Adelie Foods Ltd

Adelie Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews
No proper management.
Organisation is not well organised. Labour rights are denied.

Voice of labourers are not given priority.

Managers misuse powers to harass employees.
Adelie foods is good company. I enjoyed working at Adelie. Good working shift pattern and all staff are friendly. No harassment at work. Salaries were paid in time,all areas were clean and all products were double check before delivery. I was happy working at Adelie foods.
Cons
Good job, only some people been special. Can doing what want, it's not fare. I like this job, very help for people. I recommend this job if been again.
Very fast paced environment, very stressfull for key staff I.e supervisor, PC, machine minders. Great team work and very friendly place to work. Training could be a lot better.
Pros
Early finish time
Cons
Very early start
I want the government to help bring this job back.
It was a big company with more than 1000 workers which ran three shifts before it was changed to 12 hours shift so it was a source of help to the community
Pros
It was a big compang which brought a lot of benefits to the community.
Cons
They should make some changes on their working shift
Our company was number one sandwich company of United kingdom. We were filling sandwiches and filling wrapes. Our management and workers were very hard worker.
Enjoyed my time there and it was unfortunate so many employees were made redundant after employment.
Good atmosphere and really enjoyed the staff i worked with.
Start with vehicle check, deliver foods to different sites, then check vehicle ready for next shift. I learned to drive in all weather conditions, and different routes caused by road closures. Management was good. Hardest part of the job was sleeping during the day for night shift.. Most enjoyable part was making a delivery on time to a happy customer.
Due to a severe impact of Covid 19 Adelie Foods went into Administration on 01/06/2020.
All work force has been made redundant on the same day.

It was challenging and enjoyable place to work.
Typical day....there wasn’t one which made it so exciting. If you had an idea it was listened to and if found to be, after collaborating with other departments, trials took place and if it worked, implemented. Always wanting new ideas and none of them were dismissed regardless of ‘how crazy’ they may have seemed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Adelie Foods Ltd?
It has been amazing working in the production with operatives and team leaders as they are very kind and respectful towards each other. They work together and help each other.
really nice? shame been shouted down...was amazing, good experience. Meet and make there lots of friends ...so many cultures, learned there lots of things
I worked night shift at adelie for about 12 and a half years where i enjoyed working
With my team it was a bit stressful sometimes especially when drivers phoned in sick last minete and i had to arrange cover or sometimes go on a route myself but other than that it was good
Making sandwiches hard work, fast paced, short beaks worked 12 hours night shifts 4 days on 4 days off cold working conditions only 2 breaks in 12 hours.
Pros
No Benefits
Cons
long hours low pay
Good company to work for, unfortunately due to the Corona virus pandemic the company has now ceased trading and is currently in administration and winding down.
Nice place to work.
good management and staff friendly.

Monthly meetings to explain staff all about the company which is very useful.

Holidat paid and pension scheme.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Cons
Long hours, low wages, poor management, no social life.

Pros

Use their own vans

Free food on site

Amazing colleagues

Overall, not a great place to work.
A typical day at work would start with a morning walk around the warehouse with my team leader in order to verify if everything was in place and safe in case of fire. Emergency exits, non existence of tripping hazards.
after that i would get to my office and run my daily reports for the morning meeting with Senior Management, all department managers plus supply chain, production and general site manager.

everyday was a challenge which is always good, because i believe there is always room to improve and that ambition of always do better was what took me to my position in the business.
I have a wonderful team which co-operative, work & have fun together at Adelie Foods.
The managers are very helpful and share their experience with us, which helps us to learn more.
Is a nice place to work and I did learn and have some experience during my 3 years working there ,the co-workers are friendly and we understand each other most of the time to work as a team .
Salary i think is not that Good, u dont have a holiday as u work from agency no sick pay waste of my time to be honest i dont know what else should i say