Affinity Trust

Affinity Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom140 reviews
The pay was very good but at some point there were confusion resulting in not getting proper pay for one day.Other than that it is a very good company and the people who work there are very friendly and helpful especially to new workers.
28 May 2020
Many thanks for writing such a positive review about working at Affinity Trust. I was particularly pleased to see that you found the help and support you received when you joined the organisation useful.

At Affinity Trust we provide staff with a robust induction programme and we recognise peer support is key in that, as is good camaraderie with colleagues which we encourage to ensure effective teamwork in all of our locations. Many people have commented on how engaged they feel with the organisation itself.

Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality
I wouldn't bother especially if you have disabled children. The hours are catered around the favourites of the management team, and they have a MASSIVE bullying culture.
29 June 2020
Affinity Trust takes any allegation of bullying seriously, and would carry out a full investigation into any concerns raised. Wherever possible we support flexible working requests around staff’s personal requirements, and look at how we can balance these with the needs of the people we support. We would always explore ways that both can be incorporated to ensure we are able to achieve quality support.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
I use to work for affinity trust sooooo glad I left when I worked there one lot of staff got away with blue murder but for others if they coughed they would get pulled up by seniors and management pay was rubbish quick to believe staff lies about other staff one supported living bungalow has a racist staff member she told lies to get a staff sacked and it worke the so called manager and team leader both got promoted didn’t last long t....spiteful is spiteful be....god is watching..
Pros
Cons
Poor pay wanted blood from a stone
19 June 2020
Affinity Trust is committed to paying staff the best rate of pay possible within the funding received from local authorities. We also provide other staff benefits including pension, paid training and discounted shopping. We will not tolerate any racist behaviour in our organisation and this is taken extremely seriously as we are committed to treating all staff fairly. Thank you for your review.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
No management back up ,highly stressed ,contradictories it’s ok for certain staff but not for other staff all staff should be treated equally ,team work does not exist ,
Pros
Helping person become independent, gaining trust to let them down due to company
Cons
Only certain people matter, affinity trust need to support there workers not certain workers
15 June 2020
I am glad you enjoyed developing the independence and gaining the trust of the people we support. There is a management team in each location, and out-of-hours on call arrangements, all of which provide management back-up, in addition to support from Operations Managers/ Divisional Directors, so I am sorry that you did not feel that you had access to management support. All our staff are equally important in delivering high-quality support to the people we work with and teamwork is essential in achieving this. Thank you for your review.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Clients are great management not so great. If you have concerns regarding someone’s care and strive for better care for certain clients then you are out the door with lies told about you by said management. Good company and great pay but if you open your mouth or have an opinion then you have had it.
28 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to see you feel Affinity Trust is a good company to work for, with good pay. We pride ourselves on being a values-led organisation that puts the people we support at the heart of all we do.

With regards to the other comments you have made, it is difficult for me to respond without having any detail. I would really appreciate it if you would contact me to discuss these points further.

Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality
A good company to work for if you fit in. But advancement isnt great. A had to move jobs completely altogether to get my care certificate properly done. I found management awkward at times. Even with a diagnosis of Autism myself. I was told after I left management was trying to push me out. That's not very nice at all. Why? Instead of proactively helping guiding and have empathy for difficulties.
21 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We are fully committed to supporting people with any additional needs that they have, and work proactively to find solutions to enable people to succeed in completing the care certificate. I am sorry that this was not your experience. We have a strong history of internal promotion and have recently introduced a Support Worker development programme to enable people to develop and be prepared for advancement within the organisation, and this has been positively received by staff.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Very poorly run company to work for the 6 keys values of the company that they wish for all staff members to follow they dont even follow themselves. Staff aren't adequately trained to fulfil they current roles in providing a care service to our service users. Management have no real understanding of care standards and provide no constructive criticism towards our staff members to improve overall services.
21 May 2020
Thank you for your review. Our training is always positively regarded by our staff and we provide all mandatory and specific training to enable staff to meet the needs of the people they are supporting. If you do not feel you have had access to this training, please raise this immediately with your manager, as we do recognise this is essential in delivering excellent support.

All our managers are experienced in this sector and have had the training and experience needed to understand the requirements and standards expected by the organisation and our regulatory authorities. They should therefore be in a position to provide all staff with feedback to enable them to develop and improve the lives of the people we support.

The values of the organisation are very important to us and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further so we can resolve these. I can be contacted via our Head Office in Thame. I look forward to hearing from you.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
It’s a really great place to work and you are welcomed into the family when you get given the job role. The process of working there is slow, but is worth it when you start the job. Also really great people to work with.
Pros
Great people to work for/with
Cons
Employment process/ start date
23 April 2020
I’m really glad that you enjoyed working for Affinity Trust and the team and that people you supported were welcoming. With regard to the recruitment process, we have to carry out a number of regulatory checks to comply with CQC guidance for working with vulnerable adults, and unfortunately some of these checks depend on other people.

We work really hard to ensure the process is as quick as possible and we are always looking at ways we can make this quicker. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Regards, Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Great training. Manager very approachable.good team working.
Small and very personable to have a good relationship with the RESIDENTS. Able to have a good balanced life with shift changes if needed.
Pros
Small residential home
17 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review. It is really great to hear your comments about how good your training was. Working with such a good team and having a supportive manager is what enables the people we support to receive such great support so it was really good to hear that this is what you experienced.

Regards

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality.
Honestly if you would like a long term carer, somewhere that you can progress and develop your carer this is not the place the only pro to working here is that they will literally let you work until you die on the the floor!
7 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We provide several progression routes for staff, including a career progression pathway for team leaders and support workers, and are regularly praised for our training and development opportunities.

As an organisation we are very clear on how many hours staff members can work. We do not advocate people working excessively or allow people to exceed the agreed limit. I would really appreciate if you could contact me so I can understand your comments fully and have an opportunity to explore your views further.

Director of Operations and Quality
When i applied i checked reviews and decided to make my own judgement on management and now in a crisis i agree that they're terrible and care not for the staff what so ever. We had no supplies of masks or other PPE until much later on. Even now they still dont take major precautions to protect their staff while all the management work from the safety of their own homes. RIDICULOUS.
30 March 2020
This is an extremely difficult time for everyone and, as an organisation, we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people we support and our staff.

There has been a national supply shortage of masks, and all social care providers have been facing this challenge. Public Health England have now provided masks to all CQC registered locations. Affinity Trust has received these as well as additional PPE that we had ordered ourselves, which has been distributed over the last few weeks.

Gloves and aprons have been available as part of our ongoing arrangements for all staff. We are only using masks and eye protection where we are supporting people with symptoms to ensure safety and to maintain stock to be used where needed.

We are trying to reduce the number of people coming into each person’s home to reduce the risk of spreading the virus as advised by the government. We have therefore requested that managers visit properties only when they are providing direct support, to further manage this risk.

Our managers are maintaining contact with all locations on a daily basis to ensure people are well supported and will be providing direct support when needed. We are taking the safety of everyone as our paramount priority in this very difficult time and we are following all the advice and guidance being issued for social care settings.

Thank you for your review.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Poor management. Discrimination, culture of bullying, long hours, nepotism, lack of management training, targeting staff, shouting at staff, lack of respect
Pros
Cons
Poor treatment poor management
7 April 2020
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. Unfortunately I am unable to comment or address any points you have made without specific details. Therefore I would really appreciate it if you could contact me directly to enable me to look into the issues you have raised and provide you with a meaningful response .

Director of Operations and Quality
I would not recommend this company.
If you have concerns about colleagues they would rather you work it out yourselves, which is not always possible or realistic.
Pros
Good line manager
Cons
They employ people who don't really care, its just a job, to some.
23 April 2020
We have clear processes for staff to raise concerns about colleagues, including who to speak to if you feel that this isn’t getting resolved. We have robust recruitment processes to test people’s values to ensure they are able to deliver great support, and we follow this up through induction and probation. I am glad you felt that your line manager was good.

Thank you for your review.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
In my time working for the company I felt there was no one to talk to if you had a problem as they would then make you feel like you are the one causing the problem. management are in eac other’s pockets
Pros
Making relationships with people supported
Cons
Bad communication
23 April 2020
I am sorry that you did not feel able to talk to the managers about any concerns you had. As an organisation we encourage people to raise concerns and this includes going to a different manager or myself so that we can resolve any issues raised. We also have a grievance process that enables staff to raise any concerns formally. I am glad you enjoyed working with the people you supported. Thank you for your review.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Working for Affinity trust added to my caring experience. Unfortunately some sraff members did not communicate efficiently.They push you to do hoisting even if they know that Moving and handling training has not been provided yet to you. A condescent attitude from some staff members prevailed in the home where I worked.
23 April 2020
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found this added to your experience of working with people with learning disabilities. I was sorry to hear your experience of your colleagues. As an organisation we are committed to ensuring staff are well trained before they undertake tasks, as this is essential in keeping themselves and the people we support safe.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
Lack of support from management and above despite this Lovely people we support all with there own characters, rewarding job to see the independence and living they deserve.
23 April 2020
It is great to hear that you enjoy working with the people you support, it is always very rewarding to hear and see how people develop their skills and independence. Please do contact me or your Divisional Director to discuss your concern so we can rectify this. I look forward to hearing from you.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
I’ve experienced a lot in this work as it was my first experience as contract worker. Other than that I didn’t find any differences compare with my previous work under agency
6 March 2020
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed working for us a permanent staff member rather than through an agency. This enables us to provide consistent support and for people to get to know their staff well and vice versa.

Regards,

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Qualit.
Affinity Trust is a pleasant place to work in general however like most places you have cliques within management.
There are also longstanding members of staff, particularly within admin and management who seem untouchable despite clear capability issues and despite numerous complaints to senior management.

Generally you wont take any work stress home with you and it is a pleasant place to work with ample training on offer, however the workload is not fair and there will always be those who do more than others with nothing much being done about it.
7 April 2020
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review; it is really good to see that you enjoy your role so much and that you have valued the training and development opportunities that you have had at Affinity Trust. We are regularly complimented on our development programme, with many staff flagging how beneficial they have found it. Additionally I was pleased to see that you have a good work-life balance which you clearly appreciate too.

With regard to your other comments, I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me directly to discuss the points raised.

Director of Operations and Quality
The person centered approach towards the people we support is genuine and not just a catch phrase. I feel truly blessed to be working with such amazing people. I have worked with learning disabilities prior to joining Affinity Trust, and I find the work culture here without fault. Staff are well supported by management and the training is far superior to where I worked previously
27 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great that you are experiencing and can see that the values and culture of our organisation are truly person-centred. This is at the heart of everything we do, and our values are so important to us all to achieve great outcomes for each person we support.

We recognise the need to ensure our staff are well trained and that staff support is key to enabling people to feel valued for the great job they do.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
A terrible company to work for .no respect for staff at all .blame culture .no support above line manager .rude box tickers that actually do not care about people they support at all let alone staff .long hours no thanks
27 February 2020
I am sorry to read your review. We feel it is essential to ensure that the safety and the quality of support we provide to each person is paramount. If any of our staff get things wrong, it is important that we support people to reflect on this and learn, so we can improve the support we provide.

We support people to improve their practice; we do not see this as a blame culture, but about learning and ensuring that we deliver amazing support and improving what we do all the time.

By doing this, this highlights that we do care about the people we support and that our priority is about enabling people to receive the quality of support that they have the right to and deserve.

Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality
a challenging and rewarding work environment , interacting with staff and patients on a daily basis, care and attention given by all staff, on going training undertaken on latest revision health & safety handling etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5