Admiral Insurance Employee Reviews

High expectation for low pay
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea27 June 2018
The people are great to work with but the regulations make the job very hard and the pressure from management is very much a pressure on your shoulders.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hours
Bad place to work
security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
They never peid my expenses in Sevilla Spain.
HR never answer emails, they lie to you when they promise they will pay the expenses
Bad environment to work in, you will lose money
Doesnt look like a professional environment
Pros
Cons
all you can think of, you lose money
Fun place to work with advancement opportunites but with management issues
Many posts (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 April 2018
Great culture, nice place to work, room for advancement, good benefits but issues with management and favouritism. Company culture seems to be dwindling with each new intake they have.
Good pay
Commercial Vehicle insurance, sales executive (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea2 April 2018
Good pay and benefits but it’s a very long day. The job is monotonous and you position can be changed to another department at any time. You may end out outbound in customers regardless of the role you applying for.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The lack of life
good workplace
2 Day Placement (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 March 2018
I thought it taught me a lot of new things and I definitely consider working in an office environment after being there for 2 days. It is a sector would like to go into after I finish my degree
Claims handler
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea16 March 2018
A company that sacrifices customer journey to benefit internal stats. Every decision made is purely made on a profit basis. Severly understaffed and are desperate to get people in to combat poor answer rates etc.
Drinking
Renewals Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newport City Centre, Newport14 March 2018
The role is presented as one in customer service and primarily around retention of customers.Vast majority of customers are calling to cancel or to tell you they've cancelled, these proportions can effect your wages. Pushed sales into the role to make more money as basic wage was meagre, trying to sell things to customers trying to cancel is a hard job.
Pros
Free food semi regularly
Cons
low wage
Claims Service Handler (Former Employee) –  Newport7 March 2018
Loved my moments with Admiral. Team was wonderful and in house training was great to ensure i was ready for my role. Would absolutely recommend anyone's who's looking for a fresh new start with a great company.
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport1 March 2018
Good place to work, great people and fun environment, with some good insensitives

You do work very hard here and sometimes the amount of work can be overwhelming
Pros
Company shares and fun days
Cons
Very heavy work load
Shocking treatment of staff
Senior sales executive (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea21 February 2018
I worked in the inbound sales department for 15 years and when my family member fell ill, Admiral management seemed great but after losing that family member and admiral management coming to the funeral, I was told 3 months later after no verbal or written warnings that they were terminating my contract for the amount of time off I had. It was also conveniently 2 weeks before my shares were due to be paid out. Subsequently I took them to court and won my case for unfair dismissal but lost all my shares.
In admiral it seems loyalty to the company means nothing and you are just a number!!
fun work place
New Business Executive (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 February 2018
a nice friendly place to work, with lots of learning and daily tasks to get on with, hours were very long and shifts were not good for a work balance lifestyle.
Hard But Fair
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 February 2018
An overall great place to work. There is very clear room for progression and the management staff are friendly. The job itself though does lack engagement and I believe you find yourself doing the same things from day to day.
Pros
A good share program.
Cons
Underpaid and long hours.
Bad company to work for
Customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 February 2018
Gave them a chance twice because I applied for the job and twice they messed me around saying they can put my application to another role. Gave them 2 chances and in the interview, she asked me sales questions that threw me off,
Not professional as twice they could have told me in advance so I was prepared! Very. Unprofessional.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Bad company to work for, messed around twice
Great environment, atmosphere, low salary
Bodily Injury Claims Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport31 January 2018
This is a great company to work for.
They actually care about their employees.
Lots of opportunities to progress especially for people willing to move departments and changes roles.
Lots of additional benefits - shares, casual clothes, flexi time, 'fun' activities, afternoons out etc
A great connection between manager and employee, they are accessible and approachable - lots of support if you are struggling.
They justify low salaries by overall 'package' including share allocations but shares only mature (become sellable) after three years and if you leave you lose whatever shares have not been sold.
Pros
Environment, support, training
Cons
Salary
Fun place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff27 January 2018
1. Fun place to work. Not a typical big company environment. Good Work culture.
2. Flexible working hours.
3. Good Share scheme and other benefits for employees.
Did not enjoy my time at the Admiral Group!
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London13 January 2018
I worked at the smaller office with the Admiral Group in Ealing Broadway.

The Manager was very rude and always made inappropriate comments,

Although complaining to the owner about this, Unfortunately a bit to late as I already left, they answered very rudely to me without apologising for their managers behaviour.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to Work
Management Information (MI) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 January 2018
Admiral's open culture provides the best environment to learn from experienced professionals. The company in general provides amazing conditions for all employees, regardless of position or length of service.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport4 December 2017
Lots of benefits. Shares and a great culture people are happy and great morale. Job has changed over the last couple of years to stay ahead of the market
Great working Atmosphere
Document Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff10 November 2017
I think working for Admiral is a really lush and beautiful experience. Everyone is very relaxed and spoilt rotten. The people are very kind and supportive, every department I went to is decorated in a fun manner, everyone is also spoilt to luxury food and games, and I really like the atmosphere. To me, it was no doubt the best place I have ever worked in.
Pros
Chill-out areas, themes every year, every office decorated, informal, friendly staff, games, good atmosphere
Cons
Some jobs have hours that are too long and my contract was way too short
fun place to work, relaxed enviroment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 November 2017
varied work, learn new things all the time
fun and incentives for working hard
great benefits like shares in the company and so on
relaxed enviroment but as long as you work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Admiral Insurance Reviews by Location