortage risk & control inventory
4. Tracking logistics and transfer information in time
Typical day (sales assistant)
1. Analyze sales forecast from overseas markets
2. Maintain Sales data in SAP
3. Coordinate delivery plan with production team, logistics team, shipping companies
4. Support trade fair and exhibitions, well communicate with potential clients
What I have learned:
Be clear of international business operations & process.
How to work in a team.
Cooperate and communicate well with the production team, logistic team, shipping company, suppliers, customers.
Hardest part of the job:
Inventory control, because the customer orders changes a lot, it's hard to keep the inventory as low as possible and avoid material shortage at the same time.
Most enjoyable part:
1. Communicate with different teams, customers, suppliers. I like communication.
2. Business trips.
3. Marketing: trade fairs.
Stable working hours and international culture