AEGON Employee Reviews

great palce for an internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh17 June 2018
I was placed at aegon for work experiance; for a college course I was taking at the time. While I was at aegon the main task I compeleted where based on short term projects and long term project they had completed in previous years i.e. managing projects, seting up a plan for a project, going threw process of creating a project. As well as learing and taking part in veruis different Aegon depatrments.

The managment where excellent, Aeogon had a close nit workplace culture. Aswell as its own social media account for each employee to contact other employee's and post about group projects.

It has itsn own football team, onsite gym. and great workplace goals.

The hardest part of the job while I was completing the internship programme was undestading some of the phrases used.
Pros
free lunches
good place to work
AML team member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 May 2018
Good place to work, nice people, nice office and a laid back environment,
good faculties and easy location to get to via all transports

management were relaxed and also supportive off your work and tried to help at every opportunity
Rewarding office work
Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 February 2018
I liked AEGON as it was a friendly fun place to work. I met great friends there and remain to this day. The job was never a struggle or stressful which is why I stayed so long. It was in a great location close to home and had beautiful surroundings so lunch time walks were therapeutic.
Pros
Annual bonuses
Cons
Crammed in like sardines
If you need money and nothing else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 February 2018
Aegon is a good place to work if you are not too concerned with career advancement opportunities. Would recommend if you are looking for a job that will be just that, a job.
Fun workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh29 January 2018
Multiple locations , london , edinburgh .Relaxed working environment . Professional approach to projects . You are giving the freedom to drive the project .
Pros
Relaxing working environment
learned lot of pension information and procedures
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh4 December 2017
My main duties were providing excellent customer service on inbound telephone calls about personal and group pensions. Having gained lots of knowledge on Pensions information and procedures, I was able to deal with Individual financial advisors, employers, accountants and policyholders. I provided various tasks including current valuations and transfer values also processing retirement claims, death or divorce claims. Using company’s Psychological Customer Service Framework I showed a friendly and professional telephone manner to get excellent Net Promoter Score from customer’s telephone survey.
Excellent Teamwork
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh1 November 2017
I worked in a good team whilst at Aegon. We always supported each other and would lend a hand if anyone needed help with reaching targets and support with the work. My manager was always approachable and she would make sure if you had an issue that it was sorted out.
Okay
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 August 2017
Contact centre environment, progression isn't great throughout.

Not a lot of opportunities, even when experienced.

No flexibility.

Great people, benefits are reasonable
Boring
DC Pensions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blackrock16 August 2017
Lovely people, the management was not good. no canteen and no parking. typical work day is 8:30 till 5. They are under staffed so always have a massive work load for you.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh12 August 2017
There are worse places to work. Was a fantastic job when I started but they gradually eroded the little perks you used to get.
They do tend to employ great people so you'll make some great friends and while the job can be stressful, you are generally paid well for it.
Back office is mostly flexi time and the call centre shift work.
Pros
Monday to Friday. Pretty social job
Cons
Call centre you're a bum on a seat

Want to know more about AEGON?

Ask a question
Avoid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh28 July 2017
Progression is more or less unattainable. Some departments are easier to progress in than others. Progression measured by statistics and targets.

Poor management skills and people skills at management level.

Poor pay for results that are expected. Work is very repetitive & boring.

Everything done is computer based as well as performance measurement. No humanness to it at all
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Progression and performance measurement
Enjoyed working here
Legal Adviser (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 June 2017
A very enjoyable place to work for many years. Many different opportunities available. The company is expanding in many areas, but reducing and relocating others
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Good company for starting work in the Financial services sector
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Aegon, as it gave me an opportunity to get my foot in the door in the financial services sector. Although I was working in the Contact center, I found that it provided me we invaluable experience in many areas, such as working in a fast paced office environment, building up knowledge about pension products, and being able to communicate clearly and effectively about complicated financial products and services.
Its not necessarily for everyone, however, I have enjoyed my time there, and I found the company great to work with overall.
The only downside are the opportunities to progress within the contact center itself. After almost two years working there, the prospect of promotion, or moving up is always just out of reach, and seems to be more something that is used to entice people to join the company, rather than something that actually happens often.
Pros
Fairly easy 9-5 job, great atmosphere if you worked hard, recognition was great, training opportunities were always available
Cons
Progression further up the ladder seemed out of reach, target driven, dealing with customers by phone for 7 hours a day everyday
Direct Sales
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian8 February 2017
Make 150 Outbound calls per day to promote a new non-advised pension product. Hours were 12.00-8.30pm Mon-Thurs with a half day on either a Fri or Sat. No clarity on how to achieve commission which was advertised. Goalposts were changed regularly and not communicated with staff. Several managers couldn't manage their hair never mind a team of sales people.
Aegon
Senior Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, Midlothian29 January 2017
Did not enjoy my time at AEGON. Middle management lacked real people management skills. The company as a whole promoted a good ideology however failed to deliver.
Pros
Cons
Middle management
Working life within Aegon
(CSR)Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Park Edinburgh27 January 2017
Aegon was by far one of the best employers I have had the company itself has a strong pay and progression ethic that definitely filters through to all members of staff .
It is one of the few companies that do actually take the time care and effort to help and further the careers of there employees by providing sufficient training coaching and support in all areas that anemployee may feel they would like to achieve more in .
Pros
Above minimum wage salary, Paid and flexible leave
Cons
Demanding work schedule
Initially Good However Cost Cutting Meant Taking Voluntary Redundancy Was My Next Step To Enhance My Career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian19 January 2017
I had the ability to work in a number of different areas with differing people, systems and challenges. Having this wide view of the organisation made me appreciate the size and scale of the company.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Working At The Gyle
Hard work and not appreciated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian27 November 2016
Long hours with no appreciation or acknowledgement.

Management change their minds and do not have a clear work plan.

Benefits are being changed for redundancies which indicates redundancies are being considered.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Good work life balance
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh12 September 2016
Very busy, demanding role, with priorities changing throughout the day. I have gained a vast knowledge in the Pensions Industry working here and there are always opportunities to move on to other areas if you wish via the internal job database.

Large department, however most of the team work well with other colleagues and assist in training and general day to day queries.

The hardest part of the job is finding fairness in the statistics that are being used with the recently introduced new pay and progression model. There is and still are alot of questions being raised with managers regards to this which will hopefully be sorted out fairly and soon.

Your day goes fast and the work is varied and interesting.
Pros
Onsite Parking and Restaurant, Flexible working
Cons
Pay & Progression Model
Not many career opportunities provided
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 August 2016
A good place to work if you are not willing to progress further in your career. Not many opportunities given for improvement or for further development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEGON. Our community is ready to answer.