Affinity Trust Employee Reviews

Corrupt company
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire19 April 2019
Previous support worker working in the south division.

Very reluctant to review at first however i feel that awareness needs to be highlighted just how underhand things run in this company.

It appears that support workers,team leaders and other office staff including administrators are spread thinly on the ground and they are set up to fail with no support from operational senior managers which has a huge impact on how the services operate which leads to a lack of support and safeguardings at the depremenant of staffs well being including low team morale.

Affinity trust use a blame culture and point the finger at the vulnerable team members to protect there own managerial mistakes and will distort the truth to protect there own backs.

Staff members are not valued and they cannot retain staff members due to poor induction standard's people are bullied in to working well over there normal working contracted hours leaving the people we support vulnerable and at risk of neglect.

This company prides itself in transparency,transparent it is not how this devsion is still im going i dont no.
Pros
People we support, training, good admin support at division and head office
Cons
Upper management, lack of staff, staff survey not confidential you will questioned
A Great Charity to Work For.
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire1 March 2019
A good management team very supportive we all work together everyone supports each other the senior management team is always there if you need them and ensure they have regular contact with all the people we support. The staff team are committed and it is fantastic to work for a company where people make a difference every day
Pros
Training and Support
Cons
Pay
8 March 2019

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive review of Affinity Trust. It is brilliant to see that you value the strong and cohesive support from your management team and that you can identify that everyone is working to make a difference to people’s lives every day.

We receive many compliments about our learning and development programme and I am pleased to see that you also acknowledge the positive effect such a programme has on staff and their development.

We recognise the hard work that staff do on a daily basis and would like nothing more than to be able to increase pay rates. Unfortunately social care nationally is underfunded by the Government, which prevents social care providers like ourselves being able to do so.

Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality

A great charity to work for!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leicester28 January 2019
I have been working for Affinity Trust for over 5 years now. Managers are approachable and supportive. I really enjoy working with the people we support and helping them to achieve thier goals. Support staff and management work well together and put the people supported at heart of everything they do.

The training is great, and there is opportunity for career progression.

Rate of pay is low, but this is with all support providers.
Pros
Working with the people we support
Cons
Pay
31 January 2019

I was delighted to read your very positive review. It is always heartening to know that people are getting so much out of working at Affinity Trust.

Like many reviews we receive, you have commented on our excellent learning and development and progression opportunities for staff. This year we are looking at how we can enhance both these areas even further.

I am pleased to see you are working in such a cohesive team with everyone working to achieve the same end goal.

With regard to your comments regarding pay, I agree, but sadly this is a national issue due to the level of funding social care providers receive from the government.

While we can’t always improve pay rates because of this issue, we are trying to improve the benefits provided to staff by launching such schemes as affinity4you, a high street and online discount scheme.

Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality

Short staff, high turnover.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Midland27 January 2019
Managers tend to leave, no continuity, lack of staff, too much overtime at the same pay rate. No weekends off unless one books annual leave. Not great really, it looks good on paper but in reality I think the company does not care about the staff.
Pros
None.
Cons
Where to start.
31 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Can I assure you that your contribution to the organisation is valued and that we are working with Support Managers to improve rota management and the time taken to recruit when we have vacancies.

We now have a central recruitment team in place to support us with recruitment and, wherever possible, we provide flexibility in work patterns.

There is a stable management team within the Midlands division and they are committed to providing a supportive and positive environment for all to work within.

I would however really appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly to discuss the issues you have raised to enable me to explore your comments further and where possible provide resolution.

Regards
Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality.

Real values driven company
support worker (Current Employee) –  leicester21 January 2019
I have worked for the company for over a year now and really enjoyed my time. The training is excellent and the people we support a pleasure to work with. The team works together and the managers listen. The senior managers do come out to services and take time to get to know everyone
Pros
has real values in action
Cons
pay
8 March 2019

I was really pleased to see that you recognise we are a values-driven organisation and that we all work in conjunction with both our mission and values statement.

Nearly every review we receive highlights our excellent learning and development training programme and I am delighted to see that you too have gained a great deal from it.

Equally I am pleased to see that you feel supported by local and senior managers alike.

Pay is an issue often mentioned in reviews - understandably so, as the rates of pay are a national concern across social care and we hope the Government will provide additional funding to enable an increase in pay rates across the sector.

Working at Affinity Trust
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire20 January 2019
I work for Affinity Trust, as a support worker. I like my job. It is very interesting and I enjoy working with different people. This is my review. Please accept.
4 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and it was good to hear how much you enjoy your role. Getting the opportunity to support and work with different people is great and will mean you can make a difference to the lives of the people you support.

The best for company
Suporting people learning disabilities (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire18 January 2019
5 years working for organisation, with some management,it was nice, staff was happy to given the best support for the services and people we working with. Now, year after year everything going to abism. Poor management, abuse of the position, bad communication ,influences ,favourite staff. Well, so many wrong things going on. It should be really different, I still believe in this organisation, still believe,out there somebody will make it change.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Everyone leave in short time
4 February 2019

It's great to hear how long you have worked for Affinity Trust and that you believe in the organisation. I was sorry to hear about your recent experience of management and communication.

It would be good to talk to you further about this so we can resolve this. I would be grateful if you could contact me at our Thame office to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality.

Demanding and low pay
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East of England9 January 2019
Not very good work life balance and little support from most management. Low end of the pay scale and always under pressure. High staff turnover.
Looking to leave
Pros
Sick pay but could be take away soon
4 February 2019

Affinity Trust continues to pay sick pay and there are no plans to change this in the immediate future. We pay above the National Living Wage and are committed to ensuring we review our pay rates on a regular basis, but recognise that the pay for this sector is challenging at present due to limits on funding available from local authorities.

I am sorry that you are looking to leave and I would welcome you contacting me so we can look at how we can support you in your role. I can be contacted at our Thame office, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality

Keep Clear
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire6 January 2019
Terrible company to work for! Blackmailed into picking up shifts, all staff are overworked and tired, lack of staff and staff training. Management is a joke, inexperienced people being promoted well above their capabilities, leading to an extremely unhappy staff team. When concerns are raised issues are brushed under the carpet in case head office hears about it. Short cuts made left right and centre. More and more pressure put on staff to produce more quality and meet targets with little or no encouragement or support. Lucky if you see a manager from one month to the next . We were told in training sessions to go onto job forums and add positive feedback to tilt the balance of the negative feedback they were receiving, if that isn’t deceitful I don’t know what is. Would never ever work for this company again and would never recommend it. So if you are thinking about it stay well away and choose a different provider. Plenty of decent ones if you look.
4 February 2019

We always encourage staff to speak to us so we can resolve any issues and have a clear process for escalating concerns to enable issues to be resolved.

We continue to be committed to ensuring we support our staff well and, if staff are unhappy, our aim is always to try and resolve this.

We recognise how important it is to enable staff to give their best to the people they support and always welcome staff contacting either myself or the Divisional Director.

I was surprised to hear that you felt that training was lacking as we always receive very positive feedback on our training both through our staff survey and online.

Productive and job satisfaction
Support Worker Adults with Learning Dissabilities (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 December 2018
General household duties, walks in parks/ woods, hospital/doctors/dentist appointments,personnel care, money checks,budgeting, medication administering/ meds counts,food shopping, meal preperation and support with any social activites.
You learn different ways to engage the person you support in different activities.How to deal with different situations with different supported needs,How to administer medication,Being involved with support plans and report changes immediately.filling out accident/incident forms.
At present i feel that i am not getting the support when needed.
I work within a mixed culture with no problems.
Working with people who do not have the same standards as myself, and I feel that there is no team work within the service that I am working in at present.
The satisfaction of knowing that you have made a difference to a persons life.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Not getting the full support when needed
28 December 2018

Thank you for your review and great to hear that you find the role gives you job satisfaction, supporting people to achieve their goals is very rewarding. I was sorry to hear though that you are feeling unsupported in your role, I am in Norwich on January 9th and would welcome a time to meet with you so I can talk to you in more detail so we can resolve this for you, we want all our staff to feel fully supported. If you are able to contact me at the Thame office we can arrange a suitable time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Donna Leedham, Director of Operations and Quality.

I love my job!!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Midland2 December 2018
I have worked for this company for 5 years and have had my ups and downs, mostly ups!! I worked at one location, at first I got on okay but then it all went down hill as I was subjected to being victimized however this was quickly resolved & I was granted a transfer to the service I am in now which I absolutely adore.
I have been able to progress further in my career and work up the ladder, my managers are outstanding in their way of working to enable me to be given the full support I need.
no two days are the same, some can be draining that's just part of the job, most days are great, we get to do the fun things as well as making sure all tasks are completed.
Pros
making a difference to people's lives
Cons
can get short staffed resulting in a mnegative impact on the people we support
12 December 2018

Thank you for writing your review. I was really pleased to see that overall you get so much fulfilment from your role, enjoying the diversity and challenge your role brings. It is without doubt the most rewarding feeling making a difference to people’s lives.

With regard to staff vacancies, I am aware of the challenges this causes. We now have a national recruitment team in place and are exploring all possible avenues to improve the timeliness of recruiting to vacancies as well as seeking to ensure Affinity Trust is an employer of choice to those looking for employment.

proud to be part of Affinity Trust
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North West21 November 2018
Working for Affinity Trust is the best decision I have made. Having worked in this field for many years, supporting adults with LD under other companies , I can honestly say Affinity is far the best, for not only supporting their clients but also supporting their staff. Their training is second to none and very effective when put into place.
Pros
excellent training, excellent support to the clients
Cons
pay could be better as in all support/care work
12 December 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review. I was delighted to see that you find working for Affinity Trust so rewarding and that you recognise that we are an organisation that is truly values-led; valuing both the people we support and our staff.

It is also really encouraging to see that, like many other staff at Affinity Trust, you have benefited from our extensive training programme and recognise the quality of our learning and development opportunities.

It is sadly a health and social care issue that all organisations face with regard to under-funding from local authorities which impacts on staff pay. Nevertheless, we have introduced initiatives to make staff pay go further, such as an employee discount scheme covering many high street and online retailers.

Dishonest management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk7 November 2018
I feel rather disappointed to think you can do so much overtime to help the company but not losing sight of the people we support benefitting., then when you leave and get told you can stay on bank and suddenly this changes. On querying this I have been given all different reasons. Fortunately I have kept the evidence. I had all excellent appraisals so certainly nothing wrong with my work. It is unbelievable that a director of a company can feel its ok to do this. I am very hurt and would like to have an opportunity to discuss this. I would happily stay on bank as i know I do a good job and that I care . I feel its unfair that someone can be treated in this way. It was very strange that one of the Support Workers was regularly late got away with I will say the manager and the team leader were very supportive when I lost my Mum I do recall an incident when a secretary disagreed in Safeguarding training that it was ok to report abuse outside of the company. This to me was totally barbaric as to safeguard someone in your care is paramount. Not everyone is comfatable to do this so given its ok to go external it shoukd be appreciated as it benefits those in our care I would like to say that some staff have a fantastic manner and is always helpful and a pleasure to spea4k too.
Pros
People we support and majority of the staff are lovely.
Cons
Management not being honest and not supportive.
15 November 2018

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with the people we support and your colleagues. I am aware of your concerns and we have looked into these and responded to you regarding these.

rubbish management
Support Worker for Learning Disabilities (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 October 2018
no professionalism and nothing helpful about this business. I was mistreated and left the business. i was very unhappy and very unsettled as they constantly moved me
Keep away from this company!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth28 September 2018
I have worked for Affinity Trust for 6 months and I’m still waiting to be meds’ trained. But I’m expected to do sleeps which is putting the residents in danger; as if one had a seizure in the night I can’t give them their meds to stop said seizures; and would have to call out an ambulance, when they could be seeing to someone else.

Seems like whenever things go wrong, it’s the staff’s fault when 99.9% of the time, it could have been avoided had our line manager actually done her job properly in the first place.

New staff are always at fault; long serving staff treated like dirt. Management don’t care and quick to point the finger when things go wrong...... I could go on. I think the world of the residents we look after; but can’t stand the company or management.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Long hours, under appreciated.
26 October 2018

I am sorry to hear your comments and would be more than happy to meet with you to talk about this, I can be contacted at our Thame office on 01844 267800.

We are committed to making changes and working together as a team to ensure continuous improvement.

I am glad you enjoy working with the people you support.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ridiculous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont Leys23 September 2018
I have had awful experience working within one service in Leicestershire. Staff are allowed to do as the please when they please having excuses not to anything. Management is same constant carpet sweeping and no value the good staff do. Everything always left till last minute and often needs to be fixed at weekend which in no way helpful or easy. Organisation is joke here.
Pros
People we support
Cons
Staff and management
26 October 2018

Thank you for completing this review. At Affinity Trust, we do value the contribution all staff make and recognise the often challenging job they do.

We are a values-led organisation and strive to provide a positive working environment for all. Where problems arise, we will endeavour to take action to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth19 September 2018
Dont bother
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire14 September 2018
Affinity have got to be the worst company I've ever worked for. They couldn't care less about staff. It's frustrating when report issues it's just brushed under the carpet. Bullying is happening a lot. Agency do what they like and get away with it.
Pros
Pws are great.
Cons
Poor management. Bullying. Favoritism.
20 September 2018

Please be re-assured we do care about our staff, as they are the key to ensuring the people we support receive the quality of support they deserve. If you have any concerns then please can you contact me at our Thame office so we can arrange to meet and I can get more information about the issues you have raised to ensure they have been looked into.

Staff do sometimes raise concerns via Indeed, but rarely follow these up by contacting me or other directors directly. However, it’s really important to do this so we can work together to look at the concerns in more detail and resolve them. I therefore hope to hear from you soon.

Friendly workplace
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Cannock12 September 2018
Nice place to work residents are well cared for and management deal with matters correctly and protect staff and residents . Staff work well as team ad equal opportunity’s in work place ar great .
Pros
Managers are great
26 October 2018

I was delighted to read your review and to see how much you value being part of such a professional and supportive team where you believe we are enabling people to have full and fulfilling lives.

It’s good that you feel that the managers provide the right level of guidance and emulate good practice.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your views - thank you!

rubbish
Support worker (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire24 August 2018
Awful in every single way!
Managers only care about their own personal gain.
Staff are never listened to and there's no appreciation no matter how many long hours you put in or how hard you work for this company!
26 September 2018

I am sorry to hear you believe managers have not valued your contribution to the organisation.

We have rolled out a number of reward and recognition initiatives in the last year and there are more to follow, because we do value staff and know that, without your hard work and commitment, we would not be providing the quality support that we do.

We are also currently action planning our responses to our organisation-wide staff engagement survey.

I would really appreciate if you would give me an opportunity to look into your views and have an opportunity to resolve any issues you have, by contacting me directly.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

Victoria Neish, Director of Operations and Quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8