Advinia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 April 2019
Care staff are wonderful, but home management is extremely poor. Often left with no or little support. The home was left with no home manager for many months, and an inexperienced deputy. Unpleasant work environment with a blame culture from senior management.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor management
Terrible company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire10 April 2019
Standard of care is shocking
No respect for well - being
Management has no idea what’s going on in the units
Good staff are under appreciated
Constantly being investigated
Meal choices are appalling they basically live off chips
When care inspectorate come in some staff could win an Oscar for their acting abilities!
AVOID at all costs if you want to keep your registration this company is a joke!!!!
Great support
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 April 2019
Great company, great support

Excellent training
Friendly hardworking and caring staff
Extended family
Enjoy going to work.

All care workers have both physical and mental challenges but within golfhill care home I can honestly say you feel valued and listened to.

I would most certainly recommend this company and care home.

Laura
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lack of support from management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 April 2019
numerous staff often complain about our manager - lack of support, his sickness/absence (particularly when care inspectorate due), his general failings. we have taken our concerns to head office and are told to put things in writing and speak to him directly about our concerns. reluctantly we have done both however nothing changes. “speak up” policy states no evidence required however actions (or lack thereof) say otherwise. he has brought the home down, over half our dedicated staff (8+ years of service) have left within 2 years of him being there.. no one questions this! so let down
Pros
collegues, pay, enhanced maternity, meals provided
Cons
management - floor level and head office
Over worked, under appreciated
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth20 March 2019
Complete lack of support. A revolving door of managers and deputy managers. Switching hours and job role as and when they feel, poor pay scale. All reasons to avoid!
Horrible to work for AVOID
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire20 March 2019
I worked here for just short of 2 months. They employed me without my DBS being completed properly and didnt tell me so then had to send me home until my DBS came back. If you are new here you will be treated like dirt. The staff do not like new starters and have disgusting attitudes towards them. If you ask for help you get looked down on and bullied. This company said training provided upon employment. I was just left and when i asked for help people just avoided me. The admin staff are a disgrace, I got no contract for ages and filled in no forms. I wasnt even payed for my first month because someone had not put my time sheet in on time through payroll system, Was told numerous days i should be payed tomorrow and it never happened. Managers spend more time out in the smoking area than they do being managers and no help is given when wanted. Overall this place is horrific. Check CQC website and you will see how bad most their care homes are! I was told i could get NVQ level 2 and do courses which they never organised for me and just left me in the dark about it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything!
Not a nice place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria14 March 2019
Sadly I haven't much posetive to say.
Staff fighting all the time, management refuse to give us certificates gained and there is no teamwork.
I got depressed working here as nothing you ever did was good enough.
Only good thing would be the location, lovly countyside next to the home.
Pros
Cons
Nah
Lovely place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk26 February 2019
I have worked at Woodstock for around 10 yrs now. I love my job and my colleagues are mostly amazing and great at there roles we are like one big family. I feel during my role i have had plenty of support from my management and the ho team. Advinia i feel could give benefits to their part time workers as well as full time as i feel everyones role regardless of the hours they work is equally important.
Pros
Great team to work with
Supportive and Caring Company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk22 February 2019
I have been working for this company for years now and have to say that they have supported me to grow my career further, as started here as a carer 7 years ago and since then have completed all my necessary qualifications and now work in management, always find HO very helpful with any quires, especially HR department, during a difficult time in my personal life, the company was very supportive and helped me the best way they've could of, very thankful for the assistance and opportunities they have provided so far and still looking to grown further within this company :)
It is a care company but better than most
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 February 2019
I’ve worked as a carer for a lot of companies and this one is better than most in that they seem to listen and take on board your comments. They aren’t perfect but then what company is, they also admit they aren’t perfect which is refreshing and they are very honest about the challenges they face as a company
The bad reviews probably have some elements of truth to them but there are a lot worse care companies out there - at least in this one you meet senior people who listen to you. Yes the pay could be better and they are some rubbish managers but that happens everywhere and at least this company seem to deal with the bad and reward the good
Pros
They listen and are honest
Cons
Pay but then what care company doesn’t pay poorly
Shocking avoid avoid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle15 February 2019
This company is a joke they offer you the job make u wait 7 weeks then to take thrle offer away even with clean dbs and great refrences.staff arquing with each other the morale is shocking the management are a joke.
Pros
Care assistants are lovely
Cons
Managment
supportive company
support manager (Current Employee) –  south region7 February 2019
Very rewarding job, company passionate about providing the best quality and safest care for their clientele and very supportive of their employees. Cannot recommend highly enough
Pros
free lunches, ample training, staff listened to
Very supportive company
Manager (Current Employee) –  South5 February 2019
I have worked with Advinia Health Care in a management role since 2014. I have found the managers to be extremely supportive, providing you with the resources to enable you to do your job well.

The culture of the company is like a family. They invest in staff and two of the homes in the South have achieved Investors in People awards. Staff are listened too; ideas are welcomed and valued and when appropriate are implemented.
Pros
Supportive management team
7 February 2019

Thank you for your comments and it is great to hear that you feel so supported.

Avoid at all costs
Admin dogs body (Former Employee) –  Barrock Court31 January 2019
Avoid this company i worked for the company for 4 year i was constantly under pressure management head office had no problem at all giving you more tasks with no warning or training and if you rang HO for support you were spoken to like you had 2 heads They were terrible at paying suppliers abd contractors to the point of being embarrassing i was expected to take on any role i was a very low paid administrator who actually done finance and payroll any ordering for the home and any other task no one else wanted to do The home ran constantly under pressure so much so my manager had a heart attack
Pros
Brilliant care staff
Cons
Head office management
7 February 2019

I am sorry that you feel this way as we always try to ensure that our Admin teams and Home Managers are supported and feel valued given the invaluable job that they do.
If you felt that you were unsupported then you could have raised this and we would have looked into your concerns, if you would like to discuss this matter further then please do contact Head Office and ask to speak to the Head of HR who will be able to look into your concerns in more detail.

Stay unemployed at least your guaranteed dependable money
Care staff (Former Employee) –  Scotland28 January 2019
This company has proven it cannot pay its staff !
They have a cheek to promote on their web page they support the nonslavery act , when they have their employees basically working for free
Pros
Cons
Do not pay
29 January 2019

Please rest assured that we can, and do, pay our staff. We have recently rolled out a new payroll system that has caused some errors but we are working hard to rectify these and should you want to talk to anyone about your issues then please do speak to your home or call Head Office direct

To many chiefs not enough indians
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Bedford house5 December 2018
Avoid this company a terrible company to work for don’t care about their staff or residents for that matter there is bullying going on from management and also abuse of the elderly should be shut down
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
12 December 2018

I am sorry to hear of your experience as we do value each member of our staff and the excellent work they do and we always try to make our residents the heart of everything we do.
If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do contact our Head Office

Avoid!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalmuir, West Dunbartonshire28 November 2018
Staff don’t get treated right or equally
Management and seniors are terrible too staff
Shifts get changed all the time
Poor standards all over home
Terrible attitudes
If your face doesn’t fit in
Terrible place to work

Avoid! Not worth it
Pros
Cons
Too many
12 December 2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience as we endeavour to ensure a positive employee experience.

We do value your feedback and would welcome further information if you would like to contact our Head Office directly.

Avoid Company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire25 November 2018
Avoid this company, staff are rude and management are just as rude, made me feel so worthless and unappreciated working for them. Don't care and don't try help you out in any situation. Residents are treated poorly. A lot of lazy staff members. Nothing is done about them and they are let off.
12 December 2018

I am sorry that you felt unappreciated as we truly appreciate the excellent work undertaken by all our staff.

If you would like to talk to someone about your concerns please do contact our Head Office

Management the problem
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester25 November 2018
As a senior you get moved around all round the building , never staying on one unit , the residents get used to the staff then they get moved due to no reasons at all , why do the management do this , the residents are upset and they don’t care also meals are rubbish and staff are embarrassed giving the meals out . Plenty of other care homes what are a lot better
Pros
Cons
To many
12 December 2018

I am sorry to hear of your experience but would welcome more information from you if you can contact our Head Office direct as we are constantly looking at ways we can improve

Avoid
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tipton, West Midlands23 November 2018
It’s the blind leading the blind at Ryland View. Glad to gone from the hole. Most the staff don’t get on with one another so have to be moved around. Poor residents should be moved out of place to a place that people really care. Food disgusting. That’s your benefit to have it for free cause you definitely would not buy it. Lucky if you have bath or beds cleaned. Management have not got a clue and lie to family members. Cleanliness is not the best when you look around.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
12 December 2018

I am sorry that you feel this way about Ryland View - the care of our residents is always our number 1 priority.
If you would like to provide more detail on anything of concern please do contact our Head Office direct and we can look into your comments in more details.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advinia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5